PDA

View Full Version : SEC men's three major sports schools that have played in NC game and won.

Jack Lambert
06-23-2022, 08:34 AM
Let me know what I missed. This is not counting football NC that was decided by sports magazines and National Geographic. These were actually played for the championship.

Arkansas- Basketball
Alabama-Football
MSU-Baseball
LSU-Football, baseball
Auburn-Football(BCS)
Tenn-Football (BCS)
Florida-Baseball, Football(BCS), Basketball
SC-Baseball
Vandy-Baseball
KY-Basketball
Georgia-Football, Baseball.
Missouri-None
A&M-none
Mississippi-None

BrunswickDawg
06-23-2022, 09:08 AM
Let me know what I missed. This is not counting football NC that was decided by sports magazines and National Geographic. These were actually played for the championship.

Arkansas- Basketball
Alabama-Football
MSU-Baseball
LSU-Football, baseball
Auburn-Football(BCS)
Tenn-Football (BCS)
SC-Baseball
Vandy-Baseball
KY-Basketball
Missouri-None
A&M-none
Mississippi-None

The SEC has had a team in the CWS Finals 11 of the past 12 years winning 7, and in the football final 15 of the past 16 years winning 12.

Johnson85
06-23-2022, 09:20 AM

Arkansas- Basketball
Alabama-Football
MSU-Baseball
LSU-Football, baseball
Auburn-Football(BCS)
Tenn-Football (BCS)
SC-Baseball
Vandy-Baseball
KY-Basketball
Missouri-None
A&M-none
Mississippi-None

That can't be possible, can it?

ETA: Oklahoma and Texas both have had football and baseball championships.

Jack Lambert
06-23-2022, 09:54 AM
That can't be possible, can it?

ETA: Oklahoma and Texas both have had football and baseball championships.

I think A&M won the AP back many years ago in football. Again that was not won on the field in a game.

BrunswickDawg
06-23-2022, 09:58 AM
I think A&M won the AP back many years ago in football. Again that was not won on the field in a game.

They claim 1917, 1927, & 1939. The first 2 are retroactive computer nattys. 1939 was by the AP.

Lord McBuckethead
06-23-2022, 10:37 AM
Prior to winning it on the field

If Bama claims 1941, then we get to claim it even more.
Simple as that. let them argue how we beat them head to head, won the SEC, won the Orange Bowl and somehow they get to claim it... 17 no.

DownwardDawg
06-23-2022, 11:07 AM

Simple as that. let them argue how we beat them head to head, won the SEC, won the Orange Bowl and somehow they get to claim it... 17 no.

I know. That's the dumbest thing ever that Bama claims that one.

R2Dawg
06-23-2022, 02:21 PM

I've always said we should claim it. Yes I know some would cause a stink initially but then it would be forgotten. If we ever win one, we should go back and grab that one too. We should have made the argument last year after baseball won with all the school never won a NC talk. I would have made a casual argument then for 40/41 just as conversation.