PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to hate Ole Miss

PassInterference
11-24-2013, 09:16 AM
The pregame hotty toddy cheer lead by a celebrity.

Arrogance and a false sense of superiority is what Ole Miss is all about. That's why they put disconnected celebrities on their billboard to lead their pregame cheer. Those celebs have no tie whatsoever to Ole Miss, but the fans don't care. For a moment, Ole Miss fans get to feel endorsed by a wealthy and well known name.

Pride in themselves is evidently secondary to Ole Miss fan. Pride in appearances is a bigger deal. It's not enough for them just to get excited about their team. They need a random celebrity to give a paid endorsement to complete their air of superiority which seems to last through about 2.2 quarters before fans start heading back to the grove.

Down 2 scores to a ranked opponent in the 2nd half? Bah! "We've had our ego stroked by Tony Stewart and my buzz is waning - back to the grove!"

OK, let's keep this thread rolling this week. Your turn.

Saltydog
11-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Their FANS........

Bully13
11-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Their FANS........

ole miss side and a state side. I know I've mentined this one time before, but it seemed when ole miss would score or do something good, the "roar" from the other side sounded like they were all girls. it seemed very high pitched. not that there's anything wrong with that, but since I already hated them, well you know.

gravedigger
11-24-2013, 10:02 AM
The fact that the very image they portray is the one this beloved state cannot escape.

Scarlett Ohara should be their mascot.

notsofarawaydawg
11-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Putting the african american serviceman on the field during televised games to show off to the world. Such hypocrites.

gravedigger
11-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Was it just me or did that guy seem......imbalanced.....in an orgeron-lee Harvey Oswald kind of way?

notsofarawaydawg
11-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Was it just me or did that guy seem......imbalanced.....in an orgeron-lee Harvey Oswald kind of way?

He's a little weird to say the least. Just pisses me that they try to "show off" someone like that on national TV and then act the way most of them do in real life.

dawgoneyall
11-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Simple.

By and large they are assholes.

DawgsBite34
11-24-2013, 10:47 AM
The fans have their heads stuck so far up their own ass they cant see daylight

NorCalDawg
11-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Because they are a bunch of thin-skinned buggers and sore losers; and sore winners for that matter.

I have few Bear "friends" that I heard hardly anything from from for about 3 years until last years egg bowl. Then, they're all about posting on my FB wall and texting me to rub it in. I would simply say something like, "Yep, you guys put it on us!" Like any other species of bear, they'll go away if you don't feed them.

It's like they go out of their way to try and get under your skin, too. I can honestly say, unless it comes up in the course of normal conversation or in a forum such as this I don't seek out any Bears pelt with rock salt (but, maybe I should!).

I love it when my team wins, especially when it's MSU; but, good lord my entire identity is not tied to how well my favorite college team does as it is with them damn Bears!

As others have already stated, it's all about proving they're superiority. So, that's why I hate the bears.

Bothrops
11-24-2013, 01:27 PM
The pregame hotty toddy cheer lead by a celebrity.

Arrogance and a false sense of superiority is what Ole Miss is all about. That's why they put disconnected celebrities on their billboard to lead their pregame cheer. Those celebs have no tie whatsoever to Ole Miss, but the fans don't care. For a moment, Ole Miss fans get to feel endorsed by a wealthy and well known name.

Pride in themselves is evidently secondary to Ole Miss fan. Pride in appearances is a bigger deal. It's not enough for them just to get excited about their team. They need a random celebrity to give a paid endorsement to complete their air of superiority which seems to last through about 2.2 quarters before fans start heading back to the grove.

Down 2 scores to a ranked opponent in the 2nd half? Bah! "We've had our ego stroked by Tony Stewart and my buzz is waning - back to the grove!"

OK, let's keep this thread rolling this week. Your turn.

So who was the celeb?

HunterDawg
11-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Because they are a bunch of thin-skinned buggers and sore losers; and sore winners for that matter.

I have few Bear "friends" that I heard hardly anything from from for about 3 years until last years egg bowl. Then, they're all about posting on my FB wall and texting me to rub it in. I would simply say something like, "Yep, you guys put it on us!" Like any other species of bear, they'll go away if you don't feed them.

It's like they go out of their way to try and get under your skin, too. I can honestly say, unless it comes up in the course of normal conversation or in a forum such as this I don't seek out any Bears pelt with rock salt (but, maybe I should!).

I love it when my team wins, especially when it's MSU; but, good lord my entire identity is not tied to how well my favorite college team does as it is with them damn Bears!

As others have already stated, it's all about proving they're superiority. So, that's why I hate the bears.

I understand all that, but you do know that we are the ones who put up billboards, right?

starkvegasdawg
11-24-2013, 02:19 PM
They're the notre dame of the sec. They think if they just field a team they deserve to be mentioned among the elite.

Maroonthirteen
11-24-2013, 02:26 PM
1991, at the age of 18, I was celebrating the Egg Bowl victory. An old man, probably 60s, in a fit of anger says to me I am turning my back on the state and south celebrating an Ole Miss loss. That started my hate for Old Mississippi.

NorCalDawg
11-24-2013, 02:33 PM
I understand all that, but you do know that we are the ones who put up billboards, right?

Yep, I understand that. I also understand that I only have control over how I act, what I say, and what I do. I'm not sure what the billboards have to do with that.

Todd4State
11-24-2013, 02:44 PM
1991, at the age of 18, I was celebrating the Egg Bowl victory. An old man, probably 60s, in a fit of anger says to me I am turning my back on the state and south celebrating an Ole Miss loss. That started my hate for Old Mississippi.

They're old South.

We're New South.

Todd4State
11-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Reasons to Hate Ole Miss.

They claim that they redshirt Miss Americans. And then you get there and it's a bunch of girls with too much make up on.

WeWillScrewItUp
11-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Is the fact they are ole miss not a good enough reason?

EnterpriseDawg
11-24-2013, 02:50 PM
They're the notre dame of the sec. They think if they just field a team they deserve to be mentioned among the elite.

At least ND has real championships and one within the last 30 years. Whats up with them screaming ole miss after each first down? Copying from the "roll tide" that Bama does? At least our cowbells are unique and we don't hang banners of mediocrity.

dawgoneyall
11-24-2013, 04:31 PM
This is our state. 37% vs 25 %. Your problem.....is?

paco
11-24-2013, 04:47 PM
oxford is the most overrated town in America.

dawgoneyall
11-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Plastic dolls. With the valley girl talk....geeeze....only a Ken doll would find that attractive.

Bubb Rubb
11-24-2013, 06:40 PM
There are hundreds of reasons to hate Ole Miss, but they all have one common denominator: their fans. Delusion, entitlement, obsession, arrogance, hypocrisy, you pick. This board has probably a dozen registered members (at least) that are Rebels, posing as State fans. You know who you are, and most of us do, too.

They should change their name to Douche Bags, because that's the most appropriately-named descriptor of their fanbase. The Ole Miss Douche Bags.

They can all go to hell.

coastdoglover
11-24-2013, 08:43 PM
I find it comical that they parade out an African-American U S Marine when the only African Americans in the grove are those in bow ties serving drinks. They are the biggest hypocrites on earth.

FlabLoser
11-24-2013, 08:57 PM
That marine is there because he was the guy who faced off with a Texas WR last year. He became popular for that.

Pollodawg
11-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Does conception count. My hatred for OM started at senior day in high school when various universities sent reps to my school to give us pamphlets and shit nobody really wants. Anyway, the ole miss rep was a complete asshole who acted like he was doing the world a favor just by being present.

Schultzy
11-24-2013, 09:49 PM
xena, johannigmeir and the pi's.

FlabLoser
11-24-2013, 10:28 PM
Wow, a PhD candidate at Maryland wrote his dissertation on the inappropriate and distasteful culture at Ole Miss. Its called
"DIXIE’S LAST STAND: OLE MISS, THE BODY, AND THE SPECTACLE OF DIXIE SOUTH WHITENESS".

649 pages worth:

http://drum.lib.umd.edu/bitstream/1903/3231/1/umi-umd-3057.pdf

Drugdog
11-24-2013, 11:12 PM
My Dad called MSU winning and UOM losing a "double header".

Saltydog
11-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Red bow ties

Sons a bitches wear red britches

Pristinely ironed, white button down collared shirts

Penny loafers w/o socks

Costa Del Mar sunglasses

Sweaters hung around neck

Man scarfs (oh, my bad it's called an "ascot")