PDA

View Full Version : Brennan and nil

TheLostDawg
08-16-2022, 02:13 PM
Brennan has an NIL valuation of $327,000, which ranks 112th among all college football players.

Gets to keep it.

Crazy that much doesn't break the top 100

https://www.on3.com/college/lsu-tigers/news/darren-rovell-details-how-myles-brennan-retirement-will-affect-his-nil-deals-lsu-tigers/

parabrave
08-16-2022, 02:26 PM
I'll never understand the love for him. Yes he was a Great HS player, same school as Dylan Farve, but heck no one wanted him. Remember he went up to OM and they said no. LSU signed him probably because of his last name and he sat on the bench or got hurt. Now the media a making it a big deal that he is "walking away" from football when he was going to be a 3rd stringer. Thank god for famous last names.

basedog
08-16-2022, 02:30 PM
That is just plain...........whatever!

Tripp McNeely
08-16-2022, 03:04 PM
Brennan has an NIL valuation of $327,000, which ranks 112th among all college football players.

Gets to keep it.

https://www.on3.com/college/lsu-tigers/news/darren-rovell-details-how-myles-brennan-retirement-will-affect-his-nil-deals-lsu-tigers/

$327k is not what he actually received. On3 estimates a players value using some kinda metrics, and they come up with a number. Who knows how much he actually received, but it wasn't $327k

Homedawg
08-16-2022, 03:10 PM

Gets to keep it.

Um that depends on how the contract was worded. And this might be correct in his case. But it's not in all cases. If you leave you lose out on your money if done right.

AlSwearengen
08-16-2022, 03:10 PM
I'll never understand the love for him. Yes he was a Great HS player, same school as Dylan Farve, but heck no one wanted him. Remember he went up to OM and they said no. LSU signed him probably because of his last name and he sat on the bench or got hurt. Now the media a making it a big deal that he is "walking away" from football when he was going to be a 3rd stringer. Thank god for famous last names.

I seem to remember him being committed to olemiss until lsu offered and then he jumped to them.

Homedawg
08-16-2022, 03:14 PM
I'm pretty confident in saying if they did that to an initiative, for example....... no dice.

Todd4State
08-16-2022, 04:32 PM
Um that depends on how the contract was worded. And this might be correct in his case. But it's not in all cases. If you leave you lose out on your money if done right.

This is a bit of a unique situation for LSU because of his family. And because of that I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is keeping the money. They want to keep his family happy if at all possible.

Maroonthirteen
08-16-2022, 05:13 PM
This is the point of the story...

“Myles Brennan signed NIL deals with Raising Canes, Smoothie King, GameCoin, Smalls Sliders and Hollingsford Richards Ford,” Rovell wrote. “He didn’t play a single game since signing, but because NIL deals can’t be based on performance, he keeps all the money.”

How many times does this happen before cigar boys get gun shy?

AROB44
08-16-2022, 05:50 PM
This is the point of the story...

?Myles Brennan signed NIL deals with Raising Canes, Smoothie King, GameCoin, Smalls Sliders and Hollingsford Richards Ford,? Rovell wrote. ?He didn?t play a single game since signing, but because NIL deals can?t be based on performance, he keeps all the money.?

How many times does this happen before cigar boys get gun shy?

Once....

msstate7
08-16-2022, 06:11 PM
Now go work for your dad, kid.

Lord McBuckethead
08-16-2022, 06:33 PM
Hopefully they give tons of money to kids that never get a meaningful snap. Less money for possible contributors.

Lord McBuckethead
08-16-2022, 07:16 PM
Will happen many times.

parabrave
08-16-2022, 09:17 PM
Now go work for your dad, kid.

Other family members/ I believe he lives in long Beach .

msstate7
08-16-2022, 10:00 PM
Other family members/ I believe he lives in long Beach .

Oh ok, I thought his dad was the restaurant guru in Nola

parabrave
08-16-2022, 11:54 PM
Oh ok, I thought his dad was the restaurant guru in Nola

Naw thats Dickie.