PDA

View Full Version : Skenes just announced LSU

AlSwearengen
07-28-2022, 08:40 PM
Pull up twitter and it is the first thing i see.

Coach34
07-28-2022, 08:50 PM
We just dont win those battles

ZedFedder
07-28-2022, 08:59 PM
In the NIL era, it’s going to be tough. LSU is next year’s Tennessee. They’re absolutely loaded.

HoopsDawg
07-28-2022, 09:00 PM
gut punch. Losing Skenes and Mosely drastically changes the outlook for hoops and baseball.

Cowbell
07-28-2022, 09:02 PM
In the NIL era, it?s going to be tough. LSU is next year?s Tennessee. They?re absolutely loaded.

All those personalities on one team will be interesting

Coach34
07-28-2022, 09:05 PM
and not only did we lose Mosely and Skenes- we have to face both this year

Schultzy
07-28-2022, 09:13 PM
MSU/OM Natties back to back lsu fans said f that we fixin to buy everybody

BuckyIsAB****
07-28-2022, 09:31 PM
Need to go after another OF or pitcher. Whatever is best available.

Coach34
07-28-2022, 09:58 PM
Early grapevine is he took it for 250K. LSU got a bargain if so.

Bdawg
07-28-2022, 10:01 PM
All I've heard was NIL wouldn't be a major factor with this kid. Yeah right! Wonder what we were offering?

Coach34
07-28-2022, 10:11 PM
All I've heard was NIL wouldn't be a major factor with this kid. Yeah right! Wonder what we were offering?

This is what people have to understand. NIL is ALWAYS a factor now. I'm talking to parents of 10th graders that are mentioning NIL of colleges to me

Skenes is going to be a 1st round draft pick whether he plays at State or LSU. Both coaching staffs are good. Both fan bases are great. Facilities are great at both schools. LSU has rebuilt and will be good in 2023. State has too.

But I know without a doubt LSU offered at least twice what we did in NIL. And he is going to LSU

This isnt rocket surgery

Bdawg
07-28-2022, 10:21 PM
This is what people have to understand. NIL is ALWAYS a factor now. I'm talking to parents of 10th graders that are mentioning NIL of colleges to me

Skenes is going to be a 1st round draft pick whether he plays at State or LSU. Both coaching staffs are good. Both fan bases are great. Facilities are great at both schools. LSU has rebuilt and will be good in 2023. State has too.

But I know without a doubt LSU offered at least twice what we did in NIL. And he is going to LSU

This isnt rocket surgery

Yep. This NIL is really about to start kicking us in the nuts. This crap really makes we wish we only had 1 school in the state now(hindsight)!

KOdawg1
07-28-2022, 10:42 PM
Big time gut punch.

As far as starting pitching goes, we've got Cade. Andddd that's about it that we know about.

I think Gartman will be good, but who knows how he adjusts in the SEC. KC is probably coming back, but he was a hit or miss (mostly miss) this year. We needed that bonafide ace. Really not any of those left in the portal.

Oh well. Hope some of y'all realize how far behind we are in NIL. Maybe it'll be a wake up call when it starts affecting the one sport we're good at.

Todd4State
07-29-2022, 12:08 AM
Early grapevine is he took it for 250K. LSU got a bargain if so.

I'm 100% sure we could have matched that.

Todd4State
07-29-2022, 12:10 AM
We just lost this one. That's all it comes down to.

Personally, I think the answer is to get a new pitching coach. But whatever.

ScoobaDawg
07-29-2022, 12:11 AM
That freaking sucks.

It's time to fix this problem.

ArrowDawg
07-29-2022, 12:22 AM

It was an easy loss to predict. We don't win big recruiting battles in any sport, but we keep doing this to ourselves. This one stings a bit more for me because we badly needed that ace pitcher, but we will almost always lose head-to-head with LSU both on and off the field. Lemonis needs to figure it out, because this is what he was hired to do......recruit and put us position to win titles.

Concerning Foxhall, I'm not a big fan of his. It's easy for fans to get caught up in the fact that we won a title last year and just assume he's the greatest, but IMO we can do much better. I don't think a lot of top pitchers are knocking down the door to come learn from him.

Coach34
07-29-2022, 12:36 AM

GTFO with that bullshit. When it came down to us and LSU- there is not one mf’er anywhere that sincerely thought we would win that battle. Not one. I know we didn’t offer him 250K- and we both know that probably the minimum LSU offered.

It was never a battle. We were never going to get him. That’s NIL today and it sux because now it’s getting us in baseball. The one sport we used to be able to be a Big Dawg. Except we aren’t now

Todd4State
07-29-2022, 01:14 AM
GTFO with that bullshit. When it came down to us and LSU- there is not one mf’er anywhere that sincerely thought we would win that battle. Not one. I know we didn’t offer him 250K- and we both know that probably the minimum LSU offered.

It was never a battle. We were never going to get him. That’s NIL today and it sux because now it’s getting us in baseball. The one sport we used to be able to be a Big Dawg. Except we aren’t now

You're telling me that our fans will spend money- thousands of dollars- to sit in condos in left field and spend thousands on our team including following them to freaking Nebraska in droves but we're not going to spend on NIL for baseball? Right.

Here's the real problem with MSU. It takes us getting kicked in the nuts for things to happen. We never take the lead.

Once he shoves it up our ass this spring Lemonis and Cohen will probably start some major NIL drive at baseball games by 2024 at the latest.

MSU is the worst at having fans and administration keeping their heads in the sand. Really the only question is how long we will keep our heads in the sand. Because with Polk it was about 20 years all told.

Ole Miss winning a National Championship might end up being one of the best things to happen to us because it will probably get our heads out of our asses quicker.

And let's be real here- let's say you're a MLB prospect. Do you want to play for the guy that was a MLB pitching coach or the guy that just had a plethora of Tommy John surgeries among other injuries and wasn't able to develop guys like Fristoe, Hunt, or Cerentola? This guy doesn't care about 250K from LSU or whatever MSU offered him. He cares about getting 2 million as a draft bonus and then getting millions upon millions as a MLB player.

Coach34
07-29-2022, 01:20 AM
A) The problem is our fanbase thinks 100K is huge money. That’s just a starting point with the Big Boys in the SEC.

B) No pitching prospect looks at our 2022 pitching staff and thinks our pitching coach is a pitching guru. Those recruits have no idea what happened at State 5 years ago.

Maroonthirteen
07-29-2022, 06:23 AM
The whole NIL stuff is just sickening. There is no loyalty. It is all about the money.

I heard a story of kid that signed with Arkansas.....life long Arkansas fan. LSU put money on the table. He was damn close to committing to LSU until Arkansas matched it. The number I heard was NOT 250 but 6 figures, none the less.

Anyways.....good luck Cigar boys. Because as far back as I can remember.....which is the "Thunder and Lightning" duo from west Point, Doug 20 Buckles on and on....State folds when the pot grows. It sucks.

Maroonthirteen
07-29-2022, 06:57 AM
Btw, I will be rooting for anyone playing Texas AM football and lsu baseball this year. I hope they both choke and fall short, like Tennessee.

confucius say
07-29-2022, 06:58 AM
For those of you who believe this came down to NIL, no complaining from you unless you've donated.

AlSwearengen
07-29-2022, 07:00 AM
State people better pray for something to change concerning nil b/c as long as it is around, we will be on the hind tit. Pre-nil, it was scholarship advantages for other states and schools. Now, I’d wager that nil puts us at a bigger disadvantage. If Florida, whose fan base as a whole doesn’t support baseball, paid $250,000 or better for the usm pitcher, I’m not seeing any hope for MSU.

We can beat our chest about being a great fan base and great facilities, etc. but we don’t have the market cornered on all of that stuff. There are other schools that care about baseball too and they won’t be letting MSU outspend them.

Patrick Tibbons
07-29-2022, 07:06 AM

Your obsession with constantly shitting on Foxhall is becoming weird.

Patrick Tibbons
07-29-2022, 07:13 AM
And let's be real here- let's say you're a MLB prospect. Do you want to play for the guy that was a MLB pitching coach or the guy that just had a plethora of Tommy John surgeries among other injuries and wasn't able to develop guys like Fristoe, Hunt, or Cerentola? This guy doesn't care about 250K from LSU or whatever MSU offered him. He cares about getting 2 million as a draft bonus and then getting millions upon millions as a MLB player.

Did you just use Tommy Johns surgery in an argument against Foxhall, when in the same sentence you are advocating for Wes Johnson? Haha wow.

ZedFedder
07-29-2022, 07:39 AM
For those of you who believe this came down to NIL, no complaining from you unless you've donated.

Some of us don’t have the means to donate.

basedog
07-29-2022, 07:52 AM
As Todd would say, my two cents:

!) First off, as far as the NIL goes, not many schools except Lsu will go all out on baseball. We will be able to compete in this sport with NIL in the coming future.

2) Whether I like or dislike Fox, the one thing I am happy and grateful for is is handling of pitchers who are hurt or injured. He cares about the pitchers and their future.

3) Times are changing, want be long when there will be only 2 or 3 major conferences, thank our lucky charms we are in the Sec, our money situation being in the Sec will get even better. In saying this we will be able to "sustain" our status. We may not win a Natty in football or baseball, but we will always have a chance in baseball. I'm, not as concerned about the NIL in baseball.

Homedawg
07-29-2022, 07:57 AM
I'm 100% sure we could have matched that.

Huh...... no.

Saltydog
07-29-2022, 08:01 AM
We just dont win those battles

And we'd better get used to it because this is just the beginning. We're definitely bottom half of the SEC next year.

sandjunky
07-29-2022, 08:04 AM
Did you just use Tommy Johns surgery in an argument against Foxhall, when in the same sentence you are advocating for Wes Johnson? Haha wow.

In the last 2 -3 years which one had the most pitching issues - injuries and/or perceived lack of development

Because 1 just got a pay raise to leave MLB and coach college

StarkVegasSteve
07-29-2022, 08:22 AM
This one did not come down to NIL. It came down to Wes Johnson. Now I have let my thoughts be known on Arm Murderer multiple times. The guy left around 15 arms needing Tommy John in 3 years between us and Arkansas but somehow kept getting better jobs. We could match anything LSU offered NIL wise, but this came down to Skenes wanting to work with Wes over Foxhall

Hot Rock
07-29-2022, 08:34 AM
You're telling me that our fans will spend money- thousands of dollars- to sit in condos in left field and spend thousands on our team including following them to freaking Nebraska in droves but we're not going to spend on NIL for baseball? Right.

Here's the real problem with MSU. It takes us getting kicked in the nuts for things to happen. We never take the lead.

Once he shoves it up our ass this spring Lemonis and Cohen will probably start some major NIL drive at baseball games by 2024 at the latest.

MSU is the worst at having fans and administration keeping their heads in the sand. Really the only question is how long we will keep our heads in the sand. Because with Polk it was about 20 years all told.

Ole Miss winning a National Championship might end up being one of the best things to happen to us because it will probably get our heads out of our asses quicker.

Blaming a player's current coach is a bit weird to me.

These injuries come from a lifetime of pitching. A person's arm is not designed to throw a baseball this hard and things tear.

It seems to me Foxhall seems to rest guys more than most and does more to protect pitchers than other coaches by not pitching them as often or sitting them at the first sign of soreness.

What am I missing? How are you blaming Foxhall for these injuries? As a novice, I really don't know baseball. I admit that even if I don't see it, doesn't mean it's not possible.

Maroonthirteen
07-29-2022, 08:57 AM

This take is way off.

First, the true intention of NIL was NOT to create a flesh trade market fueled by extortion and greed. There are numerous other ways a person can support the university that are morally and ethically right. That person has skin in the game regardless.

confucius say
07-29-2022, 09:09 AM
Some of us don’t have the means to donate.

There is an option for $10 a month. Ten.
33 cents a day.
Everybody on here can afford that.

BuckyIsAB****
07-29-2022, 09:15 AM
Got to go get some one else instead of bitching about what we do or dont have.

Personally I love MSU as much as anyone but I am not just handing my hard earned money to some kid just to get him to come to school when he can decide he wants to leave at any point with no consequences whatsoever. Hate me if you want

confucius say
07-29-2022, 09:29 AM
Got to go get some one else instead of bitching about what we do or dont have.

Personally I love MSU as much as anyone but I am not just handing my hard earned money to some kid just to get him to come to school when he can decide he wants to leave at any point with no consequences whatsoever. Hate me if you want

Hating you for that would be ridiculous. If people don't support the NIL system, that's their choice. I'll still love my fellow brother.

But don't complain when we don't get players due to lack of NIL funds. Our fanbase is making the choice not to get those type guys. We have thousands of people who can afford $100/$50/$25 a month but are not doing so.

StarkVegasSteve
07-29-2022, 09:57 AM
Hating you for that would be ridiculous. If people don't support the NIL system, that's their choice. I'll still love my fellow brother.

But don't complain when we don't get players due to lack of NIL funds. Our fanbase is making the choice not to get those type guys. We have thousands of people who can afford $100/$50/$25 a month but are not doing so.

This all day. If you are going to moan and complain about how NIL ruins sports and you are never going to give a dime of your money to it then that is completely within your right. However, do not then turn around and moan and complain that we are not getting any good players. Right now this is the name of the game, maybe that changes and maybe it does not. But if we do not adapt, then we will become bottom dwellers in every sport, and yes that includes baseball.

StarkVegasSteve
07-29-2022, 10:03 AM
This take is way off.

First, the true intention of NIL was NOT to create a flesh trade market fueled by extortion and greed. There are numerous other ways a person can support the university that are morally and ethically right. That person has skin in the game regardless.

Actually right now the best way to support the university is give to NIL. Period. End of discussion. And look, I get that there are some who do not agree with it. I get you think it is ethically and morally wrong and I respect your opinion. But if you want to be successful and be able to get guys like Chris Parson or Ross Highfill or Josh Hubbard you gotta play the game. I will take 9-3 with blood mercenaries over 3-9 with kids who ?have Mississippi in their heart?

HoopsDawg
07-29-2022, 10:04 AM
This all day. If you are going to moan and complain about how NIL ruins sports and you are never going to give a dime of your money to it then that is completely within your right. However, do not then turn around and moan and complain that we are not getting any good players. Right now this is the name of the game, maybe that changes and maybe it does not. But if we do not adapt, then we will become bottom dwellers in every sport, and yes that includes baseball.

Didn't you just say we lost Skenes b/c of the pitching coach?

StarkVegasSteve
07-29-2022, 10:08 AM
Didn't you just say we lost Skenes b/c of the pitching coach?

Yea we did. I was responding to the broader point about people not wanting to support NIL. We had a sizable NIL deal for Skenes.

The only other thing NIL wise we could have done would just have been to absolutely blow everyone away and offer a high 6 figure NIL deal, which right now we unfortunately do not have the capabilities to do.

99jc
07-29-2022, 10:16 AM
Some of us don?t have the means to donate.

Everyone can afford 20 a month just cut out 1 trip to Burger King and eat some carrots. It has been my experience in life that people find a way to do what they want to do if it is important to them, unless you are a senior citizen on a fixed income.

confucius say
07-29-2022, 10:42 AM
This one did not come down to NIL. It came down to Wes Johnson. Now I have let my thoughts be known on Arm Murderer multiple times. The guy left around 15 arms needing Tommy John in 3 years between us and Arkansas but somehow kept getting better jobs. We could match anything LSU offered NIL wise, but this came down to Skenes wanting to work with Wes over Foxhall

Fwiw, I was told the same thing.

Coach34
07-29-2022, 11:08 AM
Fwiw, I was told the same thing.

Very possible

It’s also possible that’s the excuse he gave while at the same time it’s a coincidence he got more than twice from LSU as us. People can draw their own conclusions

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-29-2022, 11:13 AM
All those personalities on one team will be interesting

What the hell does this even mean?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-29-2022, 11:14 AM
LSU is next year?s Tennessee.

fade out in Supers? Fantastic!

confucius say
07-29-2022, 12:01 PM
Not to be that guy, and I didn't want to post this pre decision, but I think his value may be more as a hitter than a pitcher. He can definitely help on the mound, but he's not Landon sims. Much more Preston Johnson.
And yes, I would still love to have him. But I don't think there is a sizeable gap between he and Gartman, the Memphis transfer.

He didn't pitch against a team all year that made the ncaa tourney. Not one. He only pitched against one power 5 team all regular season and was shelled, didn't make it through the 4th inning, and had a era of 11.
Then in the ncaa tourney he was shelled again, didn't make it past the 4th, and era was 9.00.
He didn't pitch against anybody else any good this year. Below are all his appearances.

Iowa - shelled
Navy - 19-26 record
Nevada twice - 29-26 record
Unlv three times - 36-22 record
New Mexico twice - 21-33 record
Fresno state twice - 27-28 record
Cal Baptist - 36-20 record
San Diego State - 18-38 record
San Jose State - 30-29 record

Texas (ncaa tourney) - shelled

The Federalist Engineer
07-29-2022, 12:19 PM
Not to be that guy, and I didn't want to post this pre decision, but I think his value may be more as a hitter than a pitcher. He can definitely help on the mound, but he's not Landon sims. Much more Preston Johnson.
And yes, I would still love to have him. But I don't think there is a sizeable gap between he and Gartman, the Memphis transfer.

He didn't pitch against a team all year that made the ncaa tourney. Not one. He only pitched against one power 5 team all regular season and was shelled, didn't make it through the 4th inning, and had a era of 11.
Then in the ncaa tourney he was shelled again, didn't make it past the 4th, and era was 9.00.
He didn't pitch against anybody else any good this year. Below are all his appearances.

Iowa - shelled
Navy - 19-26 record
Nevada twice - 29-26 record
Unlv three times - 36-22 record
New Mexico twice - 21-33 record
Fresno state twice - 27-28 record
Cal Baptist - 36-20 record
San Diego State - 18-38 record
San Jose State - 30-29 record

Texas (ncaa tourney) - shelled

https://i.gifer.com/5LaU.gif

Now that we are enemies, you don't need to hold back.

I hope Skenes is a little school fraud. I hope Christian Little pulls a Simone Biles in a Super Regional, "I have to prioritize my Mental health". I hope Thatcher Hurd catches Monkey Pox and has to quarantine for 50 days in June. Tommy White, those ACC stats won't translate to SEC stats.

The real problem is that LSU has amazing money resources. MSU needs to get a list of LSU targets, bid them Up to the moon, then say "Sorry, the car wash that was paying the offer got hit by Tornado. But you have that LSU Offer!"

Cooterpoot
07-29-2022, 12:54 PM
NIL isn't why LSU loaded up. They had a shit ton of open spots, they're a better program, and they've got a great staff.
We will continue to sign pitchers that can throw hard and beat the backstop to death & give up bombs. Our evaluation under Foxhall has been mediocre at best (he did hit on a couple including Bednar). The fact we didn't go harder after a couple pitchers and chose to wait on Skenes is a problem too. Now, we're short a couple spots including a proven rotation pitcher. Foxhall better hit on a couple guys this time or he can hit the damn road.

Saltydog
07-29-2022, 01:39 PM
NIL isn't why LSU loaded up. They had a shit ton of open spots, they're a better program, and they've got a great staff.
We will continue to sign pitchers that can throw hard and beat the backstop to death & give up bombs. Our evaluation under Foxhall has been mediocre at best (he did hit on a couple including Bednar). The fact we didn't go harder after a couple pitchers and chose to wait on Skenes is a problem too. Now, we're short a couple spots including a proven rotation pitcher. Foxhall better hit on a couple guys this time or he can hit the damn road.

I'm not going to be as critical of Foxhall as some on here but I will say this, if our pitchers don't show more development than they showed last year then he needs to move on.........

Dallas_Dawg
07-29-2022, 01:50 PM
The whole NIL stuff is just sickening.
Anyways.....good luck Cigar boys. Because as far back as I can remember.....which is the "Thunder and Lightning" duo from west Point, Doug 20 Buckles on and on....State folds when the pot grows. It sucks.

Who was thunder and lightning from WP and where did they end up?

Coach34
07-29-2022, 02:05 PM
Who was thunder and lightning from WP and where did they end up?

I wanna say Sykes was lightning. Cant remember Thunder's name but seems like he was the better one of the two

Schultzy
07-29-2022, 05:09 PM
Robert Smith and Shawn Sykes

Late 80’s I think?

Goldendawg
07-29-2022, 07:05 PM

Yep, we "Built It and They will Come" will not do it alone. Most SEC schools have good baseball facilities in the West especially. Now kids will grow up a NIL fan, not a MSU, OM, bama, AU fan, etc. Loyalty now begins with a $ign. Paying under the table days don't seem so bad now. Classic rock, muscle cars, and college sports gone as I knew them. But, I'll be there with 7 of my family for the Memphis FB game continuing 50 plus years of being season ticket holders. Hail State!

maroonmania
07-29-2022, 07:09 PM

Well, it technically hasn't ruined all sports, just college sports. High School nor pros squeeze their fans for additional money just to get or keep players well above and beyond tickets and booster clubs. And no matter how much we give richer alumni bases can and will always outspend us in any sport. These guys aren't really student athletes anymore, they are just paid mercenaries that are enrolled in college..

Goldendawg
07-29-2022, 07:10 PM

Opinion or inside info?

Maroonthirteen
07-29-2022, 08:38 PM
Robert Smith and Shawn Sykes

Late 80’s I think?

Yes. They are the first recruiting battle I remember. Mostly because I was a kid in the GTR then. The local barber was a big State fan. He was chatting them up. Saying they are going to be Bulldogs. Billy Brewer visits them and then... they sign at OM.

Sykes was good at OM. Smith didn't do much.

In all fairness. I remember David Fair being a huge deal too. Obviously a win for State there.

StarkVegasSteve
07-29-2022, 08:43 PM
Opinion or inside info?

Pretty close to the situation with baseball. Take Wes out of the equation and we probably get him.

confucius say
07-29-2022, 11:48 PM
Pretty close to the situation with baseball. Take Wes out of the equation and we probably get him.

Which is weird. I'd argue Everywhere he has left lately has gotten better

StarkVegasSteve
07-30-2022, 11:28 AM
Which is weird. I'd argue Everywhere he has left lately has gotten better

It comes down to the MLB connections he has and LSU being able to sell that he knows what it takes to succeed at the major league level. He knows what it will take to be in the starting rotation at that level. Personal feelings about the guy aside, that is a hell of a recruiting pitch.

Pinto
07-30-2022, 12:11 PM
Auburn has the same thing in Gabe Gross. It?s the new angle schools are using and using well.

Todd4State
07-30-2022, 09:38 PM
It comes down to the MLB connections he has and LSU being able to sell that he knows what it takes to succeed at the major league level. He knows what it will take to be in the starting rotation at that level. Personal feelings about the guy aside, that is a hell of a recruiting pitch.

Makes me wonder if we should try to hire Chris Young.

https://www.mlb.com/news/cubs-add-chris-young-as-bullpen-coach

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Young_(baseball_coach)

I could also foresee something in the future where we have three full time assistants- Foxhall, Gautreau, and Cheese for example and then have a volunteer assistant who is a MLB guy that is a former player like a Jay Powell on the staff.

Schultzy
07-30-2022, 10:27 PM
State and OM with back to back natties pissed off the LSU money ppl.

The Federalist Engineer
07-30-2022, 10:39 PM
Auburn has the same thing in Gabe Gross. It?s the new angle schools are using and using well.

I know that Auburn's Tim Hudson was a very good Pro (All Star, but not HOF), but Gabe Gross was a bit player. He did last 6 or 7 years, that has to be respected

Cooterpoot
07-30-2022, 11:14 PM
If you were choosing between Foxhall and a one armed, one legged, blind pitching coach, you'd go somewhere else too.

Coach34
07-30-2022, 11:32 PM
State people trying to make themselves feel better because Skenes chose LSU.

Foxhall lost
They offered more money
This is the new normal

Cooterpoot
07-30-2022, 11:38 PM
State people trying to make themselves feel better because Skenes chose LSU.

Foxhall lost
They offered more money
This is the new normal

Had nothing to do with money.

confucius say
07-31-2022, 01:09 PM
Not sure why it is assumed lsu offered the most money

HoopsDawg
07-31-2022, 01:11 PM
Not sure why it is assumed lsu offered the most money

usually a safe assumption. if it was due to pitching coach, then that's a problem too.

KOdawg1
07-31-2022, 01:15 PM
Had nothing to do with money.
That's not true. Other factors definitely impacted it, but money absolutely played into the decision.

Coach34
07-31-2022, 03:10 PM
That's not true. Other factors definitely impacted it, but money absolutely played into the decision.

Exactly. Money is always a factor. It may not have the only reason- but it absolutely played a part.

Bothrops
08-01-2022, 10:39 PM
It wasn't about money, instead it was about money.

Patrick Tibbons
08-02-2022, 05:27 AM

Very rarely will someone come out and say they made their decision based on money. Look at pro free agents when they?ve been with a team their whole career then sign a massive contract with another team.

It?s always: ?Great organization with a culture around winning championships.?

?I?ve always wanted to play with ______ or play for ______.?

Etc etc.