PDA

View Full Version : Last member of Band of Brothers dies?from MS

IMissJack
07-06-2022, 10:10 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/bradford-freeman-last-band-of-brothers-survivor-has-died/2022/07/05/b688139c-fcc6-11ec-b39d-71309168014b_story.html

Jack Lambert
07-06-2022, 11:19 AM
There was a story about him a month ago in Military Times.

IMissJack
07-06-2022, 11:39 AM
https://www.msstate.edu/newsroom/article/2022/07/bradford-freeman-former-msu-student-and-last-surviving-member-band?fbclid=IwAR1UQQ4fr1vbYMNQVklOPJXHuVF8OL6nP3yq SB8wfRK--pa38pp8rhCvQwU&fs=e&s=cl

Lord McBuckethead
07-06-2022, 12:03 PM
That is sad. What a beast of a man.

BrunswickDawg
07-06-2022, 12:29 PM
I have always hated the "Greatest Generation" moniker because I don't think it really captured what that generation went through. It turned them into a sound bite that didn't do them justice.

I spent a lot of time growing up with my grandfather and his brothers. They were damned superheroes. They could fix anything, grow anything, fly or drive anything, excel at any sport, out drink you, win every bet, beat you senseless, and take your best girl and make you like it. And that is when I knew them in their 50s-70s after they had all been married and had kids and grandkids. They were hell on wheels in their teens and 20s, and shoved it right up Hitler and Tojo's asses.

I miss them every day.

Commercecomet24
07-06-2022, 12:33 PM
I have always hated the "Greatest Generation" moniker because I don't think it really captured what that generation went through. It turned them into a sound bite that didn't do them justice.

I spent a lot of time growing up with my grandfather and his brothers. They were damned superheroes. They could fix anything, grow anything, fly or drive anything, excel at any sport, out drink you, win every bet, beat you senseless, and take your best girl and make you like it. And that is when I knew them in their 50s-70s after they had all been married and had kids and grandkids. They were hell on wheels in their teens and 20s, and shoved it right up Hitler and Tojo's asses.

I miss them every day.

Great post as always, Bruns! I grew up the same way and around the same type of folks, and as you said I miss them everyday!

RIP Mr. Freeman and thank you for your service!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrunswickDawg again.