PDA

View Full Version : Saban is a beast.

Pinto
08-01-2022, 10:10 AM
Tatly has a new book about Saban coming out. Here is an article that is an excerpt of the book. It takes about Saban and recruiting.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2022/08/inside-nick-sabans-recruiting-blueprint-that-built-a-dynasty.html

was21
08-01-2022, 10:47 AM
With all due respect, when life is put in perspective this seems a sad commentary on a man's life.

msudawglb
08-01-2022, 10:47 AM
I didn't get past, "a new book about Saban coming out".

TrapGame
08-01-2022, 10:51 AM
Had to do a double take. I first thought Tusk posted this.***

Jack Lambert
08-01-2022, 10:58 AM
What do you mean "coming out"? Is he gay?

AROB44
08-01-2022, 11:48 AM
With all due respect, when life is put in perspective this seems a sad commentary on a man's life.

I don't know about that. Don't you think every super successful person, no matter their profession, is just as driven. Elon Musk, Bezos, Buffett, etc.

Cowbell
08-01-2022, 11:55 AM
I don't know about that. Don't you think every super successful person, no matter their profession, is just as driven. Elon Musk, Bezos, Buffett, etc.

It often comes at a heavy price. In fact, rarely does it not.

R2Dawg
08-01-2022, 12:02 PM
It often comes at a heavy price. In fact, rarely does it not.

Very true. TBH, every person who is ultra successful by the world's standards has sacrificed some other very important part of their life. In the end, he and others will find it was meaningless, meaningless.

Saban was a perfect fit for Bama. Bama would sell their own young to win in football and so would Saban.

Todd4State
08-01-2022, 12:14 PM
And then compare that to baseball where last year we didn't bring in enough people to compete especially on the mound.

Or football where we have coaches in the past that just didn't care enough like Dan. You get what you put in to it.

TUSK
08-01-2022, 12:26 PM

Yeah, I get that... He should prolly get a hobby & relax a lil... maybe get a place in Key West to chill.*

HoopsDawg
08-01-2022, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I get that... He should prolly get a hobby & relax a lil... maybe get a place in Key West to chill.*

Nice

Saltydog
08-01-2022, 01:02 PM
I didn't get past, "a new book about Saban coming out".

Me either. The man is a complete narcissist. As bad as I hate Fisher, I hope aTm smokes them again this year. Nothing will hurt a man like Saban more than getting beat by someone like Fisher, who stood up to him.

DownwardDawg
08-01-2022, 01:18 PM
What do you mean "coming out"? Is he gay?

That was my first thought as well. He has gotten a little "woke" these days.

TUSK
08-01-2022, 02:05 PM
Me either. The man is a complete narcissist. As bad as I hate Fisher, I hope aTm smokes them again this year. Nothing will hurt a man like Saban more than getting beat by someone like Fisher, who stood up to him.

The beatdown coming October 8th would make Pol Pot or Mao blush.

Saltydog
08-01-2022, 02:33 PM
The beatdown coming October 8th would make Pol Pot or Mao blush.

Will you be here when the "beat down" doesn't happen? Oh wait, of course you will, it's a State board. What was I thinking?

TUSK
08-01-2022, 05:19 PM
Will you be here when the "beat down" doesn't happen? Oh wait, of course you will, it's a State board. What was I thinking?

So, you takin' the points, then?

Bass Chaser
08-01-2022, 06:39 PM
You mean he didn’t come in and tell everyone they were losers. **

bulldogcountry1
08-02-2022, 09:10 AM
Very true. TBH, every person who is ultra successful by the world's standards has sacrificed some other very important part of their life. In the end, he and others will find it was meaningless, meaningless.

Saban was a perfect fit for Bama. Bama would sell their own young to win in football and so would Saban.

Yes, and these ultra successful people can?t turn it off. Even after they have reached the top, they can?t back off. They just keep going, ignoring the costs. What else does Saban have to prove at this point?

RocketDawg
08-02-2022, 03:18 PM
Tatly has a new book about Saban coming out. Here is an article that is an excerpt of the book. It takes about Saban and recruiting.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2022/08/inside-nick-sabans-recruiting-blueprint-that-built-a-dynasty.html

Dang, I never knew or suspected ....

99jc
08-02-2022, 03:38 PM
He should have been paying more attention to his family than worrying about some 6'7" recruit from bum 17 Egypt or that whole ordeal about Lane trying to get in his daughter's pants would never had happened. I am beginning to see he is a compulsive obsessive ass with no life outside of football. i would rather have a down to earth bar hopper in Key west i can relate to that. 17 Nick and Alabama. and while I am at 17 you Rebel black bears too!