PDA

View Full Version : Arnett Signs ExtentionT

Goldendawg
06-30-2022, 08:58 PM
Thoughts, opinions, or just SOP with State of MS. 4 year limit on contracts? I like stability as long as continued success comes with it.

R2Dawg
06-30-2022, 09:01 PM
Thoughts, opinions, or just SOP with State of MS. 4 year limit on contracts? I like stability as long as continued success comes with it.

I assume his extension is linked to Leach? I'm OK with Arnett extension. We need the D to take a step this year too.

Goldendawg
06-30-2022, 09:17 PM
I assume his extension is linked to Leach? I'm OK with Arnett extension. We need the D to take a step this year too.

Recent free article about it on Gene's Page. I want continued improvement of offense with the hard nosed defense we have been known for over the years. Add a revamped, successful special teams unit and I see a good year even with a very tough schedule. Hail State!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-30-2022, 10:20 PM

I think I like him and I think I've seen improvement, but it's not definitive. Several CFB analytics have him as a lower tier DC. We have the d-line talent to create some havoc and I like the change with him to safeties. Let's see if we can get some QB pressure this year and generate more TO's.

FISHDAWG
07-01-2022, 07:39 AM
folks can say what they want about Leach but at least he can retain a good DC ... and that's something Mullen couldn't do here

Johnson85
07-01-2022, 08:54 AM

I'm good with extending arnett. Think he has been good but even if he's been average, we just need some continuity for a time.

As far as the 4 year limit on contracts, I was under the impression that neither state nor ole miss would offer assistants more than a 2 year contract. Not sure if I pulled that idea out of my ass or what.

TrapGame
07-01-2022, 09:15 AM
folks can say what they want about Leach but at least he can retain a good DC ... and that's something Mullen couldn't do here

Leach has a coaching tree. Dan doesn't.

DownwardDawg
07-01-2022, 09:20 AM

Yeah. I spent an hour or so around Dan. I couldn't imagine working with him.

FISHDAWG
07-01-2022, 09:26 AM
Leach has a coaching tree. Dan doesn't.

Dan has more like a sprout ... it was Manny Diaz but it withered quickly :)

DownwardDawg
07-01-2022, 09:28 AM

Hahaha!!

TrapGame
07-01-2022, 10:09 AM

LOL! I guess we could throw Geoff Collins in there too but I doubt he wants to associated with Dan.

Commercecomet24
07-01-2022, 11:27 AM
Yeah. I spent an hour or so around Dan. I couldn't imagine working with him.

This big time.