PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Coach Leach: IT and I mean IT is TIME Damnit

OLJWales
06-08-2022, 07:47 AM
Either SHIT or Get Off.

https://hailstate.com/news/2022/6/7/football-nine-dawgs-selected-to-athlon-all-sec-team.aspx

FISHDAWG
06-08-2022, 07:53 AM
Either SHIT or Get Off.

https://hailstate.com/news/2022/6/7/football-nine-dawgs-selected-to-athlon-all-sec-team.aspx

WOOL fertilizer ... but I'm gonna plant late this year just in case

TrapGame
06-08-2022, 08:39 AM
It's Time.

We've got too many veterans coming back to have just another lackluster season.

Todd4State
06-08-2022, 08:58 AM
Either SHIT or Get Off.

We should have juniors and seniors at pretty much every spot while I think we also improved special teams. That's the type of roster we need to strive to have. Lots of experience and typically that yields good results.

CadaverDawg
06-08-2022, 09:13 AM
Our team on paper is a 8-9 win team. I personally have little faith in Leach's style, and our schedule is brutal. If the Pirate manages to beat those odds and deliver 8-9 wins anyway, I'll withhold my criticisms of him.

99jc
06-08-2022, 09:36 AM
Our team on paper is a 8-9 win team. I personally have little faith in Leach's style, and our schedule is brutal. If the Pirate manages to beat those odds and deliver 8-9 wins anyway, I'll withhold my criticisms of him.

I am sure as he sips on Mojitos in the Keys right now he gives a flying 17 what we think on message boards...with that being said anything less than 10 wins is a bust.

MaroonFlounder
06-08-2022, 09:41 AM
Leach always loses one he shouldn't. But has the potential to win one he shouldn't.

There will be games in which we move the ball and score very well.....and still lose.

Offshore Dawg
06-08-2022, 09:55 AM
I am sure as he sips on Mojitos in the Keys right now he gives a flying 17 what we think on message boards...with that being said anything less than 10 wins is a bust.
REALLY, and how many 10 win seasons has MSU in the school's history 🤔

parabrave
06-08-2022, 10:47 AM

Um this! And I know he has no worries about our O Line.

Coach34
06-08-2022, 11:49 AM
REALLY, and how many 10 win seasons has MSU in the school's history ��

How many times have we had 9 players on the Athlon preseason team?

SteelCurtain74
06-08-2022, 12:21 PM
We had 9 in 2018 and 8 in 2021. The thing about this year's selection is that most of our 9 are on 4th team including Rogers. Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and A & M have more selections than us. LSU, Kentucky and Auburn also have 9 selections. I don't see us hitting 10 wins but I do think 9 is definitely in the realm of possibility.

WhiskeyPirate
06-08-2022, 01:39 PM
11 wins or Leach sucks, 10 and he takes a pay cut

Sounds legit

Offshore Dawg
06-08-2022, 01:48 PM

I would think this is a first, however my question was how many 10 win seasons have the Dawgs had.

FISHDAWG
06-08-2022, 01:53 PM
sure feels like expectations are a little high for this year ... I would take 8 wins in a heartbeat but personally I'm expecting 7 .... fire away if you feel the need

BrunswickDawg
06-08-2022, 01:58 PM
sure feels like expectations are a little high for this year ... I would take 8 wins in a heartbeat but personally I'm expecting 7 .... fire away if you feel the need

I think this season will be a lot like last - in pretty much every game but Bama and UGA - and our win total comes down to execution. If we play to our potential in all 3 phases, and have the ball bounce our way, we could be a 9-10 win team.
Odds of that happening? Well, I wouldn't put money on it.

TrapGame
06-08-2022, 02:06 PM
I think this season will be a lot like last - in pretty much every game but Bama and UGA - and our win total comes down to execution. If we play to our potential in all 3 phases, and have the ball bounce our way, we could be a 9-10 win team.
Odds of that happening? Well, I wouldn't put money on it.

I really think we beat Georgia. That's gonna be the draw dropper. We probably get pounded by Kentucky though. That's the trade off.

Liverpooldawg
06-08-2022, 02:16 PM
6 wins tops. We will struggle to get there.

KOdawg1
06-08-2022, 02:17 PM
Anything less than 8 is a complete failure.

Oh, and beat OM too. Losing 3 in a row to them should be a fireable offense.

TrapGame
06-08-2022, 02:21 PM

If that's the case then Leach needs to be "firmly" urged to retire to Key West. 6-6 or less is a complete and utter failure with what we have returning.

99jc
06-08-2022, 03:31 PM
Some of you (u know who u are) have a loser's mentality and always will. 10 wins!

Catfish
06-08-2022, 04:13 PM
As tough as our schedule is 8 wins would be a great season.

BuckyIsAB****
06-08-2022, 05:14 PM

We get it

BuckyIsAB****
06-08-2022, 05:15 PM

I agree. 7 and the egg at minimum is what I expect

Schultzy
06-08-2022, 05:53 PM
No. We are not an 8 win team. No wonder you’re so pissed off all the time…you think we are better than we are.

schddog72
06-08-2022, 06:00 PM

I really hate to agree with this, but unfortunately I do. Given the strength of this year's schedule, I just can't see more than 6 wins. Some of the sting of that will be deflected if we beat Umissy. But, that is a HUGE if. Just sayin. . . . . .

You guys that are expecting 8 - 9 - 10 wins have obviously not been MSU fans as long as I have.

WhiskeyPirate
06-08-2022, 06:40 PM
As tough as our schedule is 8 wins would be a great season.

Agreed, especially with the #1 SOS in the nation.

99jc
06-08-2022, 07:05 PM
I really hate to agree with this, but unfortunately I do. Given the strength of this year's schedule, I just can't see more than 6 wins. Some of the sting of that will be deflected if we beat Umissy. But, that is a HUGE if. Just sayin. . . . . .

You guys that are expecting 8 - 9 - 10 wins have obviously not been MSU fans as long as I have.

I grew up next to the stadium and have been going to games since 67...and i still expect 10 wins.. i think 55 years of going to games qualifies me.

Coach34
06-08-2022, 07:13 PM
Agreed, especially with the #1 SOS in the nation.

That's a preseason deal. There is no way to know who has the toughest schedule for a season that has yet to be played.

Maroonthirteen
06-08-2022, 07:41 PM
Leach will be flippant about everything. We will throw it 0-5 yards 20 times a game. But beat Memphis, Ole Miss and find 4-5 more, he is good with me.

QuadrupleOption
06-08-2022, 08:00 PM
Either SHIT or Get Off.

If our special teams and OL hold up I think we'll be pretty pleased. The schedule is rough but the only two teams we really don't have a shot against in my opinion are Bama (duh) and Georgia.

Everyone else is within reach. If this team holds to Leach's previous performances at other stops, I think our offense will take another step this year like they did last year. Defense should again be pretty good to great.

I'm looking forward to watching us play this season.

BuckyIsAB****
06-08-2022, 08:19 PM

We may win a bunch or we may not but you know as well as I do that pre season all conference teams wont have nothing to do with it

Hambone
06-08-2022, 08:22 PM
Honest question.

Say we get to 10 wins….. Would you expect Will Rogers to be in New York for a certain ceremony?

Not saying he wins it, just gets an invite?

WhiskeyPirate
06-08-2022, 08:23 PM
That's a preseason deal. There is no way to know who has the toughest schedule for a season that has yet to be played.

You have to admit it’s a tough schedule. How many teams could win 10-11 games with that schedule ? 8-9 wins would be a very good year and team.

WhiskeyPirate
06-08-2022, 08:25 PM
If our special teams and OL hold up I think we'll be pretty pleased. The schedule is rough but the only two teams we really don't have a shot against in my opinion are Bama (duh) and Georgia.

Everyone else is within reach. If this team holds to Leach's previous performances at other stops, I think our offense will take another step this year like they did last year. Defense should again be pretty good to great.

I'm looking forward to watching us play this season.

That defense should be good. I like the D line depth and the d bs we picked up. Leach has never had a really good defense ....ever.

Coach34
06-08-2022, 08:28 PM
You have to admit it’s a tough schedule.

Yes it is. As is our schedule every year.

Coach34
06-08-2022, 08:29 PM
We may win a bunch or we may not but you know as well as I do that pre season all conference teams wont have nothing to do with it

This will be the best team Leach coaches at State. We will see the proof this Fall

WhiskeyPirate
06-08-2022, 08:47 PM
This will be the best team Leach coaches at State. We will see the proof this Fall

Best team he’s had yet....but I think given time he will have better O lines and q bs who can run and throw deep will give the offense a much different look.

Dawgology
06-08-2022, 09:06 PM
7 wins will be the ceiling. I believe we really struggle to get bowl eligible this year.

Activated Alpha
06-08-2022, 09:12 PM
If we can get to a NY6 bowl and win it plus winning the Egg Bowl, I'll literally find a crow on Ebay and grill it....

IMissJack
06-08-2022, 09:19 PM
Until I see our team come out and produce from the beginning of the game through the final horn, I will have doubts. We continue to struggle early in many games and allow teams to be in games (Memphis) until it bites is in the ass. The second half of Auburn was great but first half was pitiful. Just cannot be successful on a high level being that inconsistent. IMO the KY game was our most complete game last year, and we beat them soundly.

Quaoarsking
06-08-2022, 09:20 PM

I find that unlikely, unless Rogers is so good that he leaves early for the NFL after this year. The offense should be amazing in 2024 when Rogers is a 5th year senior.

Quaoarsking
06-08-2022, 09:23 PM
Our schedule is very tough every year, and drawing Georgia as our rotating East opponent makes it even tough than usual.

However, Arizona is the weakest team in the P5 other than Vanderbilt, and Memphis/Bowling Green both at home makes for a fairly easy non-conference slate. If we are less than 4-0 outside the SEC, that's a huge oof for Leach.

Inside the SEC, we should have at least a solid chance against LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and Kentucky. I bet we get more than 2 of those.

Coach34
06-08-2022, 09:31 PM
Best team he’s had yet....but I think given time he will have better O lines and q bs who can run and throw deep will give the offense a much different look.

I dont see us having better OL's. We just had a guy drafted top 10 and our C is getting a ton of pub. We'll see how they keep developing players- but we havent signed anybody close to Cross under Leach.

Leach doesnt remotely look for a mobile QB. Leach is 61- he will only have 3-4 more recruiting classes at most. NIL is at hand now.

This will be his best team at State

vindastra
06-08-2022, 11:27 PM
7 wins will be the ceiling. I believe we really struggle to get bowl eligible this year.

With you on this.

TrapGame
06-09-2022, 08:15 AM
This season is on Will. How far has he come? How well has he matured? Can he hit the deep threat consistently?

This team goes as far as he goes.

PGHBulldogBG
06-09-2022, 08:44 AM
We have to win all 4 non conference games and then beat Auburn Arkansas and Ole Miss. Losing any of those will be inexcusable. Alabama and Georgia are out the window so that leaves 3 games @LSU, @UK and aTm. Win 1 of those and a bowl game and it?s a good year. Win 2 and that should put us in a NY6 bowl

MaroonFlounder
06-09-2022, 09:01 AM
It's not a loser mentality at all to be concerned about the Left Tackle position and the fact that Will Rogers has concrete shoes.

There will be triple the amount of sacks this season.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-09-2022, 09:06 AM
I see 6-7 wins. Maybe 8 if things go well. (regular season, excludes bowl game)

Liverpooldawg
06-09-2022, 09:16 AM
It's not a loser mentality at all to be concerned about the Left Tackle position and the fact that Will Rogers has concrete shoes.

This, along with losing Polk, is why I think we will not be as good as we were last year.

BrunswickDawg
06-09-2022, 09:24 AM
This, along with losing Polk, is why I think we will not be as good as we were last year.

Polk is a loss, but not one that can't be overcome. He didn't even get drafted. Justin Robinson has the potential to fill those yards, as does Jamire Calvin, as does RaRa. In Leach's system, I wouldn't be shocked if a kid like Scoobie Ford broke out with 800-900 yards this season.

Johnson85
06-09-2022, 09:36 AM

I don't think so. This is a lot like a couple of Mullen's teams. Lots of talent overall but a glaring weakness or two that hamstrings us. We're going to be good everywhere but the tackle spots. Unfortunately, those are sort of important in the SEC. I don't think Will can keep the accuracy he needs while constantly taking shots. I know the weather was a factor too, but that is part of what happened at the egg bowl. I am also not sure Will can stay healthy a whole season with two subpar tackles.

Tripp McNeely
06-09-2022, 10:03 AM
Polk is a loss, but not one that can't be overcome. He didn't even get drafted. Justin Robinson has the potential to fill those yards, as does Jamire Calvin, as does RaRa. In Leach's system, I wouldn't be shocked if a kid like Scoobie Ford broke out with 800-900 yards this season.

^^^ Polk had a great year, but he's a product of the system. His YAC was not good at all, and YAC is what really makes this offense hum!

FISHDAWG
06-09-2022, 10:12 AM

wonder who will be our new go-to for 1st down guy ... Last year it was Austin Williams but who knows this year

TrapGame
06-09-2022, 10:23 AM
wonder who will be our new go-to for 1st down guy ... Last year it was Austin Williams but who knows this year

Austin is still playing this season the last I read. He caught a lot of passes in the middle of those zone coverages. He could have a big year.

FISHDAWG
06-09-2022, 11:15 AM
Austin is still playing this season the last I read. He caught a lot of passes in the middle of those zone coverages. He could have a big year.

wow, I thought he was done. Doesn't he have a masters by now ? .... If so, you just made my day

WhiskeyPirate
06-09-2022, 11:28 AM
I dont see us having better OL's. We just had a guy drafted top 10 and our C is getting a ton of pub. We'll see how they keep developing players- but we havent signed anybody close to Cross under Leach.

Leach doesnt remotely look for a mobile QB. Leach is 61- he will only have 3-4 more recruiting classes at most. NIL is at hand now.

This will be his best team at State

Cross is not on this team. The o lines when cross was here had some holes. Leach and His o line coach can and will have better o lines than what we?ve had just based on stacking recruiting classes. Leach will never have a run first q b but he will have guys who can avoid a sack and run for a first down if it?s open. It will also open up the defense when he gets one of these blue chip recruits who has a big arm who can stretch the field vertically and throw sideline to sideline.

You have to recruit pass blocking O lines and stack/build recruiting classes. It?s nonsense to say ?nope he can?t ever have a better o line here?.

The kid he?s looking at from FSU is a very mobile q b

WhiskeyPirate
06-09-2022, 11:32 AM

That’s a legit concern. Holes on the O line combined with a q b who can not avoid a sack to save his life is a bad combo.

Johnson85
06-09-2022, 11:59 AM
Cross is not on this team. The o lines when cross was here had some holes. Leach and His o line coach can and will have better o lines than what we?ve had just based on stacking recruiting classes. Leach will never have a run first q b but he will have guys who can avoid a sack and run for a first down if it?s open. It will also open up the defense when he gets one of these blue chip recruits who has a big arm who can stretch the field vertically and throw sideline to sideline.

You have to recruit pass blocking O lines and stack/build recruiting classes. It?s nonsense to say ?nope he can?t ever have a better o line here?.

He might have qbs that are more mobile and elusive, but I don't think any of his recruits are going to be routinely scrambling for first downs. They are going to stay behind the line of scrimmage and keep their head up until they can't.

WhiskeyPirate
06-09-2022, 12:24 PM
He might have qbs that are more mobile and elusive, but I don't think any of his recruits are going to be routinely scrambling for first downs. They are going to stay behind the line of scrimmage and keep their head up until they can't.

Watch tape of Minshew. The guy was a matador against the pass rush and would run for a first down when it was there. Makes a huge difference against sec d lines. Leach q b s are never going to be RPO or run first but buying time, avoiding a sack and extending a play are invaluable and really make the O lines job easier.

TrapGame
06-09-2022, 01:04 PM

Will scrambled for a few first downs last year. One of the most memorable was AU late in the first half when we starting to put things together. Getting that first down alone was effing huge. We scored a td three plays later, iirc.

Catfish
06-09-2022, 02:28 PM
Will scrambled for a few first downs last year. One of the most memorable was AU late in the first half when we starting to put things together. Getting that first down alone was effing huge. We scored a td three plays later, iirc.

Will's gonna be just fine.

Todd4State
06-10-2022, 02:16 AM
Our schedule is very tough every year, and drawing Georgia as our rotating East opponent makes it even tough than usual.

However, Arizona is the weakest team in the P5 other than Vanderbilt, and Memphis/Bowling Green both at home makes for a fairly easy non-conference slate. If we are less than 4-0 outside the SEC, that's a huge oof for Leach.

Inside the SEC, we should have at least a solid chance against LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and Kentucky. I bet we get more than 2 of those.

This is a good take.

The offense made a lot of strides last season and I expect it to run even more smoothly this year. Will was the most inexperienced QB Leach has ever had. He hasn't even gotten into his peak seasons yet as a college player.

I think our defense will be better too. I don't think they'll remind anyone of 1980, 1999, or 2018. But I do think we will be solid. Hopefully Jordan Davis, Demonte Russell, and Trevion Williams can provide a better pass rush and we added new safeties. in Matthews and Morant plus Nicholson and Banks at the CB spot. I think Tyrus Wheat has a breakout year too with a better pass rush up front too.

We also added new kickers which in and of itself cost us at least 2-3 losses last year alone.

Cooterpoot
06-10-2022, 03:38 AM
1. We aren't winning 10.
2. Questions on the OL and With pass rush.
3. Whether some admit it or not, QB has something to prove
4. Who steps up at WR?

I can't see more than 8 wins on the schedule. One better be OM.

BuckyIsAB****
06-10-2022, 08:49 AM
1. We aren't winning 10.
2. Questions on the OL and With pass rush.
3. Whether some admit it or not, QB has something to prove
4. Who steps up at WR?

I can't see more than 8 wins on the schedule. One better be OM.

1. Unless we get lucky probably not. But if we have a K we win 9 last year with a less experienced team without its overall best player.

2. Jordan Davis is back. Overall best player on the team. Him Wheat and Charlton is a good pressure trio. The C and Gs will be very good. I feel really good about one of the tackles. Kam Jones can start at T if we are just getting abused. It wont be any worse than Lashley.

3. Will is going to be better. But if anyone still has doubts about him it is just on you at this point. He was noodle arm then he is now concrete shoes. If he has a noodle arm and concrete shoes and still has won on the road in the SEC at some of these powerhouses yall fear he must be doing something right. Not to mention leading the nation in completion percentage and yards. Only 5 picks and about 40 tds. He will be fine and he will be the starter till he decides he is done here or time runs out. I just dont understand how out of all our supposed problems we bitch about the QB. Part of playing the position I guess.

4. Antonio Harmon Tulu Griffin RaRa Thomas Mosley and Ducking all together outside will be just as good if not better than Polk. Inside receivers are fine.

Anything less than 7 wins and the egg would be a massive massive failure and I will be looking for my pitchfork

BuckyIsAB****
06-10-2022, 08:53 AM
And please God before any of yall say Will lead the country in completion percentage bc we throw it a lot and throw a lot to the RBs. Matt corral lead the nation in bubble passes and key screens and yall slobbered over him. Which is exactly why he would struggle in the air raid. It is one of the easiest offenses to run in the country.

If you throw it as much as we do you better be pretty damn good to complete all those passes or you are in trouble. Double edged sword there

Coach34
06-10-2022, 09:46 AM

You are thinking in terms of how college football used to be. This is the NIL Era now. Things are going to change greatly over the next few years with us getting scraps. This is Leach?s only shot this Fall.

DeltaSwamp
06-10-2022, 12:58 PM

Name our 6 losses with a potential 7th

PGHBulldogBG
06-10-2022, 01:06 PM

I mean I think we go 8-4 but technically we don?t play Vandy, Mizzou or USC this year so none of the 8 SEC games are guaranteed wins. When Auburn is probably the most likely win that says a lot about our schedule.

WhiskeyPirate
06-10-2022, 01:26 PM
You are thinking in terms of how college football used to be. This is the NIL Era now. Things are going to change greatly over the next few years with us getting scraps. This is Leach?s only shot this Fall.

If that is true then it wouldn’t just be the o line that is hampered but we wouldn’t get good players at any position.

It remains to be seen how much we get affected by NIL but I don’t agree that Leach can’t ever recruit and develop a better o line that what we have now. Of course he can given the time.

It takes time to get the right pass blocking group and to have depth and experience.

DeltaSwamp
06-10-2022, 02:22 PM
I mean I think we go 8-4 but technically we don?t play Vandy, Mizzou or USC this year so none of the 8 SEC games are guaranteed wins. When Auburn is probably the most likely win that says a lot about our schedule.

8-4 is what we should expect in my opinion I am not one saying 10-2. Every year teams will win a couple they shouldnt and drop a couple they shouldnt so we could be anywhere from 6-6 if we wind up not winning some we should to 10-2 if we dont drop any we shouldnt and win some we are not expecting to. My point was there aint 6 guaranteed losses on the schedule - much less 7

DeltaSwamp
06-10-2022, 02:31 PM
Memphis - W - Should always be a W when at home
Arizona - W - Ill take the seasoned qb in week 2
LSU - toss - it is in Baton Rouge but we will see if they have had time to gel or not. Lots of transfers and such with a new staff. could get that first year new coach bump, could be a hot mess.
Bowling Green - W - nuff said
TAMU - toss - we beat them at their house last year we should not expect to lose - there prime croots are freshmen
Arky - toss - home game helps but they have the advantage in the trenches on offense
Ky - toss - it is still kentucky. That is never a certain win or loss
Bama - loss - track record to strong to argue
Auburn - win - I think itll be a hot mess on the plains
Georgia - loss - loaded team again but itll be closer than it wouldve been in 2021
East Tenn - win - nuff said
Old Piss - win - Kiffin barely won when he had Correl and we now have the qb advantage

Wins = 6
Losses = 2
Toss up = 4

Coach34
06-10-2022, 02:32 PM
I'm not saying we should win 10 but as a developmental program- the only time that is going to happen is when we have alot of Jr's and Sr's.

That is the case in 2022.

We seem to be on this 4 year trend. Our best teams in recent history have been in 2010, 2014, 2018, and now 2022.

DeltaSwamp
06-10-2022, 02:33 PM
I'm not saying we should win 10 but as a developmental program- the only time that is going to happen is when we have alot of Jr's and Sr's.

We seem to be on this 4 year trend. Our best teams in recent history have been in 2010, 2014, 2018, and now 2022.

boom. Well said

HancockCountyDog
06-10-2022, 02:35 PM
9 regular season wins and a bowl win - is a great season.

We can get there. He will have to win the games he is supposed to and not lose to the teams he shouldn't.

WhiskeyPirate
06-10-2022, 05:19 PM
LSU - toss - it is in Baton Rouge but we will see if they have had time to gel or not. Lots of transfers and such with a new staff. could get that first year new coach bump, could be a hot mess.
TAMU - toss - we beat them at their house last year we should not expect to lose - there prime croots are freshmen
Arky - toss - home game helps but they have the advantage in the trenches on offense
Georgia - loss - loaded team again but itll be closer than it wouldve been in 2021
Old Piss - win - Kiffin barely won when he had Correl and we now have the qb advantage

Wins = 6
Losses = 2
Toss up = 4

Good post. I think 8-4 with a bowl win would be a good year, especially given that sec slate.

Arkansas game was blatantly stolen last year as was the Memphis game. I hope we lay it on the pigs after that BS last year.

Liverpooldawg
06-10-2022, 05:29 PM

BG and E. Tenn are the only sure wins. Memphis and Arizona should be. The rest are iffy at best.

Catfish
06-10-2022, 05:35 PM

Wins = 6
Losses = 2
Toss up = 4

Good post.

DeltaSwamp
06-10-2022, 07:10 PM
Good post. I think 8-4 with a bowl win would be a good year, especially given that sec slate.

Arkansas game was blatantly stolen last year as was the Memphis game. I hope we lay it on the pigs after that BS last year.

I would love to lay it on Arkansas. You tell me we are able to run away with that game, and I get to dreaming real quick. Means our trenches are nasty if we could run away with that one

DeltaSwamp
06-10-2022, 07:11 PM
thats some Croom era expectations. Its ok friend - we are not that team anymore. We aint where we wanna be but we damn sure aint where we were

WhiskeyPirate
06-10-2022, 07:16 PM
I would love to lay it on Arkansas. You tell me we are able to run away with that game, and I get to dreaming real quick. Means our trenches are nasty if we could run away with that one

I think the defense especially d line is going to be pretty salty. Receivers should be better, o line is the big question mark IMO. We should be able to run it pretty well, pass protection is a concern. I’m anxious to see Hargrove.

OLJWales
06-11-2022, 04:55 AM
BG and E. Tenn are the only sure wins. Memphis and Arizona should be. The rest are iffy at best.

Have you lost your DAMN Mind? Oh wait, ain't you wanna dem Fauci Deciples? Splains it.

Seriously dude. Posts like yours gives me 10 secs of Tourettes. I LITERALLY had to edit removing The Lord's Name in Vain.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/vB2IYdf6Nw8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qQKW8uCKBPY

Liverpooldawg
06-12-2022, 12:01 AM
Have you lost your DAMN Mind? Oh wait, ain't you wanna dem Fauci Deciples? Splains it.

Seriously dude. Posts like yours gives me 10 secs of Tourettes. I LITERALLY had to edit removing The Lord's Name in Vain.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/vB2IYdf6Nw8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qQKW8uCKBPY

. I honestly think most of the expectations I've seen here are WAY out of line for what we have coming back off a mediocre team that lost arguably it's two most important players.

Todd4State
06-12-2022, 02:34 AM
I think the defense especially d line is going to be pretty salty. Receivers should be better, o line is the big question mark IMO. We should be able to run it pretty well, pass protection is a concern. I?m anxious to see Hargrove.

The one thing our defense did well was stop the run. I think they should be as good if not better at that this year. The SEC by and large is a run first conference. Of course the issue is any time the other team dropped back to pass I held my breath. I think that if we can increase our sack totals and TFL's that might increase our interception totals. If we shore up our pass rush it should help our pass defense. Looking at the stats our defense was pretty close to being very good.

The biggest stat was making only 56% of our field goals. OOF!

Todd4State
06-12-2022, 02:34 AM
. I honestly think most of the expectations I've seen here are WAY out of line for what we have coming back off a mediocre team that lost arguably it's two most important players.

If Dan was our coach with the same results as last year you would have been happy.

99jc
06-12-2022, 07:23 AM

i agree with the stats but that was pre NIL. If we use the portal to fill gaps 8-9 wins a year with this offense could be the norm..

WhiskeyPirate
06-12-2022, 10:46 AM

When people are saying “we have to win ten games or Leach should be fired” when we play the toughest schedule in the country.....then yea expectations are a little crazy. That sec stretch is crazy. We could lose several toss ups and still be a good team.

Liverpooldawg
06-12-2022, 12:28 PM
If Dan was our coach with the same results as last year you would have been happy.

No, I wouldn't have been. We lost to Ole Miss for the second straight year.

Coach34
06-12-2022, 02:35 PM
i agree with the stats but that was pre NIL. If we use the portal to fill gaps 8-9 wins a year with this offense could be the norm..

NIL gonna mean scraps left in the portal

99jc
06-12-2022, 03:07 PM
NIL gonna mean scraps left in the portal

we got the $$$$$$$

Coach34
06-12-2022, 03:28 PM
we got the $$$$$$$

I'll believe it when I see it. We just watched Mizzou swoop in and grab one we were trying hard to get.

WhiskeyPirate
06-12-2022, 03:42 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. We just watched Mizzou swoop in and grab one we were trying hard to get.

Coach34 have you seen Brayson Hubbard play and do we have any shot of signing him ? He looks like an incredible talent.

Schultzy
06-12-2022, 07:30 PM
We think we have four excellent corners going in to this season.

Quaoarsking
06-12-2022, 07:31 PM
No, I wouldn't have been. We lost to Ole Miss for the second straight year.

There's a big difference in losing to a mediocre Ole Miss team and a top 10 Ole Miss team. You get that, right?

If god forbid Leach drops to 0-3 in Egg Bowls this year, I could have a wide variety of reactions depending on how good they are.

Bothrops
06-12-2022, 07:41 PM
Got to have players that care about winning more than getting laid and blazing up. And coaches that at least pretend to hate the competition. We shall see.

Coach34
06-13-2022, 10:41 AM
Coach34 have you seen Brayson Hubbard play and do we have any shot of signing him ? He looks like an incredible talent.

I have not and dont know. We should have a shot at signing anybody from Mississippi

BuckyIsAB****
06-13-2022, 03:16 PM
I have not and dont know. We should have a shot at signing anybody from Mississippi

Nick Fitzgerald

Coach34
06-13-2022, 04:50 PM
Nick Fitzgerald

Oh. I thought he was a baseball recruit.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=644071

BuckyIsAB****
06-13-2022, 07:08 PM
Oh. I thought he was a baseball recruit.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=644071

That may be him as an 8 yr old haha

Coach34
06-13-2022, 07:20 PM
That may be him as an 8 yr old haha

He's committed to USM in baseball.

BuckyIsAB****
06-13-2022, 10:40 PM
He's committed to USM in baseball.

He is gonna end up there to play QB or that. They are stupid if they dont offer him as a QB.

bulldawg28
06-15-2022, 10:52 AM
He is gonna end up there to play QB or that. They are stupid if they dont offer him as a QB.

Alabama just offered him for football.

BuckyIsAB****
06-15-2022, 11:06 AM

For what position

Johnson85
06-15-2022, 11:31 AM

That seems weird for a rising senior to have offers from Bama, MSU, and USM and no one else? A late bloomer showing out at camps? Or some non-commitable "offers"?

bulldawg28
06-15-2022, 11:45 AM
For what position

According to Twitter it's a Qb offer.

WhiskeyPirate
06-15-2022, 01:34 PM
Watch his film. He will end up having a lot of offers as a q b IMO. He can sling it as good or better than a lot of P5 dual threat q bs and he can outrun many of them. Really impressive.

BuckyIsAB****
06-15-2022, 02:08 PM
He is good. But region 4 6A is pretty weak in football. Not hating. He played well against Oak Grove.

Dawgfan77
06-15-2022, 06:03 PM
According to Twitter it's a Qb offer.

He was not offered as a QB at Bama

bulldawg28
06-15-2022, 09:21 PM
He was not offered as a QB at Bama

I read both Qb and the other DB.

Dawgfan77
06-16-2022, 07:14 AM
I read both Qb and the other DB.

He has a spot here as a athlete, can play safety or WR. He has an offer for DB at Bama but He is not being recruited as a qb

bulldawg28
06-16-2022, 07:45 AM
He has a spot here as a athlete, can play safety or WR. He has an offer for DB at Bama but He is not being recruited as a qb

Gotcha

ImissCityBagel
06-16-2022, 11:39 AM

For me, a successful season would be:
- Crush Memphis
- Beat Arkansas
- Take two out of LSU, Barn, TAMU
- Beat OM (3 in a row is bad and also will kill recruiting)

So basically, like last season with a win again Arky and OM.

Johnson85
06-16-2022, 03:28 PM
For me, a successful season would be:
- Crush Memphis
- Beat Arkansas
- Take two out of LSU, Barn, TAMU
- Beat OM (3 in a row is bad and also will kill recruiting)

So basically, like last season with a win again Arky and OM.

I admire your ability to block out what actually happened against Memphis last season. I don't want to negate what is obviously a psychologically healthy defense mechanism so we won't discuss what actually happened.

99jc
06-16-2022, 05:01 PM
I admire your ability to block out what actually happened against Memphis last season. I don't want to negate what is obviously a psychologically healthy defense mechanism so we won't discuss what actually happened.

That was last year you miserable being. you do realize how different each season is ......see baseball national champions 2021..see 2022.

WhiskeyPirate
06-16-2022, 06:32 PM
Memphis was a sloppy game we won despite them picking up a dead ball which peewee football would not allow, and the phantom PI against Arkansas with less than two minutes left was also a win. That is if Lucky Luciano and ray Charles weren’t officiating.

Schultzy
06-16-2022, 09:35 PM
Memphis was a sloppy game we won despite them picking up a dead ball which peewee football would not allow, and the phantom PI against Arkansas with less than two minutes left was also a win. That is if Lucky Luciano and ray Charles weren’t officiating.

I agree with your Arkansas opinion.

The Memphis game was sloppy on our part to me. Don’t give the officials an opportunity to mess it up and hopefully that one play will affect our coaches approach from here on out.

WhiskeyPirate
06-16-2022, 10:18 PM
I agree with your Arkansas opinion.

The Memphis game was sloppy on our part to me. Don’t give the officials an opportunity to mess it up and hopefully that one play will affect our coaches approach from here on out.

I agree, I was saying we played sloppy against Memphis. The officiating wasn’t sloppy, it was just criminal cheating that wouldn’t be allowed in a high school game.

FISHDAWG
06-17-2022, 07:02 AM

I get what he's saying about Memphis and I agree with what he said ... I don't think anyone has blocked out what happened in that game ... They shouldn't have been close enough to win the game on a bad / missed call by the officials but it happened and I totally get the consternation

State82
06-17-2022, 10:07 AM
I get what he's saying about Memphis and I agree with what he said ... I don't think anyone has blocked out what happened in that game ... They shouldn't have been close enough to win the game on a bad / missed call by the officials but it happened and I totally get the consternation

If I'm not mistaken, weren't we behind when the bogus call occurred? So even if it had not happened, there's certainly no guarantee we would have come back to win.

FISHDAWG
06-17-2022, 10:54 AM
If I'm not mistaken, weren't we behind when the bogus call occurred? So even if it had not happened, there's certainly no guarantee we would have come back to win.

yes we were behind at the time, that's why I said it shouldn't have even been that close ... but if you take away that touchdown from the erroneous call then we would have ended up winning ... I think Bagels point to crush them was in reference to our poor play in that game

TrapGame
06-17-2022, 11:34 AM

That whole game was a total cluster**** of bad officiating. We didn't help matters by fumbling the ball on the opening drive that Memphis ran back for 6. Polk got absolutely mugged in the end zone that caused a missed td. We missed the FG after that. Our defense bit on every screen Memphis' offense ran. Stay home and cover YOUR GUY. The dead ball touchdown was just a rancid cherry on top of the shit sundae. We played too damn sloppy and some of it is on the coaches but some of it is on the players. We should have beat Memphis by to touchdowns.

Bothrops
06-17-2022, 10:04 PM
That whole game was a total cluster**** of bad officiating. We didn't help matters by fumbling the ball on the opening drive that Memphis ran back for 6. Polk got absolutely mugged in the end zone that caused a missed td. We missed the FG after that. Our defense bit on every screen Memphis' offense ran. Stay home and cover YOUR GUY. The dead ball touchdown was just a rancid cherry on top of the shit sundae. We played too damn sloppy and some of it is on the coaches but some of it is on the players. We should have beat Memphis by to touchdowns.

I expect us to lose because of a bad call or two against an SEC opponent, but not Memphis. That should not have ever ever ever happened. Yet here they are moving on to P5 football.

bulldawg28
06-18-2022, 05:43 PM
I'll say this. The fan base is looking for anything to be excited about. If Leach can build any sort of momentum on the field the fans will handle the rest and make it easy. I'm starting to feel we will have a good team and record this year.

Catfish
06-18-2022, 06:59 PM
I'll say this. The fan base is looking for anything to be excited about. If Leach can build any sort of momentum on the field the fans will handle the rest and make it easy. I'm starting to feel we will have a good team and record this year.

I agree, I'm really excited about this year.