PDA

View Full Version : Anyone surprised Dakota Jordan enrolled today?

Hambone
07-06-2022, 05:31 PM
Is he expected to contribute this upcoming season? Seems like there was legitimate interest from MLB teams.

WinningIsRelentless
07-06-2022, 05:32 PM
Is he expected to contribute this upcoming season? Seems like there was legitimate interest from MLB teams.

It doesn?t mean he can?t withdraw.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-06-2022, 05:40 PM
They can withdraw at any time. They are working plan B if the draft $ arent what they think they should be.

Coach34
07-06-2022, 05:51 PM
Yeah- this is a shot at MLB to get the money right

Offshore Dawg
07-06-2022, 06:03 PM
Just in case he doesn't like his MLB offer.

Hambone
07-06-2022, 06:04 PM
So then why wouldn’t he enroll at JUCO so he could go next year if he had a good season?

Isn’t he ties to State until he’s 21?

viverlibre
07-06-2022, 06:09 PM
So then why wouldn’t he enroll at JUCO so he could go next year if he had a good season?

To play in front of some of the biggest crowds in college baseball? To get some higher level coaching, training, development? To have the chance to win a natty? To bang good looking chicks?

Offshore Dawg
07-06-2022, 06:12 PM

Play your guitar on MTV and your chicks for free,

Commercecomet24
07-06-2022, 06:35 PM
Don't know if he's gonna get the money he wants this year. Give State a couple years and get better and improve his draft stock. I think he'll be at State but with the way mlb teams configure their slot money who knows.

Cooterpoot
07-06-2022, 06:55 PM
If he's going to MLB, it won't be for huge money. His stock is down a bit from where it was a couple years ago.

Commercecomet24
07-06-2022, 06:56 PM
If he's going to MLB, it won't be for huge money. His stock is down a bit from where it was a couple years ago.

Yeah I've heard same.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-06-2022, 07:26 PM
I think he is already 19 so if he does come to MSU he could be drafted again after 2 seasons. If he doesnt get offered the $ that he is looking for he can make some NIL and play in the SEC 2 seasons.

Commercecomet24
07-06-2022, 07:30 PM
I think he is already 19 so if he does come to MSU he could be drafted again after 2 seasons. If he doesnt get offered the $ that he is looking for he can make some NIL and play in the SEC 2 seasons.

Right that's looking like the plan. Be good for him and us.

Todd4State
07-06-2022, 08:06 PM

Partially because he's draft eligible in two years anyway and Co-Lin doesn't have the NIL we do. A player is much better off going to a SEC school for three years than a JUCO because their odds of making it in MLB is better and as far as the draft going to MSU gives him more leverage than going to EMCC or wherever.

confucius say
07-06-2022, 08:14 PM
He's been very vocal for the last month that he is going to play at state.

The Federalist Engineer
07-06-2022, 08:57 PM
It doesn?t mean he can?t withdraw.

I don't recall the last kid to enroll and then leave, after the draft.

Not disagreeing that it can happen, just don't recall that happening

Of course the draft used to be one-month earlier. Used to be in the middle of Omaha.

Did Brady Loftin and Ross Highfill enroll? Would be great to have these three Mississippi guys enrolled and on campus.

Commercecomet24
07-06-2022, 10:03 PM

Of course the draft used to be one-month earlier. Used to be in the middle of Omaha.

Did Brady Loftin and Ross Highfill enroll? Would be great to have these three Mississippi guys enrolled and on campus.

Yeah loftin and Highfill both enrolled.

Todd4State
07-06-2022, 11:16 PM

Probably Kirk Presley. Which was a crock because for some reason MLB literally changed their own rules so that he would sign with the Mets. He was not only on campus- it was after the signing deadline.

Todd4State
07-06-2022, 11:21 PM

The only one that didn't that I'm aware of is Jett Williams. Which is not a shock. He's projected to go between the 20-26th pick.

Colby Holcombe also showed up to campus.

Draft is July 17-19th and the deadline to sign is August 1st.

By August 2 we should pretty much know what our team looks like from all standpoints. Recruits, seniors potentially returning, guys from the portal- although I guess Skenes could technically announce after August 1 and that's probably more of an issue of when classes start at MSU. My guess is he'll announce sometime around July 20-31 though.

Pancho
07-07-2022, 05:50 AM
what are the chances that Clijinte remains enrolled?

MetEdDawg
07-07-2022, 06:27 AM
He's been very vocal for the last month that he is going to play at state.

This. His social media has been all about coming to MSU. I think he's one that stays on campus. If we were to get everyone but Jett, that would be absolute major kudos to Lemonis. Loftin, Highfill, Jordan, Cijntje and a couple others are guys you can build Omaha around.

StateDawg44
07-07-2022, 07:27 AM

There is a real chance maybe. Supposedly, his parents are big on getting an education also.

Todd4State
07-07-2022, 07:28 AM

If I had to guess- 85% chance he goes to MSU. That might be pessimistic.

MedDawg
07-07-2022, 09:15 AM

I guess the rules have changed. Used to be the MLB drafting team would court a draftee during the summer but the day he enrolled in college (or attended class) it was over with and the player was not going (could not go?) to MLB.

Todd4State
07-07-2022, 12:23 PM
I guess the rules have changed. Used to be the MLB drafting team would court a draftee during the summer but the day he enrolled in college (or attended class) it was over with and the player was not going (could not go?) to MLB.

Yeah. That was the rule but they changed that awhile ago.

Coach34
07-07-2022, 12:36 PM
LSU had a QB sign and enroll under Miles only to be drafted by MLB and bolt. Was from the Dallas area

Lord McBuckethead
07-07-2022, 03:49 PM
The baseball draft is stupid in this one way. Either the kid should be declared and have to go to the MLB if drafted, or come to school and not have that choice for 3 years. The simple fact that teams have to waste a pick on a guy that can just decide not to go is dumb. At least, a person that declares draft eligible, should have to go to MLB if taken in the top 10 rounds or something.

I will add, regardless of league, if the player is not drafted they should be allowed to return to school if they are still in good academic standing, regardless.

AROB44
07-07-2022, 04:11 PM
When did they change the rule that once a player started classes, he was in for 3 years unless he transferred to a JC?

Commercecomet24
07-07-2022, 04:52 PM
When did they change the rule that once a player started classes, he was in for 3 years unless he transferred to a JC?

It's 3 years or 21 years old.

Coach34
07-07-2022, 05:42 PM

Over a decade ago

https://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2010/6/8/1508119/lsu-football-signee-zach-lee

Zach Lee went to school at LSU in the summer of 2010 and then bolted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zach_Lee