PDA

View Full Version : 17 the rebs quit obsessing this is what we got to look forward too.........

99jc
06-23-2022, 05:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROh6MB2ATpA

10 win season coming HAILSTATE!

StarkVegasSteve
06-23-2022, 05:44 PM
We definitely have cause for concern. If they win, and that is a big if, they will capitalize off of it more than we did. And Lemonis seat will go from warm to hotter than a West Texas summer without having played a game.

was21
06-23-2022, 05:46 PM
to...anyway they may win it "too"

Cooterpoot
06-23-2022, 05:49 PM
We definitely have cause for concern. If they win, and that is a big if, they will capitalize off of it more than we did. And Lemonis seat will go from warm to hotter than a West Texas summer without having played a game.

Some of you guys worry about the damndest stuff.

Todd4State
06-23-2022, 05:54 PM

What is this based off of?

basedog
06-23-2022, 05:55 PM

I agree, I don’t get the “concern”. Ole Dixie has nothing to do what we do in baseball.

AROB44
06-23-2022, 05:59 PM

It's based off the irrational fear that OM is really better than us. I'm glad I have long past that fear. If they win it (don't think they will), it really won't change my life one single bit.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2022, 06:02 PM
It's based off the irrational fear that OM is really better than us. I'm glad I have long past that fear. If they win it (don't think they will), it really won't change my life one single bit.

And the congregation said Amen!

Todd4State
06-23-2022, 06:03 PM

I guess. I can't think of anything else. If anything I would think Ole Miss winning a title would force MSU to put even more into baseball than we already are. Not the other way around.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-23-2022, 06:14 PM
It will be humiliating them presenting the Natty rings at halftime of the Egg Bowl with The Lane Train up 3 TDs.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-23-2022, 06:16 PM
I guess. I can't think of anything else. If anything I would think Ole Miss winning a title would force MSU to put even more into baseball than we already are. Not the other way around.
MSU Baseball needs to sink or swim. Enough has been invested in it.

BrunswickDawg
06-23-2022, 06:38 PM

Thinking like that is how we ended up with Polk II.

Cowbell
06-23-2022, 06:53 PM
Sometimes I get on this board and start reading it and it makes me second-guess if we actually won a national title last year. Like maybe it's just a dream and it never really happened.

THE Bruce Dickinson
06-23-2022, 06:54 PM

Insecurity

Mickey
06-23-2022, 08:02 PM
We got ours guys. Chill

Goldendawg
06-23-2022, 08:07 PM

I have yet to see us build on any recent success in any sport - Mullen & #1 season in FB, after #1 in Baseball, so close in WBB , MBB under our previous coach. Concerning part is we may not get that close for many years to come. NIL makes it even harder.

DeltaSwamp
06-23-2022, 09:08 PM

facts facts facts

Randolph Dupree
06-24-2022, 08:07 AM
Sometimes I get on this board and start reading it and it makes me second-guess if we actually won a national title last year. Like maybe it's just a dream and it never really happened.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cowbell again.

Todd4State
06-24-2022, 08:17 AM
I have yet to see us build on any recent success in any sport - Mullen & #1 season in FB, after #1 in Baseball, so close in WBB , MBB under our previous coach. Concerning part is we may not get that close for many years to come. NIL makes it even harder.

We'll know by 2024 if we were able to build in baseball. There is a huge gap because of the recruiting cycles and we aren't going to really see the benefits until 2024. I'm expecting next years team to be a better version of 2011.

RiverCityDawg
06-24-2022, 09:50 AM
I'm looking forward to them choking against Oklahoma. In some ways it will be sweeter than if they didn't make it to Omaha at all.

The reality that they couldn't get done what we got done just last year will be crippling for those bow tie wearing jackasses.

Cowbell
06-24-2022, 10:16 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cowbell again.

Thank you sir

DownwardDawg
06-24-2022, 10:37 AM

We need to pour every dime we have into baseball. It's the only sport we can win multiple National Championships in and 99% of State fans love MSU baseball.

THE Bruce Dickinson
06-24-2022, 11:10 AM
We need to pour every dime we have into baseball. It's the only sport we can win multiple National Championships in and 99% of State fans love MSU baseball.

How about No

RiverCityDawg
06-24-2022, 11:16 AM

I love State baseball, but this would be a terrible financial decision.

Also WAY more than 1% of all "State fans" don't give a rip about baseball, much less don't love it.

MaroonFlounder
06-24-2022, 03:42 PM
10 win season coming HAILSTATE!

I hope you're right about 10 wins. I just don't see it.

MaroonFlounder
06-24-2022, 03:49 PM
I love State baseball, but this would be a terrible financial decision.

Also WAY more than 1% of all "State fans" don't give a rip about baseball, much less don't love it.

It's called ROI. "Return on Investment"

We have shown ROI in baseball in the form of a national championship.

We have the "potential" to show a good ROI in basketball, because I think Chris Jans was a good hire.

We are SO behind the curve in the pecking order of competitive SEC football that we may never have an opportunity for a good ROI in football, which I understand is King in a lot of fans' eyes.

Goldendawg
06-24-2022, 04:17 PM
How about No

Football pays the bills even when we perform like the Washington Generals. Hail State!

Goldendawg
06-24-2022, 04:24 PM

We have the "potential" to show a good ROI in basketball, because I think Chris Jans was a good hire.

We are SO behind the curve in the pecking order of competitive SEC football that we may never have an opportunity for a good ROI in football, which I understand is King in a lot of fans' eyes.

Does baseball make enough to even pay its bills? Football ROI pays virtually all bills, along with SEC check. Most colleges in the country and their fans couldn't care less about their baseball programs, SEC very big exception, Thanks Ron Polk for brings attention and growth. Glad we have a good program. Hail State!

RiverCityDawg
06-24-2022, 05:05 PM

I said financial decision and you're talking about trophies. Dumping everything we can into baseball and by implication short changing football results in a much worse financial ROI.

Football success drives donations and overall fandom for Mississippi State athletics. Vandy has a great baseball program but they suck ass in football so their overall fan support suffers. We have a much longer baseball history than they do, but eventually the same effect would happen should we just let football die on the vine.

AROB44
06-24-2022, 05:57 PM
I said financial decision and you're talking about trophies. Dumping everything we can into baseball and by implication short changing football results in a much worse financial ROI.

Football success drives donations and overall fandom for Mississippi State athletics. Vandy has a great baseball program but they suck ass in football so their overall fan support suffers. We have a much longer baseball history than they do, but eventually the same effect would happen should we just let football die on the vine.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

StarkVegasSteve
06-24-2022, 10:56 PM
We'll know by 2024 if we were able to build in baseball. There is a huge gap because of the recruiting cycles and we aren't going to really see the benefits until 2024. I'm expecting next years team to be a better version of 2011.

We had grinders in Parks, Vickerson, Routt, Reed, and a freshman CT in 2011. We need one of each of those players on next years team.