PDA

View Full Version : Todd McShay has Levis of Kentucky as a 1st Rounder next April

Coach34
08-19-2022, 02:33 PM
and the 3rd QB picked overall behind Stroud of Ohio State and Young at Bama. 21st best prospect overall.

Needless to say Rogers wasnt listed in the top 23 QB's he rated for the draft. 20 of the top 50 players were from the SEC

STATEBALLIN
08-19-2022, 02:39 PM
He?s a good QB

Coach34
08-19-2022, 02:44 PM
Richardson of Fla 5th overall QB...Rattler at 9 and Daniels of LSU 10th. Hooker at 13 was the only other SEC QB to make the list

TrapGame
08-19-2022, 02:46 PM
I don't get the Levis love. I think Coen elevated his stock with some of the Rams offense he brought in but he's gone. The new OC runs a pro set but his resume is kinda meh. I don't know if he'll do Levis any favors.

Tripp McNeely
08-19-2022, 03:01 PM
He doesn't even list Manny Forbes in his TOP 20 cornerbacks!! Kinda made me lose some respect for McShay.

Goldendawg
08-19-2022, 03:36 PM
Nothing new here. We will only get respect when we win a lot of games. Hail State!

Homedawg
08-19-2022, 03:51 PM
Nothing new here. We will only get respect when we win a lot of games. Hail State!

Winning games doesn't make a guy a top prospect. See Charles cross. See any other player on really bad teams that goes high. We have a bunch of good college players. But we don't have any elite prospects that are draft eligible. Not a single guy mentioned by mcshay in his preseason list by position. Which was 15-30 players per position

Goldendawg
08-19-2022, 03:58 PM
Winning games doesn't make a guy a top prospect. See Charles cross. See any other player on really bad teams that goes high. We have a bunch of good college players. But we don't have any elite prospects that are draft eligible. Not a single guy mentioned by mcshay in his preseason list by position. Which was 15-30 players per position

Very good point.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-19-2022, 04:26 PM
I think Will Rogers' NFL ceiling is being Chase Daniel (career backup QB). Great college quarterback with big numbers, smart, knows the offensive system, doesn't cause friction in the locker room, supports the starting QB. Will Rogers doesn't look like an NFL starter to me.

Tater
08-19-2022, 05:34 PM
As a raiders fan, Todd McShay's opinion matters as much as Mike Mayock's. It doesn't. Clearly these guys don't know what their doing or they'd have an actual NFL job. The one that did, had quite literally the worst draft of all time. Yawn.

msudawg1200
08-19-2022, 08:10 PM
He?s a good QB

Is he? Or is he just a little above average? After watching him live last year, I was not impressed at all. Looked like your basic pro style QB. Nothing stood out that made him special.

WhiskeyPirate
08-19-2022, 08:47 PM

We don’t have any elite prospects that are draft eligible ?

I don’t know how elite they are but we have several players that will be drafted or make an nfl roster

thf24
08-19-2022, 09:11 PM
I just can't wrap my head around the Levis love. I get that he has the tools and the league requires the tools as much as anything. But how often do the guys with tools but not stud production at their previous level of play pan out? His averages were already mediocre last year, and that was with the benefit of absolute game-breaking freak production for him in Robinson. I don't see how in the world people expect him to elevate himself any more, much less at all, with his help taking a major step back.

Coach34
08-19-2022, 10:15 PM
I just can't wrap my head around the Levis love. I get that he has the tools and the league requires the tools as much as anything. But how often do the guys with tools but not stud production at their previous level of play pan out? His averages were already mediocre last year, and that was with the benefit of absolute game-breaking freak production for him in Robinson. I don't see how in the world people expect him to elevate himself any more, much less at all, with his help taking a major step back.

Many scouts and coaches think Levis will have some growth similar to Burrow. He obviously doesnt have LSU talent around him but he has all the things you are looking for in a QB. Size, arm, intelligence, can move a little.

Kentucky got a transfer from VT that caught 44 balls last year at 12 yards a pop. They have 2 highly recruited 4-star WR's that are expected to start or at least play alot- one a top 10 rated in the country. They return 3 of their top 4 rushers. Veteran OL where they have recruited fairly well plus a grad transfer.

Schultzy
08-19-2022, 11:35 PM
Complete 85% fine but can your RBs break a tackle?

MedDawg
08-23-2022, 01:36 PM
I don't get all the UK love. Yeah, the QB is returning, but they lost a lot of starters on both sides of the ball and their OC.

Lost 3 OL starters and their clearly best WR. Might have lost their best RB too. Lost several of their best defenders.

BiscuitEater
08-23-2022, 03:24 PM
Yea, 3 Picks at DWS last year!

Homedawg
08-23-2022, 04:41 PM
We don’t have any elite prospects that are draft eligible ?

I don’t know how elite they are but we have several players that will be drafted or make an nfl roster

I'm sure we will have a few drafted. But more than likely none on the first two day. Thus- not elite. And it's not like we will have 6/8 drafted. 4 would be a lot! Like I said, a bunch of good college players. Which is good for us. But not a lot of nfl guys that are eligible. Name one guy on offense that will be drafted this year?? I cant think of one....defense Forbes....... then some marginal nfl guys.... again, 4 would be a lot! ...:I can't speak for the really young ones yet!

TheLostDawg
08-23-2022, 04:48 PM
I'm sure we will have a few drafted. But more than likely none on the first two day. Thus- not elite. And it's not like we will have 6/8 drafted. 4 would be a lot! Like I said, a bunch of good college players. Which is good for us. But not a lot of nfl guys that are eligible. Name one guy on offense that will be drafted this year?? I cant think of one....defense Forbes....... then some marginal nfl guys.... again, 4 would be a lot! ...:I can't speak for the really young ones yet!

Yet they will declare early.

Maybe NIL somewhat helps this but could be detrimental by having our best players transfer

sleepy dawg
08-24-2022, 09:35 AM
I think Will Rogers' NFL ceiling is being Chase Daniel (career backup QB). Great college quarterback with big numbers, smart, knows the offensive system, doesn't cause friction in the locker room, supports the starting QB. Will Rogers doesn't look like an NFL starter to me.

Did you think Dak was after his Sophomore season? Either way, Rogers is just now about to play his junior year. I'm not saying he is or he isn't, but its a bit early to say he doesn't look like an NFL starter.

HancockCountyDog
08-24-2022, 09:39 AM
Im way more surprised that Forbes isn't listed as opposed to Levis ranking.

Forbes is damn good.

Goldendawg
08-24-2022, 10:19 AM
Coaches just voted Levis 3rd team All SEC.

Coach34
08-24-2022, 10:25 AM
Coaches just voted Levis 3rd team All SEC.

Kentucky's RB picked 1st team
OL 2nd team
QB and WR 3rd team

We had 1 offensive player picked- Walley

HoopsDawg
08-24-2022, 10:58 AM
As a raiders fan, Todd McShay's opinion matters as much as Mike Mayock's. It doesn't. Clearly these guys don't know what their doing or they'd have an actual NFL job. The one that did, had quite literally the worst draft of all time. Yawn.

Mayock was so bad.

HoopsDawg
08-24-2022, 11:02 AM

And our roster gets significantly worse next season.