PDA

View Full Version : SDS says we go 8-4

starkvegasdawg
08-19-2022, 09:14 AM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/sds-crystal-ball-mississippi-state-2022/?fbclid=IwAR0OQMorPX2StXfwx0JcGjEVKF9MmLucR7wp86NF 1lReBPH3HMFYW3UR3UE

Losses to A&M, UK, Ala, and UGA.

Catfish
08-19-2022, 09:20 AM
8-4 would be a great season.

TrapGame
08-19-2022, 09:22 AM
I can see that. If we could flip that UK game for a road win and finish 9-3 that would be really nice.

FISHDAWG
08-19-2022, 09:27 AM
I think the aTm game is up for grabs by which ever team makes the fewest mistakes ... I think we take Kentucky ... I hope we don't lose another Egg Bowl but I thinks it's a definite possibility.

Maroonthirteen
08-19-2022, 09:55 AM
8 wins which includes an egg bowl win?.... I'd take that right now. If we could.

Duckdog
08-19-2022, 10:12 AM
i Say 9-3 maybe 10-2 if the stars align

PGHBulldogBG
08-19-2022, 11:40 AM
I think we got 8-4 with a nice bowl win. Maybe not NY6 but probably Citrus or Outback. I have the same record as SDS but I have us beating aTm at home and losing @LSU. If we had any of the other East teams besides UGA and UK 10-2 would be a real possibility.

Goldendawg
08-19-2022, 11:58 AM
Unless we play horrible on the road, I just don't see a loss to KY. As per those worried about the AZ game, weren't they one of the worst teams in the county last year? With what we have coming back, a loss to them and it could be a very bad season. 9-3 tops and if 8-4 better have OM in the 8. Hail State!

parabrave
08-19-2022, 12:18 PM
We are going either 10-2 or 6-6. No in between because we are either going to suck or come in 2nd in the west. And the 1st game is going tp tell us about the whole season. 4 main things to look for in the 1st game. Oline blocking, Will throwing and completing long passes esp for TDs, kicking and the running game. If Will gets pressure and ends up throwing 5 yard dumps to the RBs all game going to be a long year / Q time for some BYA.

KOdawg1
08-19-2022, 12:30 PM
8-4 with one of those being the egg would be a good year. We're capable of more, but I'd take that right now

KOdawg1
08-19-2022, 12:31 PM
Unless we play horrible on the road, I just don't see a loss to KY.
We haven't beaten Kentucky in Lexington since Dak was our QB and we were #1 in the country.

TrapGame
08-19-2022, 01:15 PM
We haven't beaten Kentucky in Lexington since Dak was our QB and we were #1 in the country.

That's true. But... in 2016 we had the Peter Sirmon Swiss Cheese defense and in 2018 we had JoMo trying to make Fitz look like Tom Brady. It's going to be a good game.

Homedawg
08-19-2022, 01:36 PM
And 2020....

TrapGame
08-19-2022, 02:01 PM
And 2020....

KJ Costello in a half installed AR offense. UK's DC White tried the same defensive scheme in '21. Didn't work so well that time.

BulldogBear
08-19-2022, 03:12 PM
My take is 9-3, barring Will gets injured. Here's how I arrived at that number:

TAMU is gonna TAMU, that is be overhyped (large fanbase for clicks), followed by the now classic "SEC team that still thinks their in the Big 12" underachievement. They will be exposed in Starkpatch if they haven't already. And yes, some of that confidence comes because we have them in 'Vegas. The only thing scary about LSU is Tiger Stadium reputation and coach. In other words, it's psychology but has no substance behind it this year. How many years can we say that when we face LSU it is we, not they, who are both more talented and more experienced? This is that year. So, with that said, we will be 5-0 after the TAMU game on 10/1. Then it gets interesting. I'm way more worried about a let down against UPig the following week than I am about TAMU.

So, with seven games left there are two wins (Auburn, ETSU) and one loss (Bammer), making us 7-1. That leaves us to split the remaining four (UPig, @KY, UGA, @UMess). And I kind of see the split more specifically as 1-1 vs Hogs and Cats and 1-1 vs Dogs and Bears (oh my), with the latter likely being loss to UGA and an Egg Bowl win, although not necessarily. Georgia did not reload in the sense that we're used to the Tide doing it. Reloaded...sure, but with 380, not 45. They're vulnerable, and could even have 1-2 losses by then with Kentucky the next week. I guess my point is that we've more or less got UGA right where we want them...late in the season, at Scott Field, with the de facto East Division Championship Game looming.

TrapGame
08-19-2022, 03:17 PM
My take is 9-3, barring Will gets injured. Here's how I arrived at that number:

TAMU is gonna TAMU, that is be overhyped (large fanbase for clicks), followed by the now classic "SEC team that still thinks their in the Big 12" underachievement. They will be exposed in Starkpatch if they haven't already. And yes, some of that confidence comes because we have them in 'Vegas. The only thing scary about LSU is Tiger Stadium reputation and coach. In other words, it's psychology but has no substance behind it this year. How many years can we say that when we face LSU it is we, not they, who are both more talented and more experienced? This is that year. So, with that said, we will be 5-0 after the TAMU game on 10/1. Then it gets interesting. I'm way more worried about a let down against UPig the following week than I am about TAMU.

So, with seven games left there are two wins (Auburn, ETSU) and one loss (Bammer), making us 7-1. That leaves us to split the remaining four (UPig, @KY, UGA, @UMess). And I kind of see the split more specifically as 1-1 vs Hogs and Cats and 1-1 vs Dogs and Bears (oh my), with the latter likely being loss to UGA and an Egg Bowl win, although not necessarily. Georgia did not reload in the sense that we're used to the Tide doing it. Reloaded...sure, but with 380, not 45. They're vulnerable, and could even have 1-2 losses by then with Kentucky the next week. I guess my point is that we've more or less got UGA right where we want them...late in the season, at Scott Field, with the de facto East Division Championship Game looming.

A&M has Miami, then Arkansas, then State and then Bama after. That's a tough four game stretch. They will lose two outta four.

confucius say
08-19-2022, 03:51 PM
I can see that. If we could flip that UK game for a road win and finish 9-3 that would be really nice.

9-3 should get leach sec coach of the year

WhiskeyPirate
08-19-2022, 06:35 PM
I don’t know if we are more talented than LSU or not. They always have talent but their team this year is a mystery. They are a bit of a wild card. BK is a pretty good coach and I think he was not a natural fit at ND. LSU might be a better fit for him, considering his background and Cincy history.

LSU can make a mediocre coach look pretty good ie) les Miles

LSU has six transfers starting on defense and two starting lineman on offense that are transfers. This adds to the mystery.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-20-2022, 07:35 AM
Mullen made a lot of money beating teams he was supposed to beat but not really pulling many upsets. Leach has a habit of pulling an upset , then losing to a team like Memphis or Arizona. 6-6

Goldendawg
08-20-2022, 10:32 AM
Mullen made a lot of money beating teams he was supposed to beat but not really pulling many upsets. Leach has a habit of pulling an upset , then losing to a team like Memphis or Arizona. 6-6

6-6 could easily mean 4-0 in OOC games, 2-6 in the SEC, and a 3rd straight loss to OM. This would be totally unacceptable in Leath year 3 in my opinion. 7--5 with a win over OM would be better although 8-4 with 4-4 in SEC and competitive in all games is much better. Hail State!

schddog72
08-20-2022, 04:59 PM

This.