PDA

View Full Version : NCAA SoS

TheRef
11-24-2013, 01:42 PM
The NCAA just ranked MSU's Strength of Schedule as 9 in the country and 2 in the SEC. Thoughts?

scottycameron
11-24-2013, 01:51 PM
In football? Why would anybody care? I heard OM mouthing about hardest schedule in the country at one point. So what? Is there a new football tourney everybody is trying to get in this year?

TheRef
11-24-2013, 02:34 PM
In football? Why would anybody care? I heard OM mouthing about hardest schedule in the country at one point. So what? Is there a new football tourney everybody is trying to get in this year?

I'm just putting this out there. From next year on the SoS will be important in the new 4-team playoff since there will be a committee deciding who gets in. So SoS had no bearing on previous championships but you could easily argue that it will have bearing on the next ones. Just food for thought.

scottycameron
11-24-2013, 02:43 PM
who would #1 in SEC be? Has to be arkansas, doesn't it? Maybe not. They all seem the same pretty much this year. Who did arkansas have to play from the east? We played KY and USCe, one good, one terrible. OM played Mizzou and Vandy, both pretty good but Vandy not great. I have no idea who ark played. Usce and somebody else. Everybody played the same west schedule, right?

TheRef
11-24-2013, 03:11 PM
who would #1 in SEC be? Has to be arkansas, doesn't it? Maybe not. They all seem the same pretty much this year. Who did arkansas have to play from the east? We played KY and USCe, one good, one terrible. OM played Mizzou and Vandy, both pretty good but Vandy not great. I have no idea who ark played. Usce and somebody else. Everybody played the same west schedule, right?

You also have to see who was home and away. Arkansas had all of their tough games away. So it's not out of the question for Arky to have the toughest schedule in the SEC.

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-24-2013, 05:00 PM

I think Tennessee was number 1 earlier in the year because of the SEC schedule + Oregon.