PDA

View Full Version : In the "Y'all told 'em so department"...

TUSK
08-04-2022, 02:05 PM
"If you want to know why Dan Mullen was run off after last season despite 3 New Year's 6 bowls in 4 seasons, it wasn't just because of his weird (and reckless) personality on and off the field. That was reason enough.

It was horrific recruiting."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/hayes-red-flags-oh-these-gators-have-a-ton-of-them/

FISHDAWG
08-04-2022, 03:02 PM
Quoted - They?ve spent millions on the infrastructure around the program, with Napier making more than 40 hires in his first 7 months on the job. A majority of those hires, one way or another, are directly related to recruiting players and delivering a unique experience on and off the field.

Napier knows what wins games. So did the three coaches before him who were fired because they either couldn?t develop an offense (Will Muschamp), or couldn?t recruit and didn?t get along with others (Jim McElwain, Mullen).

Muschamp, like Napier, molded the Florida program after Nick Saban?s famed Process. So did McElwain. Mullen acted like Urban Meyer, but forgot the critical Meyer credo: recruiting is like shaving.

Napier is shaving every day ? the first step in a long road back to building a healthy, sustainable SEC program.

The man (Napier) apologized for the 2022 recruiting result already ... and he had the help of almost 40 new hires for recruiting ? It remains to be seen if his 2023 "top-ten" class holds it's position. That Florida job has become a carousel ride ... Mullen will never have it as good anywhere else as he did here.... I don't dislike the man but he could have left me with a better attitude towards him if he had only shown a little class while making his exit

confucius say
08-04-2022, 03:18 PM
I bet Napier doesn't have the success there the next 4 years that Dan had. Bet he doesn't win the East or go to three NY6 bowls.

viverlibre
08-04-2022, 03:53 PM
I bet Napier doesn't have the success there the next 4 years that Dan had. Bet he doesn't win the East or go to three NY6 bowls.

I think he was a good hire and four years from (if both are still employed) will have better results than Brian Kelly at LSU.

TrapGame
08-04-2022, 04:05 PM
I think he was a good hire and four years from (if both are still employed) will have better results than Brian Kelly at LSU.

I may be proven wrong but I think Brian Kelly was a terrible hire for LSU.

Maroonthirteen
08-04-2022, 04:33 PM
Agreed.

They blame 3 different guys each with a different flaw. What a coincidence. However what's the common denominator? The program. We shall see how Napier does. However with NIL Napier may be able to do some Galen Hall style recruiting.

RocketDawg
08-04-2022, 05:06 PM

Agree. I don't think he will either.

RocketDawg
08-04-2022, 05:07 PM
"If you want to know why Dan Mullen was run off after last season despite 3 New Year's 6 bowls in 4 seasons, it wasn't just because of his weird (and reckless) personality on and off the field. That was reason enough.

It was horrific recruiting."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/hayes-red-flags-oh-these-gators-have-a-ton-of-them/

What sort of wild and weird behavior off the field did he have?

Todd4State
08-04-2022, 05:17 PM

Might be talking about Megan making out with players. Might be talking about Dan showing up dressed like Darth Vader to a press conference. And that's just what I know of.

LC Dawg
08-04-2022, 05:27 PM
I may be proven wrong but I think Brian Kelly was a terrible hire for LSU.

I agree with this. NIL may help him but I think that hire is going to be looked back on as a huge mistake.

BeardoMSU
08-04-2022, 07:06 PM

Have you read about how Scientology treats their minions?***

TrapGame
08-04-2022, 08:58 PM
I agree with this. NIL may help him but I think that hire is going to be looked back on as a huge mistake.

It just looks like a bad fit. I believe they really, really wanted Jimbo but he decided to stay at A&M. I think Kelly is an 8-4 coach. Notre Dame is a different beast than LSU. Catholics believe in forgiveness, Cajuns don't.

TUSK
08-04-2022, 09:41 PM
Since BK was mentioned, have you cats noticed how much ND's recruiting has improved since his departure?

Harsin is gonna be the first to get the axe, and I'd put Kelly not too far behind em, "hotseat" wise, IMO...

Schultzy
08-04-2022, 09:44 PM
How ironic Florida had to hire Mullen bc no one else would take their job in the one effing season we were set up to beat everybody.

Schultzy
08-04-2022, 09:52 PM
Since BK was mentioned, have you cats noticed how much ND's recruiting has improved since his departure?

Harsin is gonna be the first to get the axe, and I'd put Kelly not too far behind em, "hotseat" wise, IMO...

I’m predicting Harsin to surprise, don’t forget they outplayed Alabama last year bf big bro won at the very end, so they still have some talent.

Plus he spent the whole year having to deal with the previous coach’s abysmal locker room situation. He just defeated the Auburn money guys trying to get rid of him situation too so something tells me there’s some substance to this guy.

Coach34
08-04-2022, 10:06 PM
LSU is currently 12th in recruiting and will pull a couple more big dawgs before signing day. Kelly will be fine.

Coach34
08-04-2022, 10:08 PM
and on another note- A&M is #1 aGAIN in recruiting right now. NIL is going to elevate them to 10 wins a year

Tater
08-05-2022, 08:16 AM
and on another note- A&M is #1 aGAIN in recruiting right now. NIL is going to elevate them to 10 wins a year

Yawn

Wake me up when september ends to watch the annual A&M roller coaster fall off of a cliff.

TrapGame
08-05-2022, 08:59 AM
LSU is currently 12th in recruiting and will pull a couple more big dawgs before signing day. Kelly will be fine.

We'll see. Looking at the Porsche and driving the Porsche are two different things. Plus, he's not in South Bend anymore.

Homedawg
08-05-2022, 10:44 AM
Yawn

Wake me up when september ends to watch the annual A&M roller coaster fall off of a cliff.

They probably will. But, if they continue to put top class over top class the collapses will end.

Coach34
08-05-2022, 12:22 PM
They probably will. But, if they continue to put top class over top class the collapses will end.

Exactly. People like Tater forget they finished 5th in the country 2 seasons ago. Stacking classes is what makes you a top 5 team

Todd4State
08-05-2022, 12:28 PM

Yeah but LSU fans are crazy. You just never know with them. They're going to have to like him for a few years at a minimum.

Tater
08-05-2022, 01:58 PM
Exactly. People like Tater forget they finished 5th in the country 2 seasons ago. Stacking classes is what makes you a top 5 team

2020 isn't something to hang a hat on.

Mike Leach beat the defending national champion and ended their 15+ game win streak that year. I don't think you wanna be drawing too much info from that year.

Aggy gonna Aggy. It's what they do. Them, Texsa, Tennessee, and ND are frauds until they prove it.

Aggy could have the Monstars line up and would still screw it up somehow.

Schultzy
08-05-2022, 09:12 PM
Texas kids are highly rated and soft.

Goldendawg
08-05-2022, 09:42 PM
Texas kids are highly rated and soft.

Except the ones we get. Hail State!

Coach34
08-06-2022, 01:32 AM
2020 isn't something to hang a hat on.

Mike Leach beat the defending national champion and ended their 15+ game win streak that year. I don't think you wanna be drawing too much info from that year..

Lol- Leach beat an LSU team that had lost almost its entire 22. What a dumbass comment. Point being- A&M has been pretty good lately and is recruiting at an even higher level now. If we beat them this Fall- crow about it. It will be worth it

confucius say
08-06-2022, 11:23 AM

Agreed. Just about anybody can win there. You just have to be semi competent. I mean O won a title there. So did Miles. And both have been average to not good at others stops.

confucius say
08-06-2022, 11:24 AM

Signing them is one thing. Keeping them 3!years this day in age is another. Then throw in jimbo's refusal to modernize his offense. We will see.