PDA

View Full Version : Another bad thing about NIL.

Offshore Dawg
07-23-2022, 11:24 AM
This could do away with scholarships, now just pay as many players as you want on your team. this will do away with the 85 limit the 25 per year.

MaroonFlounder
07-23-2022, 11:35 AM
This could do away with scholarships, now just pay as many players as you want on your team. this will do away with the 85 limit the 25 per year.

Not sure that is sustainable. So many wouldn't even care about the academic part of it.

Mike Leach is the only person I've heard come up with a brilliant plan to reward athletes if they stay in good standing academically and get their degree and $150K. The man is looked at as a buffoon by so many people, but I think he is brilliant. The world in general (not just sports environment) could learn to take him seriously and benefit from him, but they won't. Probably because he ain't woke enough.

DownwardDawg
07-23-2022, 11:53 AM
Not sure that is sustainable. So many wouldn't even care about the academic part of it.

Mike Leach is the only person I've heard come up with a brilliant plan to reward athletes if they stay in good standing academically and get their degree and $150K. The man is looked at as a buffoon by so many people, but I think he is brilliant. The world in general (not just sports environment) could learn to take him seriously and benefit from him, but they won't. Probably because he ain't woke enough.

Mike Leach is extremely intelligent. Way smarter than most people but his quirkiness and political stance makes people not take him seriously.

confucius say
07-23-2022, 12:13 PM
The plan is to do away with the 25 anyway.

The 85 cap should drop to 60-65. That would increase parity overnight.

TALL DAWG
07-24-2022, 12:02 PM
Whose plan is this?

HoopsDawg
07-24-2022, 12:09 PM
Whose plan is this?

The next 2 years there is no 25 cap which is awful for us.

DownwardDawg
07-24-2022, 12:32 PM
The next 2 years there is no 25 cap which is awful for us.

So back to the Bear Bryant days? Bama gonna stockpile 5 stars.

HoopsDawg
07-24-2022, 01:30 PM
So back to the Bear Bryant days? Bama gonna stockpile 5 stars.

Not quite. There is still an 85 cap. But yeah, not good. Wealthy teams will have no problem making room on the roster.

TheLostDawg
07-24-2022, 01:51 PM
Not quite. There is still an 85 cap. But yeah, not good. Wealthy teams will have no problem making room on the roster.

I agree. Bama not quite.
Bama is going to be lower upper class. Too many schools that have more money than Bama. They will be outbid until they just devote everything to football. That's why they better watch closely what's going on

confucius say
07-24-2022, 03:58 PM
There is a proposal from the rules committee to do away with the 25 cap permanently. Sign as many as you want yearly as long as your roster stays at 85.

Bothrops
07-24-2022, 04:49 PM
Mostly worried about having good players picked off our roster every year. If that shit starts happening I'm done.