PDA

View Full Version : Molinar goes undrafted

Hambone
06-24-2022, 08:11 AM
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1540205243245404160

Users - please make sure to paste the link to the tweet, then highlight the link and click the twitter icon. - ED

MafiaDawg
06-24-2022, 08:48 AM
He never had a chance in hell of getting drafted. Does not have a chance at making the bucks either. They drafted 2 other players. Another terrible decision, but it was a terrible decision way before last night.

Saltydog
06-24-2022, 08:54 AM

That's what happens when you can't shoot. He could have a nice career overseas though. I hear Turkey is nice this time o' year.

Lord McBuckethead
06-24-2022, 09:05 AM
Well, there he goes. That is/was a dumb decision. You have to play in March to have a shot. He had one more year to do it. This is on Howland. Dude is good enough to play in the NBA.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-24-2022, 09:09 AM
Well, there he goes. That is/was a dumb decision. You have to play in March to have a shot. He had one more year to do it. This is on Howland. Dude is good enough to play in the NBA.
I don?t know about that. But he can make money overseas in Europe.

Johnson85
06-24-2022, 09:23 AM
He never had a chance in hell of getting drafted. Does not have a chance at making the bucks either. They drafted 2 other players. Another terrible decision, but it was a terrible decision way before last night.

Not really. I'm guessing Molinar knew making the NBA was a long shot and decided he would rather play pro ball over seas than play in college another year. THere are some european leagues that make good money and also some South American leagues where the top players get pretty decent money. China also pays pretty well.

I don't know what his background is in Panama, but I would think there is a decent chance that going and making $60-80k somewhere in South America would be pretty attractive financially.

CaptainObvious
06-24-2022, 09:34 AM
We have the NIL now. That means players are getting paid to play College ball. There needs to be a way that players who go undrafted can void their contract with an agent and return to college. So what if the agent gives player a $10,000 advance to let him rep. In any business if an agent doesn?t do their fiduciary duties of fully repping their client contracts are voidable. Any agent should be required to survey at least 1/3 of the teams in a professional league to determine draftability and then let the player out of said contract if no team shows interest.

CovertDawg
06-24-2022, 09:45 AM
Must not have shot it well in workouts. Even if he was the focal point of the opposition's defense this year, to go from shooting 44% from three to 25% is really quite something. That being said, hard worker that I would not write off yet. Could still be a backup PG in the league some day.

elitedawgs
06-24-2022, 11:19 AM
Testing the embed

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1540205243245404160

Cooterpoot
06-24-2022, 11:56 AM
He wouldn't get drafted next year either.

parabrave
06-24-2022, 02:57 PM
He can make a good living in Israel and Italy also. Hate for him to get drafted by the kiev bullzeyes.