PDA

View Full Version : ?NFL scouts told me this is the sneakiest, most loaded roster in America? - Josh Pate

Jarius
08-13-2022, 08:18 AM
Regarding Mississippi State

https://youtu.be/3bPUV3aRA1Y

TrapGame
08-13-2022, 08:21 AM
Beat me posting this by two minutes. Good job Jarius.

We are being overlooked. A lot of the YouTube sports guys have us in the "No one is talking about them, but should be." category. It's strange but the non SEC guys have a lot more respect for our program.

Coach34
08-13-2022, 08:57 AM
I’ve been saying this is his shot at 10 wins for months. Time for some of you to listen

TrapGame
08-13-2022, 09:29 AM
I’ve been saying this is his shot at 10 wins for months. Time for some of you to listen

You're preaching to the choir with me. This is Leach's most talented and experienced team since Texas Tech 2008.

1bigdawg
08-13-2022, 09:34 AM

Our Defense is more experienced and better at almost every position. You could argue that CB is down, but we are still good there and have good depth for once.

Our skill position players on offense are more experienced and should be better. Our O-line should be good enough.

Our special teams can't be worse.

We won 7 and could have won 9 last year with better field goal kicking.

This is the best defense Leach has ever had.

We should win 10. I worry about weather as Leach's teams seem to do worse in rain, etc.

My over/under is 9.5. Excited.

PGHBulldogBG
08-13-2022, 10:13 AM
I think if our schedule was a bit more friendly with say a Vandy and a Tennessee from the East instead of Georgia and Kentucky that 10 wins wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility. It is just going to be hard beating 3 of @lsu, @uk, @bama, UGA and aTm while making sure we beat Auburn, Arkansas and @Ole Miss without messing up a non conference game @Arizona

99jc
08-13-2022, 10:21 AM
I took a stand months ago we win 10 games or more. there is not A single team on the schedule we can't beat including BAMA. Most of our fans are straight out pusses. HAILSTATE!

ShotgunDawg
08-13-2022, 10:41 AM
It's strange but the non SEC guys have a lot more respect for our program.

This is fairly typical for all of our sports.

SEC people have trouble getting perceptions from 40 years ago out of their minds while fans outside of the Southeast look up to the SEC

ShotgunDawg
08-13-2022, 10:42 AM
Our Defense is more experienced and better at almost every position. You could argue that CB is down, but we are still good there and have good depth for once.

Our skill position players on offense are more experienced and should be better. Our O-line should be good enough.

Our special teams can't be worse.

We won 7 and could have won 9 last year with better field goal kicking.

This is the best defense Leach has ever had.

We should win 10. I worry about weather as Leach's teams seem to do worse in rain, etc.

My over/under is 9.5. Excited.

Our schedule is absurd though. Completely ridiculous to look at the difference between our schedule & Ole Miss'

Schultzy
08-13-2022, 10:46 AM
McBath says he has 4 really good corners.

Catfish
08-13-2022, 10:48 AM
Out schedule is absurd though. Completely ridiculous to look at the difference between our schedule & Ole Miss'

Why is that? When is this scheduling supposed to even out? We're getting hit hard this year. Brutal schedule.

Jarius
08-13-2022, 10:53 AM
Why is that? When is this scheduling supposed to even out? We're getting hit hard this year. Brutal schedule.

Them getting to play Vandy every year is a load of horse shit. Thankfully the scheduling model changes when Texas and OU come to the conference in a couple of years.

Catfish
08-13-2022, 10:57 AM
Them getting to play Vandy every year is a load of horse shit. Thankfully the scheduling model changed when Texas and OU come to the conference in a couple of years.

Man, I hope so.

ZedFedder
08-13-2022, 10:59 AM
I think we get 8 wins.

Catfish
08-13-2022, 11:00 AM
I think we get 8 wins.

Me too. 8 or 9.

WhiskeyPirate
08-13-2022, 11:29 AM
We will be very dangerous/tough to play, I believe that.

The defense is a potential monster, I don’t think anybody has more talent at DL than we do.

ShotgunDawg
08-13-2022, 11:44 AM

OM gets Vandy every year & we've had UGA 5 of the past 12 years which is out of whack

viverlibre
08-13-2022, 11:52 AM

I hope so, I'm in 6-6 floor, 8-4 ceiling camp and think we'll go 7-5, hope I'm wrong biggly.

Tater
08-13-2022, 12:21 PM
I hope so, I'm in 6-6 floor, 8-4 ceiling camp and think we'll go 7-5, hope I'm wrong biggly.

11 wins is the ceiling because everyone besides bama is beatable on our schedule. (It will take multiple key injuries for bama to lose this year imo). Georgia lost a lot, will lose a couple early and not care by the time we play them.

I think we go 10-2 with losses to Bama and Arizona personally. (Arizona is nothing more than a Leach hunch. Man drops a game he shouldn't almost every year. PAC 12 After Dark gets screwy. It's a bad recipe. But the flip side of that is he steals one he shouldn't every year too.)

Catfish
08-13-2022, 01:08 PM
11 wins is the ceiling because everyone besides bama is beatable on our schedule. (It will take multiple key injuries for bama to lose this year imo). Georgia lost a lot, will lose a couple early and not care by the time we play them.

I think we go 10-2 with losses to Bama and Arizona personally. (Arizona is nothing more than a Leach hunch. Man drops a game he shouldn't almost every year. PAC 12 After Dark gets screwy. It's a bad recipe. But the flip side of that is he steals one he shouldn't every year too.)

I agree with you on Arizona.

BhamDawg
08-13-2022, 01:38 PM
I agree with you on Arizona.

Y?all have lost your mind. Arizona is one of the worst teams in the country (not just Power 5). If we lose to them, we have some real issues.

MaroonFlounder
08-13-2022, 02:01 PM
Still not sold with Dolla @Left Tackle and an immobile QB.

I know he has worked on his technique. Spare me the lecture. SEC def ends have a way of crushing your confidence. I hope it works out.

The rest of the team looks really promising. But an unproven LT means trouble.

Catfish
08-13-2022, 02:03 PM
Y?all have lost your mind. Arizona is one of the worst teams in the country (not just Power 5). If we lose to them, we have some real issues.

Strange things can happen in the desert. Heck, there's witches flying around on brooms in both end zones. Just saying we better be ready.

viverlibre
08-13-2022, 02:05 PM

UGA is loaded again and has an open date the week before us, they gonna roll. They will be in the SEC championship game again, in spite of Kirby and Stetson.

99jc
08-13-2022, 02:19 PM
UGA is loaded again and has an open date the week before us, they gonna roll. They will be in the SEC championship game again, in spite of Kirby and Stetson.

NO they don't they play Tenn on nov 5th us on nov 12

ZedFedder
08-13-2022, 03:01 PM
Arizona also recruited well last year. I’m not saying freshmen will make all the difference, but they brought in some talent.

Tater
08-13-2022, 04:12 PM

UCLA in 2019 was coming off of a 3-9 season looking terrible. They went 0-3 to start the year.

Washington State was coming off of an 11-2 year with a 3-0 start and ranked. Looking great.

They met week 4 in the PAC 12 After Dark Showdown. Anthony Gordon threw 7 touchdowns in the first fourty minutes of the game for Wazzu. They were up 49-17. He threw two more touchdown passes for a total of 9. UCLA won the game in regulation. 67-63.

As we saw last year with Leach. He set and then re-set our school's largest come from behind margin to win. No lead was safe against Leach. The flip side of that is that no lead is safe WITH Leach. Arizona is down right terrible. But wacky things happen when the clock strikes midnight on the east coast and football is still being played out west.

Take absolutely 0 data from that game to extrapolate how our season will go. It is a true wild card of an event.

Tater
08-13-2022, 04:13 PM

UGA has a culture that is championship or bust. Need I remind you that we only lost by 7 in 2020 with a rag tag group. UGA will get upset once and then lose another they shouldn't before our game. They will have two losses and not care. We'll win.

Cowbell
08-13-2022, 04:23 PM
Georgia lost 15 players to the draft. If you are scared of them, you are basing your thoughts on emotion and not reality.

Jarius
08-13-2022, 04:37 PM
UCLA in 2019 was coming off of a 3-9 season looking terrible. They went 0-3 to start the year.

Washington State was coming off of an 11-2 year with a 3-0 start and ranked. Looking great.

They met week 4 in the PAC 12 After Dark Showdown. Anthony Gordon threw 7 touchdowns in the first fourty minutes of the game for Wazzu. They were up 49-17. He threw two more touchdown passes for a total of 9. UCLA won the game in regulation. 67-63.

As we saw last year with Leach. He set and then re-set our school's largest come from behind margin to win. No lead was safe against Leach. The flip side of that is that no lead is safe WITH Leach. Arizona is down right terrible. But wacky things happen when the clock strikes midnight on the east coast and football is still being played out west.

Take absolutely 0 data from that game to extrapolate how our season will go. It is a true wild card of an event.

Our defense is much better than anything Leach had at Washington State. We aren’t losing to Arizona. They are awful.

maroonmania
08-13-2022, 04:50 PM
I took a stand months ago we win 10 games or more. there is not A single team on the schedule we can't beat including BAMA. Most of our fans are straight out pusses. HAILSTATE!

I believe we CAN beat any team on our schedule except Bama. I will not change my mind on that until I see a Leach coached MSU team stop looking like a JV team when they play Bama. The 41-0 and 49-9 drubbings the first two years of the Leach tenure have been extremely painful. i guess if our strategy the first 2 seasons was to get Bama to overlook us this year then mission accomplished.

TrapGame
08-13-2022, 06:29 PM
Arizona is bad, really bad. We have way more talent. We could play our C game and win by two touchdowns. We aren't playing them straight off the plane.

Tater
08-13-2022, 07:21 PM
Our defense is much better than anything Leach had at Washington State. We aren’t losing to Arizona. They are awful.

This goes both to you and Trapgame.

You're trying to argue this with logic and reason (which are both factually correct things that I wholeheartedly agree with.)

My point is that this game will abide by no laws of logic OR reason and will just exist in another dimension known as simply "PAC 12 After Dark". In the first four weeks of the season last year the underdogs went 16-2 against the spread and 10-8 straight up. It's actually a sneaky good gambling strategy to bet 1 unit on the spread underdog and .5 unit on the moneyline for the underdog in these games. That's because it's predictably unpredictable.

Don't apply logic or reason. No amount of scouting will save you from the PAC 12 After Dark Zone. https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/uox8yx/what_is_your_favorite_pac_12_after_dark_story/

Jarius
08-13-2022, 07:24 PM

You're trying to argue this with logic and reason (which are both factually correct things that I wholeheartedly agree with.)

My point is that this game will abide by no laws of logic OR reason and will just exist in another dimension known as simply "PAC 12 After Dark". In the first four weeks of the season last year the underdogs went 16-2 against the spread and 10-8 straight up. It's actually a sneaky good gambling strategy to bet 1 unit on the spread underdog and .5 unit on the moneyline for the underdog in these games. That's because it's predictably unpredictable.

Don't apply logic or reason. No amount of scouting will save you from the PAC 12 After Dark Zone. https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/uox8yx/what_is_your_favorite_pac_12_after_dark_story/

No one else has had a problem playing Arizona out there for the past 2 years. Going east to west doesn’t give you jet lag. The other way does. We should beat them very handily just like everyone else has for the past 2 years. Also, defense travels. Our defense is really really good.

TrapGame
08-13-2022, 07:31 PM

https://youtu.be/ORbseYAkzRM

Catfish
08-13-2022, 07:51 PM
https://youtu.be/ORbseYAkzRM

Ha Ha, good one! We should beat Arizona easy but there's always "The Twilight Zone."

StarkVegasSteve
08-13-2022, 11:29 PM
I have said 10-2 for months but I am getting to the point where I will say 11-1. Kirby is just too stubborn and will play man just like he did 2 years ago. Except JT Daniels and Jermaine Burton will not be there to bail him out this time.

StarkVegasSteve
08-13-2022, 11:32 PM

I think some people see Arizona and think it is the Khalil Tate/Willie Tuitama Zona days. This team is one of the worst P5 teams of the last 5 years. I think Jed Fisch will turn it around but they are going to have to give him a minimum of 3 years.

Schultzy
08-14-2022, 07:39 AM
I have said 10-2 for months but I am getting to the point where I will say 11-1. Kirby is just too stubborn and will play man just like he did 2 years ago. Except JT Daniels and Jermaine Burton will not be there to bail him out this time.

Don’t forget, your piece of mind as a fan is inversely proportionate to your expectations.

DEDawg
08-14-2022, 10:17 AM

Yup. All comes down to LT imo. If we can shore that up and be average on ST, 10 is possible

DEDawg
08-14-2022, 10:20 AM

Yeah I don?t see any scenario we get to 9, much less 10 wins if we lose to Arizona

Quaoarsking
08-15-2022, 07:57 AM
The idea that "Leach always loses a game he shouldn't" is a message board meme, not something that's literally true.

Cowbell
08-15-2022, 07:58 AM
The idea that "Leach always loses a game he shouldn't" is a message board meme, not something that's literally true.

Memphis says Hi

WhiskeyPirate
08-15-2022, 08:23 AM
Memphis says Hi

Officials allowing a player to run off with a ball that’s already been blown dead says Hi

Quaoarsking
08-15-2022, 08:32 AM
Memphis says Hi
???

I didn't say that it hasn't ever happened, just that it doesn't happen every year

TrapGame
08-15-2022, 08:34 AM

Just like "Leach doesn't play defense." Yeah, he does. He's fired DCs for doing shitty coaching. He's had good defenses at Tech and WSU.

Liverpooldawg
08-15-2022, 08:50 AM
The schedule and new offensive tackles say 6-6. Hope I'm wrong.

TrapGame
08-15-2022, 08:53 AM

We don't another Charles Cross level performance. We need an average LT and we'll win 8. The defense may actually help us get to 9.

Coach34
08-15-2022, 11:57 AM

Leach wont have a better team than this one for awhile. 6-6 and 2-6 in the SEC would be ridiculously bad. Good teams are supposed to win at home. Auburn, UPig, A&M should be games we win. Georgia at home means we should be ready to pull an upset like we did in 2010. LSU has some talent but they arent loaded by any means. We may be more talented than them overall. Everybody tells me we should be Kentucky. Mississippi is rebuilding for the 2nd year in a row with a new QB.

8 should be floor. 11 the ceiling

confucius say
08-15-2022, 01:03 PM
Leach wont have a better team than this one for awhile. 6-6 and 2-6 in the SEC would be ridiculously bad. Good teams are supposed to win at home. Auburn, UPig, A&M should be games we win. Georgia at home means we should be ready to pull an upset like we did in 2010. LSU has some talent but they arent loaded by any means. We may be more talented than them overall. Everybody tells me we should be Kentucky. Mississippi is rebuilding for the 2nd year in a row with a new QB.

Framing 8 as the floor is not realistic. There is a reason Vegas says we are a 6.5 win team.

Aggie is one of the five most talented teams in America if you believe in recruiting rankings. More talented than last year and have their qb this year.

UGA had a losing record in 2010. This ain't the same UGA.

KY has become a hard place to play.

4 is the floor. 11 is the ceiling. I say 7-5/8-4.

4 non con. Sizable Favorite.
Uga and Bama. Sizable underdog.
6 toss ups (Aub, KY, LSU, Aggie, Ark, UM).

HancockCountyDog
08-15-2022, 01:16 PM
Yeah I don?t see any scenario we get to 9, much less 10 wins if we lose to Arizona

Lose to Arizona?

We will be 17 point favorites and will cover easily.

I still can't get past the fact that in some mythical vegas book, we opened as a -8 favorite against Memphis. That is nuts. Of course it is up to -16 today, which still seems very low.

We are going to have to get comfortable with the idea that we have a good team, with a few holes. Good teams with just a few holes, usually win 8+ games. I expect us to as well.

Coach34
08-15-2022, 01:19 PM
Framing 8 as the floor is not realistic. There is a reason Vegas says we are a 6.5 win team.

Aggie is one of the five most talented teams in America if you believe in recruiting rankings. More talented than last year and have their qb this year.

Vegas said we were a 7 win team in 2014. They miss fairly often as well.
Georgia will be favored by the less than 7 at our place.

Having your toss-up games at home usually gives you the advantage. It's our year to win alot of the toss-ups. We lose alot of good players on D after this season. Not to mention 3 OL starters. We have to make this year count.

WhiskeyPirate
08-15-2022, 01:28 PM
Recruiting is not dropping off despite NIL, I don’t see how this is Leachs best team he is over going to have. I think when you have red shirt seniors-that he recruited, especially on the O line, then you can make more informed judgements.

The QBs are going to be better and better as are the receivers. I like the young guys he’s signing on defense as well as the o line.

Cowbell
08-15-2022, 01:29 PM
Officials allowing a player to run off with a ball that?s already been blown dead says Hi

I agree we should have won, but it should have never been left to the refs to decide.

Coach34
08-15-2022, 01:44 PM
Recruiting is not dropping off despite NIL, I don’t see how this is Leachs best team he is over going to have. I think when you have red shirt seniors-that he recruited, especially on the O line, then you can make more informed judgements.

The QBs are going to be better and better as are the receivers. I like the young guys he’s signing on defense as well as the o line.

We have alot of guys in their 5th and even 6th years of college football. All of that will start working it's way out as we get past the C19 debacle of history. We are a developmental program and when we lose a bunch of veterans we always take a step backward for a couple of years. I dont think we have recruited the DL near well enough to overcome the losses after this Fall. losing 3 OL guys and both OT's again for the 2nd year in a row will takes it toll. We are already worried about the position for this season and we lose both of them after the season.

So we take a step back for a couple of seasons and then we have a 64 year old Leach coaching us in 2025.

basedog
08-15-2022, 02:11 PM
"Most loaded talent in America"

SELL

confucius say
08-15-2022, 02:44 PM
Vegas said we were a 7 win team in 2014. They miss fairly often as well.
Georgia will be favored by the less than 7 at our place.

Having your toss-up games at home usually gives you the advantage. It's our year to win alot of the toss-ups. We lose alot of good players on D after this season. Not to mention 3 OL starters. We have to make this year count.

I agree with alot of that.
But 3 of the 6 toss ups are away.

Drawing uga sucks. Any other East team at home and we win.

Only 1 team in America plays 6 of the top 21 teams in America. We are the 1 (Aggie, ark, Bama, uga, ky, UM).

confucius say
08-15-2022, 02:56 PM
We have alot of guys in their 5th and even 6th years of college football. All of that will start working it's way out as we get past the C19 debacle of history. We are a developmental program and when we lose a bunch of veterans we always take a step backward for a couple of years. I dont think we have recruited the DL near well enough to overcome the losses after this Fall. losing 3 OL guys and both OT's again for the 2nd year in a row will takes it toll. We are already worried about the position for this season and we lose both of them after the season.

So we take a step back for a couple of seasons and then we have a 64 year old Leach coaching us in 2025.

Dolla bill and Kam jones are juniors on the field. I guess they could leave early though.

Coach34
08-15-2022, 03:03 PM
Dolla bill and Kam jones are juniors on the field. I guess they could leave early though.

They are both in Year 5 at State. Some guys will stay for a 6th year like Austin Williams but plenty wont.

Johnson85
08-15-2022, 03:24 PM
They are both in Year 5 at State. Some guys will stay for a 6th year like Austin Williams but plenty wont.

We will have three OL in Dolla Bill, Kam Jones, and Cole Smith that could come back for a sixth year in 2023. It'd probably be counterproductive to have all three come back because that would probably just ensure younger guys transfer out, but if we don't have more than one underclassman that looks ready for OT, then that might be a good place to spend NIL money.

Also, it's amazing to me how uninformative our roster is on hailstate now with respect to eligibility. I think it was better before? Now you have no way of telling what eligibility someone is without clicking through to their bio. Then even if you do click through to the bio, there are things like claiming Caleb Ducking redshirted with us in 2020. That's probably irrelevant unless Ducking gets hurt and wants to Redshirt and comeback for a 6th year, but surely we didn't redshirt him in a year that eligibility didn't count.

confucius say
08-15-2022, 03:33 PM
We will have three OL in Dolla Bill, Kam Jones, and Cole Smith that could come back for a sixth year in 2023. It'd probably be counterproductive to have all three come back because that would probably just ensure younger guys transfer out, but if we don't have more than one underclassman that looks ready for OT, then that might be a good place to spend NIL money.

Also, it's amazing to me how uninformative our roster is on hailstate now with respect to eligibility. I think it was better before? Now you have no way of telling what eligibility someone is without clicking through to their bio. Then even if you do click through to the bio, there are things like claiming Caleb Ducking redshirted with us in 2020. That's probably irrelevant unless Ducking gets hurt and wants to Redshirt and comeback for a 6th year, but surely we didn't redshirt him in a year that eligibility didn't count.

Yes! That needs to be fixed. How hard is it to have Sr/Covid jr

viverlibre
08-15-2022, 04:41 PM

Great input here.

My prediction has always been 7-5. 8-4 with this schedule will be a great job by the Pirate.

Will will set records, but he has to improve on his "big play" ability (to include not giving up sacks in crucial situations), if he does improve in that area, then we will be able to get 8 and possibly 9 wins.

1bigdawg
08-15-2022, 05:50 PM
I agree we will take a step back next year: too young in too many places. My over/under it 9. I will be disappointed with 7 wins and very, very happy with 11 (regular season). Coach is right about that much.

I believe our recruiting is going well enough EXCEPT for DL. If Pick goes pro we are going to have problems next year with depth. We recruited well enough last year ot be competitive, but need to do much better than this year appears to be going.

DEDawg
08-15-2022, 06:01 PM
Lose to Arizona?

We will be 17 point favorites and will cover easily.

I still can't get past the fact that in some mythical vegas book, we opened as a -8 favorite against Memphis. That is nuts. Of course it is up to -16 today, which still seems very low.

We are going to have to get comfortable with the idea that we have a good team, with a few holes. Good teams with just a few holes, usually win 8+ games. I expect us to as well.

I was replying to a different comment

WhiskeyPirate
08-15-2022, 06:04 PM
The DL recruiting for 2022 with Williams, Clayton, Dinkins and Russell looks really good. Yea they need time to develop but that’s a very good class. There’s always the portal to help fill in gaps like Charlton.

WhiskeyPirate
08-15-2022, 06:11 PM
I agree with alot of that.
But 3 of the 6 toss ups are away.

Drawing uga sucks. Any other East team at home and we win.

Only 1 team in America plays 6 of the top 21 teams in America. We are the 1 (Aggie, ark, Bama, uga, ky, UM).

Agree completely. My preseason mag I?m looking at right now has Bama 1, Ga 3, tamu 4, Arkansas 16, Tennessee 23, Kentucky 24 , ole miss 26, Florida 34, Texas 38

......and Miss State coming in at #42

Yet we have calls on here to win 11 and anything less than 8-4 is a total failure.

I am as optimistic and fired up as anyone but something is not adding up here.

99jc
08-15-2022, 07:14 PM
Agree completely. My preseason mag I?m looking at right now has Bama 1, Ga 3, tamu 4, Arkansas 16, Tennessee 23, Kentucky 24 , ole miss 26, Florida 34, Texas 38

Yet we have calls on here to win 11 and anything less than 8-4 is a total failure.

go back to math class!

WhiskeyPirate
08-15-2022, 07:21 PM
go back to math class!

Is me going to math class going to make us ranked higher than Bama, Ga, tamu, UK, LSU , Ark, Ole Miss ?

Tater
08-15-2022, 07:44 PM
Games that Leach by some mythical power that be, got a loss awarded against a terrible team.

2021 - Memphis
2020 - 3-7 Arkansas
2019 - The UCLA game I mentioned prior
2018 - 5-7 USC when Wazzu went 11-2
2017 - 37-3 loss to Cal who went 2-7 in conference
2016 - Eastern Washington
2015 - Portland State
2014 - Nevada
2013 - The last year I would say that he didn't have a "WTF?" Loss
2012 - Loss to 1-11 Colorado
2009 - Worst loss is 6-7 A&M or 10-4 Houston. That team shouldn't have dropped either of those games but I'll give you its a stretch to call it "WTF?"
2008 - His best overall year. Bowl loss to Ole Miss was shameful.
2007 - Loss to 6-7 Colorado as a 9-4 team. More shameful given the prior year they lost to 2-10 Colorado 30-6.
2006 - Blowout Loss to 2-10 Colorado
2005 - Loss late to 4-7 Oklahoma State
2004 - Loss to New Mexico

I think this should make my point. 2008 and 2013 are the only two in that bunch that Leach didn't drop a game to either a G5/FCS or a team with a losing record.

It's just a rule of thumb and it does have merit whether we want it to or not.

Tater
08-15-2022, 08:02 PM
The flip side of this is his wins / close loss against long odds

2021 - Kentucky, NC State, A&M take your pick
2020 - LSU, Georgia
2019 - 6-7 Wazzu lost by 2 @ #2 at time Oregon who went 11-2
2018 - 11-2 year so hard to say he won a game he shouldn't. So take your pick from ranked wins.
2017 - 11-3 #5 at time USC
2016 - 10-3 #15 at time Stanford (after dropping a freaking FCS game)
2015 - #18 at time UCLA or Oregon who ended up ranked at end of year (again after dropping an FCS game)
2014 - Wazzu went 3-9 with a win over 9-4 Utah
2013 - 6-7 with a win over ranked USC
2012 - 3-9 with win over 7-6 Washington
2009 - Blowout win over #15 10-4 Nebraska
2008 - Best year. Win over #1 Texsa was huge.
2007 - Win over #3 Oklahoma
2006 - Not much of a signature win but did play #5 Texsa close and lost by 4
2005 - They were just second best team in B12. If they don't lose the Okie Lite game, then they are looking at 10-1 and a BCS Bowl.
2004 - Win over #4 California

Coach34
08-15-2022, 08:30 PM

Preseason mags are wrong all the time. Look back to last year and see if they had Florida being as bad as they were and Orgeron getting fired. Where did they rank Auburn coming into the season last year?

https://sullyscollegefootballpage.com/wordpress/lindys-sports-preseason-top-25-for-the-2021/#:~:text=Lindy%E2%80%99s%20Sports%20Preseason%20To p%2025%20for%20the%202021,starter%20from%20the%20O-Line%20returns%20More%20items...%20

Lindy's had:

Fla #12 in preseason
A&M #6
LSU #16
Auburn #25
North Carolina at #9

How did those turn out last year?

PikeDawg15
08-15-2022, 08:35 PM

I just think Arizona is too bad of a team.... knocks on wood*********

PikeDawg15
08-15-2022, 08:43 PM

the most confident I am about a SEC road game this year is LSU.

People call me crazy but I just think we will be better than them in week 3 , I do wish it was an 11am kick or 2:30pm kick

@Kentucky terrifies me

Homedawg
08-15-2022, 08:55 PM

It's called Maroon glasses.

WhiskeyPirate
08-15-2022, 08:57 PM
Preseason mags are wrong all the time. Look back to last year and see if they had Florida being as bad as they were and Orgeron getting fired. Where did they rank Auburn coming into the season last year?

https://sullyscollegefootballpage.com/wordpress/lindys-sports-preseason-top-25-for-the-2021/#:~:text=Lindy%E2%80%99s%20Sports%20Preseason%20To p%2025%20for%20the%202021,starter%20from%20the%20O-Line%20returns%20More%20items...%20

Lindy's had:

Fla #12 in preseason
A&M #6
LSU #16
Auburn #25
North Carolina at #9

How did those turn out last year?

Agree, and we should be ranked much higher. The reality is Arkansas, UK especially but also LSU and Ole Miss are pretty even with us and ranked by the whole country ahead of us. Can we beat all of them ? Definitely but going 3-1 against those four , winning the OOC games and getting beat by Alabama, Georgia and tamu... all top five teams.....should put us in the top 15 in the country. 8-4 would be a hell of a good year assuming a bowl win.

TrapGame
08-15-2022, 09:20 PM
the most confident I am about a SEC road game this year is LSU.

People call me crazy but I just think we will be better than them in week 3 , I do wish it was an 11am kick or 2:30pm kick

@Kentucky terrifies me

Last season Tennessee walked onto Kroger Field with a good offense and bad defense and beat them. Stoops will still run the ball first. His new OC is a mediocre replacement to Coen. I'm not scared of Kentucky. It will be a good game.

Jarius
08-16-2022, 08:36 AM
We are going to beat the dog shit out of Kentucky just like we did last year. they are the most overrated team in America and their place is not hard to win at. We just happened to show up in 20 with a brand new coach trying to install an air raid with no offseason, showed up in 18 with Joe 17'ing Moorhead, and in 16 with Peter Sirmon. When we don't suck we beat them to death on a yearly basis. they have beaten 1 MSU team that finished with a winning record THIS CENTURY. They aren't beating us this year.

Duckdog
08-16-2022, 09:50 AM
y'all got me feeling wooly

1bigdawg
08-16-2022, 10:00 AM
The DL recruiting for 2022 with Williams, Clayton, Dinkins and Russell looks really good. Yea they need time to develop but that’s a very good class. There’s always the portal to help fill in gaps like Charlton.

I agree that last year was a really good class. However, the year before was a whiff. Next year's DL could be really thin and young as a result. We really need a solid HS class AND a couple of top-notch JUCO/Portal guys.

FISHDAWG
08-16-2022, 10:25 AM
We are going to beat the dog shit out of Kentucky just like we did last year. they are the most overrated team in America and their place is not hard to win at. We just happened to show up in 20 with a brand new coach trying to install an air raid with no offseason, showed up in 18 with Joe 17'ing Moorhead, and in 16 with Peter Sirmon. When we don't suck we beat them to death on a yearly basis. they have beaten 1 MSU team that finished with a winning record THIS CENTURY. They aren't beating us this year.

I like your points ... in 2014 when we were #1 playing at their house it took a shoe string touch down saving tackle by Kenrick Market very late in the game to hang on for a win ... and lately the home team seems to win... I'm kinda like you in thinking we still take them this year even at their house but I wouldn't chalk it up as a guarantee by any means

memsu06
08-16-2022, 10:35 AM
We are going to be the wrecking ball of hopes and dreams for several teams in the SEC this year. No one is giving us a shot which is a position we're used to. Last year we were supposed to be a 6-6 team, and were a few field goals and bonehead plays away from 9 wins.

We have legit dual purpose RBs X3. We have an improved defense this year and got the players from the portal we needed. Year 3 with our offense and Will will be better. Only concern is the OL and if Dollar Bill did indeed get one on one coaching in the offseason then he should be much improved. We don't need to replace Cross, we just need to have good OL play overall. I don't expect we have the same issues with special teams this year either.

LSU will still be figuring things out.
Kentucky is overrated and our defense is built to stop the run.
GA loses tons of players to the draft, but we get them late in the year.
ARK we nearly beat last year and it's a home game.
TAMU is a home game and we'll see what they bring.

Bottom line is we're going to be better than advertised.

Johnson85
08-16-2022, 10:37 AM
I like your points ... in 2014 when we were #1 playing at their house it took a shoe string touch down saving tackle by Kenrick Market very late in the game to hang on for a win ... and lately the home team seems to win... I'm kinda like you in thinking we still take them this year even at their house but I wouldn't chalk it up as a guarantee by any means

Are you sure you're not thinking of Bowling Green in 2013? I remember Market making a game saving shoestring tackle to save the game then. Against UK, I remember our D playing shitty (maybe b/c of the 1a team/2a approach?) and us returning an onside kick to put the game away. Did Market make a tackle to stop them from tying it up after that?

ETA: I think that was also the beginning of the end for Josh Robinson being effective, both because he started dancing more, which killed us against Bama and Ole Miss, and also because he was pissy about not getting the chance to get from 198 to 200 yds.

HancockCountyDog
08-16-2022, 11:30 AM
We are going to be the wrecking ball of hopes and dreams for several teams in the SEC this year. No one is giving us a shot which is a position we're used to. Last year we were supposed to be a 6-6 team, and were a few field goals and bonehead plays away from 9 wins.

We have legit dual purpose RBs X3. We have an improved defense this year and got the players from the portal we needed. Year 3 with our offense and Will will be better. Only concern is the OL and if Dollar Bill did indeed get one on one coaching in the offseason then he should be much improved. We don't need to replace Cross, we just need to have good OL play overall. I don't expect we have the same issues with special teams this year either.

LSU will still be figuring things out.
Kentucky is overrated and our defense is built to stop the run.
GA loses tons of players to the draft, but we get them late in the year.
ARK we nearly beat last year and it's a home game.
TAMU is a home game and we'll see what they bring.

Bottom line is we're going to be better than advertised.

Completely agree. Assuming the offense just makes one step forward, we will be extremely good. The defense will be there every week.

TrapGame
08-16-2022, 01:02 PM
Completely agree. Assuming the offense just makes one step forward, we will be extremely good. The defense will be there every week.

Listened to the latest Bone Yard and Steve said the offense probably had their best practice so far yesterday. They looked very good. He also said the defense has been putting pressure on both tackles. They have responded very well. The offensive coaches were really pleased.

WhiskeyPirate
08-16-2022, 01:27 PM
Listened to the latest Bone Yard and Steve said the offense probably had their best practice so far yesterday. They looked very good. He also said the defense has been putting pressure on both tackles. They have responded very well. The offensive coaches were really pleased.

O line is going to think most D lines are a breather compared to what they are seeing in practice every day. I’d take our d line over most in the country.

Homedawg
08-16-2022, 03:19 PM
O line is going to think most D lines are a breather compared to what they are seeing in practice every day. I’d take our d line over most in the country.

I think you are underestimating the rest of the league. A breather?? Our pass rush last year was terrible. And yes, I agree it should be better this year, but Jordan Davis isn't M Sweat. And Jeffery Simmons isn't in the middle. Top half of the league defense. That's about all I hope.

Dawgology
08-16-2022, 04:05 PM
8-4 would be a great year with this schedule. WIth a win in the bowl we get 9-4. I'm expecting nothing more and wouldn't be suprised at 7-5.

TrapGame
08-16-2022, 04:09 PM
8-4 would be a great year with this schedule. WIth a win in the bowl we get 9-4. I'm expecting nothing more and wouldn't be suprised at 7-5.

8-4 w/ a for real shot at 9-3. 7-5 will be underwhelming with this team.

Turfdawg67
08-16-2022, 05:10 PM
Gotta love that Bulldog enthusiasm! Death, taxes and August MSU football hope!! Hope y'all are right!!

WhiskeyPirate
08-16-2022, 05:28 PM
I think you are underestimating the rest of the league. A breather?? Our pass rush last year was terrible. And yes, I agree it should be better this year, but Jordan Davis isn't M Sweat. And Jeffery Simmons isn't in the middle. Top half of the league defense. That's about all I hope.

Outside Bama, Ga and Tamu I’ll take our d line talent and depth over anyone, notice I said “most”. Our defense as a whole is going to be very good and I’m sure the offense experiences that every practice.

I’ll go with the nfl scout who says we are loaded, I agree.

Quaoarsking
08-16-2022, 09:10 PM
ETA: I think that was also the beginning of the end for Josh Robinson being effective, both because he started dancing more, which killed us against Bama and Ole Miss, and also because he was pissy about not getting the chance to get from 198 to 200 yds.

Haven't heard that one, but it would be classic MSU to have a legitimate shot at a national title in football, but have it slip away over something like that...

FISHDAWG
08-17-2022, 07:43 AM
Are you sure you're not thinking of Bowling Green in 2013? I remember Market making a game saving shoestring tackle to save the game then. Against UK, I remember our D playing shitty (maybe b/c of the 1a team/2a approach?) and us returning an onside kick to put the game away. Did Market make a tackle to stop them from tying it up after that?.

I was almost positive it was Kentucky ... now you've made me curious and I'll go back and re-watch the end of the game. I'm certain it was SOMEWHERE in Kentucky anyway so Bowling Green might be right

Schultzy
08-17-2022, 08:22 PM
Can we play clean?

No fumbled handoff scoop and scores please. No missed 37 yd field goals in the 2nd quarter. No millisecond downing of punts to allow the ref to screw it up. No lazy fumbles deep in their territory on the first drive to suck the air out of the stadium like Malik Heath did last year. Just dont do stupid crap and we win a few more games.