PDA

View Full Version : I think yesterday was one of those growing up days we've been missing.

MetEdDawg
11-24-2013, 10:45 AM
I know we played like shit against a bad team, but let's look at it from a different perspective.

We've never come back in the 4th quarter under Mullen. Got that out of the way. We did it on the road in conference. We did it with our 3rd string QB. We did it with a bowl game on the line. We did it after an emotional loss to the #1 team in the country. We did it playing the worst overall game we had played all year.

To me this is one of those games we've been missing under Mullen recently that our team can draw experience from later. Late game situation having to come back on the road in conference when things just aren't going your way. The team will grow from this and be better because of it I think. There is a lot of youth on this team that is going to have the benefit from a game like yesterday.

Just my personal opinion, but I think I learned a lot about the caliber of player we have on our team after yesterday. Don't quit and haven't quit all year, play till the whistle every play, and are mentally pretty tough. It could have been easy to pack it in and say "Things aren't going our way today and the season hasn't been what we want and we are in OT against a bad team, so let's call it a day". We didn't. We should learn from this and it will benefit us later because that was the first time anyone on that team had come back in the 4th quarter at the college level. That's a huge building block in my opinion.

DawgsBite34
11-24-2013, 10:48 AM
100 percent agree

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2013, 11:16 AM
I know we played like shit against a bad team, but let's look at it from a different perspective.

We've never come back in the 4th quarter under Mullen. Got that out of the way. We did it on the road in conference. We did it with our 3rd string QB. We did it with a bowl game on the line. We did it after an emotional loss to the #1 team in the country. We did it playing the worst overall game we had played all year.

To me this is one of those games we've been missing under Mullen recently that our team can draw experience from later. Late game situation having to come back on the road in conference when things just aren't going your way. The team will grow from this and be better because of it I think. There is a lot of youth on this team that is going to have the benefit from a game like yesterday.

Just my personal opinion, but I think I learned a lot about the caliber of player we have on our team after yesterday. Don't quit and haven't quit all year, play till the whistle every play, and are mentally pretty tough. It could have been easy to pack it in and say "Things aren't going our way today and the season hasn't been what we want and we are in OT against a bad team, so let's call it a day". We didn't. We should learn from this and it will benefit us later because that was the first time anyone on that team had come back in the 4th quarter at the college level. That's a huge building block in my opinion.

Great post

I way talking about this yesterday. We have played pretty well and lost games this year, but yesterday we played like shit and won.

That goes a long way in giving a team confidence that good can and will happen.

PassInterference
11-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Agree. I hoped we would be playing like this all year. But we've finally got it coming together now.

So let's go beat some Louisiana Black Bead ass and get to a bowl game. I hope we can play a decent team in the bowl and get a quality win. Maybe a Texas, but it would probably be a Pitt.

Schultzy
11-24-2013, 03:09 PM
We found a way to win instead of finding a way to lose. Nickoe stole that game from them. Our players have to be more confident going into the egg.