PDA

View Full Version : Sec West with 4 teams in CWS

basedog
06-13-2022, 09:41 PM
No doubt which conference is by far the best in the country.

Commercecomet24
06-13-2022, 10:22 PM
No question about it. And Butch has his team playing really well. They just beat a dang good team a million miles away from home and their pitching has been stellar.

NWADAWG
06-13-2022, 10:24 PM

4 out of 8 are SEC (west)
Of the other 4, 2 are about to be SEC
And none of those are the 2 SEC teams that played for the natty last year.

No excuses for the results this year but does give a little perspective on just how brutal it is and will continue to be in the SEC.

Tater
06-13-2022, 10:24 PM
And 2 of the other 3 teams are the two in the division with National Titles.

And then you have lowly Alabama

Just wanted to say that sentence

Cooterpoot
06-13-2022, 10:27 PM
I think OM beats AU. AU had 3 hits tonight. 2 by Sonny D who they refused to walk, like fools.
AR and Stanford could be interesting but I wasn't impressed with the Stanford pitching. I think OM/AR play the winner bracket game but I'm pulling for AU/Stanford. I never pull for the SEC.
Other side looks like a war. ND and TX or AM or red hot OK. Pulling for ND and 17 the rest.
Just think, TX and OK will be here soon.

basedog
06-13-2022, 10:27 PM
No question about it. And Butch has his team playing really well. They just beat a dang good team a million miles away from home and their pitching has been stellar.

No doubt, I think of the 4 west teams in, I just have a hunch the Hogs will be in championship game. Reason being they have the most experienced team that has been in Omaha.

Commercecomet24
06-13-2022, 10:32 PM
No doubt, I think of the 4 west teams in, I just have a hunch the Hogs will be in championship game. Reason being they have the most experienced team that has been in Omaha.

Yeah I'm still staying with my prediction that arky wins it all.

BuckyIsAB****
06-13-2022, 10:38 PM
Auburn just beat a legitimate title contender who has done it in recent memory at their place. They are dangerous

yjnkdawg
06-13-2022, 11:19 PM

Yep, I thought OSU had a shot at winning the whole thing in Omaha. Seems like Butch has Auburn running on all cylinders now, and he hit a home run when he got DiChiara.

Goldendawg
06-13-2022, 11:39 PM
No wonder we couldn't even make Hoover, everyone in the West (sometimes East), just better than us. Seriously, we better get hard-nosed with dirtbagger attitudes very quickly. SEC baseball isn't going to let up.

Todd4State
06-14-2022, 06:30 AM
No wonder we couldn't even make Hoover, everyone in the West (sometimes East), just better than us. Seriously, we better get hard-nosed with dirtbagger attitudes very quickly. SEC baseball isn't going to let up.

Or we could make sure our pitching staff isn't hit with massive injuries.

We were flawed. But not flawed enough when healthy to be this bad.

Todd4State
06-14-2022, 06:31 AM
Auburn just beat a legitimate title contender who has done it in recent memory at their place. They are dangerous

Auburn also plays at a hitters park. Their pitching staff may do better than expected in Omaha.

PGHBulldogBG
06-14-2022, 07:31 AM
Auburn is a good team no doubt but I don?t see them beating Ole Miss. aTm, Texas, Stanford, Ark, ND would be bigger challengers for them.

Commercecomet24
06-14-2022, 09:07 AM

This. We lost 11 games when we had the lead from the 7th inning on, including 6 in our last 4 SEC series. Having a closer would've changed this season completely.

shoeless joe
06-14-2022, 09:07 AM

Exactly.

The margin of error at this level of baseball is so small that when hit with what we were hit with the bottom can fall out fast. And it did.

Dawg2003
06-14-2022, 09:11 AM
I have a feeling this is Arkansas' year. They have been knocking for awhile.

BrunswickDawg
06-14-2022, 09:52 AM
This. We lost 11 games when we had the lead from the 7th inning on, including 6 in our last 4 SEC series. Having a closer would've changed this season completely.

3 saves all season. 3. 1 in SEC play. 1 damn save.

basedog
06-14-2022, 11:34 AM
CWS Final.......Hogs vs Aggies, just a hunch with Hogs taken the title.

Commercecomet24
06-14-2022, 11:38 AM

Atrocious, absolutely atrociuos.

AROB44
06-14-2022, 01:36 PM
CWS Final.......Hogs vs Aggies, just a hunch with Hogs taken the title.

You left out ND.....they will win it all.

MadDawg
06-14-2022, 01:46 PM

Yeah, let me know when you figure that out. Seems like it happens more than it doesn't.

QuadrupleOption
06-14-2022, 02:11 PM

and went 5-7 against those teams, which goes to show how small the margin is between great and terrible in this league.

Auburn : 2-1
Ole Miss: 2-1
Arkansas: 1-2
A&M: 0-3

basedog
06-14-2022, 03:00 PM
You left out ND.....they will win it all.

I could live with this. Just glad like everyone ?best team ever? ain?t gonna sniff the CWS.

Goldendawg
06-14-2022, 03:30 PM

I agree with that, but there was no excuse for the way much of the pitching staff performed after the injuries. Poor evaluation, not stepping up, or coaching, I don't know, but you shouldn't have to do a near total rebuild one year removed from a National Championship season. Oh well, on to next year, Hail State!

Commercecomet24
06-14-2022, 03:31 PM
and went 5-7 against those teams, which goes to show how small the margin is between great and terrible in this league.

Very, very thin margin. We had the lead against AM late in 2 of 3 games and couldn't close the deal. We also should've swept auburn but an error by Yeager late and bullpen not being able to pitch around it cost us the sweep. Yes with all the talent in the west the margin is razor thin.

Commercecomet24
06-14-2022, 03:33 PM
I agree with that, but there was no excuse for the way much of the pitching staff performed after the injuries. Poor evaluation, not stepping up, or coaching, I don't know, but you shouldn't have to do a near total rebuild one year removed from a National Championship season. Oh well, on to next year, Hail State!

Yeah I agree the bullpen was a total letdown after the injures and guys that were highly regarded didn't perform as they should've and that cost us wins and the post season. If we had a couple of guys step(as they should've) we wouldn't be having these discussions. I will say evaluating pitchers is harder that evaluating offensive lineman and quarterbacks. Just some guys regardless of talent just can't hack it at the highest levels. Heck big league scouts miss on guys all the time, nature of the beast.

Goldendawg
06-14-2022, 03:36 PM

Reality. Rep given to you not pitching staff unfortunately.

R2Dawg
06-16-2022, 09:08 PM

Yep and a few plays we could have won Ark series. TAMU we easily could have won 2.

Hot Rock
06-17-2022, 08:40 AM
Stanford plays the type of ball that usually wins in Omaha. Don't count them out either.

Launch angle hitting produces loud outs so many times out there when the wind is blowing in.