PDA

View Full Version : Arch is a Longhorn

Msujd164
06-23-2022, 11:26 AM
Just committed.

parabrave
06-23-2022, 11:30 AM
Going the way of Colt, oh whats his name.

AROB44
06-23-2022, 11:31 AM
I am so relieved he has committed somewhere....I have just been on pins and needles waiting for his announcement. ***************

somebodyshotmypaw
06-23-2022, 11:46 AM
And he announces just hours before Ole Miss plays an elimination game in the CWS. Stealing that thunder from them.

Maroonthirteen
06-23-2022, 11:52 AM
I guess the Manning's aren't concerned with Sarks past or his future.

But I knew he wasn't going to Bama because... 1. He will have competition and have to win the job. 2. Play and Beat OM every year.

basedog
06-23-2022, 11:57 AM
I am so relieved he has committed somewhere....I have just been on pins and needles waiting for his announcement. ***************

Good one! U deserve the rep!

Cooterpoot
06-23-2022, 12:13 PM
OM will get him in the portal

BrunswickDawg
06-23-2022, 12:15 PM
TEXAS IS BACK*****

Leeshouldveflanked
06-23-2022, 12:31 PM
But The Grove and they painted Manning in both endzones and Lane took him riding around in his rented sports car.

was21
06-23-2022, 12:32 PM
He'll be there for the duration unless he goes pro earlier or doesn't

Coach34
06-23-2022, 12:33 PM
Mississippi never had a chance in this fight

parabrave
06-23-2022, 12:42 PM
Well now the question is does he go full "Freshman" Eli in Austin??

PGHBulldogBG
06-23-2022, 12:52 PM
Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, LSU, USC, Oregon are going to be the consistent top 10 in a few years once NIL starts having its major impact. A few other teams like Michigan and Florida might be able to step up here and there but the Miss State of 2014, Ole Miss of 2021 etc are going to be even fewer and further between than before. It?s going to become almost impossible for me lower caliber teams to have a good season because a lot of the back ups at these schools will be getting paid more money

Lord McBuckethead
06-23-2022, 12:59 PM
The manning's are interested in what is good for the Mannings. They already have the UM and the UT fanbases. Plus the Saints and the Colts/Broncos. UT is a big market for the family brand. They get to stay in the SEC too.

Lord McBuckethead
06-23-2022, 01:00 PM

They had a chance, just not a good one.

Tater
06-23-2022, 01:08 PM
if you think about it, an arch is just a Horns Down

TrapGame
06-23-2022, 01:10 PM
I memory serves Eli really wanted to go to Texas but Archie told him he was his pound of flesh to ole miss.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2022, 01:11 PM
if you think about it, an arch is just a Horns Down

Excellent! Rep Given!

parabrave
06-23-2022, 01:30 PM

We OM didn't want him anyway!. With the NIL Leach and Kiffen need to dust off Bobby Collins recruiting playbook from his USM days and learn how to find players no one wants and develop them.

KOdawg1
06-23-2022, 01:50 PM
The Manning Brand is bigger than the OM brand. This move grows their brand more than it would if he was headed to Oxford

TrapGame
06-23-2022, 02:03 PM
The Manning Brand is bigger than the OM brand. This move grows their brand more than it would if he was headed to Oxford

Yep and with Texas coming to the SEC it will only get bigger. The first Texas game with Archie and Cooper both wearing burnt orange is gonna drive them crazy.

R2Dawg
06-23-2022, 02:09 PM
I guess the Manning's aren't concerned with Sarks past or his future.

But I knew he wasn't going to Bama because... 1. He will have competition and have to win the job. 2. Play and Beat OM every year.

Maybe, but didn't TX join the SEC? He ain't getting away from OM showdown somewhere.

State82
06-23-2022, 02:14 PM
Just committed.

Never heard of him.

DownwardDawg
06-23-2022, 02:57 PM
This surprised absolutely no one outside of Oxford. He was never going to ole miss. Texas has been the distant front runner from the beginning. Georgia was most likely option number two.

Tbonewannabe
06-23-2022, 03:32 PM
I said it from the beginning. The Mannings are looking at the biggest "market" in college football. UT has more money than everybody else and it spreads the "brand" out to Texas.

WhiskeyPirate
06-24-2022, 01:48 PM
So what do they do with their million dollar signee Ewers ? Maybe he is planning to go pro after one year ? Take the NiL money and transfer for another payday after one year ?

Tater
06-24-2022, 05:15 PM
Excellent! Rep Given!

Hating Texsa just comes natural to me.

So Glad that Arch went there. Works out perfectly. He'll sit his freshman year. Then start his sophomore year. Texsa will go 6-6 at best and they'll realize he's not their savior. They'll run him out of town to OM. OM will start him that next year and he'll still suck because he's not actually any good. And then they're stuck with him for two more years because no way can they tell a legacy to leave.

Kid is overhyped to all hell and is gonna bust. Hard. And will take out two schools I hate + prevents OM from getting a recruiting bump for him initially going there. It's beautiful.

lastmajordog
06-24-2022, 07:56 PM
I think he will be very talented. The thing I noticed about Eli (The oxford rocker) was his ability to throw the ball away to save sacks. He was taught and taught well. That and a tight end catching a very horribly thrown ball and refs not calling three holding calls on said play gave him the first super bowl.

WhiskeyPirate
06-24-2022, 08:17 PM
I think he will be very talented. The thing I noticed about Eli (The oxford rocker) was his ability to throw the ball away to save sacks. He was taught and taught well. That and a tight end catching a very horribly thrown ball and refs not calling three holding calls on said play gave him the first super bowl.

He looks just like Archie, he is good running the ball and a very polished passer. Some of the same things Josh Allen brings but will be much better throwing the ball IMO.

bulldawg28
06-25-2022, 04:48 AM
So what do they do with their million dollar signee Ewers ? Maybe he is planning to go pro after one year ? Take the NiL money and transfer for another payday after one year ?

This is the big question. If Ewers pans out there will be a problem in Austin. Arch may actually hit the portal.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-25-2022, 09:24 AM
I think Arch will be drafted #1 overall in the NFL. I don’t think he is overhyped. We will see what Texas can put around him. But if anything can change their culture of underachieving, this move is the start.

Tater
06-26-2022, 06:31 AM
This is the big question. If Ewers pans out there will be a problem in Austin. Arch may actually hit the portal.

Why? Ewers year 3 is Arch year 1. The Mannings want Arch to sit year 1. You gain nothing in draft stock as a freshman and only serve to hurt yourself.

Fader21
06-26-2022, 08:29 AM
Wait a minute. He told that blonde in bed that he was going to Ole Miss.

SailingDawg
06-26-2022, 08:31 PM
Hating Texsa just comes natural to me.

So Glad that Arch went there. Works out perfectly. He'll sit his freshman year. Then start his sophomore year. Texsa will go 6-6 at best and they'll realize he's not their savior. They'll run him out of town to OM. OM will start him that next year and he'll still suck because he's not actually any good. And then they're stuck with him for two more years because no way can they tell a legacy to leave.

Kid is overhyped to all hell and is gonna bust. Hard. And will take out two schools I hate + prevents OM from getting a recruiting bump for him initially going there. It's beautiful.

How good can you be playing for a private school in New Orleans?

Offshore Dawg
06-27-2022, 08:58 AM

You would assume that he has had a lot of family coaching his entire life !!!!!

lastmajordog
06-29-2022, 07:14 PM
del

parabrave
06-29-2022, 08:41 PM

Same school that Eli and Peyton went to

somebodyshotmypaw
06-29-2022, 08:46 PM

Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Odell Beckham Jr, Tyrann Matthieu, and Leonard Fournette just to name a few.

Todd4State
06-30-2022, 12:06 AM

The Catholic League in NOLA is pretty strong. Newman where he plays isn't really catholic I don't believe.

Archbishop Rummel, Brother Martin, Jesuit, Holy Cross, De La Salle, and St. Augustine have all had their moments. We got Brule and Damien Williams from Rummel, Will Clark from Jesuit, and Leonard Fournette from St. Aug.

There isn't really a dominant "South Panola" team at the moment. But Rummel has been very good. John Curtis is a football mill in NOLA though. They're Southern Baptist I believe.