PDA

View Full Version : Well, well, well Corral says he took the "easy way out", lol....That's gotta sting

Saltydog
07-26-2022, 12:13 PM
just a bit to the confederate faithful.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/panthers-rookie-qb-matt-corral-153406772.html

BuckyIsAB****
07-26-2022, 01:16 PM
Wow. Weird take there.

DEDawg
07-26-2022, 01:47 PM
That?s bizarre. There must be some animosity from the injury or something

Hambone
07-26-2022, 02:06 PM
I didn’t get that at all from reading the article. He’s just stating he walked into a starting job vs going somewhere that he had to compete for the position.

Weird as hell that he would say anything, however.

Dawgfan77
07-26-2022, 02:27 PM
After the deal went down with the great ones kid in HS Mullen dropped him. He then showed up high to usc camp or official visit and at that time was dropped by USC. I thought ole miss was his only power 5 offer he had left.

Saltydog
07-26-2022, 02:42 PM
I didn?t get that at all from reading the article. He?s just stating he walked into a starting job vs going somewhere that he had to compete for the position.

The headline itself is somewhat "sensationalized" but he actually said he "took the easy way out". That may not be how he meant it but it is what he said.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-26-2022, 03:05 PM
just a bit to the confederate faithful.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/panthers-rookie-qb-matt-corral-153406772.html

Wait...didn't Plumlee start over him until Kiffin got there?

Hambone
07-26-2022, 03:26 PM
The headline itself is somewhat "sensationalized" but he actually said he "took the easy way out". That may not be how he meant it but it is what he said.

You said it the way I meant to. Thanks

Johnson85
07-26-2022, 03:46 PM
I didn’t get that at all from reading the article. He’s just stating he walked into a starting job vs going somewhere that he had to compete for the position.

I think it's just another sign of him not being bright. Whatever you feel about the place, that's where you played college and that's where generated a lot of goodwill amongst the fan base when people generally don't like you. What do you gain by burning some of that goodwill by implying you wish you had played somewhere else?

BuckyIsAB****
07-26-2022, 04:05 PM
It doesnt take a great football mind to run Kiffins offense. Easiest probably in the SECW

thf24
07-26-2022, 04:19 PM
It doesnt take a great football mind to run Kiffins offense. Easiest probably in the SECW

And despite that there were numerous reports over the last few years that Kiffin had to significantly reduce the responsibilities the QB typically has in his offense in order to accommodate Corral. If he had to have an already relatively easy college offense dumbed down for him, I don't think the challenges or lack thereof he faced at the previous level are the problem with learning an NFL playbook.

DownwardDawg
07-26-2022, 05:52 PM
After the deal went down with the great ones kid in HS Mullen dropped him. He then showed up high to usc camp or official visit and at that time was dropped by USC. I thought ole miss was his only power 5 offer he had left.

Who is "the great ones kid"? Maybe I'm having a brain fart but this post lost me.

No BS Dawg
07-26-2022, 05:58 PM
Who is "the great ones kid"? Maybe I'm having a brain fart but this post lost me.

Wayne Gretzky?s son

smootness
07-26-2022, 06:01 PM

He got in a fight with Wayne Gretzky's kid in HS.

LC Dawg
07-26-2022, 06:24 PM
Corral said if he had to do it again he would go somewhere else. I know the Rebs are trying to spin it but that's got to hurt.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-26-2022, 07:52 PM
He really didnt have many options.

Todd4State
07-26-2022, 08:27 PM

Going to Ole Miss to take the "easy way out" basically describes their entire student body from Texas and Georgia.

msudawg1200
07-27-2022, 05:39 AM
He really didnt have many options.

Yeah, I believe after the fight with little Gretzky, and then getting booted out of school left him with Ole Miss as his only major offer. He pretty much had to go there.

Maroonthirteen
07-27-2022, 07:12 AM
I didn?t get that at all from reading the article. He?s just stating he walked into a starting job vs going somewhere that he had to compete for the position.

Yeah. My impression as well. The title is misleading.

I'll say this. He was awful at the beginning of 2019. He wouldn't have played anywhere else for a few years.

TrapGame
07-27-2022, 08:28 AM
Going to Ole Miss to take the "easy way out" basically describes their entire student body from Texas and Georgia.

Dude when I was an 18 year old idiot breaking my momma's heart by going to ole miss to major in journalism (worst mistake of my life), I was sitting next to this fine ass blonde from Texas during orientation. We had to fill out a form that asked of all things what our parents did for a living. I looked over at hers' and her dad was the CEO of Exxon/Mobile. I got up the nerve to talk to her. She was a stereotypical bubble headed blonde. She had the sense God gave a cabbage. Body built for sin with a brain built for special ed.

FISHDAWG
07-27-2022, 11:06 AM
Dude when I was an 18 year old idiot breaking my momma's heart by going to ole miss to major in journalism (worst mistake of my life), I was sitting next to this fine ass blonde from Texas during orientation. We had to fill out a form that asked of all things what our parents did for a living. I looked over at hers' and her dad was the CEO of Exxon/Mobile. I got up the nerve to talk to her. She was a stereotypical bubble headed blonde. She had the sense God gave a cabbage. Body built for sin with a brain built for special ed.

Maybe she confused it with Harvard's South Campus **

TrapGame
07-27-2022, 11:14 AM
Maybe she confused it with Harvard's South Campus **

This chick was so dumb she couldn't spell Harvard. Based on our conversation she couldn't get into UT Austin. I guarantee you she married some pre-med or pre-law frat boy. Think Penny from Big Bang with 80's hair and dumber.

Saltydog
07-27-2022, 12:08 PM

That's the kind I like.......

BeardoMSU
07-27-2022, 12:34 PM
Body built for sin with a brain built for special ed.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3a/13/25/3a1325a35f4b877ad8f430aa747d8a9c.gif

ShotgunDawg
07-27-2022, 01:17 PM

Perhaps we should run a simpler offense then.

We said the same about Freeze's offense & look how good it was......

Maybe the simplicity of an offense is what makes it great

TrapGame
07-27-2022, 01:24 PM

Freeze also had some hella good receivers too. Bought and paid for.

ShotgunDawg
07-27-2022, 01:27 PM
Freeze also had some hella good receivers too. Bought and paid for.

That offense was good before they had a ton of talent.

Just saying that I think it's funny that we've multiple times now made fun of a simple offense that was top 5 in the country while our complicated offenses haven't been near as good.

TrapGame
07-27-2022, 01:39 PM
That offense was good before they had a ton of talent.

Just saying that I think it's funny that we've multiple times now made fun of a simple offense that was top 5 in the country while our complicated offenses haven't been near as good.

Like JoMo's Trigonometry On Grass offense.

Goldendawg
07-27-2022, 01:55 PM
Corral said if he had to do it again he would go somewhere else. I know the Rebs are trying to spin it but that's got to hurt.

This shouldn't surprise anyone that Corral was dumb enough to say it, but he was by no means a Rhodes Scholar. The majority of OM FB teams have been made up of mercenaries for many years and NIL/Transfer portal will only increase the %. Lack of loyalty to all schools will take a real hit in today's world. Some athletes still may have grown up a fan of a certain school, but first question will still be value of NIL deal$ now. P.S. Corral's tenure in NFL may be directly impacted by his ability to learn an NFL playbook, thus his statement he took easy way out to play in OM O. Decision is haunting him now as he is behind. My feelings for him are right down there with John Forcade! Hail State!

Pancho
07-27-2022, 02:27 PM
He'll have 3-5 years to learn the panthers system and by then they'll draft somebody else to play before him. Hope he can manage the money he makes simply observing.

QuadrupleOption
07-27-2022, 07:51 PM

We do. Leach's offense isn't complicated. They run a few sets and adjust kind of on the fly to what the defense is doing. Then they rep the hell out of it until all of them can do it in their sleep.
He kind of covers it in his book "Swing Your Sword." I recommend it if you haven't read it yet.

parabrave
07-27-2022, 08:28 PM

And how long have y'all been married.

TrapGame
07-27-2022, 08:51 PM
And how long have y'all been married.

LOL!! She was WAAAAAAAY out of my league. I married a State fan like me. I'm sure she's some bad ass Dallas cougar living off all her ex-husbands' money these days.