PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Concepts

Lord McBuckethead
07-15-2022, 09:08 AM
So is Chillibilly still alive? Haven?t seen his yearly, ?this is what we should do? post. Adidas should just hire him to design our uniforms and be done with it. The best uniform we have had in recent years was the Sonny Montgomery uni. Loved the STATE across the chest.

SilentSteel16
07-15-2022, 10:13 AM
Amen…. That was the best uniform we have ever worn. It was a home run and was a great tip of the cap to the AF. I wish I could buy the helmet.

TheLostDawg
07-15-2022, 11:07 AM
https://www.hailstateunis.com/2018-football-season/mississippi-state-wears-statesman-alternate-uniforms-in-52-6-trashing-of-arkansas

For those who need a refresher

Leeshouldveflanked
07-15-2022, 11:30 AM
If we had someone in our marketing with a vision we should try to market the heck out of STATE

NCDawg
07-15-2022, 12:10 PM
I don't like Texas A&M but I do like their new uniforms. Very simple- Maroon jerseys, white pants, maroon helmet at home. White on white, maroon helmet on the road. Like we had in the Tyler years.

DeltaSwamp
07-15-2022, 12:13 PM
Personally id like to see mossy oak create a alternate football kind of like they did for baseball. itd be cool and there is probably some nil money in there for those that are smarter than me to know how that works, itd be sweet

Catfish
07-15-2022, 12:40 PM
I love STATE across the chest.

TheLostDawg
07-15-2022, 04:30 PM
Personally id like to see mossy oak create a alternate football kind of like they did for baseball. itd be cool and there is probably some nil money in there for those that are smarter than me to know how that works, itd be sweet

Would be cool.

Tater
07-15-2022, 04:34 PM
Take out the banner Mississippi State on the chest and replace it with a White block STATE like on the Montgomery jerseys for the MoverS helmet look and that's our best uni combo.

Though personally I'd love a white hat, maroon sticker version of it too. White/Maroon/White or Gray is my personal favorite combo. 2020 LSU, our unis looked so good.

Goldendawg
07-15-2022, 06:40 PM
Wow, I'm the 10th post and get to be the 1st to say: "I don't care what we wear long as we win or I'm good long as the players like the uniforms." JMO, but I have never liked the MState banner. Can we not have the interlocking MSU helmet and Jackie era uni's on a throwback theme game every once in a while. We've certainly wore all kinds of uniforms, good and bad except them. Hail State and don't tell me it's owned by Montana State or someone!

KOdawg1
07-15-2022, 06:47 PM
Yeah, we should brand ourselves as "State."

That's what a lot of people call us anyway

Goldendawg
07-15-2022, 06:54 PM
Yeah, we should brand ourselves as "State."

That's what a lot of people call us anyway

And how we reply ourselves. Has any State grad ever been asked where he or she went to school and replied "MState"? No, you reply State or Mississippi State. OM comes out with their "M" and we come late to the party and put the State banner across it. Most of the country doesn't know who either are. Hail State not Hail MState!

SilentSteel16
07-15-2022, 06:57 PM
That is what alot of people around MS call us. I have traveled around a lot and I have to say that Michigan State goes by State in a lot more states than we do. They pretty much wear state on most of their uniforms. I think there might be some regional bias involved here.

Goldendawg
07-15-2022, 07:07 PM
That is what alot of people around MS call us. I have traveled around a lot and I have to say that Michigan State goes by State in a lot more states than we do. They pretty much wear state on most of their uniforms. I think there might be some regional bias involved here.

100%. No one in the Southeast thinks Michigan State when "State" is mentioned in regard to college athletics or our educational programs.

WhiskeyPirate
07-15-2022, 07:13 PM
I love STATE across the chest.

Agree, another vote to get rid of the banner and go with State

SilentSteel16
07-15-2022, 07:21 PM
Agree, another vote to get rid of the banner and go with State

AMEN. Especially with it (banner) not even being centered properly.

schddog72
07-15-2022, 07:35 PM
I don't like Texas A&M but I do like their new uniforms. Very simple- Maroon jerseys, white pants, maroon helmet at home. White on white, maroon helmet on the road. Like we had in the Tyler years.

If you Google the 2022 unis, you will also see white helmets (YUCK!!) and maroon pants (love 'em).

Goldendawg
07-15-2022, 08:56 PM
If you Google the 2022 unis, you will also see white helmets (YUCK!!) and maroon pants (love 'em).

I'm with you, hate white helmets. Would only wear on road and only if home team is wearing dark helmets.

Quaoarsking
07-15-2022, 09:11 PM
According to Google Trends: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=state%20football&geo=US

"State" is used most often by Ohio, Iowa, Mississippi, Michigan, Idaho. However, all of those are adjusted for population, meaning Michigan is going to be ahead of us and Pennsylvania too.

StarkVegasSteve
07-15-2022, 10:11 PM

Not just no. But absolutely 17 no. No recruit that we might actually want to play for us is going to see us come out in camo, CAMO, uniforms and think damn I really want to go play for that school.

WhiskeyPirate
07-15-2022, 10:48 PM
According to Google Trends: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=state%20football&geo=US

"State" is used most often by Ohio, Iowa, Mississippi, Michigan, Idaho. However, all of those are adjusted for population, meaning Michigan is going to be ahead of us and Pennsylvania too.

I’m not buying that. Nobody calls Iowa state “state”, and I never hear the Ohio state univ called “state” either. MSU gets confused at times.

viverlibre
07-15-2022, 11:23 PM
I’m not buying that. Nobody calls Iowa state “state”, and I never hear the Ohio state univ called “state” either. MSU gets confused at times.

Of course not. We are STATE and should brand ourselves that way. Michigan State may also be "state," (i have no idea) but our paths rarely cross. NC State and Oklahoma State are not commonly referred to as "state." Mississippi is just too long of a word and doesn't roll off the tongue.

Tater
07-15-2022, 11:39 PM
Not just no. But absolutely 17 no. No recruit that we might actually want to play for us is going to see us come out in camo, CAMO, uniforms and think damn I really want to go play for that school.

To be fair, they wouldn't be able to see us in the uniforms. Leach would go for it for the competitive advantage.

starkvegasdawg
07-15-2022, 11:47 PM
I think we should take a cue from Jules in Pulp Fiction and use what he had on his wallet. Imagine this across the chest of our uniforms.

https://www.fromthemovie.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Pulp-Fiction-Bad-Mother-Fcker-Mofo-Text-Wallet.jpg

Quaoarsking
07-16-2022, 09:19 AM

I think I agree with you on Ohio State (and Ohio may be dark due to Michigan State fans living in Ohio?), but I did have it in my mind that Iowa State goes by "State" up there.

DeltaSwamp
07-16-2022, 11:05 AM

have you seen our croots? I am not sure you have we get them meat and tater boys and theyd love it we dont have to wear them every game. it wouldnt be a turnoff for one game

WhiskeyPirate
07-16-2022, 09:43 PM
I think I agree with you on Ohio State (and Ohio may be dark due to Michigan State fans living in Ohio?), but I did have it in my mind that Iowa State goes by "State" up there.

I lived in Iowa for 3 years and never heard it even one time

Catfish
07-16-2022, 09:48 PM
I don't think any of this matters. The SEC knows who STATE is, Mississippi State!!!!

Coach34
07-16-2022, 09:57 PM
In my 53 years on this Earth- I've never heard us referred to as "M-State"

I do live in Louisiana and they call us State or Miss State.
I went to the beach in Gulf Shores and the day I wore a maroon shirt? People interacted with me as "**** State" or "Screw those Bulldogs"

We are STATE....we will never be MState

Catfish
07-16-2022, 10:19 PM

I went to the beach in Gulf Shores and the day I wore a maroon shirt? People interacted with me as "**** State" or "Screw those Bulldogs"

Agreed

starkvegasdawg
07-17-2022, 09:31 AM

I hope you replied back that you can't **** State because your mom is too busy doing that right now. She started with the basketball team and has currently made it to the backups of the football team.

Coach34
07-17-2022, 10:06 AM
My reply was "go back to the doublewide methhead"

HoopsDawg
07-17-2022, 10:28 AM
Our helmets are trash. Got to upgrade. Recruits and fans care about this.

Goldendawg
07-17-2022, 01:54 PM
Our helmets are trash. Got to upgrade. Recruits and fans care about this.

The MState logo has been plastered everywhere except for baseball. I went to Mississippi State or just State when asked. In conversation about our school or its athletics, I have never heard anyone reference MState this or MState that. It is one of the worse logos in the SEC. Even the Flying M would say more. I have never liked the MState. What is its history and who made the decision for the change? I know a little and I don't think it was ever fan or alumni driven. Hail State, MSU, and Mississippi State University!

Catfish
07-17-2022, 03:11 PM
The MState logo has been plastered everywhere except for baseball. I went to Mississippi State or just State when asked. In conversation about our school or its athletics, I have never heard anyone reference MState this or MState that. It is one of the worse logos in the SEC. Even the Flying M would say more. I have never liked the MState. What is its history and who made the decision for the change? I know a little and I don't think it was ever fan or alumni driven. Hail State, MSU, and Mississippi State University!

Good post.

TheLostDawg
07-17-2022, 03:12 PM

Always heard it was Templeton that did it

State82
07-17-2022, 05:04 PM
Always heard it was Templeton that did it

I have no idea who was responsible, but it was a very dumb idea so that makes sense.

TheLostDawg
07-17-2022, 05:34 PM
https://www.hailstateunis.com/football-uniform-history.html

Seems placed on football helmet 2004

KOdawg1
07-17-2022, 05:47 PM
Our logo sucks. Looks like a butterfly. I get that it's been marketed everywhere for awhile now, but sometimes a re-branding is needed.

Whether it be the interlocking logo, m over s, or something new, this needs to be done.

Goldendawg
07-18-2022, 02:25 PM
Our logo sucks. Looks like a butterfly. I get that it's been marketed everywhere for awhile now, but sometimes a re-branding is needed.

Whether it be the interlocking logo, m over s, or something new, this needs to be done.

ASAP!

Goldendawg
07-18-2022, 02:35 PM
I have no idea who was responsible, but it was a very dumb idea so that makes sense.

I read somewhere that Richard Williams designed it on a napkin, no kidding. Is there a real story somewhere? I also read there was a goal of blanket use by all sports and baseball pitched a fit, thus saving the MS. People who loved and love other sports should also speak up and bring overdue change. Story is around we lost the interlocking MSU when we dropped Nike or they dropped us. Heard Montana State owned it. Can't tell me it can't be used with some adjustments. Ole Miss was using the "M" before us and we throw a State Banner across it. I graduated from State or Mississippi State, not MState!

Goldendawg
07-18-2022, 02:43 PM
https://www.hailstateunis.com/football-uniform-history.html

Seems placed on football helmet 2004

Thanks, read it all. Still can't believe NIKE could own all variations of the interlocking MSU.

Santiago
07-18-2022, 04:13 PM
I read somewhere that Richard Williams designed it on a napkin, no kidding. Is there a real story somewhere? I also read there was a goal of blanket use by all sports and baseball pitched a fit, thus saving the MS. People who loved and love other sports should also speak up and bring overdue change. Story is around we lost the interlocking MSU when we dropped Nike or they dropped us. Heard Montana State owned it. Can't tell me it can't be used with some adjustments. Ole Miss was using the "M" before us and we throw a State Banner across it. I graduated from State or Mississippi State, not MState!

I think more of that story was Richard was friends with the track coach and went out to see a meet and Marshall was there. The idea came from Marshall Track with the banner. We contacted Marshall , I think, regarding that.
But either case we took it from seeing Marshall use the clip art.

Santiago
07-18-2022, 04:13 PM
Of course not. We are STATE and should brand ourselves that way. Michigan State may also be "state," (i have no idea) but our paths rarely cross. NC State and Oklahoma State are not commonly referred to as "state." Mississippi is just too long of a word and doesn't roll off the tongue.

'Sip State'

Santiago
07-18-2022, 04:16 PM

Flying M would be great for some uses. We don't have to plaster it everywhere, but use it more strategically for connection with academics also.
State is a good one, and the M over S.
I still think the Flying M, modify it to be a little large on the helmets, and put it on a maroon helmet and it would look cool some games with our air raid offense.

lastmajordog
07-18-2022, 05:11 PM
The MS / MSU helmets of the Threadgill, Bond era and the simple white jersey white tog / maroon jersey uni’s were and are still incredible.The matte helmets, camouflage, black influx is ridiculous. Maroon/ white are the DOGS colors......period.

ImissCityBagel
07-18-2022, 08:14 PM

Please no

Todd4State
07-19-2022, 12:02 AM
Thanks, read it all. Still can't believe NIKE could own all variations of the interlocking MSU.

I mean it's not surprising that they would own our 1990's version of the interlocking MSU. That doesn't mean that Adidas couldn't come up with their own. And I'm not blaming Adidas- I believe they were given marching orders from MSU. There are several variations of an interlocking MSU logo and a M-State logo.

I think both could co-exist. This branding silliness needs to stop as it hasn't worked as evidenced by the fact that even the Clarion-Ledger can't keep us straight.

Lord McBuckethead
07-19-2022, 10:29 AM

Who gives two shits what other people call their university. If you polled 1000 people in Mississippi that pay attention to college sports to name the three big Universities in the State of Mississippi they tell you Ole Miss, State or MSU, and Southern Miss