PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Top 100 CFB Players

TrapGame
08-17-2022, 09:12 AM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34374176/college-football-top-100-players-2022-anderson-jr-bryce-young-cj-stroud-more

Will Rogers #27

It's hard to find a more underrated quarterback than Rogers. Maybe it's because he plays at Mississippi State and is overshadowed by SEC powers Alabama and Georgia. Maybe it's because he plays in Mike Leach's unique Air Raid offense. But the numbers Rogers posted last season are undeniable, leading the conference in passing yards per game (364.5).

99jc
08-17-2022, 10:33 AM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34374176/college-football-top-100-players-2022-anderson-jr-bryce-young-cj-stroud-more

Will Rogers #27

I like it but that really surprises even me. I just don't see the overall NFL talent, but time will tell. And i realize his is a college ranking. kudos to him and hail state!

sleepy dawg
08-17-2022, 11:09 AM
I like it but that really surprises even me. I just don't see the overall NFL talent, but time will tell. And i realize his is a college ranking. kudos to him and hail state!

He should be ranked even higher b/c this is not an NFL talent ranking, it's a college ranking. His numbers are elite.

BrunswickDawg
08-17-2022, 11:27 AM
After 2 seasons, Will has the highest completion % of any QB in CFB history. Think about that. Yes, part of that is system, but you can not deny that type of accuracy and dependability. It is uncommon in the sport.

Matt3467
08-17-2022, 11:37 AM
After 2 seasons, Will has the highest completion % of any QB in CFB history. Think about that. Yes, part of that is system, but you can not deny that type of accuracy and dependability. It is uncommon in the sport.

And to think it's being done at Mississippi State. Wasn't too awful long ago we couldn't throw or catch to save our life or at least it felt like it. My heart would catch in my throat everytime we threw the ball.

Catfish
08-17-2022, 12:00 PM
Have to remember this is a college ranking. Kudos to Will. One of the best pocket passers hands down.

Todd4State
08-17-2022, 12:14 PM

He may not make it in the NFL but he's going to get a chance.

Age wise he was a redshirt freshman last year. He is way ahead of where he is expected to be.

In the NFL they value decision making and accuracy as much or more than being able to throw a football a mile or being "mobile".

confucius say
08-17-2022, 01:47 PM
He could challenge the all time passing yards in a career record and career completion percentage record.

NWADAWG
08-17-2022, 01:59 PM

Just think of the other QBs that have run this exact system for Leach and quite a few more that have run very similar systems with coaches off the Leach tree and they all are behind will in this category. And Will is in the SEC. Not trying to start a Will for Heisman chant or anything but this stat is impressive.

PikeDawg15
08-17-2022, 02:08 PM
I 100% believe that will rogers can make millions per year as the 2nd string QB for an NFL team.

He can be one of the 60 best quarterbacks

Catfish
08-17-2022, 02:14 PM
I 100% believe that will rogers can make millions per year as the 2nd string QB for an NFL team.

Yes!!!

TheLostDawg
08-17-2022, 03:30 PM

++, at the very least practice squad. I know teams would benefit him to go against their D and if needed mid season promotion. Would benefit having someone in their back pocket that wouldn't make a lot of mistakes (comparably)

SilentSteel16
08-17-2022, 05:07 PM
Will Rogers will make millions throwing a football in a NFL setting. Anyone who says he won’t is just a straight up hater.

viverlibre
08-17-2022, 06:10 PM
Will Rogers will make millions throwing a football in a NFL setting. Anyone who says he won’t is just a straight up hater.

Chase Daniels has made $41 million, NOT throwing the ball (well actually he has thrown almost 200 passes in 10 years).

Catfish
08-17-2022, 06:20 PM
Chase Daniels has made $41 million, NOT throwing the ball (well actually he has thrown almost 200 passes in 10 years).

A J McCarron might catch him.

SilentSteel16
08-18-2022, 08:04 AM

Sounds like a fantastic way to make a living !!!!! Wish I could have done that and made that kind of money all while playing a game.

Goldendawg
08-18-2022, 01:47 PM
Will deserves this ranking!