PDA

View Full Version : I wonder

BuckyIsAB****
06-13-2022, 07:07 PM
I am really really curious if Daniel Two Gloves ever wakes up and thinks about the opportunity he cost himself and our school by leaving. If you are him what do you think?

I realize he is making more money now to be fired and coach HS ball than I will ever sniff but I dont think there is a million or so people that will never forgive me either

Hambone
06-13-2022, 08:21 PM
Na Florida > Us everyday.

He wanted to leave 3 years before he left.

The ironic thing is that Florida could be kicking themselves in the ass 2 years from now if their new coach doesn’t work out.

schddog72
06-13-2022, 09:01 PM
Na Florida > Us everyday.

He wanted to leave 3 years before he left.

The ironic thing is that Florida could be kicking themselves in the ass 2 years from now if their new coach doesn?t work out.

Nah, new coaches strength is Don ******* weakness; he loves to recruit and works hard at it. ******* took it for granted that UF, and his name, would recruit itself, a la Notre Dame back in the day. Didn't happen.

Cowbell
06-13-2022, 09:28 PM
I am really really curious if Daniel Two Gloves ever wakes up and thinks about the opportunity he cost himself and our school by leaving. If you are him what do you think?

I realize he is making more money now to be fired and coach HS ball than I will ever sniff but I dont think there is a million or so people that will never forgive me either

The biggest problem with Dan is he was always too arrogant to realize his weaknesses. So likely he hasn't realized his mistake yet either...

coachnorm
06-13-2022, 09:30 PM
He is probably still in his echo chamber convinced Florida is all screwed up for removing him go figure?

lastmajordog
06-13-2022, 09:40 PM
If he doesn’t realize how close he came to a magic season then he is an idiot......he truly wrecked the “DOGS” chances at a solid final four football season. Besides the 14 season finale screw up, him leaving that championship caliber team will be be the biggest woulda, coulda, shouda in the history of any team outside of Bama ...........JMHO

Maroonthirteen
06-13-2022, 09:41 PM
I doubt it. He didn't cost himself anything.

However If he did want to come back....... I'd fire Leach and hire Mullen in a second.

SteelCurtain74
06-13-2022, 09:44 PM
He doesn't strike me as a man who does a lot of self reflection. He'll get another big payday either after this upcoming season or the next at a job he probably doesn't deserve and it will be business as usual.

thf24
06-13-2022, 09:51 PM
I doubt it. Regardless how it turned out for him in hindsight, he was so absolutely desperate to get out of here that he was about to leave us to go to Tennessee in the state they were at the time before Florida swooped in at the last minute.

That's why I don't want him back. A nearly lateral move into a dumpster fire was more appealing to him than staying here and having most likely his best season to date with the loaded roster he'd built. He desperately didn't want to be here, and it wouldn't be any different if we brought him back.

Coach34
06-13-2022, 10:06 PM
I think he is happy with his millions and will look to coach somewhere he doesnt have to recruit or deal with bigtime college Boosters.

You could easily tell he was a very unhappy person last season.

DownwardDawg
06-13-2022, 10:24 PM

However If he did want to come back....... I'd fire Leach and hire Mullen in a second.

He cost himself a college playoff appearance. That's about it though.

TrapGame
06-13-2022, 10:26 PM
Dan only cares about Dan. I doubt we even cross his mind on any given day.

BuckyIsAB****
06-13-2022, 10:34 PM
Oh im not saying he wasnt leaving. Flirting with UT the night before the egg was all it took.

But he has to realize he missed a chance at what was gonna be the best team in the history of the school bc nobody in the stadium can remember 1941

BuckyIsAB****
06-13-2022, 10:36 PM

He def cost himself a probably historic run. With that team we could have ran Fitz 3 times and punted and been in every single game

Homedawg
06-13-2022, 10:37 PM

No. He did the right thing. Best chance to win a ship. He failed. Got paid a ton in the meantime.

Commercecomet24
06-13-2022, 10:37 PM
I think Dans to much of a narcissist to worry about anything but Dan. I guarantee you he doesn't think twice about us.

Homedawg
06-13-2022, 10:38 PM

This is pretty accurate.

Homedawg
06-13-2022, 10:38 PM
I think Dans to much of a narcissist to worry about anything but Dan. I guarantee you he doesn't think twice about us.

More spot on

Activated Alpha
06-13-2022, 10:50 PM
Oh im not saying he wasnt leaving. Flirting with UT the night before the egg was all it took.

But he has to realize he missed a chance at what was gonna be the best team in the history of the school bc nobody in the stadium can remember 1941

Hey don't you make me knock the dust off my all time favorite bulldogs of the 194.....now where did I put my socks and slippers?

yjnkdawg
06-13-2022, 11:11 PM
He never intended to stay here very long when he took our HC position. It was a HC position in the SEC, but MSU was only his short term goal as a HC. He just couldn't get that job at a "real football school" (as he had mentioned) as soon as he wanted it or he would have left us earlier .

FISHDAWG
06-14-2022, 07:14 AM
Dan had already lost his fire when he left ... I appreciate what he accomplished here but a leader with no fire left in his belly isn't much of a leader .... I really didn't care about him leaving, but I thought he could have showed a little more class when he left .... I would never hire him back if it was my call

BrunswickDawg
06-14-2022, 07:29 AM
He def cost himself a probably historic run. With that team we could have ran Fitz 3 times and punted and been in every single game

That's pretty much what we did. The problem was we should have been running Aeris 2 times, Fitz once, and we would rarely need to punt

TrapGame
06-14-2022, 08:19 AM
Dan's own narcissism cost him possibly the greatest year of his coaching history. One more year here with a loaded team, possibly a 11-1 run and he could have picked any job he wanted. He could have probably gone to the NFL off of that run.

PMDawg
06-14-2022, 08:26 AM
Dan had already lost his fire when he left ... I appreciate what he accomplished here but a leader with no fire left in his belly isn't much of a leader .... I really didn't care about him leaving, but I thought he could have showed a little more class when he left .... I would never hire him back if it was my call

Yeah, this is pretty much where I'm at, on every count. I feel like he was so full of himself that he thought "oh man, I gotta get out of here quick under the cover of darkness because these stupid rednecks are going to riot over losing such a great coach". The truth of the matter is, had he just held a conference where he at least acted humble and grateful, and thanked us for giving him his first chance at a HC gig, we would have given him a standing ovation and wished him well. No one expected him to stay forever, no one really faulted him for leaving for Florida. The way he did it, the timing, and his arrogant exit just forever tainted any legacy he may have cultivated here. But that's his problem, not ours.

Hot Rock
06-14-2022, 11:24 AM

I would not. Leach has already beat about as many ranked teams in two transition years as Mullen did in almost a decade. And besides, what makes you think Mullen would actually be as good the second time around? See Polk 2.

Ask me in two years if I still feel the same is fair but for now, no damn way I would want Mullen back over Leach. It's not just that the upside is much higher with Leach but I don't believe for one second Mullen would be anywhere near as dedicated the 2nd time around.

Maroonthirteen
06-14-2022, 11:43 AM
Based on the hypothetical......I would assume he would WANT to be back.

It doesn't matter. He would never come back. That would be a weird career move and he could get a job anywhere else. Once he wants back into college football coaching.

confucius say
06-14-2022, 12:19 PM
Based on the hypothetical......I would assume he would WANT to be back.

It doesn't matter. He would never come back. That would be a weird career move and he could get a job anywhere else. Once he wants back into college football coaching.

No he couldn't. No blue blood is hiring him. He can land a mid P5 job though

BuckyIsAB****
06-14-2022, 01:26 PM
That's pretty much what we did. The problem was we should have been running Aeris 2 times, Fitz once, and we would rarely need to punt

Far from that. Moorhead tried to make Fitz a RPO read this pre snap then that post snap and then do this if that happens guy.

Its why Moorhead offered Will. You have to be really sharp to process all that every single snap

BrunswickDawg
06-14-2022, 01:49 PM
Far from that. Moorhead tried to make Fitz a RPO read this pre snap then that post snap and then do this if that happens guy.

Its why Moorhead offered Will. You have to be really sharp to process all that every single snap
I was using hyperbole. But, Moorhead may have installed an RPO, and Fitz chose the R more than the P. And we hardly optioned. Statistically, Fitz threw less than any of his 3 as a starter and had his highest number of carries.

My real point was that the Fitz/Aeris combination was arguably more productive in the running game than any combo we had under Mullen. If Mullen stays that force improves, and instead of Kylin stealing time from Aeris he becomes a complement a la '10 Ladarrius Perkins to Vic Ballard. And, Fitz probably improves slightly as a passer since he wouldn't have been learning a new offense.

Lord McBuckethead
06-14-2022, 02:30 PM

Oh, I bet we do.

TrapGame
06-14-2022, 02:51 PM
Oh, I bet we do.

Hate to burst you're bubble but we don't. Dan Mullen makes no mistakes and has no regrets. Dan can always get a job at Summers Eve as a douche model.

KentuckyDawg13
06-14-2022, 03:30 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/46/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_Effect_01.svg/923px-Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_Effect_01.svg.png

Percho
06-14-2022, 03:31 PM
You would have to watch, "Deadwood," to find out how I feel about Big Dan. I can hear Al Swearengen and Mr Wu speaking of Big Dan.

coachnorm
06-14-2022, 09:09 PM
I think he is happy with his millions and will look to coach somewhere he doesnt have to recruit or deal with bigtime college Boosters.

You could easily tell he was a very unhappy person last season.

He probably figured out his place in the food chain? Couldn't accept reality that he had been disrobed and can't hide anything?

Schultzy
06-14-2022, 10:05 PM
I just wish he and Geoff Collins had coached the entire 2014 season.

Todd4State
06-15-2022, 01:17 AM

I wish we hadn't done that stupid 1A/1B hockey style substitution and started Chris Jones.

BuckyIsAB****
06-15-2022, 06:37 AM
I was using hyperbole. But, Moorhead may have installed an RPO, and Fitz chose the R more than the P. And we hardly optioned. Statistically, Fitz threw less than any of his 3 as a starter and had his highest number of carries.

My real point was that the Fitz/Aeris combination was arguably more productive in the running game than any combo we had under Mullen. If Mullen stays that force improves, and instead of Kylin stealing time from Aeris he becomes a complement a la '10 Ladarrius Perkins to Vic Ballard. And, Fitz probably improves slightly as a passer since he wouldn't have been learning a new offense.

Great point I agree

BuckyIsAB****
06-15-2022, 06:38 AM

Well they hated each other by November

Schultzy
06-15-2022, 09:40 PM

That’s true, and you can hate the people you work with but still do/finish your job. Many do that every day and for decades on end in all types of employment.

BuckyIsAB****
06-16-2022, 06:59 AM
That’s true, and you can hate the people you work with but still do/finish your job. Many do that every day and for decades on end in all types of employment.

I agree you can but eventually it is going to affect the quality of your work or you will have a blow up and get fired. Just a matter of time when things go that far

FISHDAWG
06-16-2022, 07:06 AM
I agree you can but eventually it is going to affect the quality of your work or you will have a blow up and get fired. Just a matter of time when things go that far

yep ... and Dan went to far by throwing Collins under the bus after that terrible offensive effort against OM ... we could have played better defense but the offense was atrocious in that game and Dan tried to deflect ALL of the blame on Collins .... I can understand Geoff saying enough of this BS ... Collins defense played pretty good all season - Dan was way out of line

BuckyIsAB****
06-16-2022, 01:53 PM
yep ... and Dan went to far by throwing Collins under the bus after that terrible offensive effort against OM ... we could have played better defense but the offense was atrocious in that game and Dan tried to deflect ALL of the blame on Collins .... I can understand Geoff saying enough of this BS ... Collins defense played pretty good all season - Dan was way out of line

Collins went out in a blaze of glory is what the story was

Schultzy
06-16-2022, 10:01 PM

It definitely affected the quality of their work and in a season they both had a chance to make it to the first ever four team playoff but they both put their animosity toward one another ahead of the players who had worked so hard for them and the University they worked for.

They put themselves and their dislike for one another ahead of the players and MSU which is difficult for me to forgive.

schddog72
06-18-2022, 07:12 PM

Collins going to be available again by this November unless something miraculous happens in Hotlanta; not likely to happen.

was21
06-18-2022, 07:37 PM
As soon as he flew away he never looked back.

Bothrops
06-18-2022, 08:03 PM
Collins going to be available again by this November unless something miraculous happens in Hotlanta; not likely to happen.

Collins probably shouldn't have taken the GT job. Paul Johnson's triple-O had them competing and beating more talented teams when they had a decent qb. Now they're just another beatable P5 team.