PDA

View Full Version : SEC Network Listing of Team Logos - Why is OM Before us?

Goldendawg
08-18-2022, 01:32 PM
The SEC Network very often shows a shot of all the team logos in two horizontal lines in alphabetical order, EXCEPT: us and OM. Mississippi State ( they use the MState logo which I hate) should come before "Ole Miss" ( or even University of MS). This burns me up and needs to be corrected, (coming from a guy who will only hang his MSU clothing on white hangers, will not allow red or blue in his closet!). Hail State!

confucius say
08-18-2022, 01:35 PM
Mississippi comes before Mississippi state.
Order was probably

Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
LSU
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Texas AM

Goldendawg
08-18-2022, 01:40 PM
Thanks, but they use logos, MState comes before Ole Miss. If they were using their red "M" logo which we followed with our "Johnny Come Lately" M with the State Banner across it I would agree. Maybe it is because they are the state's "Flagship" university.* Gets on my nerves either way. It is also not in order by West and then East division, every team logo is in "alphabetical order" with maybe aTm and Vandy on the end, I think.

smootness
08-18-2022, 04:50 PM
Thanks, but they use logos, MState comes before Ole Miss. If they were using their red "M" logo which we followed with our "Johnny Come Lately" M with the State Banner across it I would agree. Maybe it is because they are the state's "Flagship" university.* Gets on my nerves either way. It is also not in order by West and then East division, every team logo is in "alphabetical order" with maybe aTm and Vandy on the end, I think.

? I don't think they're using the logo to determine alphabetical order. Where would you put Arkansas' logo alphabetically, or Missouri's, or Florida's. And what do you do with South Carolina's, put it in as a C?

Goldendawg
08-18-2022, 06:02 PM
If not using logos, University of Mississippi does not come before Mississippi State University & Ole Miss is a logo/nickname that also does not come alphabetically before Mississippi State University either. Just being picky, but I hate them being being listed before us. Hail State!

was21
08-18-2022, 06:57 PM
inferiority complex maybe...m comes before s in the alphabet

99jc
08-18-2022, 07:07 PM
B for Bearsharks comes before Bulldog

Homedawg
08-18-2022, 08:34 PM
Does it really matter? Sorta like a uniform thread. Or paint in the end zones

Todd4State
08-19-2022, 12:22 AM

Actually based on our attendance having merchandise that fans want to buy, uniforms that fans like, and painting the end zones if a lot of fans want that- anything we can do to make our fans happy matters.

Something that MSU AD hasn't "gotten" since the LT days apparently. But hey! We got consistent branding!**

I'd add changing Don't Stop Believing or at least play it at an appropriate time. Or playing the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving.

Honestly, I don't think any other school in the SEC is more anti what their fans really want than MSU when it comes to football.

And it's odd because MSU is the complete opposite in baseball.

Lord McBuckethead
08-19-2022, 07:37 AM
Ole Miss comes before State though.
Seriously, this pisses me off less than when they just ****ing leave us out of shit.

Hot Rock
08-19-2022, 08:46 AM
The SEC Network very often shows a shot of all the team logos in two horizontal lines in alphabetical order, EXCEPT: us and OM. Mississippi State ( they use the MState logo which I hate) should come before "Ole Miss" ( or even University of MS). This burns me up and needs to be corrected, (coming from a guy who will only hang his MSU clothing on white hangers, will not allow red or blue in his closet!). Hail State!

This is some classic little brother complex shit right here. Perceived slight when there is none. OMG dude.. Alphabetically, Mississippi comes before Mississippi State. get over it.

Goldendawg
08-19-2022, 11:05 AM
This is some classic little brother complex shit right here. Perceived slight when there is none. OMG dude.. Alphabetically, Mississippi comes before Mississippi State. get over it.

Nothing "little brother" about it. If they were using their "M" logo, I would agree with you. Alphabetically, MState comes before Ole Miss. I want us out front every place we should be. Little brother is when you sit back, remain silent, and don't state your opinion. Hail State!

R2Dawg
08-19-2022, 11:47 AM

Ha, I agree. I never understood the obsession with uniforms even though there have been some I hated (the year with the strip down the shoulder was the worst). I would have been OK with that if the product on the field was real good.

TheLostDawg
08-20-2022, 03:45 AM
Ha, I agree. I never understood the obsession with uniforms even though there have been some I hated (the year with the strip down the shoulder was the worst). I would have been OK with that if the product on the field was real good.

What about the bulldog on the pants

Hot Rock
08-20-2022, 07:31 AM
Nope, you just have a little brother complex. Worry about something that actually matters.

Goldendawg
08-20-2022, 09:14 PM
Nope, you just have a little brother complex. Worry about something that actually matters.

NM