PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Queen

Cowbell
07-19-2022, 08:40 PM
Coach leach is advocating for Mississippi Queen to be our new 4th quarter song.... I like it

parabrave
07-19-2022, 09:30 PM
Rather have Ike and Tina Rolling on the River. Think we can get the students, and old farts, to dance to that,

https://youtu.be/Uifuzx9TDVY

Bothrops
07-19-2022, 09:35 PM
Mississippi Queen has edgy riff to it.

parabrave
07-19-2022, 09:38 PM
Yep but we can get the dance squad to get on the field and do the Proud Mary dance. The opposing team will have their minds on something else beside football in the 4th.

Cooterpoot
07-19-2022, 11:05 PM
It's a hard pass for me dawg.

basedog
07-20-2022, 06:46 AM
I think having the dance team perform would be way more entertaining. The one the mascot lead the dance team one year was great during a timeout or end of the quarter.

KOdawg1
07-20-2022, 06:54 AM
That's a no from me.

I hate Don't stop believing but Mississippi queen kinda sucks too. Find something cooler or, hear me out, do nothing at all. If the game is close enough, the crowd will get hyped without a stupid song.

Let the band play or something

FISHDAWG
07-20-2022, 07:35 AM
Rather have Ike and Tina Rolling on the River. Think we can get the students, and old farts, to dance to that,

https://youtu.be/Uifuzx9TDVY

if you want to see old farts dance you have to go harder than Ike & Tina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Bg0jjJhgQ

Hot Rock
07-20-2022, 07:39 AM
I liked don't stop believing, it could be cool as freak at night with the phones lit up when the game situation is just right but only when it was just right. The rest of the time, it was just OK.

I didn't hate it or love it the majority of the time. It does suck being down 40 and that song breaks out but everything sucked at that point.

Mississippi Queen is a good choice for us old farts. I like it, it's got energy and fun. No matter what you pick, there will be some people that like it and others not so much.

I do like something that is ours and not just some random song playing.

TrapGame
07-20-2022, 08:39 AM
Mississippi Queen has edgy riff to it.

And a cowbell too.

tcdog70
07-20-2022, 08:54 AM
revolution by The Beatles or Let It Bleed by the Stones

starkvegasdawg
07-20-2022, 09:31 AM
Good Day by Ice Cube.

Extendedcab
07-20-2022, 09:38 AM
I liked Who Let The Dawgs Out - too old?

FISHDAWG
07-20-2022, 10:03 AM
I liked Who Let The Dawgs Out - too old?

too Georgian ... they've already done it

TheBigFunk
07-20-2022, 10:16 AM
No one should care what pumps up old people in the stands, it should be about picking music that pumps up the players in the most important part of the game.

msudawglb
07-20-2022, 10:17 AM
Rock The Bells - LL Cool J

Maroonthirteen
07-20-2022, 10:27 AM
do nothing at all. If the game is close enough, the crowd will get hyped without a stupid song.

Let the band play or something

This ^^^. Or just play whatever for the situation. It doesn't have to be a predetermined set song, every game.

Coach34
07-20-2022, 10:42 AM
We could replace it with the Benny Hill song for all I care- just get rid of Journey as the mantra. State is not a small town girl living in a lonely world.

TrapGame
07-20-2022, 10:49 AM
Enter Sandman or Master of Puppets.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-20-2022, 11:03 AM
We could replace it with the Benny Hill song for all I care- just get rid of Journey as the mantra. State is not a small town girl living in a lonely world.

And a town as small as Starkville certainly doesn't have a train I can get on at midnight that goes anywhere.

MedDawg
07-20-2022, 11:13 AM
too Georgian ... they've already done it

We did it first!

DownwardDawg
07-20-2022, 11:30 AM

Gotta be For whom the bell tolls if you go with Metallica.

Saltydog
07-20-2022, 11:51 AM
Good song but terrible idea. Not awe inspiring for the 4th Quarter of a football game.........

I'd go with something like:

Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
We will Rock you - Queen
Enter Sandman - Metallica
It's my life - Bon Jovi
Crazy Train - Ozzy
Back in Black - AC/DC
You've got another thing coming -Judas Priest (Always thought this would be a bad ass walk out song for a closer)

Oh so hot, no time to take a rest yeah
Act tough, ain't room for second best
Real strong, got me some security
Hey, I'm a big smash, I'm goin' for infinity yeah

If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by
You're thinkin' like a fool cause it's a case of "do or die"
Out there is a fortune waitin' to be had
You think I'll let it go? You're mad
You've got another thing comin'
You got another thing comin'

WCUdawg88
07-20-2022, 11:58 AM
Here me out.. you got the Air raid offense, you got Top Gun Maverick just come out. I say for at least this season, do the Top Gun Anthem song as the intro/highlights song leading up to the runout. Then for the 4th Qtr song, do Danger Zone. I think both would sound amazing with cowbells. Just a thought.

Pinto
07-20-2022, 12:06 PM
I had the same thoughts but know the Ath Dept will Cohen it up.

Here me out.. you got the Air raid offense, you got Top Gun Maverick just come out. I say for at least this season, do the Top Gun Anthem song as the intro/highlights song leading up to the runout. Then for the 4th Qtr song, do Danger Zone. I think both would sound amazing with cowbells. Just a thought.

Coach34
07-20-2022, 12:58 PM
Crazy Train is not a bad option

When The Levee Breaks by Zepp would be a good choice:

“Crying won’t help ya, praying won’t do you no good”

parabrave
07-20-2022, 01:49 PM
Van Hager or Van Halen, any song.

Goldendawg
07-20-2022, 03:23 PM
Stranglehold by Ted, if we are winning. Here I Go Again if losing.**

Summer of 79, riding around in my Z28 with friends listening to tunes on a Sunday afternoon. Friend stops me in his Berlinetta Camaro, says "Hey, listen to this, new band called Journey, sound like Bad Company",(No), and hands me their latest 8 track. Put it in player and after 5 minutes, run him down on the other side of our very small town and give it back! Have never liked Journey and especially that lame song. Time for an end of third period musical change!

Mjoelner34
07-20-2022, 04:10 PM

Obvious choice. Title: check, Cowbell: check, Rocking rhythm: check, Lyrics to offend blue hairs: check

I have wanted us to do a football promo to the instrumental of this forever! I also think it would be a good run-out song before the game.

BuckyIsAB****
07-20-2022, 04:19 PM

Its perfect. How can you not get behind Hair of the Dawg for the Dawgs?

That is a T Shirt waiting to sell

BuckyIsAB****
07-20-2022, 04:21 PM
Gotta be For whom the bell tolls if you go with Metallica.

That is the intro song for the team already

BuckyIsAB****
07-20-2022, 04:23 PM
Crazy Train is not a bad option

When The Levee Breaks by Zepp would be a good choice:

“Crying won’t help ya, praying won’t do you no good”

Great with the Levee I am out on crazy train. Most over rated song ever. Zakk Wyldde should claim that song not Ozzy he makes it.

BuckyIsAB****
07-20-2022, 04:24 PM
Hair of the Dawg by Nazareth or Fire it Up by Black Label Society

somebodyshotmypaw
07-20-2022, 04:24 PM
Let's play "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" **

BuckyIsAB****
07-20-2022, 04:30 PM
Nightmare Avenged Sevenfold

Saltydog
07-20-2022, 04:45 PM
Wrong answer Bucky. The legendary Randy Rhoads was the guitar player for Ozzy on Crazy Train and on all of his early albums (still his greatest works). He is considered one of the best rock guitarists of all time and takes a back seat to no one, not Wylde, not EVH. Tragically he was killed in an airplane crash in 1982. Brad Gillis (Night Ranger) finished up the tour and then Jake E. Lee took over.

BuckyIsAB****
07-20-2022, 04:45 PM

I am down with this as well. That would have me ready to go play

BuckyIsAB****
07-20-2022, 04:47 PM
Sorry Salty I did not know that. Well he should get credit for it then bc he makes the entire song. Only parts of it I care for anyway

Goldendawg
07-20-2022, 05:01 PM
Great with the Levee I am out on crazy train. Most over rated song ever. Zakk Wyldde should claim that song not Ozzy he makes it.

???? Randy Rhoads played lead on Crazy Train.

Goldendawg
07-20-2022, 05:04 PM
Obvious choice. Title: check, Cowbell: check, Rocking rhythm: check, Lyrics to offend blue hairs: check

I have wanted us to do a football promo to the instrumental of this forever! I also think it would be a good run-out song before the game.

Love Nazareth and if still had hair on top, it might be blue! Baby boomers love classic rock and will carry it to the grave. Might even mix in a few songs at the wake!

Bothrops
07-20-2022, 05:53 PM

Enter Sandman shouldn't exist to any rock or metal fan. Now Master of Puppets has potential. My pick would be Hell Awaits, but that would scare most of our own fans away from ever attending another game.

Goldendawg
07-20-2022, 06:08 PM
Enter Sandman shouldn't exist to any rock or metal fan. Now Master of Puppets has potential. My pick would be Hell Awaits, but that would scare most of our own fans away from ever attending another game.

Are you kidding? Most true State fans have suffered through more hell than heaven at our sporting events, especially FB!*****Hail State through thick and thin!

3rdGen
07-20-2022, 07:18 PM
Trap Game for the win baby!!! I wear my noise canceling ear buds when that shit that shall not be named comes on and listen to for whom the bell tolls. This version. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qdlQyNe_9tE

Thick
07-20-2022, 07:57 PM
Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit

Should be played in all sports, bc we are MSU??and we all want to beat the shit out of something or someone due to incredible frustration over many decades! Plus college sports is nothing but a huge shit show.

Saltydog
07-20-2022, 08:02 PM
Its perfect. How can you not get behind Hair of the Dawg for the Dawgs?

That is a T Shirt waiting to sell

Not family friendly enough for the blue hairs. No way they'd play it....

Saltydog
07-20-2022, 08:25 PM
There's no denying they are one of the great AOR and classic rock bands of all time. 19 top 40 hits, 25 gold or platinum albums and 100 million albums sold. That puts them in some elite company. Like it or not "DSB" is one of those songs that transcends generations. You immediately know the song when you hear the first couple of notes. It's one of the most downloaded songs ever and at one time was the single most downloaded. I believe it has like 7 million downloads on iTunes and 1 BILLION listens on Spotify. That's some serious air play. Plus, if you grew up in the 80's the girls loved the slow stuff and it put them in the mood if you know what I mean.

lastmajordog
07-20-2022, 08:39 PM
Mississippi Queen is strong song, but in light of the “sweet" narrative of the country now I don't think it might be the best choice for the DOGS. “Hell's Bell’s" I think would be an incredible 4th quarter song.....Just imagine Davis Wade being shaken to that intro......

TrapGame
07-20-2022, 08:51 PM
Mississippi Queen is strong song, but in light of the “sweet" narrative of the country now I don't think it might be the best choice for the DOGS. “Hell's Bell’s" I think would be an incredible 4th quarter song.....Just imagine Davis Wade being shaken to that intro......

Oh yeah, Hell's Bells has potential. I like it.

StarkVegasSteve
07-20-2022, 09:28 PM
Just do For My Dawgs by Waka and be done with. Players will be hype and students will be hype. I could give a crap if Jim Tom who has told the people in front of him to sit down the whole game is pissed.

Honestly if you play anything that will get the students and the players fired up, you are going to piss off 20-25% of the people in the stadium. And if you play whatever they think is a good song or they can pull their phone out and turn on the flashlight(DSB, Low Places, etc.) you can kiss the energy goodbye 95% of the time. Now the comeback to that will be well Bama plays Dixieland Delight, UGA plays Krypton, and LSU plays Louisiana Saturday Night. All of that is correct and they have also had those traditions for longer than 8 years. Hell as much as I may hate OM when they blast Throw It Up in that stadium it gets hype.

stickdawg
07-20-2022, 09:28 PM

https://youtu.be/3XHw8jxpgl4

Cowbell
07-20-2022, 09:35 PM

Best idea yet

Coach34
07-20-2022, 10:41 PM
There's no denying they are one of the great AOR and classic rock bands of all time. 19 top 40 hits, 25 gold or platinum albums and 100 million albums sold. That puts them in some elite company. Like it or not "DSB" is one of those songs that transcends generations. You immediately know the song when you hear the first couple of notes. It's one of the most downloaded songs ever and at one time was the single most downloaded. I believe it has like 7 million downloads on iTunes and 1 BILLION listens on Spotify. That's some serious air play. Plus, if you grew up in the 80's the girls loved the slow stuff and it put them in the mood if you know what I mean.

Journey is solid and the song is a good one. It is NOT however a song to play at a football game to inspire your team. It's terrible

BeardoMSU
07-20-2022, 10:44 PM
Wrong answer Bucky. The legendary Randy Rhoads was the guitar player for Ozzy on Crazy Train and on all of his early albums (still his greatest works). He is considered one of the best rock guitarists of all time and takes a back seat to no one, not Wylde, not EVH. Tragically he was killed in an airplane crash in 1982. Brad Gillis (Night Ranger) finished up the tour and then Jake E. Lee took over.

You are correct in everything. However, I'd like to add...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b4/05/66/b40566903f2f13c120ed3f938409c4a2.jpg

BeardoMSU
07-20-2022, 10:47 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/KlutzySaltyIndianrhinoceros-size_restricted.gif

parabrave
07-21-2022, 03:20 AM
You are correct in everything. However, I'd like to add...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b4/05/66/b40566903f2f13c120ed3f938409c4a2.jpg

And he thought Duane Allman was the best.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTx1eM2UpRD47FAfhVOoFyiEvQ3R1t0D lM7Jg&usqp=CAU

And always

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsT59sw0lged42WLKVDnXIW7H9wdvyT tPcdQ&usqp=CAU

RIP Duane Allman

Saltydog
07-21-2022, 07:30 AM
Clapton was once asked, "How does it feel to be the best the world's best guitar player"? His response, "IDK, ask Prince".....

HoopsCoach21
07-21-2022, 08:45 AM
https://youtu.be/3XHw8jxpgl4

This is great. Maybe not for the 4th qtr song but would be a fun for an intro or pregame.

tcdog70
07-21-2022, 11:13 AM
we need to send a message starting the 4th---"It's all over now" Stones

Dawgpile
07-21-2022, 07:18 PM
Rollin' (Air Raid Mix)

https://youtu.be/U_C5Xh6R7tQ

Santiago
07-22-2022, 10:26 AM
Blues Brothers - Everybody needs somebody --- Just because that chorus would be the entire stadium. Akin to Jump Around, to get the crowd yelling.
This chorus back and forth across the stadium would be loud and cool.

https://youtu.be/EHV0zs0kVGg

basedog
07-22-2022, 11:55 AM
Why not be more family like with a song all ages get into, even the drunk students, old blue hairs and of course the Ladies. I would have the dance squad come out and do...... Y M C A and let the dance squad perform. Laugh all you want but let's put PG 13 in the house, LOL!