PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Aboard Chris Parson

TrapGame
08-12-2022, 04:13 PM
https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/08/12/chris-parson-mississippi-state-football-recruiting-qb-former-florida-state/10308036002/

Hail State.

BayouDawg
08-12-2022, 04:16 PM
Very excited about this qb.

Catfish
08-12-2022, 04:18 PM
Can hardly wait. He's going to be a good one.

FISHDAWG
08-12-2022, 04:20 PM
Lol ... I just asked but didn't see this thread... welcome aboard Chris

TrapGame
08-12-2022, 04:22 PM
Lol ... I just asked but didn't see this thread... welcome aboard Chris

I started after you asked in the recruiting thread.

Catfish
08-12-2022, 04:24 PM
Twin brother.

CaptainObvious
08-12-2022, 04:43 PM
So many people call him Chris Parsons instead of Chris Parson so of course on other places they announced that Chris Parsons committed. Since there is NO Chr?? oh nevermind. He will be called Chris Parsons as often as Chris Parson by our fans so I?ll let them have at it.

Offshore Dawg
08-12-2022, 05:02 PM
It's been an hour has his 4* rating been lowered yet ?

No BS Dawg
08-12-2022, 05:12 PM
Hail yeah, Hail State! Parson will elevate this offense in several ways. Very excited about this.

Hambone
08-12-2022, 05:31 PM

No, but you know it’s coming

Commercecomet24
08-12-2022, 05:37 PM
Great get by Leach and Staff! This kids gonna be good!

maroonmania
08-12-2022, 05:44 PM
So many people call him Chris Parsons instead of Chris Parson so of course on other places they announced that Chris Parsons committed. Since there is NO Chr?? oh nevermind. He will be called Chris Parsons as often as Chris Parson by our fans so I?ll let them have at it.

Probably the same number that always called Dan Mullen Dan *******.

Goldendawg
08-12-2022, 06:44 PM
Welcome to the Bulldog Family! Hail Chris! Hail State!

NCMSTFAN
08-12-2022, 06:58 PM
Nice pickup!

Goldendawg
08-12-2022, 07:37 PM

Well, you called it. I think he was a ,90.. or .91.. before he committed to us. He's still a 4 star on 24/7 but has dropped to an .8966. As discussed many times, these recruiting sites and their numerical rankings are a joke! Just to sell a lot of clinkbait to blueblood programs including many of their sidewalk fans! I trust our coaches when it comes to player evaluations and our recruiting needs. That 3 star TE from LA and several diamonds in the rough 2 stars from the Delta and other small HS have often done well for us, several all the way to the league! Hail State! ( Don't get me wrong, also want it both ways and will take as many 4 stars as we can get and an occasion 5!).

StarkVegasSteve
08-12-2022, 07:40 PM
Well, you called it. I think he was a ,90.. or .91.. before he committed to us. He's still a 4 star on 24/7 but has dropped to an .8966. As discussed these recruiting sites and their numerical rankings are a joke! Just to sell a lot of clinkbait to blueblood programs including many of their sidewalk fans! I trust our coaches when it comes to player evaluations and our recruiting needs. That 3 star TE from LA and several diamonds in the rough 2 stars from the Delta and other small HS did well or us, several all the way to the league! Hail State! ( Don't get me wrong, also want it both ways and will take as many 4 stars as we can get and an occasion 5!).

He has always been an 89. 247 has had him rated lower than most for months. The State Slide is coming but not just yet

Goldendawg
08-12-2022, 07:46 PM
He has always been an 89. 247 has had him rated lower than most for months. The State Slide is coming but not just yet

My bad. I don't see how they evaluate numerically, especially from high .88.. to high .89.., or low.90.. to get that elusive 4th star.

StarkVegasSteve
08-12-2022, 08:15 PM
My bad. I don't see how they evaluate numerically, especially from high .88.. to high .89.., or low.90.. to get that elusive 4th star.

No one does. The just throw s*** at a wall and see what sticks

Dak Prescott, 3 star. Lamar Jackson, 3 star. Cooper Bateman, 5 star. Tate Martell, 5 star.

HoopsDawg
08-12-2022, 08:37 PM
I remember when State fans went crazy b/c Quay Evans was going to get cut from a 5 star to a 4 star. There was such an uproar, the site left him as a 5. Turns out, they were right.

Also, Paul and those guys get a ton of recruits moved up from low 3 to high 3 which usually pushes us into the Top 30.

Todd4State
08-12-2022, 09:08 PM
I'm excited about this player after watching his film. I don't think we've ever had a QB that was an Elite 11 finalist.

Todd4State
08-12-2022, 09:10 PM
I remember when State fans went crazy b/c Quay Evans was going to get cut from a 5 star to a 4 star. There was such an uproar, the site left him as a 5. Turns out, they were right.

Also, Paul and those guys get a ton of recruits moved up from low 3 to high 3 which usually pushes us into the Top 30.

The issue with recruiting rankings is too many fans treat them like a normal person would treat a NFL scout. The reality is most of them have credentials on par with most of our posters- or worse in many cases as I know we have a few former players and several that have coached football or are currently coaching it.

They basically rank all of Alabama's players high and then when they win the National Championship they all say "SEE OUR RANKINGS ARE ACCURATE!"

StarkVegasSteve
08-12-2022, 10:11 PM

Ehh?.Quay could have been Simmons before Simmons had he kept his head on straight. Guy was a beast on the field. The problem was our staff could not keep tabs on him 24/7

BeardoMSU
08-12-2022, 11:33 PM
Ehh?.Quay could have been Simmons before Simmons had he kept his head on straight. Guy was a beast on the field. The problem was our staff could not keep tabs on him 24/7

And now he's serving life...

KOdawg1
08-13-2022, 12:43 AM
And now he's serving life...

According to the court docs I've read, he got two 20 year sentences for manslaughter and aggravated assault. So he'll in been there for awhile but he'll get out one day probably.

basedog
08-13-2022, 06:24 AM

I never saw the "beast on the field" talent. I only remember what a head case. It's that word I hate folks using all the time about athletes who don't make it or live up to their ability, potential!

starkvegasdawg
08-13-2022, 07:29 AM
I never saw the "beast on the field" talent. I only remember what a head case. It's that word I hate folks using all the time about athletes who don't make it or live up to their ability, potential!

I saw it occasionally. When he didn't want to be stopped he wasn't stopped. It's just that only happened about twice a game.

NCDawg
08-13-2022, 03:26 PM
Great get by Leach and Staff! This kids gonna be good!

I agree. Watching the film of him, he looks like a tremendous talent. Great arm.

BeardoMSU
08-13-2022, 04:03 PM
According to the court docs I've read, he got two 20 year sentences for manslaughter and aggravated assault. So he'll in been there for awhile but he'll get out one day probably.

Ah, that's right. Had it confused with another case.

StarkVegasSteve
08-13-2022, 10:45 PM
I saw it occasionally. When he didn't want to be stopped he wasn't stopped. It's just that only happened about twice a game.

Correct he had a bit of Clowney in him that if he decided he was going to wreck everyone he did it. The problem was he decided to do it maybe once a half

Maroonthirteen
08-17-2022, 08:38 AM
I dub this future era .....

The Chris Parson Project

Discography
Tales of Pirates and Passes
I QB
The Turn of a Friendly Spiral
Eye from the sideline
Early
Late
NIL Culture

...and many more

FISHDAWG
08-17-2022, 08:43 AM
I dub this future era .....

The Chris Parson Project

Discography
Tales of Pirates and Passes
I QB
The Turn of a Friendly Spiral
Eye from the sideline
Early
Late
NIL Culture

...and many more

Kin to Alan ??? .... lol, not everyone will get that

PMDawg
08-17-2022, 10:32 AM
I thought Parson's commit was said to come with a string of other players following him to whichever school he committed to. Was this just internet BS, or any truth to it? If so, anyone have the scoop on what's going on with it?