PDA

View Full Version : Heresay of Florida State, Clemson, North Carolina and Virginia joining the SEC

ScubaDawg
07-07-2022, 04:12 PM
https://dailycaller.com/2022/07/07/sec-north-carolina-florida-state-clemson-virginia-negotiations/

https://www.si.com/college/fsu/football/report-florida-state-among-multiple-teams-expected-to-join-sec

Remains to be seen if this will become a thing. Not a fan though.

ImissCityBagel
07-08-2022, 02:13 PM
I want us to just stay the same. Also, who wants to be around FSU fans?

Saltydog
07-08-2022, 02:44 PM
They're better than Texas fans that's for damn sure. I've never seen such an egotistical fan base as UT and they aren't even any good at the sport they boast about the most, football. I will say this though, they are recruiting at an extremely high level and I do expect them to get better. FSU fans aren't as bad as UF fans either, at least from my interactions with them. Of course, we haven't been in the same conference with them either.

Goldendawg
07-08-2022, 02:53 PM
I think we could regularly beat 3 of this 4, not Clemson. When OK and TX join and perhaps others later, would love to see schedule that retains true rivals (OM for us) and rotate every other team. I am a 55 model and sick of playing Alabama!

Catfish
07-08-2022, 03:06 PM
I think we could regularly beat 3 of this 4, not Clemson. When OK and TX join and perhaps others later, would love to see schedule that retains true rivals (OM for us) and rotate every other team. I am a 55 model and sick of playing Alabama!

Good post. I like the idea of rotating every other team.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-08-2022, 03:37 PM
Can someone ask Danny Kanell why Auburn, Florida, Alabama, and Georgia aren't trying to leave the SEC and join the ACC?

DownwardDawg
07-08-2022, 04:58 PM

I could care less if we ever play ole miss again in any sport. I love the idea of a constant rotation of schedule.

Homedawg
07-08-2022, 06:00 PM
Can someone ask Danny Kanell why Auburn, Florida, Alabama, and Georgia aren't trying to leave the SEC and join the ACC?

Proves a clown w a keyboard can still get a job. Awful

schddog72
07-08-2022, 06:32 PM

Get real. We would realistically be about 50/50 with UNC and UVA. We would be about 35/65 against FSU on a going forward basis. Clemson, no chance. Would be just about equivalent to playing Bama every year. We would be more competitive against Clemson with respect to scoring margin, but it might be close once every 10 games. I'm sorry, but these teams are equal to or better than us.

I do, however, agree with you totally about playing Bama every dang year!!

Coach34
07-08-2022, 07:53 PM
We are going to be everybody's Homecoming again before long

coachnorm
07-08-2022, 10:05 PM

The Disney/ESPN Conference payout will be huge. The ACC payouts are a lot less than the Disney/ESPN conference. I think that Disney/ESPN conference is preparing to take an adverse position against whats left of the ACC if it impedes its plan for P2 super conference. There is a possibility that ESPN might do something monetarily painful to the ACC in the future?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyPC4YyLi8M