PDA

View Full Version : FMR Aubbie Baseball player

parabrave
08-10-2022, 05:28 PM
Does anyone remember a Aubbie player from last year named Sonny DiCharia? He was drafted this year in the 5th round and already in double A at Rocket City. The dude is huge reminds me of the minor league player in Moneyball who hit the HR and didn't even know it/ Nice as hell kid/ Dam Preston is the spitting image of his dad.

Pancho
08-10-2022, 05:51 PM
word

Homedawg
08-10-2022, 09:08 PM
Left off the sarcastrics.....

confucius say
08-11-2022, 10:13 AM
What is happening here

parabrave
08-11-2022, 10:19 AM
What is happening here

Just asking a simple question about a kid from Hoover who signed and went straight to AA ball.

Goldendawg
08-11-2022, 12:26 PM
Just asking a simple question about a kid from Hoover who signed and went straight to AA ball.

He was a transfer from Samford, He tore it up at AU last year. Heavy set guy with lots of power who played 1st base. Word was he wanted to come to State but we felt were set with Hancock as a starter and Hines ready for the future which does seem to be the case if Hancock goes back to catcher in 2022.

parabrave
08-11-2022, 02:00 PM
He was a transfer from Samford, He tore it up at AU last year. Heavy set guy with lots of power who played 1st base. Word was he wanted to come to State but we felt were set with Hancock as a starter and Hines ready for the future which does seem to be the case if Hancock goes back to catcher in 2022.

Thanks/ Thats all I wanted to know. If I get a chance I'll ask him about MSU tomorrow. 2 of the nicest players I have met are Austin Riley and this guy. 1st base is also Lil Palmerio position. AA Baseball is your best bang for your buck also you get alot of access to players that you don't get in the bigs. I know Rocketdog goes to the games in Huntsville and more people should go if you get a chance/

somebodyshotmypaw
08-11-2022, 03:07 PM
I looked up Sonny Dichiara's numbers. Not many go straight to AA ball. In 8 games he was walked 9 times. He knows the strikezone. His OBP is .556. I know it's a small sample size, but he doesn't appear intimidated or overmatched by AA pitching.