PDA

View Full Version : Say what you want about Bunko and crew

Coach34
06-18-2022, 08:30 PM
their pitching has gotten better as the season has gone on. Real credit to them.

Ours did not

Vandownbytheriver
06-18-2022, 10:32 PM
^^^^Ole Miss lurker^^^^

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-18-2022, 10:36 PM
He didn't have an established arm he could wear out before the postseason this year.

MaroonFlounder
06-18-2022, 10:47 PM
Delucia and Elliot are very, very good.

They might be in the driver's seat of that bracket after Monday's game.

msstate7
06-19-2022, 05:55 AM
We took 2 of 3 from OM in Oxford. We looked poised to make a postseason run. From that point on, we went 2-13.

OM has went 16-5 from that same point.

Cooterpoot
06-19-2022, 07:49 AM
Delucia and Elliot are very, very good.

They might be in the driver's seat of that bracket after Monday's game.

Elliot is 4-3. DeLucia is their key. He saves their pen, which isn't very good outside one guy. DeLucia has been good almost all season.

msstate7
06-19-2022, 08:38 AM
Elliot is 4-3. DeLucia is their key. He saves their pen, which isn't very good outside one guy. DeLucia has been good almost all season.

Elliot has a 2.82 era and 12.33 k9. That's really, really good

William Tecumsah Sherman
06-19-2022, 08:41 AM
1 run in the last three games given up when other games have offensive explosions. I hope the Pigs beat them, but I think the sharks are going to the ship.

Cooterpoot
06-19-2022, 08:49 AM
Elliot has a 2.82 era and 12.33 k9. That's really, really good

But he doesn't get decisions and seems to hit the wall about the 5th inning. If OM doesn't put up runs, they lose those games. If OM comes out and pounds out some runs early on AR, they'll win. If they don't, they won't IMO. OM has a great chance because that bracket is really weak. It's an odd CWS. A lot of mediocre teams and a couple hot teams, but no real power house teams like usual.

AlSwearengen
06-19-2022, 09:43 AM
Before the season, the pundits were talking about olemiss bringing in a highly rated group of juco pitchers. Looks like some of them are panning out.

AlSwearengen
06-19-2022, 09:50 AM
But he doesn't get decisions and seems to hit the wall about the 5th inning. If OM doesn't put up runs, they lose those games. If OM comes out and pounds out some runs early on AR, they'll win. If they don't, they won't IMO. OM has a great chance because that bracket is really weak. It's an odd CWS. A lot of mediocre teams and a couple hot teams, but no real power house teams like usual.

I hate to jump on this train b/c it sounds like sour grapes, but this is true. Strange season all around. How many 1st round pitchers went down early in the season? I know Ark and Texas lost their aces (1st rounders). We saw a lot of mid majors having really good seasons and littering the top 25 polls.

Covid, transfer portal, and NIL all coming along at the same time and things are weird lately.

ImissCityBagel
06-19-2022, 09:57 AM
Arkansas vs Ole Miss.....only one "choker" can advance. Who will it be?

starkvegasdawg
06-19-2022, 10:38 AM

AR better be practicing fielding pop ups all day.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-19-2022, 11:49 AM
We took 2 of 3 from OM in Oxford. We looked poised to make a postseason run. From that point on, we went 2-13.

OM has went 16-5 from that same point.
Yep this was the turning point to both teams seasons. Ole Miss bucked up while MSU pussed out.

Hambone
06-19-2022, 01:10 PM
I really REALLY want the hogs to handle business against Ole Miss. if Ole Miss wins, they are playing for the championship

Percho
06-19-2022, 01:28 PM

How does a popup in front of the catcher sound?

Commercecomet24
06-19-2022, 01:47 PM

Yeah I agree with all this. There's no absolute stud team in this cws. Lot of similar teams. I will say arky is hitting the baseball better than anyone through regionals, supers and cws so far. Let's see if om has the pitching to stop em.

StarkVegasSteve
06-19-2022, 02:43 PM
The winner of The Arky-OM is all but guaranteed spot in the championship series. The loser faces the prospect of playing Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday just to make it to the championship series.

I have said all postseason that I felt Arkansas was the most battle tested team in the field so I am sticking with my pick. WPS and beat the damn Sharks

Choctaw Dawg
06-19-2022, 05:46 PM
The winner of The Arky-OM is all but guaranteed spot in the championship series. The loser faces the prospect of playing Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday just to make it to the championship series.

I have said all postseason that I felt Arkansas was the most battle tested team in the field so I am sticking with my pick. WPS and beat the damn Sharks

I love the new format, but man if you lose one of the first two games you are in for a tighter squeeze of pitching in more condensed days.

Irondawg
06-21-2022, 11:42 AM
It is amazing how thing worked out for the teams after we beat them in the weekend series.

They?ve had guys step up and we didn?t when the season was on the line.

Todd4State
06-22-2022, 11:28 PM
It is amazing how thing worked out for the teams after we beat them in the weekend series.

They?ve had guys step up and we didn?t when the season was on the line.

To me it's different for us because it wasn't an issue of us just simply choking. It was having to put people in positions that they weren't consistently ready for due to injuries. If the other teams lost six pitchers including their ace and closer and four other key pitchers they would be in the exact same boat as us.