PDA

View Full Version : Billy Napier writes a letter apologizing to gators fans for, recruiting

ImissCityBagel
06-24-2022, 10:33 AM
Post because I and a lot of other fans wanted Napier all way back in 2017.

Billy Napier writes a letter apologizing to gators fans for, recruiting

After a perceived disastrous day on the recruiting trail, Florida Gators head coach Billy Napier penned an open letter to Gator Nation. The letter will also be sent to boosters and season ticket holders, as well as appear in the Sunday edition of the Gainesville Sun.

One of the top uncommitted prospects in the country is quarterback Jaden Rashada. The talented passer took an official visit to Florida and the Gators were trending to land his signature. Rashada was scheduled to announce his college commitment on June 18, following an official visit to Florida. He pushed that date back and took an official visit to Miami.

One thing we have learned in the past six months is that Gators are resilient and passionate. In all kinds of weather.

I can assure you that no one has higher expectations for what we want to accomplish than me.

This will be a team effort. All of us, no matter what our role is, can make a positive impact in the success of our program. From our students cheering their loudest on Saturdays at The Swamp, to our boosters, alumni and everyday fans: We all must have a championship approach in all that we do.

You are part of this team, and we can't wait to see you at The Swamp this fall as we embark on the journey to our new future.

https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-gators/news/billy-napier-pens-an-open-letter-to-gators-fans/

Um...a tough look IMO.

DownwardDawg
06-24-2022, 10:35 AM
I've never understand the love for him. Meh....

BrunswickDawg
06-24-2022, 10:47 AM
If he is already reacting to recruiting whims and booster pressure like this, he won't last any longer than Mullen, Sharkf***er, or Boom did.

ImissCityBagel
06-24-2022, 10:59 AM
If he is already reacting to recruiting whims and booster pressure like this, he won't last any longer than Mullen, Sharkf***er, or Boom did.

TBO after Mullen had them in Atlanta and with a heisman worthy QB.....to be thrown under the bus...why would he want to coach there? That is a place that no coach enjoys being at.

TrapGame
06-24-2022, 11:04 AM
Jeez, he sounds like a fired coach already.

RiverCityDawg
06-24-2022, 11:20 AM
Talk about a fan base being mentally owned by their rival. Georgia gets a ton of positive pub for their recruiting, which obviously led to a championship, so Florida fans are obsessed with recruiting. Fired their coach over it since he was "only" in the top 10-12 instead of the top 5.

Cooterpoot
06-24-2022, 11:41 AM
Never apologize. It's a sign of weakness.

Bert Stare
06-24-2022, 12:18 PM
sounds like a smokescreen to me 🤷*♀️

Leeshouldveflanked
06-24-2022, 12:30 PM
Never apologize. It's a sign of weakness.
Amen Cooterpoot!

dawgman42
06-24-2022, 12:52 PM
sounds like a smokescreen to me ��*♀️

^^^^^^Would certainly know a lot about that.

Tbonewannabe
06-24-2022, 01:03 PM
I wonder if it is a shot to the booster like Saban just did. Little Nicky doesn't like getting outbid and he let the alumni and fans know it in a back handed kind of way. Napier using the same tactic since he learned under Saban.

PGHBulldogBG
06-24-2022, 01:07 PM
Napier was not even the best coach in the Sun Belt. That honor goes to Chadwell. He benefitted from Huds recruiting and raw talent which was higher than the other Sun Belt schools. I think he will have similar 8-4 and 9-3 seasons at Florida that Mullen had. They basically just hired a younger Dan

Commercecomet24
06-24-2022, 01:18 PM

Since you're on here, how we doing on Tommy Tanks now? Lol

Saltydog
06-24-2022, 01:33 PM

If anyone in this thread would know, it's you. I mean, you are the all seeing, all knowing master of all things with Napier.

ImissCityBagel
06-24-2022, 01:40 PM
Florida is a good payday for coaches that don't have anything to lose. Sharkboner and Boom were bad, but Mullen had them up trending for a long time. Georgia was unbeatable that year...most universities would reflect on that and understand. But for every Mullen there is a knee jerk Frost, Herman, Heupel, Nutt. Florida was spoiled with ball coach and Tebow but the game has changed.
Tennessee and Florida are two places that most coaches would avoid no matter the price for this reason.

Choctaw Dawg
06-24-2022, 04:36 PM
Sounds like he knows he is about to have a bad team for the next 2 seasons.

WhiskeyPirate
06-24-2022, 08:22 PM
Jeez, he sounds like a fired coach already.

Yep, wrong approach. F these spoiled rotten little *itch gator fans. They are like UCLA basketball fans, they fire their coach every two years and destroy their own program. No one will be given a chance to build there.

Coach34
06-24-2022, 08:28 PM
Napier will get his millions to go away just like Mullen did. Get thru the 3-4 years and then enjoy being set for life with the 10-15million they pay you not to come to work.

Dawgology
06-25-2022, 01:02 PM
Napier was a terrible hire. It actually blows my mind that they passed on Kiffin. Maybe he was asking too much for Florida to afford.

Catfish
06-25-2022, 01:09 PM
Napier ain't gonna last long in Gator land.

Goldendawg
06-25-2022, 01:35 PM
Napier will end up like Dan, but smile when he checks his bank statement.

Commercecomet24
06-25-2022, 01:38 PM
Uf hired Danny boy 2.0.

Todd4State
06-25-2022, 01:40 PM
Uf hired Danny boy 2.0.

No wonder so many of our fans wanted him so badly.

TrapGame
06-25-2022, 03:56 PM
Uf hired Danny boy 2.0.

But Dan doesn't apologize. It's beneath him.

I've got a feeling Napier is gonna wish he took the State job when it was offered. We'd be overjoyed with consistent 8-4 seasons, Florida won't.

Commercecomet24
06-25-2022, 04:20 PM

I've got a feeling Napier is gonna wish he took the State job when it was offered. We'd be overjoyed with consistent 8-4 seasons, Florida won't.

Yep. Billy will probably ride off into the sunset with a gazillion dollars in about 3-4 years when he gets fired

ImissCityBagel
06-25-2022, 05:28 PM
Places nobody wants to coach:
1. Tennessee

2. Florida
3. Texas
4. Auburn
5. Oklahoma

Todd4State
06-25-2022, 05:38 PM

Dan wasn't that much better at Florida than he was at MSU.

He won 11 with someone else's players. Then he had a 10 win season which is the same as his highwater mark here. Then 8-4 and 5-6 which would have at worst equalled his worst two season at MSU.

Commercecomet24
06-25-2022, 05:48 PM
Dan wasn't that much better at Florida than he was at MSU.

He won 11 with someone else's players. Then he had a 10 win season which is the same as his highwater mark here. Then 8-4 and 5-6 which would have at worst equalled his worst two season at MSU.

Yep. I think most of us on here with any sense said he would do at uf exactly what he did here and be gone in 4-5 years. Dan just to predictable.