PDA

View Full Version : Egg bowl intuition

gravedigger
11-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Been going since 1977. I don't have a good feeling about it

Their safeties come up well to stop the run.
Their lb's are quick.
Their pass defense was pretty good last night.

If they wake up and realize the quick passes to treadwell are the very thing we have the most trouble with, we will be in trouble.
They have more wr targets than we have effective coverage db's
Our kicking game is atrocious.

On the positive side, they don't cover mobile qb's well.

No matter how inspired we are playing, our one chance to win will be in how well we harass Wallace.

Barking 13
11-24-2013, 08:53 AM
I hope C Jones, PJ and Eulls have an awesome day on "sunshine"

starkvegasdawg
11-24-2013, 09:21 AM
One thing I took from last night is they have problems stopping a power running game. Several times they had chances to make plays behind or at the line and couldn't do it ending in nice runs. I think Robinson and Shumpert could have big days. I really think they could if Russell can play forcing them to respect the pass.

gravedigger
11-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Robinson and shumpert in the diamond formation would work. Perk showed yesterday he's a pass catching back. We also rolled out more. I've thought that was a key to effective passing for us.

One other thing that makes om vulnerable is over pursuit from their DL. If we can suck them in and throw the dump screens when the show all out blitz, we can hit them for big plays
I'm still concerned with their defensive speed, but if Williams can burn them with some early game throws it will slow them down.

If I'm Dan Mullen, I'm working on the passing game all day today and Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday would be for running. I'd also go no huddle to keep them from getting extra db's in the game on passing downs.

gravedigger
11-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Double post

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2013, 09:41 AM
I think this game is a complete wild-card. With Dak, I don't think OM is any better than us, and we would have advantage because I'm not sure they could stop Dak. However, with Williams, it's a different story, but one in which I don't think any of us can answer.

Williams looked good yesterday, but didn't do enough for anyone to get a real feel for what he can and can't do .

That being the case, our team should play with unrivaled passion and energy Thursday night, while I think OM may be a little flat to down, kinda like we were last year.

This game is a wild-card and we have nothing to lose. There are to many unknowns to really break it down. So I'm just going to watch, cheer hard, and hope for the best.

Saltydog
11-24-2013, 09:49 AM
nt

gravedigger
11-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Williams scored on a 25 yard run. I'd say that is plenty mobile.

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2013, 09:57 AM
I'm hoping that we go ground and pound with Williams/Robinson, and that the passion we play with will just put us over the top from a physicality standpoint.

This game is a wild-card, and we're playing for something and they aren't

BulldogBear
11-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Williams is a running threat, but until he gets going he is noticably slower than Dak. I guess you might say Dak is quicker. He hits the line quicker. I still think we have a better shot with a running QB than an injured TR

DawgsBite34
11-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Our DB's are good enough, they've gotten better each week. Tackling is the most important thing we do on defense this week. Should be every week but still. I think our front 4 is good enough to get to sunshine, ole miss's o line has not looked good recently. Even against troy. I think we have enough in our front 7 to make them one dimensional and make sunshine beat us throwing down the field, something they haven't done much of this year. Offensively, if Dan will stick to it, Williams and Robinson will give them fits. If Dak does play, have a feeling he just might, (Mullen usually never talks about injuries) then there is no doubt we will have our way with their defense. All the intangibles favor us. TSUN is walking into a hornets nest Thursday night

scottycameron
11-24-2013, 11:00 AM
WTF? We haven't lost an egg bowl in Starkville in 10 years. And that loss was the JWS last game where they had quit and OM had there best team maybe ever.
Look at the history. This isn't that hard.

gravedigger
11-24-2013, 11:04 AM
No previous year has one thing to do with this game. We had never won in ark, but we did. That is just superstition.