PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee baseball

CadaverDawg
06-10-2022, 10:09 PM
I have been around a lot of guys that used steroids in my younger days playing baseball, and I am about as certain as one can be that Tennessee's players are on them. They rage when they're happy....

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SmlYOkr2vj4/maxresdefault.jpg

They rage when they're mad....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FU7iARHWYAAlG8C?format=jpg&name=small

They hit mega bombs.

And I guess that's fine if they don't get caught. But it sure has got them looking trashy out there with all of that cocky roid raging.

And all of this is a direct reflection of their coach. Now you have cocky coaches, players, AND fans...fans throwing shit on the field, players getting ejected, coaches getting ejected, etc. If I was a Tennessee fan, I'd love the winning, but I'd also be saying we need the coach to clean this shit up because it's embarrassing the program. They went from an afterthought in baseball to being the most despised and classless team in the country in no time. And yes, it's fun being the villain if you're winning....but they are giving off a pretty trashy look these days, which is never good. Vitello can be a very rich man at the end of his career, but he won't if he doesn't learn how to class the joint up a bit.

msstate7
06-10-2022, 10:15 PM
I called em the 80s Miami hurricanes version of a baseball team. I actually love them taking on this persona. College baseball needs someone to hate if it's ever gonna grow as a sport. I watch em just to see what they'll do next, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Now I loved ND beating em, but do we really want them to lose with OM and USM still alive?

KOdawg1
06-10-2022, 10:20 PM
Baseball is the most humbling sport on the planet.

Tennessee's getting humbled this weekend.

Santiago
06-10-2022, 10:29 PM
I called em the 80s Miami hurricanes version of a baseball team. I actually love them taking on this persona. College baseball needs someone to hate if it's ever gonna grow as a sport. I watch em just to see what they'll do next, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Now I loved ND beating em, but do we really want them to lose with OM and USM still alive?

Miami of the 80's won some titles though......just saying.

msstate7
06-10-2022, 10:30 PM
Miami of the 80's won some titles though......just saying.

That's true. Tenn is just hitting the scene now though. I wouldn't count them out this year just yet

BeardoMSU
06-10-2022, 10:36 PM
Bunch of bitches. I hope they lose tomorrow.

Cooterpoot
06-10-2022, 10:39 PM
Trash ass program

Activated Alpha
06-10-2022, 10:41 PM

Plenty of the current teams in the Supers right now can beat OM or USM. I could see Oregon State winning it again this year...

State82
06-11-2022, 12:16 AM

You bring up a very valid point. And one I've thought about. But, I just can't pull for those pricks.

KOdawg1
06-11-2022, 12:17 AM
You bring up a very valid point. And one I've thought about. But, I just can't pull for those pricks.

The way I see it...if ND can beat Tennessee, they can beat OM/USM

State82
06-11-2022, 12:19 AM

The way I see it...if ND can beat Tennessee, they can beat OM/USM

Another valid point.

BrunswickDawg
06-11-2022, 06:39 AM

Miami was legit. Tennessee is a bunch of redneck possers, and it shows with antics like last night.

basedog
06-11-2022, 08:34 AM
I hate seeing players, coaches and fans act like TN, it's not good for college baseball, I see things crashing and burning in the future for their trash coach and his nasty tactics! Cheaters get away with things for a while, but it catches up with them in time.

Cooterpoot
06-11-2022, 08:50 AM
TN is out of control. From throwing shit at football games to flipping off fans at a baseball game and cussing umps. The SEC should be ashamed for not stepping in more. And I'll be honest, baseball in general is headed down a bad path with all the bat flipping bullshit anyway. Sportsmanship is dying in athletics. It's pretty much mirroring our disrespectful, selfish, society. My kids did some of that shit, they'd be done. Emotion is good. Disrespect is not.

StarkVegasSteve
06-11-2022, 09:01 AM
I love the emotion and embracing the hate but they have gone overboard with it. Their last two games have personified that. Flipping off the other team rounding bases and then the Gilbert incident last night. It seems like they have this feeling of invincibility or that the rules simply do not apply to them and that starts from the top down. Vitello will need to rain that in this off-season or it will spiral out of control to the point that they get into a brawl and he and the program face serious repercussions.

CadaverDawg
06-11-2022, 09:03 AM
TN is out of control. From throwing shit at football games to flipping off fans at a baseball game and cussing umps. The SEC should be ashamed for not stepping in more. And I'll be honest, baseball in general is headed down a bad path with all the bat flipping bullshit anyway. Sportsmanship is dying in athletics. It's pretty much mirroring our disrespectful, selfish, society. My kids did some of that shit, they'd be done. Emotion is good. Disrespect is not.

Totally agree

BuckyIsAB****
06-11-2022, 09:12 AM
I think baseball in general could use some more fire but TN is always involved in something. If you are always in some drama it is probably you

Cowbell
06-11-2022, 09:13 AM
I love the emotion and embracing the hate but they have gone overboard with it. Their last two games have personified that. Flipping off the other team rounding bases and then the Gilbert incident last night. It seems like they have this feeling of invincibility or that the rules simply do not apply to them and that starts from the top down. Vitello will need to rain that in this off-season or it will spiral out of control to the point that they get into a brawl and he and the program face serious repercussions.

Yeah the flipping off should have resulted in suspensions / you do that in any other sport and you are immediately ejected

BrunswickDawg
06-11-2022, 09:46 AM
Tennessee has always been like this. I remember when they came to Starkville Peyton's freshman year. That was the most horrible traveling fan base ever. Made the Coon Asses seem gracious.

EdwardDrayton
06-11-2022, 10:19 AM
I have been around a lot of guys that used steroids in my younger days playing baseball, and I am about as certain as one can be that Tennessee's players are on them. They rage when they're happy....

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SmlYOkr2vj4/maxresdefault.jpg

They rage when they're mad....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FU7iARHWYAAlG8C?format=jpg&name=small

They hit mega bombs.

And I guess that's fine if they don't get caught. But it sure has got them looking trashy out there with all of that cocky roid raging.

And all of this is a direct reflection of their coach. Now you have cocky coaches, players, AND fans...fans throwing shit on the field, players getting ejected, coaches getting ejected, etc. If I was a Tennessee fan, I'd love the winning, but I'd also be saying we need the coach to clean this shit up because it's embarrassing the program. They went from an afterthought in baseball to being the most despised and classless team in the country in no time. And yes, it's fun being the villain if you're winning....but they are giving off a pretty trashy look these days, which is never good. Vitello can be a very rich man at the end of his career, but he won't if he doesn't learn how to class the joint up a bit.

Bunch of bitches. I hope they lose tomorrow.

Yep and yep. Would give Big Rep to both of these posts if I had any

Pancho
06-11-2022, 10:44 AM
Their behavior does have some roid type feel to it.

RougeDawg
06-11-2022, 10:49 AM

This is what you get when you pussify sports. Bring back the earhole pitches. Bring back running over the catcher. Bring back breaking up double plays the way it was meant to be. Let these cocky little f*ckers play the game it was designed. If I was ND I?d ear hole first batter on first pitch today. Send a message. Or better yet act llle the pitcher slips and send one into the TN dugout. That?s how I?d handle it.

Dental Dawg33
06-11-2022, 10:50 AM

Exactly. All this showboating look at me antics these kids are doing these days is frankly embarrassing. I?m way more impressed with your 450 foot bomb you just hit, than your cute little bat flip staring down the opposing dugout. I?ve never really cared for Tennessee, but their baseball program the last couple years has really done it in for me. Bunch of Guidos that are an eyesore on the SEC. Players cursing umpires, your assistant coach almost knocks your head coach down trying to beat him to the umpire to argue. Fans throwing trash on the field. I?d be ashamed if we acted like that

Ranchdawg
06-11-2022, 11:09 AM
And their fans had on T-shirts that said Classless vs Catholics. Just wow!

ImissCityBagel
06-11-2022, 11:40 AM
Are their syringes orange?

Pancho
06-11-2022, 12:56 PM
the solution in the syringe might be.

Percho
06-11-2022, 02:59 PM
https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/other-sports/2022/06/10/tony-vitello-tennessee-baseball-drew-gilbert-ejection-frank-anderson/7589706001/

MoreCowbell
06-11-2022, 03:10 PM
Say whatever you want but they are beating peoples asses. I would take that

Schultzy
06-11-2022, 10:05 PM
And their fans had on T-shirts that said Classless vs Catholics. Just wow!

Now that’s pretty damn funny

Offshore Dawg
06-12-2022, 12:13 PM
Now that’s pretty damn funny

Funny but factual !!

PGHBulldogBG
06-12-2022, 12:41 PM
You all better hope Tenn, Oregon State and aTm keep winning

WSOPdawg
06-12-2022, 12:51 PM
While I'm pretty sure there is not a rule that prohibits a team's costumed mascot from being right behind home plate acting a fool, but it just seems like the integrity of the game would prevent this... but I digress as we are talking about UT.

AROB44
06-12-2022, 12:53 PM
You all better hope Tenn, Oregon State and aTm keep winning

Why? I'm hoping ND wins. No way I want Tenn to win.

Dawg496
06-12-2022, 01:30 PM
At this point I want whoever can beat Ole Miss to win. It would be the most M-state thing in the universe, that for us to finally breakthrough and win a natty is followed by Ole Miss winning it as all as well.

WSOPdawg
06-12-2022, 01:39 PM
ND has already ran themselves out of 2 runs losing runners at 2nd and 3rd that likely would've scored. Hopefully they'll find a little more Irish luck.

Activated Alpha
06-12-2022, 01:43 PM
That's pretty much game for ND. Wish they could have beaten TN, but I don't think they have any gas left in the tank

Activated Alpha
06-12-2022, 02:17 PM
That's pretty much game for ND. Wish they could have beaten TN, but I don't think they have any gas left in the tank

Hey it worked...

Pancho
06-12-2022, 02:40 PM
UT is quiet as a weak puppy right now. bitches in orange britches.....

State82
06-12-2022, 02:50 PM
Why? I'm hoping ND wins. No way I want Tenn to win.

Only one reason for UT to win. If they go out UM's chances just increased dramatically.

Cooterpoot
06-12-2022, 02:53 PM
The trash ass coach love ended today

State82
06-12-2022, 02:54 PM
Suck it UT!

Catfish
06-12-2022, 02:55 PM
Suck it UT!

They did !!

Percho
06-12-2022, 02:55 PM
Dan M said yesterday they were the best team ever and would overcome the No 1 seed thing.

Commercecomet24
06-12-2022, 02:56 PM
Biggest choke in history by ut.

WSOPdawg
06-12-2022, 02:57 PM

LOL, they let 2021 Arky off the hook .

ImissCityBagel
06-12-2022, 02:57 PM
Welp.

State82
06-12-2022, 02:59 PM
Chickens came home to roost.

basedog
06-12-2022, 02:59 PM

Maybe Tn will hang banner “Best Team Ever and Best Coach…….Not”!!!!

Love it!

basedog
06-12-2022, 03:00 PM

Love it!

P.S. ND Coach > Tn Coach.

basedog
06-12-2022, 03:01 PM

Have some rep my friend!

BeardoMSU
06-12-2022, 03:03 PM
**** 'em! **** 'em! **** 'em!

Commercecomet24
06-12-2022, 03:05 PM

Love it!

Yeah they can put all crap to rest now. Don't even make it to Omaha!

KOdawg1
06-12-2022, 03:06 PM
The most humbling sport on the planet strikes again...

Santiago
Miami Hurricanes of the 80's my foot.

Commercecomet24
Have some rep my friend!

Right back at ya!

Commercecomet24
06-12-2022, 03:08 PM

Yeah everytime someone thinks they've conquered the game it will humble the daylights out of you. So different than basketball or football.

PGHBulldogBG
06-12-2022, 03:08 PM
P.S. ND Coach > Tn Coach.

Exact reason why I said yesterday I would take Link Jarrett over Vitello. ND was extremely impressive coming into the Dude last year and playing the way they did. Going into UT was nothing for them after last year. Jarrett seems to win without having obnoxious players with bad attitudes.

basedog
06-12-2022, 03:11 PM
Yeah everytime someone thinks they've conquered the game it will humble the daylights out of you. So different than basketball or football.

I don’t think Tn like “humble pie”, taste like cr*p I heard!

U so right, baseball is just different!

EdwardDrayton
06-12-2022, 03:11 PM
Cue the music for the scumbitches. Personally going with Bon Jovi ‘Who Says You Can’t Go Home’ followed by Ozzy’s ‘Mama I’m Comin’ Home’.

basedog
06-12-2022, 03:12 PM
Exact reason why I said yesterday I would take Link Jarrett over Vitello. ND was extremely impressive coming into the Dude last year and playing the way they did. Going into UT was nothing for them after last year. Jarrett seems to win without having obnoxious players with bad attitudes.

In baseball u don’t need 9 starters who are blue chips! Give me a team of “dirt bagger” everyday and twice on Sunday!

msstate7
06-12-2022, 03:14 PM
Pretty funny to see Tenn act an ass, and then they can't get to Omaha.

starkvegasdawg
06-12-2022, 03:14 PM
Cue the music for the scumbitches. Personally going with Bon Jovi ‘Who Says You Can’t Go Home’ followed by Ozzy’s ‘Mama I’m Comin’ Home’.

Notre Dame playing LL Cool J's Mama Said Knock You Out.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-12-2022, 03:20 PM
Dan M said yesterday.

Dan Mullen?

WSOPdawg
06-12-2022, 03:23 PM
In baseball u don?t need 9 starters who are blue chips! Give me a team of ?dirt bagger? everyday and twice on Sunday!

and a couple of talented pitchers.

State82
06-12-2022, 03:23 PM
Bingo

Commercecomet24
06-12-2022, 03:25 PM
In baseball u don’t need 9 starters who are blue chips! Give me a team of “dirt bagger” everyday and twice on Sunday!

Amen brother! I won a lot of games with teams that didn't always have the stars but played their butts off! Love those scrappy dirt bag types!

parabrave
06-12-2022, 03:37 PM
Amen brother! I won a lot of games with teams that didn't always have the stars but played their butts off! Love those scrappy dirt bag types!

Hey just like any other sports/ The postseason is a new season. It's anybody's game now.

Commercecomet24
06-12-2022, 03:41 PM
Hey just like any other sports/ The postseason is a new season. It's anybody's game now.

Yeah if Stanford loses, Oregon State loses and vt finishes losing the top 4
seeds will be gone. It's literally wide open this year.

EdwardDrayton
06-12-2022, 04:08 PM
We now resume our regular programming of hating all things Notre Dame.

msstate7
06-12-2022, 04:10 PM
Yeah if Stanford loses, Oregon State loses and vt finishes losing the top 4
seeds will be gone. It's literally wide open this year.

And OM is currently alive, so not cool

Homedawg
06-12-2022, 04:11 PM

As good a chance as anyone.

The Federalist Engineer
06-12-2022, 04:13 PM
In honor of Tennessee's great little season, let's take a moment to reflect on douche-baggery and how the boys in Orange took it to another level...

https://c.tenor.com/1jfBTYO4cp8AAAAd/dancing-coffin-dancing.gif

KOdawg1
06-12-2022, 04:15 PM
As good a chance as anyone.

Yep. Some were saying yesterday they have no chance. That's not true. They can hit and their pitching has really come around.

msstate7
06-12-2022, 04:17 PM
In honor of Tennessee's great little season, let's take a moment to reflect on douche-baggery and how the boys in Orange took it to another level...

https://c.tenor.com/1jfBTYO4cp8AAAAd/dancing-coffin-dancing.gif

Haha.

I'm obviously in the minority, but it doesn't bother me at all that they act like a bunch of idiots. When you act like that, you really look dumb when you don't finish the job though

PGHBulldogBG
06-12-2022, 04:23 PM
All these state fans on here celebrating this but in a few weeks when Ole Miss is in the quarterfinals and the main threat is gone I wonder how you all will feel. I am not happy UT lost because this opens the door for Ole Miss to have a chance

Commercecomet24
06-12-2022, 05:02 PM

Yeah that's what I'm saying literally anyone could win it. It's wide open. Oregon State and Stanford still not out yet though and there's a busload of great teams coming to Omaha. Texas AM maybe hotter than anyone right now

schddog72
06-12-2022, 05:12 PM

Link Jarrett most likely the next coach at Florida State.

Turfdawg67
06-12-2022, 05:44 PM
Pretty funny to see Tenn act an ass, and then they can't get to Omaha.

Pretty easy to be the best coach in BB to simpletons when your players juice and use illegal bats.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-12-2022, 05:51 PM
Yep. Some were saying yesterday they have no chance. That's not true. They can hit and their pitching has really come around.

They have zero chance. They will not be playing this time next week. R-E-L-A-X.

msstate7
06-12-2022, 06:18 PM
Who does OM play first?

Commercecomet24
06-12-2022, 06:19 PM
Who does OM play first?

Auburn or Oregon State

basedog
06-12-2022, 06:20 PM
Who does OM play first?

Auburn OSU winner

Commercecomet24
06-12-2022, 06:21 PM
Who does OM play first?

Arky/unc and Stanford/uconn on om side of bracket. Arky/unc winner play Stanford/UConn and om plays auburn/Oregon state winner.

Commercecomet24
06-12-2022, 06:22 PM
And arkys in. Pigs and AM playing some really good baseball right now.

KOdawg1
06-12-2022, 06:23 PM
If Stanford could come back and win, it'd be Stanford, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and likely Auburn. That's a tough regional for Ole Miss. They haven't had much competition to this point, but if they make it to the championship, they'll earn it vs this group.

Commercecomet24
06-12-2022, 06:27 PM
If Stanford could come back and win, it'd be Stanford, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and likely Auburn. That's a tough regional for Ole Miss. They haven't had much competition to this point, but if they make it to the championship, they'll earn it vs this group.

Yes well said and I agree that would be a tough bracket. Arkansas playing as well as anyone right now.

basedog
06-12-2022, 06:50 PM
Yes well said and I agree that would be a tough bracket. Arkansas playing as well as anyone right now.

Yes to the Hogs but all Sec teams playing well.

Commercecomet24
06-12-2022, 07:02 PM
Yes to the Hogs but all Sec teams playing well.

Yes they are.

DownwardDawg
06-12-2022, 08:28 PM
We now resume our regular programming of hating all things Notre Dame.

ND will always be my 2nd favorite team. Hope they win it all now.

TNDawg35
06-12-2022, 08:29 PM

I have a feeling Auburn is gonna blow it and OSU will be in. I still think Stanford is gonna win it all…

Oh and just think if we had Yeager leading off, Montegomry hitting 2nd and Hines hitting 3rd this year. That’s a hell of a 1/2/3…

William Tecumsah Sherman
06-12-2022, 09:23 PM
It?s wild to think Montgomery and Hines were on the same high school team

Todd4State
06-12-2022, 09:42 PM
I have a feeling Auburn is gonna blow it and OSU will be in. I still think Stanford is gonna win it all…

Oh and just think if we had Yeager leading off, Montegomry hitting 2nd and Hines hitting 3rd this year. That’s a hell of a 1/2/3…

No chance we were getting Montgomery. Unfortunately. He was the best player on Madison Central's team last year.

Todd4State
06-12-2022, 09:43 PM
It?s wild to think Montgomery and Hines were on the same high school team

And Ross Highfill who was an UA All-American. Not surprising they won 6A and the HS National Championship.

TNDawg35
06-13-2022, 04:25 AM
No chance we were getting Montgomery. Unfortunately. He was the best player on Madison Central's team last year.

Never said we were getting him. If you read I said just “think”….

If I had an offer from Stanford I wouldn’t come to State either. Eventually baseball ends. It makes life a little easier when you have a big time degree behind you.

Pancho
06-13-2022, 04:58 AM
I hope Vitello is still wide awake and cursing loudly.

ImissCityBagel
06-13-2022, 08:41 AM
I can't believe Tenner lost. They have 5 star hearts.

Extendedcab
06-13-2022, 09:20 AM
Never said we were getting him. If you read I said just ?think??.

If I had an offer from Stanford I wouldn?t come to State either. Eventually baseball ends. It makes life a little easier when you have a big time degree behind you.

You comment begs the question: Does Stanford make their student athletes "earn" their degree? Does MSU not make student athletes "earn" their degree? Is a Stanford degree worth more, market wise, than the same degree form MSU? Are there too may academic "distractions" at MSU vs Stanford? Why the difference, athletic performance wise and academic wise, when a player goes to Stanford vs MSU?

When I was a student at MSU, MSU Electrical Engineering was rated #8 in the country. That is one reason why I chose MSU.

The Federalist Engineer
06-13-2022, 10:17 AM
You comment begs the question: Does Stanford make their student athletes "earn" their degree? Does MSU not make student athletes "earn" their degree? Is a Stanford degree worth more, market wise, than the same degree form MSU? Are there too may academic "distractions" at MSU vs Stanford? Why the difference, athletic performance wise and academic wise, when a player goes to Stanford vs MSU?

When I was a student at MSU, MSU Electrical Engineering was rated #8 in the country. That is one reason why I chose MSU.

Yes, Stanford student athletes are the real thing. Stanford kids even have actual majors, unlike the Vandy kids that are nearly all "Undecided" or "Media Studies". Pretty cool that Vandy has a major for watching TV all day.

At MSU baseball, it is the real thing too. Will Clark was a Petroleum Engineering student, 4.0 GPA. Preston Brown (pitcher in 2015 or so) went from Friday nights to Med School with a Bio Engineering degree. Sam Frost (2013) was a classmate of a friend of mine at Carnegie Mellon MBA, top student at MSU.

At MSU, the rigor of the degree is sport-by-sport it seems. Probably, this is true nationwide. My boss was a Duke graduate, says the Duke Basketball players don't do academic work unless the individual player absolutely wants to.

BrunswickDawg
06-13-2022, 10:22 AM

Stanford is recognized as one of the top educational institutions in the world. A sample: #2 in the World University Rankings, #1 in Bloomberg's Business School Ratings, #2 on Fourtune's list of best MBA programs, #3 in US News Global University rankings.
And yes, a degree from Stanford is likely "worth" more as the average starting salary for a Stanford grad is $93k a year vs. $46k for MSU.

Stanford has always invested in sports and has a $37Billion+ endowment - 4th largest in the US. They are essentially an Ivy League School academically with Texas' investment in athletics.

Johnson85
06-13-2022, 12:28 PM
ND will always be my 2nd favorite team. Hope they win it all now.

I hope ND goes 2 & 'Cue. Nothing against ND (at least in this instance), but UT is so unlikeable I don't even want them to have the consolation of thinking they lost to a really good and/or really hot team.

grandprairiedog
06-13-2022, 12:57 PM
Stanford is recognized as one of the top educational institutions in the world. A sample: #2 in the World University Rankings, #1 in Bloomberg's Business School Ratings, #2 on Fourtune's list of best MBA programs, #3 in US News Global University rankings.
And yes, a degree from Stanford is likely "worth" more as the average starting salary for a Stanford grad is $93k a year vs. $46k for MSU.

Stanford has always invested in sports and has a $37Billion+ endowment - 4th largest in the US. They are essentially an Ivy League School academically with Texas' investment in athletics.

Stanford facilities doesn't compare to Texas.

https://gostanford.com/facilities

https://texassports.com/

MrCoachKlein
06-13-2022, 01:27 PM
https://texASSports.com/

That's how my mind parsed that URL. They probably could've found a better one ha.

The Federalist Engineer
06-13-2022, 01:44 PM
SIAP

The Notre Dame uniforms are awesome. If Addidas just gives MSU the Texas A&M design, I hope MSU can go Under Armor ASAP.

https://a.espncdn.com/photo/2022/0610/r1023604_1296x729_16-9.jpg

I get TAM people saying "Go Aggies" when they see me at the airport, especially Houston. I am uncomfortable being associated with these dorks.

http://kathrynwhitaker.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/yell-leader-reunion2-600x400.jpg

Dawg496
06-13-2022, 01:58 PM
MSU undergrad + Stanford GSB graduate here... lol Braden made the right call.