PDA

View Full Version : Football commit OL

starkvegasdawg
07-29-2022, 08:33 PM
Zay Alexander from Tupelo. 6'7" 315lbs 3 star with an impressive offer list including Georgia, TX, and FL.

Cowbell
07-29-2022, 08:54 PM
Zay Alexander from Tupelo. 6'7" 315lbs 3 star with an impressive offer list including Georgia, TX, and FL.

Nice! Tackle?

Cowbell
07-29-2022, 09:01 PM
Looks like we are having a huge day recruiting-wise

TheLostDawg
07-29-2022, 09:08 PM
Looks like we are having a huge day recruiting-wise

Just got a lb from Florence high? 3*

WhiskeyPirate
07-29-2022, 09:38 PM
I keep hearing NiL is going to kill recruiting, I’m not seeing it. We seem to be doing very well.

DownwardDawg
07-29-2022, 10:23 PM
I keep hearing NiL is going to kill recruiting, I’m not seeing it. We seem to be doing very well.

Yes. We're doing really good in football recruiting right now.

R2Dawg
07-30-2022, 06:36 PM
I keep hearing NiL is going to kill recruiting, I?m not seeing it. We seem to be doing very well.

For a few kids NIL will matter but for 95% it is business as usual. There are too many good players and Bama can't NIL them all - only something less than 85. The sky ain't falling.

Was the LB from Florence, AL or MS?

TALL DAWG
07-30-2022, 08:55 PM
From Sipp I believe

HoopsDawg
07-30-2022, 09:38 PM
For a few kids NIL will matter but for 95% it is business as usual. There are too many good players and Bama can't NIL them all - only something less than 85. The sky ain't falling.

No sir

TUSK
08-01-2022, 06:40 PM

Additionally, this is an atypically talented class in Bammer... like 7 Five Stars this year....

Clemson nabbed 2 and UGA got 1, as well...

MaroonFlounder
08-01-2022, 07:39 PM
Additionally, this is an atypically talented class in Bammer... like 7 Five Stars this year....

I can't wait to get embarrassed by Bama again this year.

It will be like 2 losses because we will be listless that next week.

Catfish
08-01-2022, 07:45 PM

I'm just curious as to why you're so down on State.

Johnson85
08-02-2022, 08:40 AM

For real. I am worried we are going to waste an otherwise talented team because we don't have adequate OTs, but I'm still expecting us to be ok, if frustrating because we are almost totally dependent on defense. If we had Cross at LT, I would expect us to threaten 10 wins in the regular season.

Jarius
08-02-2022, 09:10 AM
For real. I am worried we are going to waste an otherwise talented team because we don't have adequate OTs, but I'm still expecting us to be ok, if frustrating because we are almost totally dependent on defense. If we had Cross at LT, I would expect us to threaten 10 wins in the regular season.

We were a couple of plays away from winning 10 games last year and return 18 guys. Our fans are ridiculous.

TrapGame
08-02-2022, 09:15 AM

That's some bullshit right there. Y'all sound like we got Croom and Woody on the sidelines. Damn people.

Pancho
08-02-2022, 11:48 AM
We would be in a mess if the players and coaches didn't nut up and accept the challenge. some of us simply must be weaklings

MaroonFlounder
08-02-2022, 02:38 PM

So you're calling the win at Tuscaloosa. OK.

Johnson85
08-02-2022, 02:59 PM
We were a couple of plays away from winning 10 games last year and return 18 guys. Our fans are ridiculous.

LT and RT are kind of important. Off our 2010 team, we lost Leon Berry, Patrick Hanrahan, J.C. Brignone and Derek Sherrod and regressed a good bit on offense, particularly compared to the end of 2010. Partly because Relf got banged up early in the season from not having a left tackle.

But also, when I say reliant on defense, I'm not talking about us looking like a Croom team or anything, but the SEC has changed and offenses have to score now. We could very easily look like the team that played Ole Miss last year, where the inability of our OTs to block consistently kill a lot of drives. 21 points isn't Croom level, but it's also not going to beat many SEC teams unless your defense is just lights out.

Catfish
08-02-2022, 04:14 PM
So you're calling the win at Tuscaloosa. OK.

Not calling anything, but I will watch and support them every game they play. Why do you watch, or do you?

Turfdawg67
08-02-2022, 04:21 PM

You're just now noticing this? There are MANY, but he's one of the worse. Him, Flanking Lee and Salty.

Offshore Dawg
08-02-2022, 04:21 PM

TUSK is just reminding you that his is bigger than yours !!!!!!!

Turfdawg67
08-02-2022, 04:24 PM

So this is just "constructive" criticism. You never have anything positive about State. You are the worst.

MaroonFlounder
08-02-2022, 05:06 PM
So this is just "constructive" criticism. You never have anything positive about State. You are the worst.

Not true. I have us with one of the best defensive fronts and LB groups in the SEC.

It won't matter against Bama and UGA, but I am cautiously optimistic about the other games.

Quaoarsking
08-02-2022, 05:11 PM
A lot of posters spent the last 20 years arguing that Leach is a terrible coach and could never win here, and they still want to turn out to be right.

Catfish
08-02-2022, 05:19 PM
A lot of posters spent the last 20 years arguing that Leach is a terrible coach and could never win here, and they still want to turn out to be right.

I hear you.