PDA

View Full Version : Who are some CFB teams you're keeping an eye on this season?

TrapGame
07-30-2022, 10:51 AM
I just listened to an interview with Shane Beamer on SEC Radio. I like that dude. I'll be watching South Carolina this season.

I want to see what Moorhead can do at Akron. I'll be peeking in on Akron's progress this season.

And I'll keep an eye on Syracuse. I work with the mom of one of the QBs. If he doesn't get significant playing time this season he's transferring. He's already been approached by middlemen (ex-NFL player alums) for Florida State.

DownwardDawg
07-30-2022, 11:02 AM
Other than State, I always watch Notre Dame. As suggested by my man CC24, I'll be looking at Division 1-AA (or whatever they're calling it now) this year.

Coach34
07-30-2022, 11:14 AM
I just watch SEC ball now 95% of the time. Other than Clemson or Ohio State- none of the rest matter

StarkVegasSteve
07-30-2022, 11:24 AM
Wake Forest and NC State will both be interesting teams in the ACC. Also interested to see what the new coaches (Lanning, Cristobal, and Freeman) do with their programs in year 1.

RiverCityDawg
07-30-2022, 11:35 AM
I just watch SEC ball now 95% of the time. Other than Clemson or Ohio State- none of the rest matter

Same. It's pretty much got to line up where the only SEC games on are Alabama blowing someone out, Missouri playing who cares, and ole miss whipping Bumf-ck U for me to tune into a game between non-SEC teams.

BayouDawg
07-30-2022, 12:05 PM
Im keeping my eye on Tennessee. Dont think they?re quite ready to contend yet but I think they have a sneaky good year.

Lord McBuckethead
07-30-2022, 12:36 PM
I don?t think Tenn is going to be that good. They may be the 3rd best team in the east though. I feel like their qb is overhyped. Maybe he will flourish? Time will tell. Luckily they play 6 games against east opponents.

BayouDawg
07-30-2022, 12:50 PM
I don?t think Tenn is going to be that good. They may be the 3rd best team in the east though. I feel like their qb is overhyped. Maybe he will flourish? Time will tell. Luckily they play 6 games against east opponents.

They may end up being pretty pedestrian but I like Heupels offense and he put up some numbers on Bama and UGA last year. Ive gone out on a limb and picked them to finish second in the east this year.

RiverCityDawg
07-30-2022, 12:59 PM

Interesting. If anything I think he's under hyped. Quietly passed for 2945/31/3 with a 68% completion percentage and ran for 615/5 while being pretty banged up part of the year.

I think UT will pretty easily be the second best team in the East, and is one of only a couple teams on Georgia's schedule that has any sort of chance of beating them. They have to get better on defense though.

ImissCityBagel
07-30-2022, 02:25 PM
I'm curious if Cinci can keep up the momentum.

Captain Falcon
07-30-2022, 03:11 PM
It’s hard for me to care much about anyone other than State anymore. There’s like a 95% chance we are getting a Bama vs Ohio State title game and not a single ball has been kicked yet.

TUSK
07-30-2022, 03:15 PM

This.

Coach34
07-30-2022, 04:00 PM
Tenn is going to be pretty good. I won’t be surprised if they finish in 2nd ahead of Kentucky

Todd4State
07-30-2022, 04:07 PM
Mississippi State, Army, and Tulane. In that order.

Catfish
07-30-2022, 04:38 PM
Texas, if they stink it up Sark might not be around for little Archie.

Liverpooldawg
07-30-2022, 06:01 PM
Southern California as always. I plan on treating this season like all of them in my 50+ year old past. It's getting hard to do though. I don't like where college sports seems to be heading, across the board.

Pancho
07-30-2022, 08:34 PM
NC State. See if they can mitigate Clemson

TrapGame
07-30-2022, 09:43 PM
I'm also interested in Tennessee. Heupel is doing a really good job so far. I think they finish 2nd in the East too.

Sark has his hands full at Texas. He won't last long when they come to the SEC.

Schultzy
07-30-2022, 10:07 PM
Auburn, can they remain this bad?
Arkansas, can they be good without that receiver?
Florida, are they really that depleted talent wise?
LSU, can Brian Kelly do well there in year one?
Ole Miss, can they be any good without that qb?
MSU, can we block anybody?

parabrave
07-31-2022, 01:38 AM
The Citadel, Army and VMI/ Why bother with the rest when it will be BAMA, Uga OHST and Oklahoma in the finals.

RiverCityDawg
07-31-2022, 07:07 AM
The Citadel, Army and VMI/ Why bother with the rest when it will be BAMA, Uga OHST and Oklahoma in the finals.

Not being a smart ass, this is a genuine question... Have you always just been interested in the national championship?

As a State fan my entire life the national championship has never driven my interest in the sport. It's always been about the season, which team underachieve vs overachieve, rivalries, etc.

I get Alabama fans for focusing only on the finals, but it's almost ALWAYS been the case that only a few teams have a real shot at that thing, yet these days fans seem to only focus on the Playoff. I can't put my finger on what's caused the change.

FISHDAWG
07-31-2022, 10:41 AM
I'm going to keep an eye of Florida to see if Napier is the guy that some folks on here thought he might be ... I know it's early but the guy already had to put out an apology to that fickle fan base a about last years lousy recruiting.... flip side is South Carolina... I think they make some noise in the East division this year

parabrave
07-31-2022, 12:23 PM
Not being a smart ass, this is a genuine question... Have you always just been interested in the national championship?

As a State fan my entire life the national championship has never driven my interest in the sport. It's always been about the season, which team underachieve vs overachieve, rivalries, etc.

I get Alabama fans for focusing only on the finals, but it's almost ALWAYS been the case that only a few teams have a real shot at that thing, yet these days fans seem to only focus on the Playoff. I can't put my finger on what's caused the change.

Npw I could give a rats ass about the championship.

DownwardDawg
07-31-2022, 12:33 PM
I'm going to keep an eye of Florida to see if Napier is the guy that some folks on here thought he might be ... I know it's early but the guy already had to put out an apology to that fickle fan base a about last years lousy recruiting.... flip side is South Carolina... I think they make some noise in the East division this year

Napier is gonna suck.

parabrave
07-31-2022, 12:35 PM

Its going to be good watching Lil Beam turn USC into a upper SEC east team.

Goldendawg
07-31-2022, 03:00 PM
I don't keep up with nor care about anyone but us, except for OM to lose every game! Hail State!

PGHBulldogBG
08-01-2022, 01:15 PM
Here are some teams I want to keep an eye on. These are not traditional blue bloods that I think could have good seasons based on solid coaches and veteran teams. 5 teams to watch to be sleepers but no SEC teams listed here because I?m always intrigued to see how all of them do.

Wake Forest- Sam Hartman is back and I think they will challenge Clemson for the ACC title. Clawson is one of the best coaches with doing more with less. If their defense can just be halfway decent, the ACC champ will come down to the Clemson/Wake game

Kansas State- Klieman was the perfect hire for them when Snyder retired. He has done a good job with below average talent in the big 12. They return a lot of starters and could see them finishing 2nd or 3rd in the big 12 behind OU

Utah- They are already getting a lot of preseason hype. We will find out when they open with UF if that is warranted. They could be a playoff team if things come together or they could be last years Iowa State

Oregon State- Jonathan Smith is a coach that probably would?ve been fired at any SEC school by now not named Vandy with a 16-28 record; however, I think they break through and will be in a tie for first in the pac 12 north when they play Oregon. I think Oregon wins that game, but Oregon State returns almost their entire team from a 7-5 regular season. Smith has gradually improved them every year and I think 9-3 is likely with their schedule.

West Virginia- Neal Brown was a coach I really wanted Cohen to hire over Moorhead in 2018. He now has 3 years under his belt at WVU. He had to completely overturn a roster that had issues similar to what Leach had to deal with. Improved significantly from year 1 to year 2, but I expected more last year and WVU was very average, although a lot of that had to do with QB issues. They now have JT Daniels and I think I will find out this year if Brown can coach big time football or if his success came from Troy having more talent than their opponents

Lord McBuckethead
08-01-2022, 04:13 PM
Mississippi State, Army, and Tulane. In that order.

Man, I am a MSU fan, and I would suggest picking at least one team to watch that could possibly be a contender.

Jack Lambert
08-01-2022, 04:23 PM
I want to see how or if LSU and Florida improves.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-01-2022, 04:29 PM
Mississippi State for sure. I always look at the scores and hope Liberty got whipped. An Ole Miss loss is always awesome. I think Lincoln Riley will make big strides at USC, mainly because it's a clown conference. For some reason I always keep an eye on Texas. I think it's because they are fascinating in their ability to consistently underachieve.

TrapGame
08-01-2022, 04:29 PM
I want to see how or if LSU and Florida improves.

I really want us to stroll into BR and embarrass Kelly.

PGHBulldogBG
08-01-2022, 05:21 PM
Mississippi State for sure. I always look at the scores and hope Liberty got whipped. An Ole Miss loss is always awesome. I think Lincoln Riley will make big strides at USC, mainly because it's a clown conference. For some reason I always keep an eye on Texas. I think it's because they are fascinating in their ability to consistently underachieve.

There are some teams that underachieve a lot of years, but nobody does it like Texas. Maybe Sark will finally break through, but it?s incredible how much talent Texas accumulates and can?t succeed. aTm is similar except not as bad. Baylor has been just as good a program over the last 10 years as any other Texas school. They have conference titles, some NY6 appearances including a Sugar Bowl win.