PDA

View Full Version : B1G just spanked the SEC

calidawg
08-18-2022, 11:03 AM
with their new TV Deal.

meanwhile we are tied at the hip with a depreciating asset (ESPN) that is a bad culture fit. ESPN is also woefully behind Fox and CBS in football production quality. B1G is getting FOX, CBS, and NBC premier slots. Huge win for them. Not a great day for SEC.

viverlibre
08-18-2022, 11:18 AM
welcome to two weeks ago. The SEC gets ESPN, ABC and likely some streaming services. ESPN does college football best, by far (other than Beth Mowins:().

RiverCityDawg
08-18-2022, 11:29 AM
I don't think the SEC has done their new deal yet, have they? The one that will include Texas and OU?

Santiago
08-18-2022, 11:36 AM
welcome to two weeks ago. The SEC gets ESPN, ABC and likely some streaming services. ESPN does college football best, by far (other than Beth Mowins:().

ESPN is behind Fox on Camera's and their quality of TV production for games. Fox uses similar setups from NFL games, with cameras 360, and just a better overall product than ESPN. It is not even close. Their broadcasters are more polished(similar to NFL) and less of guys talking about themselves throughout the game as ESPN has.

I would trade for our games on Fox 11:30 or night time slot all day long

Charlie_Sheen420
08-18-2022, 12:08 PM
ESPN is behind Fox on Camera's and their quality of TV production for games. Fox uses similar setups from NFL games, with cameras 360, and just a better overall product than ESPN. It is not even close. Their broadcasters are more polished(similar to NFL) and less of guys talking about themselves throughout the game as ESPN has.

Gus Johnson is more polished??? Wtf are you smoking and where can I get some? Dude sounds like a hype man, not an announcer. The halftime break shows with lienart and the old Pitt coach sound lost as hell the majority of the time as well. I?d call it a wash between fox and ESPN honestly

calidawg
08-18-2022, 01:02 PM

Agree. The big noon production from studio to game is great

calidawg
08-18-2022, 01:03 PM

Disagree. ESPN does cfb the worst IMO

calidawg
08-18-2022, 01:10 PM
https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1560257844250828800?t=oM9ijubzpZWQnemot6enLA&s=19

parabrave
08-18-2022, 01:39 PM
Hell I wish we would go back to TBS/ At least we could watch the game and have the announcers talk about the game being played and not what BAMA or ND was doing. Oh yeah they always had great shots of the cheerleaders.

Maroonthirteen
08-18-2022, 04:22 PM
I hate the sec is losing cbs. It was nice to be able to watch the sec at the tailgate with the rabbit ears. Not to mention all the households that don't have espn.

CaptainObvious
08-18-2022, 04:29 PM
Jefferson Pilot SEC Game of the Week!! Those were the days when the NBC affiliate in Tupelo or Memphis, the CBS affiliate in Columbus or Jackson and the ABC affiliate in Greenville would get the feed because all the games were Regional telecast! Good times.

parabrave
08-18-2022, 04:36 PM
I hate the sec is losing cbs. It was nice to be able to watch the sec at the tailgate with the rabbit ears. Not to mention all the households that don't have espn.

If it wasn't for SEC on ESPN I would've ditched ESPN years ago/

Todd4State
08-18-2022, 04:57 PM
On the plus side no more Gary Danielson hopefully.

Goldendawg
08-18-2022, 06:19 PM
Hell I wish we would go back to TBS/ At least we could watch the game and have the announcers talk about the game being played and not what BAMA or ND was doing. Oh yeah they always had great shots of the cheerleaders.

Everything has been downhill since we were on Jefferson Pilot!****** Long as the SEC contract is the highest paid and we get our slice of the pie I am happy>

schddog72
08-18-2022, 06:27 PM

THIS!! She would probably do the least amount of damage as an ordinary housewife. In any event, that's what she needs to go back to. She's just horrible with a microphone in front of her.

Maroonthirteen
08-19-2022, 10:09 AM
So from reliable sources in college athletics, Bounds believes the SEC tv contract will be close to 900millon per year with Texas and Oklahoma. That would be about a $30+ million increase in revenue for each school over what it is earned now.

Apoplectic
08-19-2022, 09:46 PM
Brilliant move by SEC. The lesser product of the big10 has set the floor.