PDA

View Full Version : The Sagarin Predictor say

Quaoarsking
11-24-2013, 01:14 PM
76.25 - Ole Miss
74.29 - Mississippi State
3.73 - Homefield Advantage
1.77 - Projected Margin of Victory for Mississippi State

Not that this is definitive or anything, but the best predictive computer poll out there says our seasons so far suggest that we are more likely to win than lose

scottycameron
11-24-2013, 01:28 PM
I like it but I don't get what their 76.25 and our 74.29 is supposed to be? I get the 3.73 - that's points for home field. But what are the 76 and 74????

PMDawg
11-24-2013, 02:22 PM
They are not that good. But they do play with a lot of emotion, this the upset of LSU. They will bring a ton of emotion Thursday too. The other thing that worries me is their WRs vs our DBs. Other than those two things, we are the better team.

TheDawgBiscuit
11-24-2013, 04:09 PM
They don't ever quit period. They play with a chip and a sense of urgency I can respect. And regardless of outcome they have a confidence that helps them continue to play their best.

We beat them if we show up but we can not settle because they can put up points quick.

sleepy dawg
11-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Sagarin uses past games in different formulas to come up with different ratings of how good a team is. One of those is used by the bcs and is the most basic formula. It only calculates a combination of w-l and sos only. Based on that, he comes up with a number for each team and a home field advantage number. Based on that model, on average, you should be able to add the home field advantage to our score, then subtract our score and theirs. The difference is what the score difference in the game should be.

The example used by king is his "Predictor" method, and is more accurate than what is used by the bcs.

I think his over rating may be even more accurate on average, which has it:
UM 79.47
- hf 3.57
-MSU 73.88
2.02 UM margin of victory.

dawgoneyall
11-24-2013, 04:25 PM
uofm plays at full speed. That is there thing. They are not that good but play at full speed. i give them full credit for that.