PDA

View Full Version : Om band playing "Dixie"??

blacklistedbully
11-23-2013, 09:55 PM
I thought they banned that. Did the new guy rescind that?

TheRef
11-23-2013, 09:58 PM
They could always play Dixie, they just couldn't yell "The South Will Rise Again"

Saltydog
11-23-2013, 10:12 PM
with love would be banned and they didn't stop......At least the students didn't........

blacklistedbully
11-26-2013, 08:37 PM
with love would be banned and they didn't stop......At least the students didn't........

That's correct. They were warned that would happen, then the very next game yelled TSSRA in defiance. Dixie was banned thereafter. That's why I asked if it was rescinded, because they did play Dixie during the Mizzou game.

War Machine Dawg
11-26-2013, 08:51 PM
They have always been able to play Dixie, but the number of times per game was limited several years ago. From Dixie With Love is what they banned due to "TSWRA."

Coach34
11-26-2013, 09:14 PM
They have played Dixie every time I've seen them play on TV- it isnt banned

slickdawg
11-26-2013, 09:20 PM
I think they quit playing from Dixie with love, this the jumbo tron from Dixon with love.

blacklistedbully
11-26-2013, 09:46 PM
They have always been able to play Dixie, but the number of times per game was limited several years ago. From Dixie With Love is what they banned due to "TSWRA."

Yep, that's it. Because they were substituting TTSRA for "His Truth is marching on". Ironic that the part of the song that got banned is the "Battle Hymn Of The Republic", while the part they get to play is "Dixie".

messageboardsuperhero
11-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Yep, that's it. Because they were substituting TTSRA for "His Truth is marching on". Ironic that the part of the song that got banned is the "Battle Hymn Of The Republic", while the part they get to play is "Dixie".

It's hilarious how many UM people think that TSWRA are the actual words in the song, even though the real words are "His truth is marching on." The UM people I know justified them chanting that because they thought those were the actual words.

Dumbasses.

engie
11-26-2013, 10:28 PM
From Dixie With Love is what they banned. They've been playing a modified version of it again since at least the first game of 2011(was at the BYU game and they played it), they just changed the entire "peak" of the song so that line never gets played...

Political Hack
11-26-2013, 11:39 PM
it's called "slow" Dixie and seems very fitting given the avg IQ up there.

Quaoarsking
11-27-2013, 01:00 AM
Just remember folks, "Dixie" is a song about a freed slave thinking life is too hard and wishing he could just go back to the plantation where he belongs.