PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Tranfers

Pages : 1 [2] 3

maroonmania
06-23-2022, 06:22 AM
There have been rumors about a LOT of people. I think that one started because of his brother being a former MSU commit.

To me worst case scenario if we crap out is Down in LF, Ledbetter in CF, and Kellum in RF. I do think we get a CF though and it won't really come to that.

Its really all about what kind of quality pitching we bring in. Another position player or two would be nice but we have enough already on the team to piece together a solid lineup and defense. If we don't get some more arms though its not going to matter just like it didn't matter this yaar.

FISHDAWG
06-23-2022, 06:58 AM
one of my favorite movies

"Well sir, we were going to this bingo parlor at the YMCA, well one after another things got all fouled up and we ended up.."

it's where the term "lighten up Francis" comes from ... maybe the younger posters will recognize that

Chuck3124
06-23-2022, 11:43 AM
Has anybody heard anything else on Jacob Gonzales?

Dawg496
06-23-2022, 12:25 PM

In what respect? is he considering transferring?

Pancho
06-23-2022, 02:09 PM
bianco goes nowhere and Gonzo goes nowhere.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2022, 02:50 PM
Delete

Pancho
06-23-2022, 02:53 PM
he's not draft eligible for another year I don't believe.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2022, 02:54 PM
he's not draft eligible for another year I don't believe.

And you're correct. He'll be back at om this year. My mistake on that one.

Todd4State
06-23-2022, 05:35 PM
Its really all about what kind of quality pitching we bring in. Another position player or two would be nice but we have enough already on the team to piece together a solid lineup and defense. If we don't get some more arms though its not going to matter just like it didn't matter this yaar.

Or how some of our pitchers develop- especially Hunt and Fristoe. Not to mention if we can get Preston Johnson back to school. And if any freshmen come in and perform well. It's not just about bringing people in from the portal. There are lots of other avenues here.

maroonmania
06-23-2022, 07:08 PM
Or how some of our pitchers develop- especially Hunt and Fristoe. Not to mention if we can get Preston Johnson back to school. And if any freshmen come in and perform well. It's not just about bringing people in from the portal. There are lots of other avenues here.

Guess this season soured me on Foxhall developing anyone. Only pitcher that improved from last season to this season was Cade Smith.

basedog
06-23-2022, 07:17 PM
Guess this season soured me on Foxhall developing anyone. Only pitcher that improved from last season to this season was Cade Smith.

Preston was pretty good also.

Goldendawg
06-23-2022, 07:40 PM

Some of those arms need to be SEC quality from the left side, asap.

Goldendawg
06-23-2022, 07:44 PM

Why in the world would a player playing in the World Series for Ole Miss want to transfer to our questionable rebuild in 2023? I'll wait.

maroonmania
06-23-2022, 08:06 PM
Preston was pretty good also.

ERA went to 5.47 this year from 3.82 last year. I know he pitched more innings as a starter this year but I would still say he regressed.

Saltydog
06-23-2022, 08:32 PM
He's a dinger machine that's for sure......

basedog
06-23-2022, 09:03 PM
ERA went to 5.47 this year from 3.82 last year. I know he pitched more innings as a starter this year but I would still say he regressed.

He would be much better as a reliever.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2022, 09:11 PM
He would be much better as a reliever.

Yeah PJ is middle inning reliever. He pitched well this year but we had to extend him many times past the point where he was effective(see the Tennessee game), because our pen was so bad. If we had any kind of pen his era would be much lower. Anyone that could hold that Tennessee team to one run into the 8th inning is a pretty dang good pitcher.

Cowbell
06-23-2022, 09:53 PM

Preston Johnson says hi

Todd4State
06-23-2022, 10:23 PM

As I've said before he's on the clock. If he develops Fristoe, Hunt, and Pico and Holcombe contributes some that will be a step in the right direction.

Pancho
06-23-2022, 10:28 PM
I wonder what he will attempt to change with Pico to improve control. He has similar stuff to Elliott of the sharks but can't be consistent near the zone. The "throw it by em" approach doesn't work in this case.

Homedawg
06-23-2022, 11:08 PM
I wonder what he will attempt to change with Pico to improve control. He has similar stuff to Elliott of the sharks but can't be consistent near the zone. The "throw it by em" approach doesn't work in this case.

He and Elliot are similar only that they are left handed. One is a Fb/ elite change w a decent cb. The other is Fb curve w a very marginal change. Velo is advantage Elliot by a tad. Neither will pitch in the big leagues but both can be good/ very good college pitchers

VandelayIndustries
06-24-2022, 02:09 PM
Tommy White and Christian Little to LSU.

BeardoMSU
06-24-2022, 02:18 PM

Well LSU ain't ****in' around.

maroonmania
06-24-2022, 02:54 PM

Apparently we are. Oh well, we had a good run.

ZedFedder
06-24-2022, 03:51 PM
We will see who we end up with, and I’m not going to judge it until it’s all over, but you can’t help but feel uneasy.

Cowbell
06-24-2022, 05:20 PM
We will see who we end up with, and I?m not going to judge it until it?s all over, but you can?t help but feel uneasy.

There is no way this ends well at this point imo

TNDawg35
06-24-2022, 05:34 PM

LSU is loosing a ton to the portal and draft. Jay Johnson has been very candid that they would be active in the portal and not wait on the draft. He has said they would figure it out after the draft. Which to me is what you should do. Not wait til after the draft to start hitting the portal.

Now I actually feel better about what we have after looking at everything. We will be better next year and really good the following year. Remember, this is Lemonis lowest rated class he has.

Oh and if Little was that good, he would have pitched this year for Vandy. We tore his ass up in Omaha and then he hasn’t really been good since. He is a head case and thinks he should be a lot more than what he actually is. That’s the game you play when you get 1st rounders to school, they want the moon and back and cry when they don’t get it.

Now Tommy White in that stadium scares me. He gonna be hitting baseballs over the intimidator in right field. But he is one guy. One guy can’t beat you in baseball.

AROB44
06-24-2022, 05:59 PM
One guy can?t beat you in baseball.

Unless it's a pitcher.

Commercecomet24
06-24-2022, 06:09 PM

You might be surprised. Let it play out.

VandelayIndustries
06-24-2022, 06:19 PM
LSU is loosing a ton to the portal and draft. Jay Johnson has been very candid that they would be active in the portal and not wait on the draft. He has said they would figure it out after the draft. Which to me is what you should do. Not wait til after the draft to start hitting the portal.

Now I actually feel better about what we have after looking at everything. We will be better next year and really good the following year. Remember, this is Lemonis lowest rated class he has.

Oh and if Little was that good, he would have pitched this year for Vandy. We tore his ass up in Omaha and then he hasn?t really been good since. He is a head case and thinks he should be a lot more than what he actually is. That?s the game you play when you get 1st rounders to school, they want the moon and back and cry when they don?t get it.

Now Tommy White in that stadium scares me. He gonna be hitting baseballs over the intimidator in right field. But he is one guy. One guy can?t beat you in baseball.

Yea agree Little doesn?t scare me but getting White makes that lineup even more scarier

jacksondawg
06-24-2022, 06:30 PM
Apparently LSU isn't done with bringing in big name portal players. They are expecting 4 or 5 more top names.

Tripp McNeely
06-24-2022, 06:38 PM
Apparently LSU isn't done with bringing in big name portal players. They are expecting 4 or 5 more top names.

They need/have to! They have about half a roster at this point

Cooterpoot
06-24-2022, 06:42 PM
We're taking the same approach as last year, except we're a last place team.

jacksondawg
06-24-2022, 06:43 PM
We're taking the same approach as last year, except we're a last place team.

Is that a good thing or bad thing?

99jc
06-24-2022, 06:43 PM
Bert you are a 17ing idiot.

tommy White to LSWHO https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article262872868.html

StarkVegasSteve
06-24-2022, 07:26 PM
Our coaches are being FAR too cautious right now. We need to step it up. We are on a lot of guys but we need to start pushing for commitments. There are 2-3 that would commit right now if we pushed them.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-24-2022, 07:31 PM
LSU going out and buying multiple top guys.

I'm telling you, NIL = State baseball is OVER. We will never compete with the $ big names put into the sport, even if we pool our money and they throw scaps at the sport after Football and Basketball. The scale of how poor we are relative to them is massive

TNDawg35
06-24-2022, 07:37 PM
LSU going out and buying multiple top guys.

I'm telling you, NIL = State baseball is OVER. We will never compete with the $ big names put into the sport, even if we pool our money and they throw scaps at the sport after Football and Basketball. The scale of how poor we are relative to them is massive

Good thing about baseball is the most talented teams don’t always win. Look at UT. I would rather have a bunch of gritty hard nosed players who want to be here instead of a bunch of hired guns. They get Little for one year and Tommy White for 2 (don’t know if he is eligible next year). State baseball isn’t over. Good lord. Chill the **** out. Some of y’all do nothing but sit there and find something else to bitch about. Y’all think buying players is something new? How do y’all think OM got that #1 recruiting class the one year with like 3 first rounders? They bought it…

Baseball has a way of making a player look like an all American one year and then a douche the next.

I’m telling y’all, LSU had to go get some players. They lost/will loose a TON… They we’re Fixen to be bad.

Coach34
06-24-2022, 08:09 PM
The problem is other teams are adding talented proven players and we are lagging behind. We are seeing in real time other schools add top talent while we are still hoping to get some mid-major players. I can handle losing guys in football and basketball due to cost in millions those sports require. Baseball simply needs 1-1.5 million to get what you need.

We can handle that especially with our history, support, and facilities

Coach34
06-24-2022, 08:23 PM
Good thing about baseball is the most talented teams don’t always win. Look at UT. I would rather have a bunch of gritty hard nosed players who want to be here instead of a bunch of hired guns. They get Little for one year and Tommy White for 2 (don’t know if he is eligible next year). State baseball isn’t over. Good lord. Chill the **** out. Some of y’all do nothing but sit there and find something else to bitch about. Y’all think buying players is something new? How do y’all think OM got that #1 recruiting class the one year with like 3 first rounders? They bought it…

Baseball has a way of making a player look like an all American one year and then a douche the next.

I’m telling y’all, LSU had to go get some players. They lost/will loose a TON… They we’re Fixen to be bad.

The most talented team doesnt always win- but the most talented team beat the absolute **** out of us in Sville this season including the worst loss in State history. I personally dont want that to happen again.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-24-2022, 08:48 PM

Ahh yes, the "talent doesn't matter, we'll win with grit!" Narative. It's not like the top teams in the country every year in every sport have really good recruiting or anything, cause talent doesn't matter.

LSU lost a ton? Yeah. And they're REPLACING IT WITH THE TOP TRANSFER IN THE COUNTRY! We need a complete roster makeover and we're hoping mid major guys pick us, as we miss on some targets.

Talent matters. Money buys talent. We don't have money. Do the math.

Homedawg
06-24-2022, 09:34 PM
The most talented team doesnt always win- but the most talented team beat the absolute **** out of us in Sville this season including the worst loss in State history. I personally dont want that to happen again.

Yeah nobody is winning wo talent. Yes ole miss is hot but going into the year, everyone thought they'd have a very good offense. It's picked up and Delucia and Elliot have really picked up the pace and become quality guys.

Activated Alpha
06-24-2022, 09:54 PM
Look if Lemonis can?t sell our program after we just won the Natty and keep recruiting at an elite level then it won?t last long here after multiple losing seasons

StarkVegasSteve
06-24-2022, 10:06 PM
Look if Lemonis can?t sell our program after we just won the Natty and keep recruiting at an elite level then it won?t last long here after multiple losing seasons

I am not sold that he can recruit in the new age of college athletics. Cannizzaro could, Lemonis I am not so sure on.

The Federalist Engineer
06-24-2022, 10:58 PM
I am not sold that he can recruit in the new age of college athletics. Cannizzaro could, Lemonis I am not so sure on.

If we don't have a new and better pitching staff enrolling in August, then Lemonis is heading to something really bad. Polk II scale.

If you can't recruit as a National Champion, you probably don't recruit as last place.

Cowbell
06-25-2022, 12:35 AM
You might be surprised. Let it play out.

Don't you tease Man

Saltydog
06-25-2022, 07:39 AM
They need/have to! They have about half a roster at this point

So they're just like us......

ZedFedder
06-25-2022, 07:39 AM
Lemonis’s classes in the 23-25 classes are really solid. That 25 class already has 2 top 10 guys. He can recruit. I just don’t see why we haven’t reeled in some bigger fish, but I will be patient.

ZedFedder
06-25-2022, 07:40 AM
When is the deadline for portal guys to announce their destinations?

Saltydog
06-25-2022, 07:43 AM
It's a concern but player development or lack thereof and poor player evaluation are just as concerning if not more....

Dawgfan77
06-25-2022, 08:04 AM

Lemonis inherited alphas that won. He is not an elite recruiter and he is not an elite coach. Happy we won the National championship last year but we zero momentum and couldn't build on that. As long as Lemonis is here we won't win anything else.

WinningIsRelentless
06-25-2022, 08:16 AM
It's a concern but player development or lack thereof and poor player evaluation are just as concerning if not more....

We are no longer in the player development time of college athletics with the transfer portal. You either produce or move on.

TNDawg35
06-25-2022, 08:16 AM
Lemonis inherited alphas that won. He is not an elite recruiter and he is not an elite coach. Happy we won the National championship last year but we zero momentum and couldn't build on that. As long as Lemonis is here we won't win anything else.

This may be the dumbest shit I have ever read on here and that’s saying something…

Cooterpoot
06-25-2022, 08:32 AM
We are no longer in the player development time of college athletics with the transfer portal. You either produce or move on.

Not true. You'll never have a full team of transfers unless you have a coaching change. The people that keep saying this are wrong. TN and AU took transfers that were nothing special last year and turned them into top SEC players at their positions. There's always going to be development. We aren't going to stop recruiting HS players either. But now it'll include some polishing more than full development. I'd say Yeager developed/polished up his skills this year.
People comparing us to LSU are comparing apples to oranges too. They've got more available spots than us and can toss out more offers. And we weren't taking White when we've already got a big hitting 1B. White had demands to play and not just hit.
I'm not completely happy with things, but it's not like we're sucking at recruiting.

Homedawg
06-25-2022, 09:17 AM
Not true. You'll never have a full team of transfers unless you have a coaching change. The people that keep saying this are wrong. TN and AU took transfers that were nothing special last year and turned them into top SEC players at their positions. There's always going to be development. We aren't going to stop recruiting HS players either. But now it'll include some polishing more than full development. I'd say Yeager developed/polished up his skills this year.
People comparing us to LSU are comparing apples to oranges too. They've got more available spots than us and can toss out more offers. And we weren't taking White when we've already got a big hitting 1B. White had demands to play and not just hit.
I'm not completely happy with things, but it's not like we're sucking at recruiting.

To add- and lsu has WAY more nil money than we do. And it's not close. What they spent on Tommy is way out of our league. Not saying we would have gotten him, but it was a non starter. Also your point about development is important. Everyone wants to bash us for not taking Sonny D last year. We shouldn't have. He was a 271 hitter w one year left. We already had a first baseman that had put up similar numbers to him. He just blew up. Good for him.

Homedawg
06-25-2022, 09:20 AM

I love how you base that off of one season. One, in which, we lost the best pitcher in the country and 4 more arms. But you have the right to make that assumption...

Goldendawg
06-25-2022, 09:28 AM
I love how you base that off of one season. One, in which, we lost the best pitcher in the country and 4 more arms. But you have the right to make that assumption...

What bothers me was the issues and high eras of the pitching staff that weren't injured. One save in the SEC, I read?

Cooterpoot
06-25-2022, 09:29 AM
To add- and lsu has WAY more nil money than we do. And it's not close. What they spent on Tommy is way out of our league. Not saying we would have gotten him, but it was a non starter. Also your point about development is important. Everyone wants to bash us for not taking Sonny D last year. We shouldn't have. He was a 271 hitter w one year left. We already had a first baseman that had put up similar numbers to him. He just blew up. Good for him.

Yep. And LSU has always had more money. It's not like that's really new. Just like Vandy has. A kid with a good ACT score can go to LSU and get $75K JUST in scholarship money. Then they simply toss in the NIL money and they're up there.

Homedawg
06-25-2022, 09:34 AM
What bothers me was the issues and high eras of the pitching staff that weren't injured. One save in the SEC, I read?

While I can't argue with it some, most even, didn't make strides. Course we were having to put the same guys out there game after game one injury caused a major domino.

Cooterpoot
06-25-2022, 09:35 AM

Well, relievers had to start and a couple kids haven't developed. We lost one guy that could close and the other moved to the rotation. Everybody knows I'm no Foxhall fan, but it's not 100% on him either. We literally ran out of arms.
Look how many games we lost late. We just didn't have the arms. That's what has to be addressed this time in the portal.
We've got somethings lined up but the draft has to fall our way or I'm afraid we're going to have issues again.

Homedawg
06-25-2022, 09:48 AM
Well, relievers had to start and a couple kids haven't developed. We lost one guy that could close and the other moved to the rotation. Everybody knows I'm no Foxhall fan, but it's not 100% on him either. We literally ran out of arms.
Look how many games we lost late. We just didn't have the arms. That's what has to be addressed this time in the portal.
We've got somethings lined up but the draft has to fall our way or I'm afraid we're going to have issues again.

Pretty spot on.

Mjoelner34
06-25-2022, 10:57 AM

Since you know, how much did LSU pay for him and how much NIL money do we have?

Homedawg
06-25-2022, 11:02 AM
Since you know, how much did LSU pay for him and how much NIL money do we have?

200 is the word and they have a mil for baseball alone. .... the latter question I don't know the exact answer of what our nil baseball budget is, but it's not 200k for one position player.

Mjoelner34
06-25-2022, 11:16 AM
200 is the word and they have a mil for baseball alone. .... the latter question I don't know the exact answer of what our nil baseball budget is, but it's not 200k for one position player.

Thanks. Hoping Charlie Winfield's plan can at least close the baseball gap. There's no use even trying in football or basketball in my opinion. We will never be an NIL drop in the bucket in those two sports.

Homedawg
06-25-2022, 11:17 AM
Thanks. Hoping Charlie Winfield's plan can at least close the baseball gap. There's no use even trying in football or basketball in my opinion. We will never be an NIL drop in the bucket in those two sports.

Charlie is doing a great job and doing all he can....

WSOPdawg
06-25-2022, 11:24 AM
Lemonis?s classes in the 23-25 classes are really solid. That 25 class already has 2 top 10 guys. He can recruit. I just don?t see why we haven?t reeled in some bigger fish, but I will be patient.

Does that mean we can count on them to make it to Dudy Noble or that they are extremely high draft risks with virtually no shot of stepping foot on campus? If it's the latter, that's poor planning so I'm hoping for the first option.

Homedawg
06-25-2022, 11:42 AM
Does that mean we can count on them to make it to Dudy Noble or that they are extremely high draft risks with virtually no shot of stepping foot on campus? If it's the latter, that's poor planning so I'm hoping for the first option.
We are going after more big fish way more and committing more. Some we will lose. Some we will keep. Can't get them if you can get them to sign w you in the first place.

Dawgfan77
06-25-2022, 11:42 AM

I base it off lack of development, lack of urgency, lack in game adjustment, and what seems like complacency.
Now if you refute those statements I'll be glad to hear those out

Commercecomet24
06-25-2022, 11:45 AM

Nailed it.

Homedawg
06-25-2022, 11:50 AM
I base it off lack of development, lack of urgency, lack in game adjustment, and what seems like complacency.

How can you tell about urgency or complacency??? As for development, pretty much every hitter got better. Maybe not the amount fans or coaches wanted but they all improved to a degree.

basedog
06-25-2022, 11:55 AM
For years I have read and heard Msu fans saying, "we can't compete", bull crap, we have improved over the decades it isn't even close to not competing. Yes ups and downs but we are still in the top overall conference in America and there isn't any other conference close, so we are and will be in competition for the future. Some of you guys act like 120 football programs have way more than us, not true, same with basketball......cough cough our weakest sport and baseball. We will be fine in baseball, yes it was a crappy year but it ain't our first one either.

Commercecomet24
06-25-2022, 11:58 AM

Lemonis has always recruited elite players everywhere he's been. Heck he built the Louisville roster that went to the cws. He's continuing to recruit elite players. Yeah all won't make it to campus because if your recruit potential first and second round picks you will definitely lose some to the draft. It's just the way baseball is and we have some dang good players committed in the next few classes already.

Goldendawg
06-25-2022, 01:09 PM

In today's what have you done for me lately world, dropping from National Champs to last in the SEC West in one year is really hard to understand. Here's to a very much better 2023.

BrunswickDawg
06-25-2022, 01:52 PM
In today's what have you done for me lately world, dropping from National Champs to last in the SEC West in one year is really hard to understand. Here's to a very much better 2023.

It?s not hard to understand. We lost our entire weekend rotation from ?21, then lost Sims, Simmons, Hunt, and others which thinned out pitching. Add to it that the ?20 class pitchers had zero development time in ?21 because we carried 25 pitchers on the expanded COVID roster and you have a mess. And in spite of that we were still in the hunt coming out of the Ole Miss series. We ran out of bullpen gas kind of like our women?s basketball team that only had 6 players did. Oh, and we play in the deepest division in the toughest conference in college baseball which had 3 teams in the CWS this year.

We need to do better, but it?s not hard to map out what happened. It?s actually not very different then what happened to Auburn and A&M last year. Once a team shows a weakness, the knives come out and the bloodbath begins. And where did both of those last place teams wind up this year?

Offshore Dawg
06-25-2022, 07:20 PM
We are going after more big fish way more and committing more. Some we will lose. Some we will keep. Can't get them if you can get them to sign w you in the first place.

So, who have we gotten this year ??

Bothrops
06-25-2022, 11:43 PM
Who have we brought on board, in say......the last 7 days?

Dawgfan77
06-26-2022, 08:43 AM
Our biggest rival trotting out freshman pitchers in the CWS... while our freshman transfer out.. some fans want to be loyal to a fault with lemonis, but where is our development?

AlSwearengen
06-26-2022, 12:07 PM
Our biggest rival trotting out freshman pitchers in the CWS... while our freshman transfer out.. some fans want to be loyal to a fault with lemonis, but where is our development?

I’m not defending any coaches here, just pointing out for the umpteen millionth time that the last couple of classes, which were recruited mostly during the constant coaching turnover, weren’t loaded with top tier talent. You can develop kids all day long but if their bat speed doesn’t equate to hitting 94 mph fastballs, they are going to struggle against SEC pitching.

Now, if Tepper and a couple others who have left, go someplace and start mowing down SEC hitters, we will know there is a problem. Same with the hitters.

StarkVegasSteve
06-26-2022, 02:20 PM
I’m not defending any coaches here, just pointing out for the umpteen millionth time that the last couple of classes, which were recruited mostly during the constant coaching turnover, weren’t loaded with top tier talent. You can develop kids all day long but if their bat speed doesn’t equate to hitting 94 mph fastballs, they are going to struggle against SEC pitching.

Now, if Tepper and a couple others who have left, go someplace and start mowing down SEC hitters, we will know there is a problem. Same with the hitters.

People will eventually realize that Foxhall is a terrible pitching coach and an even worse developer of pitchers. Skelton called his own games in 19, which is why we were as good as we were that year and we were honestly just good in spite of him last year. Not hard to say 17 it put in Landon.

Todd4State
06-26-2022, 02:23 PM
People will eventually realize that Foxhall is a terrible pitching coach and an even worse developer of pitchers. Skelton called his own games in 19, which is why we were as good as we were that year and we were honestly just good in spite of him last year. Not hard to say 17 it put in Landon.

Unfortunately it's going to take another year for our fans to figure this out.

That is assuming they don't blame Gautreau for the offense not scoring 10 runs a game again.

The Federalist Engineer
06-26-2022, 09:07 PM

That is assuming they don't blame Gautreau for the offense not scoring 10 runs a game again.

MSU just finds ways to destroy prosperity. Whether the fans blame or can ID Foxhall as the reason for this disaster matters little. He's the coach next year. After being the coach for last 4 seasons. Now we just need Ole Miss to make all the same mistakes like keep all their bad players, totally avoid and ignore the portal, pin their future hopes on a class of fake-as-hell commitments in 2025, and then have a summer of parades.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/JovialEssentialBarebirdbat-max-1mb.gif

The Federalist Engineer
06-26-2022, 09:15 PM
So, who have we gotten this year ??

We are all waiting for the "elite" recruiting to kick in.

As of right now, this is looking like a dead-last in the SEC team again.

Quaoarsking
06-27-2022, 08:26 AM
I'm guessing we're not getting McCants anymore?

msstate7
06-27-2022, 08:42 AM
We are all waiting for the "elite" recruiting to kick in.

As of right now, this is looking like a dead-last in the SEC team again.

Coming from you, this is concerning. You seem to be a pretty optimistic guy

WinningIsRelentless
06-27-2022, 08:53 AM

Based on what facts do you come up with he?s a bad coach?

maroonmania
06-27-2022, 11:20 AM

I'm not really worried about our fans. What I am worried about is Lemonis if Foxhall is really not what we need as a pitching coach and Lemonis can't recognize it. We are paying right at the highest in the country for our assistants so we shouldn't be paying that for someone who isn't among the very elite in the area they coach. If we don't have some of the very best assistants in the country that is a big Lemonis issue.

WinningIsRelentless
06-27-2022, 11:41 AM
I'm not really worried about our fans. What I am worried about is Lemonis if Foxhall is really not what we need as a pitching coach and Lemonis can't recognize it. We are paying right at the highest in the country for our assistants so we shouldn't be paying that for someone who isn't among the very elite in the area they coach. If we don't have some of the very best assistants in the country that is a big Lemonis issue.

Do you think Cohen being a baseball guy himself would have agreed to the raise if he didn?t think Foxhall was good? You have two successful head coaches making the decision he is good.

Todd4State
06-27-2022, 12:53 PM
Based on what facts do you come up with he?s a bad coach?

1. Too many arm injuries. Could be an outlier. Could be issues with our strength and conditioning. Which yes isn't totally on him.

2. Too many pitchers that have no clue where the strike zone is. Our pitchers mechanics are awful. Just all over the place with no consistency. See Fristoe.

3. Questionable pitching decisions. Tried to "save" pitchers and then would end up not even throwing them. Putting guys in bad positions causing them to fail hurting their confidence. Putting guys who repeatedly fail on the mound while others who fail one time sit forever. Pitching our shortstop unnecessarily.

4. Predictable pitch call selection.

5. Didn't get any LHP out of the portal when he knew we only had one veteran LHP on the roster.

WinningIsRelentless
06-27-2022, 01:13 PM
1. Too many arm injuries. Could be an outlier. Could be issues with our strength and conditioning. Which yes isn't totally on him.

2. Too many pitchers that have no clue where the strike zone is. Our pitchers mechanics are awful. Just all over the place with no consistency. See Fristoe.

3. Questionable pitching decisions. Tried to "save" pitchers and then would end up not even throwing them. Putting guys in bad positions causing them to fail hurting their confidence. Putting guys who repeatedly fail on the mound while others who fail one time sit forever. Pitching our shortstop unnecessarily.

4. Predictable pitch call selection.

5. Didn't get any LHP out of the portal when he knew we only had one veteran LHP on the roster.

1) Arm issues are going to happen especially considering how many games these kids play even before arriving on campus. Could some of it be Foxhall of course but he wasn?t an issue till this year.

2) Mechanics has very little to do with control and more to do with velo. Focus has more to do with control. See Fristoe. Great one inning horrible the next.

3) Lemo makes the final decisions so wouldn?t this be on him?

4) Maybe or maybe not. When you have limited pitchers and pitchers who struggle at times you are going to become predictable. You are always going to try to get ahead in the count and if you don?t have pitchers who are comfortable with anything other than one pitch at that time you are going to call it.

5) That?s on Lemo as much as it is Foxhall again

Coach34
06-27-2022, 01:22 PM
Foxhall came to State with a rep as one of the best out there. This was the opinion at the time. Nobody can say that he did a good job in 2022. You simply cant.

So that means we need to something in 2023 that's positive. It's that simple

As far as pitching management- thats been questionable since Lemon/Fox got to campus. Not sure who has the final call but it's most likely Lemon. However, I cant imagine Fox saying let's pull him and Lemon saying let him go another happening too often.

KOdawg1
06-27-2022, 01:41 PM
Josh Day from Mizzou is in the portal. He's from Natchez and went to Co-Lin. Played SS and hit .340 with 7 HRs for the tigers this year.

He's a draft risk but you absolutely have to make a run at him.

WSOPdawg
06-27-2022, 01:47 PM
Josh Day from Mizzou is in the portal. He's from Natchez and went to Co-Lin. Played SS and hit .340 with 7 HRs for the tigers this year.

He's a draft risk but you absolutely have to make a run at him.

He was the one that went yard to win game 3 against us this year.

KOdawg1
06-27-2022, 01:55 PM
He was the one that went yard to win game 3 against us this year.

Correct. He's your lead off guy next if you get him

Todd4State
06-27-2022, 02:30 PM
1) Arm issues are going to happen especially considering how many games these kids play even before arriving on campus. Could some of it be Foxhall of course but he wasn?t an issue till this year.

2) Mechanics has very little to do with control and more to do with velo. Focus has more to do with control. See Fristoe. Great one inning horrible the next.

3) Lemo makes the final decisions so wouldn?t this be on him?

4) Maybe or maybe not. When you have limited pitchers and pitchers who struggle at times you are going to become predictable. You are always going to try to get ahead in the count and if you don?t have pitchers who are comfortable with anything other than one pitch at that time you are going to call it.

5) That?s on Lemo as much as it is Foxhall again

1. Maybe our staff and players didn't condition themselves as well as they should have coming off of a National Championship? I can understand 2-3 injuries. Six is excessive. And that needs to be looked at and addressed by the MSU staff.

2. If your mechanics are off it absolutely can affect command and control. And if your pitching coach focuses mostly on velo in recruiting they better be elite at teaching command because throwing 97 to the backstop is just as worthless as 65 to the backstop. Even in MLB today there are pitchers who are some of the best that absolutely live at 92.

3. It is on Lemonis. That doesn't mean that Lemonis is the the root cause. Just that he is responsible for making sure it gets fixed.

4. That's 100% in the pitching coach with our coaching set up. And even with your rebuttal that goes back to issue number one. So it's still the fault of the staff.

5. That is on Lemonis at least partially. Part of the input comes from the pitching coach on that though. "Tullar is going to be really good next year coach and Walling is going to be elite. We'll be fine coach."

DownwardDawg
06-27-2022, 02:48 PM
Last year was some of the best pitching management I've ever seen. Not sure I understand the hate for Foxhall after one bad year. If our pitching sucks again next year, I'll be in the bashing crowd also.

State82
06-27-2022, 02:56 PM
It is on Lemonis. That doesn't mean that Lemonis is the the root cause. Just that he is responsible for making sure it gets fixed.

It is time for Lemonis to enter Ricky Bobby mode and wake up every morning and "piss excellence".

Todd4State
06-27-2022, 04:07 PM
Last year was some of the best pitching management I've ever seen. Not sure I understand the hate for Foxhall after one bad year. If our pitching sucks again next year, I'll be in the bashing crowd also.

In what way?

Goldendawg
06-27-2022, 04:18 PM
I'm guessing we're not getting McCants anymore?

I asked that yesterday. Also is he bringing Gonzalez?****** Got crickets for a reply who stated this rumor.

Todd4State
06-27-2022, 04:20 PM
I asked that yesterday. Also is he bringing Gonzalez?****** Got crickets for a reply who stated this rumor.

That was speculation back when Ole Miss was ready to fire Bianco from over a month ago. I do not believe that will happen at this time.

Goldendawg
06-27-2022, 04:25 PM
That was speculation back when Ole Miss was ready to fire Bianco from over a month ago. I do not believe that will happen at this time.

No kidding.

DownwardDawg
06-27-2022, 06:25 PM
In what way?

The way we saved arms all season long like our fanbase was bitching every weekend because Sims couldn't throw more that 1-2 innings a weekend. Then when we needed him to win a Natty he was strong. He could go 3-4 innings. Bednar was brought along nicely as well and moved from Saturday to our ace for the World Series. Those are just two things that jump out at me right now. I remember thinking that Foxhall did great last year.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-27-2022, 10:25 PM
The way we saved arms all season long like our fanbase was bitching every weekend because Sims couldn't throw more that 1-2 innings a weekend. Then when we needed him to win a Natty he was strong. He could go 3-4 innings. Bednar was brought along nicely as well and moved from Saturday to our ace for the World Series. Those are just two things that jump out at me right now. I remember thinking that Foxhall did great last year.

I?m not bashing Foxhall, but remember last year was different for everyone because of roster numbers. This year is more indicative of what Foxhall will have to work with. Any idiot could manage a 2021 pitching staff, because everyone had tons of bodies. Pitching wise, we need to recruit better, identify talent better, and coach better. The injuries this year were hopefully just bad luck.

BuckyIsAB****
06-27-2022, 10:29 PM
If we arent after the Mizzou kid then I will be concerned

Commercecomet24
06-27-2022, 10:38 PM
If we arent after the Mizzou kid then I will be concerned

We are after him, draft is big concern with him right now.

Todd4State
06-27-2022, 11:12 PM

I thought you were talking about this year. LOL.

BrunswickDawg
06-28-2022, 07:31 AM
I?m not bashing Foxhall, but remember last year was different for everyone because of roster numbers. This year is more indicative of what Foxhall will have to work with. Any idiot could manage a 2021 pitching staff, because everyone had tons of bodies. Pitching wise, we need to recruit better, identify talent better, and coach better. The injuries this year were hopefully just bad luck.

Again, that is where you also have to look at a guys long term track record. When Fox came here he was considered one of the best in the game and his staffs have historically produced. Fox has been here 4 seasons and had one bad season. Set aside people carping about "I wouldn't call that pitch" or "i would have yanked him an inning earlier" and look at our overall. 2019 - 4th in ERA in the SEC, 1st in K's, 4th in walks allowed, 5th in BA against and set school record for K's; 2020 - our staff was real legit, but it hard to gauge stats since there was no SEC play - but a 2.85 ERA, 12-4 record, only 4 HR allowed, a .187 BA against, carried us early that season because our offense was scuffling and last in the league in Runs Scored. 2021 speaks for itself.

TNDawg35
06-28-2022, 07:56 AM
Vandy SS Carter Young headed to LSU also? Jay Johnson on a roll?

KOdawg1
06-28-2022, 08:30 AM
Yeah the Tigers aren't playing around. They're working with the urgency I wish we were working with. Things hopefully will pick up here soon.

Hambone
06-28-2022, 09:31 AM
When you have 10?s of millions to throw around this is what you can expect.

Unfortunately we don?t even have ones of millions to throw around

The Federalist Engineer
06-28-2022, 11:06 AM
When you have 10?s of millions to throw around this is what you can expect.

Unfortunately we don?t even have ones of millions to throw around

https://lsusports.net/news/2021/07/01/nilsu-the-real-deal/

Could be cool marketing to get players but it seems LSU baseball Nil deals are big enough that baseball recipients do not need a scholarship afterwards.

Unofficial number is that Dylan Crews gets 20/50K in NIL deals. That's not pennies but also not Millions. My other uneducated guess is that the payouts are logarithmic in scale. For every 50K player, there are 1,000 with 1K deals.

Watching the "NILSU" video, it's football and basketball at LSU than can become monsters. Shaquille O'Neal is a gregarious billionaire and media figure. Quite the asset. Payton Manning and Shaquille are about the best sports alumni you can have.

Homedawg
06-28-2022, 11:21 AM

The guy was awful all year. Got benched. Has regressed every year. They can have him. Had we taken him everyone would be complaining. And so would I.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2022, 11:28 AM

Carter Young regressed badly this past year. He hit .207 with .380 slugging pct, 66 K's and .327 obp. LSU is getting him mostly to shore up their defense as it was pretty bad this past year. He may hit a few hrs but he's not gonna help much at the plate.

DownwardDawg
06-28-2022, 12:11 PM
I thought you were talking about this year. LOL.

OMG noooo!!!! Lol

Mjoelner34
06-28-2022, 12:28 PM
Carter Young regressed badly this past year. He hit .207 with .380 slugging pct, 66 K's and .327 obp. LSU is getting him mostly to shore up their defense as it was pretty bad this past year. He may hit a few hrs but he's not gonna help much at the plate.

He wasn't much help in the field either at Omaha in 2021.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2022, 12:59 PM
He wasn't much help in the field either at Omaha in 2021.

Truth!

Todd4State
06-28-2022, 01:27 PM
The guy was awful all year. Got benched. Has regressed every year. They can have him. Had we taken him everyone would be complaining. And so would I.

Yeah. Our fans would be like "why did we take a guy that is worse that Forsythe defensively and has a lower batting average?"

He goes to Vandy "We're getting killed in the portal!"

Cooterpoot
06-28-2022, 01:31 PM
��

Todd4State
06-28-2022, 01:32 PM
https://lsusports.net/news/2021/07/01/nilsu-the-real-deal/

Could be cool marketing to get players but it seems LSU baseball Nil deals are big enough that baseball recipients do not need a scholarship afterwards.

Unofficial number is that Dylan Crews gets 20/50K in NIL deals. That's not pennies but also not Millions. My other uneducated guess is that the payouts are logarithmic in scale. For every 50K player, there are 1,000 with 1K deals.

Watching the "NILSU" video, it's football and basketball at LSU than can become monsters. Shaquille O'Neal is a gregarious billionaire and media figure. Quite the asset. Payton Manning and Shaquille are about the best sports alumni you can have.

When you mentioned Shaq it reminded me that we are about to have several of our former players get called up to MLB soon- and some of them will be getting a big payday in a few years. Instead of having them build a building like Palmeiro we need to start asking them to contribute to NIL. Get a couple of them to contribute or earmark a million to NIL and then we're talking about a whole different level of player we can attract. The rest of us can fund Houston Harding.

FlytheW3
06-28-2022, 02:45 PM
Amani Larry is transferring in. He played 2nd base at University of New Orleans last year. He played at East Central CC his freshman season.

BrunswickDawg
06-28-2022, 02:54 PM
Amani Larry is transferring in. He played 2nd base at University of New Orleans last year. He played at East Central CC his freshman season.

Burry the led there - a .370 hitter, 16 SB, 56 RBI, 9 HR - SOLID Get

No BS Dawg
06-28-2022, 03:21 PM

Really nice, under the radar pick up. This guy is a dirtbag, one of the highest compliments a baseball player can get IMO. He could be be our Dubrule/Yeager next year.

basedog
06-28-2022, 03:30 PM
Really nice, under the radar pick up. This guy is a dirtbag, one of the highest compliments a baseball player can get IMO. He could be be our Dubrule/Yeager next year.

Like I posted a while back, "There are lots of sleepers". Quit panicking as we are a Baseball School, always have been.

Leroy Jenkins
06-28-2022, 03:39 PM
Quit panicking as we are a Baseball School, always have been.

I think that is the reason for the "panic", we are a baseball school that is not good at baseball.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2022, 03:44 PM

I watched this kid play at ECCC. This is a very good pickup! Line drive hitter with pop and can really run.

Cooterpoot
06-28-2022, 04:03 PM
����
Not the last one we're getting this week.

State82
06-28-2022, 04:07 PM
Burry the led there - a .370 hitter, 16 SB, 56 RBI, 9 HR - SOLID Get

Pretty impressive. Good get.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2022, 05:16 PM
����

This. Been trying to encourage folks to be patient.

Todd4State
06-28-2022, 05:34 PM

It's impossible. I've tried too.

I watched this kid play at ECCC. This is a very good pickup! Line drive hitter with pop and can really run.

His Dad played in the Yankees system so he comes from a good baseball family.

Todd4State
06-28-2022, 05:36 PM
����

I would love it if Skenes and Nixon picked us tomorrow during Ole Miss's victory party.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2022, 05:42 PM
It's impossible. I've tried too.

His Dad played in the Yankees system so he comes from a good baseball family.

Yeah this is not like ordering off the menu at McDonald's 😂! Lot of variables in this thing.

ZedFedder
06-28-2022, 06:36 PM
I would love it if Skenes and Nixon picked us tomorrow during Ole Miss's victory party.

I’ve been out of the loop. Who is Nixon? And what are the prospects with Thatcher Hurd?

KOdawg1
06-28-2022, 07:26 PM
Who is Nixon?

Closer for Texas the last two seasons.

Put up great numbers as a freshman but slumped a little this year, thus why he's in the portal.

But he's a guy with good stuff and CWS experience, so he'd be a great get.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2022, 07:31 PM
Skenes would be such a big get.

AlSwearengen
06-28-2022, 07:48 PM
What happened with the Tulane outfielder?

KOdawg1
06-28-2022, 07:52 PM
He's the difference in this team being pretty good and being a title contender again.

A legit Friday night ace who can DH.

A rotation of Skenes, Cade, and Gartman would be as good as anyone in the country.

And a lineup of

Larry - 2B
Ledbetter - LF
Hines - 1B
Skenes - DH
Portal CF (Bill Knight?)
Clark - RF
Hancock - C
Alford - 3B
Forsythe - SS

would be pretty stout too.

Coach34
06-28-2022, 08:12 PM
He's the difference in this team being pretty good and being a title contender again.

A rotation of Skenes, Cade, and Gartman would be as good as anyone in the country.

And a lineup of

Larry - 2B
Ledbetter - LF
Hines - 1B
Skenes - DH
Portal CF (Bill Knight?)
Clark - RF
Hancock - C
Alford - 3B
Forsythe - SS

Dont count out James returning just yet

BayouDawg
06-28-2022, 08:17 PM

This doesnt excite me. But maybe he will surprise me.

Coach34
06-28-2022, 08:20 PM
This doesnt excite me. But maybe he will surprise me.

He hit .303 with a .398 OBP. 14/16 on SB's. Covid has him with 2 years left so if he doesnt like his draft slot or team that picks him he can come back. We'll see

BayouDawg
06-28-2022, 08:24 PM
He hit .303 with a .398 OBP. 14/16 on SB's. Covid has him with 2 years left so if he doesnt like his draft slot or team that picks him he can come back. We'll see

Maybe so. He has to get better at getting those hits with runners on base.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2022, 08:26 PM

I didn't think at the beginning of the season James would be back. From what I've heard he's not gonna be drafted high enough to get the money he wants and there's quite a few scouts would like to see him play the outfield more. We'll see how it goes but I believe it's better than 50/50 he comes back.

Coach34
06-28-2022, 08:29 PM
I didn't think at the beginning of the season James would be back. From what I've heard he's not gonna be drafted high enough to get the money he wants and there's quite a few scouts would like to see him play the outfield more. We'll see how it goes but I believe it's better than 50/50 he comes back.

Exactly- thanks to Covid he has a chance to come back and make money. He could be our CF guy next year unless MLB surprises him and everybody else.

KOdawg1
06-28-2022, 09:17 PM

Hot damn, that would be awesome

Commercecomet24
06-28-2022, 09:20 PM
Hot damn, that would be awesome

I believe it's better than 50/50 he comes back and don't be surprised if he's in the outfield(probably cf).

Cooterpoot
06-28-2022, 09:39 PM
James in CF doesn't excite me at all. His bat is ok, his defense is not. He's hit his ceiling already.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2022, 09:43 PM
James in CF doesn't excite me at all. His bat is ok, his defense is not. He's hit his ceiling already.

He's got the speed and arm to play of. He's gonna have to put in some work but that's where scouts see him in pro ball.

Cooterpoot
06-28-2022, 09:46 PM
He's got the speed and arm to play of. He's gonna have to put in some work but that's where scouts see him in pro ball.

He's easily the most frustrating kid to me. His ability is obvious. The tools are there. He just seems to have hit the wall. And that's not saying he's bad, just he needs to get it all together. He wasn't great in CF last year. Bad Angie's and doesn't read it well. CF is tough to play.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2022, 09:56 PM
He's easily the most frustrating kid to me. His ability is obvious. The tools are there. He just seems to have hit the wall. And that's not saying he's bad, just he needs to get it all together. He wasn't great in CF last year. Bad Angie's and doesn't read it well. CF is tough to play.

Yeah I can agree with that. He's got a ton of talent. If he puts it all together he could do very well. Some guys eventually do and some guys never do. CF is tough to play. He's got work to do whether he comes back or goes to pro ball. You know yourself in pro ball you don't last long with just talent, it takes production

Todd4State
06-28-2022, 09:56 PM
I’ve been out of the loop. Who is Nixon? And what are the prospects with Thatcher Hurd?

Nixon is the closer from Texas who beat us the game before the Tanner Leggett walk off game. Hurd is likely a LSU lean at this point.

What happened with the Tulane outfielder?

Ethan Groff seems to be possibly an either/or with Knight. The one we don't get may end up at Ole Miss.

Maybe so. He has to get better at getting those hits with runners on base.

I think part of the problem was Kam isn't a two hole hitter IMO. He's much better in the 3-6 hole like we had him in 2021. Also part of the problem was lineup construction to a degree. We didn't really have a consistent leadoff hitter for awhile and when Yeager took over he started hitting all those home runs! Poor Kam.

I believe it's better than 50/50 he comes back and don't be surprised if he's in the outfield(probably cf).

I would kind of be surprised as we are targeting CF in the portal, expect Kellum Clark to be back, and have already added Ledbetter and I haven't heard of any third basemen that we're after. From what I have heard there really isn't a concensus on where he fits. You talk to one scout and he'll say that Kam is an OF. Talk to another and he may say that he is a second baseman. Another may think he's a third baseman. Definitely some moving parts here but the only way I see Kam in the outfield is if he comes back to school which I agree with the 50/50 assessment and honestly it may be more like 60/40 that he comes back. Then the other part is we're going to have to miss on Knight and Groff and I don't think that will happen.

Todd4State
06-28-2022, 10:04 PM

He has the talent to be an alpha male player but I just don't think he is. I don't think he has that "IT" that Rooker, Mangum, Tanner Allen had. He seems to struggle with pressure at times. That's not to say that he's a bad player or can't or won't be productive. I think he's better as a supporting cast player. And we need that too. I also think he needs to focus on one position whatever that is. Once everyone gets back in August and we know what the roster looks like and assuming he is back IF he is going to play the outfield we need to decide that this fall and let him take tons of reps out there. Or if it's 3B for us he needs to stay there and focus on that. The past two years he has started at SS and then moved to 3B and then this year he shuttled between 3B and LF/CF. I think that affected his play some as well.

It also seemed like his hitting approach changed during the season and went from gap to gap to dead pull hitter and it just seems like he constantly has this identity crisis as a player as far as what he is. With his experience I could easily see him hitting .300+ with 10-15 home runs while stealing 20 bases.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2022, 10:08 PM
Nixon is the closer from Texas who beat us the game before the Tanner Leggett walk off game. Hurd is likely a LSU lean at this point.

Ethan Groff seems to be possibly an either/or with Knight. The one we don't get may end up at Ole Miss.

I think part of the problem was Kam isn't a two hole hitter IMO. He's much better in the 3-6 hole like we had him in 2021. Also part of the problem was lineup construction to a degree. We didn't really have a consistent leadoff hitter for awhile and when Yeager took over he started hitting all those home runs! Poor Kam.

I would kind of be surprised as we are targeting CF in the portal, expect Kellum Clark to be back, and have already added Ledbetter and I haven't heard of any third basemen that we're after. From what I have heard there really isn't a concensus on where he fits. You talk to one scout and he'll say that Kam is an OF. Talk to another and he may say that he is a second baseman. Another may think he's a third baseman. Definitely some moving parts here but the only way I see Kam in the outfield is if he comes back to school which I agree with the 50/50 assessment and honestly it may be more like 60/40 that he comes back. Then the other part is we're going to have to miss on Knight and Groff and I don't think that will happen.

Kams best shot in pro ball is in the outfield. He's fast but he doesn't have much range on ground balls. He doesn't react well. His footwork is bad and hasn't improved. His skill set is more suited to the outfield. I haven't talked to one yet who projected him as an infielder. If he stays here i don't know where he'll wind up but there has been discussion about letting him have a shot in cf. There's so many moving parts right now it's really hard to get a grasp on where it's all headed. I would prefer groff or knight in cf myself. I know one thing the staff is busy trying to put this roster together and I believe we're gonna be ok.

Todd4State
06-28-2022, 10:15 PM

And a lineup of

Larry - 2B
Ledbetter - LF
Hines - 1B
Skenes - DH
Portal CF (Bill Knight?)
Clark - RF
Hancock - C
Alford - 3B
Forsythe - SS

Skenes would be huge. I'm also a little nervous about putting all of our eggs in his basket. I don't feel bad about getting him- I just don't know what he is going to do and there is competition for him.

The biggest thing to focus on is pitching. There aren't very many Friday night guys in the portal. I think Nate Dohm is going to compete for a rotation spot along with Gartman and if we get Colby Holcombe he'll be in the mix as well. We need to add at least three arms to the bullpen and one needs to be a closer type and one of the others needs to be LH.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2022, 10:23 PM
Skenes would be huge. I'm also a little nervous about putting all of our eggs in his basket. I don't feel bad about getting him- I just don't know what he is going to do and there is competition for him.

The biggest thing to focus on is pitching. There aren't very many Friday night guys in the portal. I think Nate Dohm is going to compete for a rotation spot along with Gartman and if we get Colby Holcombe he'll be in the mix as well. We need to add at least three arms to the bullpen and one needs to be a closer type and one of the others needs to be LH.

Skenes would be huge pickup. We need arms and that's definitely gonna be the key to next year.

I'm convinced Brock Tapper is gonna help us this year as a freshman. Lefty he's got 3 pitches, fb that's low 90s, a plus breaking ball and a filthy change up and the dude has swag. I believe he's gonna be really good for us and winds up in the rotation before he leaves.

Todd4State
06-28-2022, 10:23 PM
Kams best shot in pro ball is in the outfield. He's fast but he doesn't have much range on ground balls. He doesn't react well. His footwork is bad and hasn't improved. His skill set is more suited to the outfield. I haven't talked to one yet who projected him as an infielder. If he stays here i don't know where he'll wind up but there has been discussion about letting him have a shot in cf. There's so many moving parts right now it's really hard to get a grasp on where it's all headed. I would prefer groff or knight in cf myself. I know one thing the staff is busy trying to put this roster together and I believe we're gonna be ok.

It may be a wait until the draft and see where things stand situation. I believe all three players we're talking about here are draft eligible. Unless Knight isn't. I know the other two definitely are. Personally if you ask me I think Kam may be better off as a utility man in pro ball because I don't know that he can really master any position. Maybe he can learn to play them decently enough that he can give himself value.

Getting Larry and Ledbetter already change the make up of our lineup- both have pop but both also have speed. Much more like what I prefer. Getting Knight or Groff only add to that.

Todd4State
06-28-2022, 10:27 PM
Skenes would be huge pickup. We need arms and that's definitely gonna be the key to next year.

That's the thing about the portal. Most Friday night guys that are legit are not likely to leave where they are IMO unless it's someone at a small school or maybe a PAC 12 school. There just aren't a lot of options out there. Tennessee got very lucky with Dollander- actually had similar stats to Dohm when he transferred to Tennessee. We're probably just as likely to find an ace from our recruiting class like Paul Maholm in 2001 or have Holcombe come in and be the anti-Andrew Walling as we are to get someone from the portal.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2022, 10:30 PM
It may be a wait until the draft and see where things stand situation. I believe all three players we're talking about here are draft eligible. Unless Knight isn't. I know the other two definitely are. Personally if you ask me I think Kam may be better off as a utility man in pro ball because I don't know that he can really master any position. Maybe he can learn to play them decently enough that he can give himself value.

Getting Larry and Ledbetter already change the make up of our lineup- both have pop but both also have speed. Much more like what I prefer. Getting Knight or Groff only add to that.

Yeah I agree on that. I also agree that Kam is a man without a real position on defense. Hes got work to do no matter where he winds up. As Cooter said it's frustrating because he has all the tools in the world and hes been a good player but the tools he has says he should be elite.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2022, 10:31 PM
That's the thing about the portal. Most Friday night guys that are legit are not likely to leave where they are IMO unless it's someone at a small school or maybe a PAC 12 school. There just aren't a lot of options out there. Tennessee got very lucky with Dollander- actually had similar stats to Dohm when he transferred to Tennessee. We're probably just as likely to find an ace from our recruiting class like Paul Maholm in 2001 or have Holcombe come in and be the anti-Andrew Walling as we are to get someone from the portal.

Funny you mention that but we're in on a couple of pac12 guys too.

Cooterpoot
06-28-2022, 10:40 PM
Dohm is going to be a beast before he's done. I said it.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2022, 11:07 PM
Dohm is going to be a beast before he's done. I said it.

He definitely has the stuff. I watched some videos of him and he looks really good. He's having a dang good summer too.

Todd4State
06-29-2022, 07:55 AM

Funny you mention that but we're in on a couple of pac12 guys too.

Other than Hurd and Kaeting? Interesting.

Cooterpoot
06-29-2022, 09:51 AM
Give me the two relief pitchers and CF we're after, along with another starting pitcher or two and I'm done. But hey, give me more if we can, lol.

Commercecomet24
06-29-2022, 10:10 AM
Other than Hurd and Kaeting? Interesting.

Yeah those 2. Hurd has the better upside but real concerns with that back injury that he has.

DownwardDawg
06-29-2022, 10:47 AM
Yeah those 2. Hurd has the better upside but real concerns with that back injury that he has.

I'm confused. Just those two? Or those two PLUS some others??

Mjoelner34
06-29-2022, 10:55 AM
LSU fans pretty sure they're getting Hurd.

Commercecomet24
06-29-2022, 11:19 AM
I'm confused. Just those two? Or those two PLUS some others??

That's the 2 from the pac12, at least the 2 from there i've heard of. Yes there are others that was just the 2 from pac12.

sandjunky
06-29-2022, 02:33 PM
Hurd to LSU

Cooterpoot
06-29-2022, 04:43 PM
Waldrup at USM just hit the portal. Wow!

TNDawg35
06-29-2022, 04:44 PM
Hurston Waldrep (so) from USM is now in the portal. Striker out 140 and only walked 33. Gotta think we are on him…. Hopefully….

BeardoMSU
06-29-2022, 04:47 PM
Hurston Waldrep (so) from USM is now in the portal. Striker out 140 and only walked 33. Gotta think we are on him…. Hopefully….

****in' better be!

Cooterpoot
06-29-2022, 04:47 PM
USM is going to get raped every year now with the portal. He's likely already set on where he's going, cough, Florida, cough or down that way. Maybe UGA.

BeardoMSU
06-29-2022, 04:50 PM
USM is going to get raped every year now with the portal. He's likely already set on where he's going, cough, Florida, cough or down that way.

Well that's great...

No BS Dawg
06-29-2022, 04:52 PM

D1 baseball is saying LSU looks like his landing spot. Said rumors of his interest in LSU prior to his portal announcement. We shall see.

BeardoMSU
06-29-2022, 04:56 PM
D1 baseball is saying LSU looks like his landing spot. Said rumors of his interest in LSU prior to his portal announcement. We shall see.

LSU is not ****ing around.

No BS Dawg
06-29-2022, 04:59 PM
Yep, buying the best college baseball team money can buy!! We better start crapping or getting off the pot. We all keep waiting for just one blockbuster portal pick-up while LSU seems to be getting one every day. I?m exercising patience, but give us something!!!

Commercecomet24
06-29-2022, 05:42 PM
Waldrup at USM just hit the portal. Wow!

Hall is leaving too. Hear he's headed to uf

Cooterpoot
06-29-2022, 05:49 PM
Everybody talks about NIL, but it's tampering we've got to learn how to work.
No honor amongst thieves. LSU is grabbing up every top player. We're hitting up Mercer, UNO, and Samford.

Commercecomet24
06-29-2022, 05:51 PM

Yeah I've wondered about what kind of tampering rules are in place but obviously there's none. This kids are being contacted before their seasons are even finished

maroonmania
06-29-2022, 06:14 PM
Everybody talks about NIL, but it's tampering we've got to learnI how to work.
No honor amongst thieves. LSU is grabbing up every top player. We're hitting up Mercer, UNO, and Samford.

I think NCAA rules are out the window at this point so who cares about tampering? I mean NIL was started as something that would be done by businesses who would pay to use a player's name, image or likeness if the player had name value. Now that's all devolved to where the fans and boosters are being asked to pool money into a collective (basically a slush fund) to buy players out of the portal or HS just to get them to come to your school before they even have any name recognition with most folks just to be able to stay competitive. What a sh!tshow college athletics is becoming.

Commercecomet24
06-29-2022, 06:18 PM

I get what you're saying. We have had a lot of success with transfers over the last few years. Our last transfer from Mercer worked out pretty good.

Cooterpoot
06-29-2022, 06:23 PM
I get what you're saying. We have had a lot of success with transfers over the last few years. Our last transfer from Mercer worked out pretty good.

Yeah, but all those others we took last year didn't pan out and that hurt us this year. Give me a top pitcher off a super regional team over a guy with a 5 ERA on a little team not doing much. Obviously there are some takes there too, especially guys with high draft potential.

Commercecomet24
06-29-2022, 06:27 PM
Yeah, but all those others we took last year didn't pan out and that hurt us this year. Give me a top pitcher off a super regional team over a guy with a 5 ERA on a little team not doing much. Obviously there are some takes there too, especially guys with high draft potential.

I'm with ya in wanting top talent too. Lsu apparently is outbidding everyone on players. I happen to have a little inside info on Waldrup. He was supposedly headed to uf after supers but looks lsu snaked them.

Cowbell
06-29-2022, 06:29 PM
I'm with ya in wanting top talent too. Lsu apparently is outbidding everyone on players. I happen to have a little inside info on Waldrup. He was supposedly headed to uf after supers but looks lsu snaked them.

Why wouldn't we have a shot? Money?

Commercecomet24
06-29-2022, 06:29 PM

Davis was a reach but pretty much everyone thought walling was gonna help.

Cowbell
06-29-2022, 06:30 PM
I remember the days when baseball players went to college for the love of the game and to be developed, before all the money changed things. Seems like just a few years ago***

I'm glad I have other hobbies...

Cowbell
06-29-2022, 06:31 PM
Davis was a reach but pretty much everyone thought walling was gonna help.

I remember us having a pretty heated argument on hear about Davis and so many of us didn't understand the take.

Coach34
06-29-2022, 06:34 PM
I'm with ya in wanting top talent too. Lsu apparently is outbidding everyone on players..

LSU wants to win another NC in baseball. They are working hard to do it

Commercecomet24
06-29-2022, 06:34 PM
Why wouldn't we have a shot? Money?

Not saying we didn't have a shot I'm just saying that his deal was pretty much done before his season was even over. I heard day after supers he was headed to uf and nothing happens that quick without prior communication. And then lsu got involved. Couple kids on usm I coached and/or know pretty well.

Commercecomet24
06-29-2022, 06:35 PM
LSU wants to win another NC in baseball. They are working hard to do it

Ain't no doubt about it.

CaptainObvious
06-29-2022, 06:59 PM
I bet LSU wants to win more NC?s. My concern is Cohen and Keenum are satisfied with the 1 on that fence and will not do what needs to be done! I perceive a Coach who likes to coach from their seat? like Our former women?s basketball coach and Lemonis, are just not going to go all in to get the players it takes in the new market. I don?t believe Leach will either. I think he is counting on his reputation to bring in skill players and the type of staff to fight like hell to Winn recruiting battles!

ImissCityBagel
06-29-2022, 07:08 PM
Having gone to the games ..I want to sweep LSU more than any other school. They dismiss us like an automatic wells bend over and enjoy it win. I would love to bury their program and all of their hopes into the ground and make them respect us. That said, they are beating us win every aspect of recruiting.

WSOPdawg
06-29-2022, 07:14 PM
I bet LSU wants to win more NC?s. My concern is Cohen and Keenum are satisfied with the 1 on that fence and will not do what needs to be done! I perceive a Coach who likes to coach from their seat? like Our former women?s basketball coach and Lemonis, are just not going to go all in to get the players it takes in the new market. I don?t believe Leach will either. I think he is counting on his reputation to bring in skill players and the type of staff to fight like hell to Winn recruiting battles!

Is 100% a definite and legitimate concern.

Cooterpoot
06-29-2022, 07:41 PM

Damn, you couldn't be more wrong

CaptainObvious
06-29-2022, 07:46 PM
Well actually I could be more wrong. But I guarantee you they ain?t committed yet. I hate to keep repeating it but if you ain?t cheating BETTER than the other cheaters these days, you ain?t trying to WIN!

Hambone
06-29-2022, 07:49 PM
It’s also mind blowing to me the amount of melt across all boards after one damn bad year.

We will not be this bad again for a while. My reasoning? We never have been.

We are getting really good players and will be adding more real soon. We haven’t forgotten how to win here.

maroonmania
06-29-2022, 07:50 PM
Well actually I could be more wrong. But I guarantee you they ain?t committed yet. I hate to keep repeating it but if you ain?t cheating BETTER than the other cheaters these days, you ain?t trying to WIN!

Cheating is still a thing?

DownwardDawg
06-29-2022, 10:03 PM
It’s also mind blowing to me the amount of melt across all boards after one damn bad year.

We are getting really good players and will be adding more real soon. We haven’t forgotten how to win here.

This. The melt has been almost comical to watch.

Todd4State
06-30-2022, 12:02 AM

This season wouldn't have been like this had our pitching staff not literally imploded with injuries. No question in my mind about that.

So we must do two things:

1. Figure out why we had so many injuries and correct that.

2. Focus more on higher end talent pitchers who can come in and contribute quickly and less on projects.

Cowbell
06-30-2022, 12:14 AM
Not saying we didn't have a shot I'm just saying that his deal was pretty much done before his season was even over. I heard day after supers he was headed to uf and nothing happens that quick without prior communication. And then lsu got involved. Couple kids on usm I coached and/or know pretty well.

I'm just asking to see if there is a reason we wouldn't have gotten him to come here. Maybe late to the party?

BeardoMSU
06-30-2022, 12:17 AM

Jesus. Christ.

TNDawg35
06-30-2022, 12:31 PM
Are we not in it with Tate Parker from PRcC? He was named nation Juco player of the year and is an outfielder. Hell we need another one. I see he is committed to USM. If we have other teams contacting our guys that are not even in the portal, why are we not trying to flip some of these other guys?

Commercecomet24
06-30-2022, 12:41 PM
Are we not in it with Tate Parker from PRcC? He was named nation Juco player of the year and is an outfielder. Hell we need another one. I see he is committed to USM. If we have other teams contacting our guys that are not even in the portal, why are we not trying to flip some of these other guys?

Tate has to stay close to home for certain reasons and thats why he's going to usm. Some things aren't as cut and dried as just offering a player money,etc.. Sometimes family matters come into play.

I've known Tate and his family since the coach pitch days. We go back a long way.

Hot Rock
06-30-2022, 01:06 PM

it ain't cheating no more is the problem. We simply don't have the NIL deals. You want better players then you and 10,000 or your friends need to get in 6 figure range to get them. We don't have Billionaires in our mist like Miami.

Pancho
06-30-2022, 03:42 PM
Delucia is reaching out to shark fans today for an NIL deal to come back next year.

Goldendawg
06-30-2022, 05:38 PM
This. The melt has been almost comical to watch.

Sorry, nothing at all comical about dropping from National Champ all the way to last in the West and not even making Hoover. Hope our rebuild is very successful for 2023. Hail State!

StarkVegasSteve
07-01-2022, 12:47 PM
Like where we sit with a couple of pitchers right now. Should be getting some positive news in the next 3-5 days.

Things remain the same with Skenes and it is basically down to Knight and Groff for the last outfield spot, may be a who commits first type of thing.

662dawg
07-01-2022, 12:49 PM
Like where we sit with a couple of pitchers right now. Should be getting some positive news in the next 3-5 days.

Things remain the same with Skenes and it is basically down to Knight and Groff for the last outfield spot, may be a who commits first type of thing.

Who is Knight?

Commercecomet24
07-01-2022, 01:14 PM

Fingers crossed but we should come out of this in pretty good shape. The next week should be pretty good.

ZedFedder
07-01-2022, 02:00 PM
Aaron Nixon just committed.

trob115
07-01-2022, 02:11 PM
Really nice pickup for the bullpen.

Cowbell
07-01-2022, 02:22 PM
This is the kind of pickup I've been waiting on. Solid.

Patrick Tibbons
07-01-2022, 02:29 PM

The commute from Wiggins to Hattiesburg everyday is doable. The commute from Wiggins to Starkville is not.

HoopsDawg
07-01-2022, 02:42 PM
This is the kind of pickup I've been waiting on. Solid.

Talented guy. Can Foxhall improve his control issues.

SilentSteel16
07-01-2022, 02:47 PM
Nixon. Isn’t he the one that TX Tech stole home on ?

The Federalist Engineer
07-01-2022, 03:04 PM
Stop the Presses....

Guess who just re-tweeted that Nixon will join Mississippi State?

https://twitter.com/paulskenes_15

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FWR0DbbUcAAN3t7?format=jpg&name=small

Pancho
07-01-2022, 03:05 PM
large

DownwardDawg
07-01-2022, 03:16 PM
Sorry, nothing at all comical about dropping from National Champ all the way to last in the West and not even making Hoover. Hope our rebuild is very successful for 2023. Hail State!

Nobody said it was. Said THE MELT on here is comical.

Commercecomet24
07-01-2022, 03:30 PM
Patience being rewarded and there's gonna be some more good news a coming. As I said earlier the next week should be very good and it started today.

Todd4State
07-01-2022, 03:35 PM
Patience being rewarded and there's gonna be some more good news a coming. As I said earlier the next week should be very good and it started today.

Nothing more American than some good baseball news.

Would love to get Knight and Kelly tomorrow for July 2, a suprise LHP for July 3 and top it off on July 4 with Skenes.

KOdawg1
07-01-2022, 04:08 PM
Paul Skenes - RHP/DH/C, Air Force
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=skenes000pau

Jackson Kelley - RHP, Mercer
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=kelley004jac

Bill Knight - CF, Mercer
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=knight000bil

Add these guys and we're back in Omaha next year

Homedawg
07-01-2022, 04:10 PM
Talked w someone yesterday who would 100% know they situation, and he said, skenes wasn't deciding til after team USA was over. He liked our position w him. But wasn't calling it a sure thing. Think the summer w Bianco bothered him some

KOdawg1
07-01-2022, 04:13 PM
Talked w someone yesterday who would 100% know they situation, and he said, skenes wasn't deciding til after team USA was over. He liked our position w him. But wasn't calling it a sure thing. Think the summer w Bianco bothered him some

Yeah I don't like that at all.

But he is good friends with Nixon, so hopefully that helps us

The Federalist Engineer
07-01-2022, 04:45 PM

From USA baseball:

"Bianco, who just finished his 24th season at Ole Miss, will lead the Collegiate National Team after capping off an historic season at the helm of the Rebels with the program’s first-ever College World Series title. He will be joined on staff by Xan Barksdale, Drew Bianco (LSU), Scott Brown (Vanderbilt), Cliff Godwin (ECU), and Josh Holliday (Oklahoma State).

Team USA will also be joined by a host of coaches and staff members to assist during Training Camp: Spencer Allen (Milwaukee Brewers), Brady Austin (ECU), 2021 Collegiate National Team Manager Elliott Avent (NC State), Josh Fisher (NC State), Kerry Kincaid, 2019 Collegiate Manager Dan McDonnell (Louisville), Josh Pike (NC State)*_, and *_Elton Pollock (Presbyterian)."

MSU has ZERO friends on this coaching staff. Pure enemies for the most part.

Mjoelner34
07-01-2022, 05:05 PM
How are we sitting with Josh Day if he doesn't get drafted or doesn't like his slot?

TheLostDawg
07-01-2022, 05:50 PM
From USA baseball:

"Bianco, who just finished his 24th season at Ole Miss, will lead the Collegiate National Team after capping off an historic season at the helm of the Rebels with the program’s first-ever College World Series title. He will be joined on staff by Xan Barksdale, Drew Bianco (LSU), Scott Brown (Vanderbilt), Cliff Godwin (ECU), and Josh Holliday (Oklahoma State).

Team USA will also be joined by a host of coaches and staff members to assist during Training Camp: Spencer Allen (Milwaukee Brewers), Brady Austin (ECU), 2021 Collegiate National Team Manager Elliott Avent (NC State), Josh Fisher (NC State), Kerry Kincaid, 2019 Collegiate Manager Dan McDonnell (Louisville), Josh Pike (NC State)*_, and *_Elton Pollock (Presbyterian)."

Well one acquaintance but I don't think for a second he'd help Lemonis if he thought he could get him

Homedawg
07-01-2022, 05:55 PM
How are we sitting with Josh Day if he doesn't get drafted or doesn't like his slot?

I haven't heard anything about us pursuing him

Commercecomet24
07-01-2022, 06:32 PM
Well one acquaintance but I don't think for a second he'd help Lemonis if he thought he could get him

He's not an acquaintance, they're best friends. Heck Dan was in the State box at the cws last year with a State shirt on. They played at citadel together and were in each other's weddings.

https://www.starkvilledailynews.com/sports/baseball-coaches-lemonis-mcdonnell-have-special-bond/article_91150f92-8f1a-11e9-9add-6b39bca59c33.html

HaggardDawg
07-01-2022, 06:37 PM
From USA baseball:

"Bianco, who just finished his 24th season at Ole Miss, will lead the Collegiate National Team after capping off an historic season at the helm of the Rebels with the program?s first-ever College World Series title. He will be joined on staff by Xan Barksdale, Drew Bianco (LSU), Scott Brown (Vanderbilt), Cliff Godwin (ECU), and Josh Holliday (Oklahoma State).

Damn Bianco trying to get the old band back together.

BrunswickDawg
07-01-2022, 07:10 PM
Knight is in the boat!

DownwardDawg
07-01-2022, 07:16 PM

They are as close best friends as it gets.

DownwardDawg
07-01-2022, 07:17 PM
Knight is in the boat!

Ok. Who is Knight??? I suck at recruiting!!!!

662dawg
07-01-2022, 07:24 PM
Ok. Who is Knight??? I suck at recruiting!!!!

Had to look it up earlier myself. Billy Knight. Very good hitter. Center Fielder from Mercer. Hits for average and power. 16 homeruns last year.

Coach34
07-01-2022, 07:26 PM
Had to look it up earlier myself. Billy Knight. Very good hitter. Center Fielder from Mercer. Hits for average and power. 16 homeruns last year.

Kam better hope the draft goes better than expected

662dawg
07-01-2022, 07:29 PM

I almost stated that Kam ain't playing in the Outfield next year lol. I guess coming back to play 3rd is still an option but Alford will have a say in that. 1st or DH maybe? Or use him as a utility player. Some at 3rd, some in the Outfield, some at 1st. Or play him in RF & DH Kellum?

DownwardDawg
07-01-2022, 07:30 PM

Awesome!! Thanks for the reply.

Commercecomet24
07-01-2022, 07:34 PM
I'd prefer Knight over Groff if I had to choose. But I have zero say in it lol.

Commercecomet24
07-01-2022, 07:34 PM

He's very good defensively as well.

662dawg
07-01-2022, 07:35 PM
I'd prefer Knight over Groff if I had to choose. But I have zero say in it lol.

Well it looks like the staff preferred the same lol

Commercecomet24
07-01-2022, 07:38 PM
Well it looks like the staff preferred the same lol

You know great minds and all that lol

Commercecomet24
07-01-2022, 07:40 PM
We are rebuilding this roster in a very very good way. Couple more arms and we're looking even better. Told y'all it was gonna be a good week.

Glad Lemonis and staff been sitting around doing nothing*****

KOdawg1
07-01-2022, 07:47 PM
Paul Skenes - RHP/DH/C, Air Force
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=skenes000pau

Jackson Kelley - RHP, Mercer
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=kelley004jac

Bill Knight - CF, Mercer
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=knight000bil

Add these guys and we're back in Omaha next year

Can cross one off the list!

Two more...

KOdawg1
07-01-2022, 07:51 PM

Feel like he'd have a spot at 3B if he came back.

But it just seems like we're preparing as if he won't be here and Alford and Downs will be the guys. They'll have some growing pains, but they'll get it done

Homedawg
07-01-2022, 07:57 PM
I almost stated that Kam ain't playing in the Outfield next year lol. I guess coming back to play 3rd is still an option but Alford will have a say in that. 1st or DH maybe? Or use him as a utility player. Some at 3rd, some in the Outfield, some at 1st. Or play him in RF & DH Kellum?

1st? Hines is playing first. Period.

Quaoarsking
07-01-2022, 07:58 PM
How good is Skenes at catching? Would he be our starting catcher in the games he's not pitching? Is that asking too much of him?

Commercecomet24
07-01-2022, 08:00 PM
How good is Skenes at catching? Would he be our starting catcher in the games he's not pitching? Is that asking too much of him?

Yeah that's to much to ask. Way to much wear and tear on not just arm but body too.

SilentSteel16
07-01-2022, 08:04 PM

No way that happens except if mid week game that he barely threw a lot on Friday.

KOdawg1
07-01-2022, 08:06 PM

Probably so. Don't think our coaches would do it. He's a potential first round pitcher next year. He can DH though.

BrunswickDawg
07-01-2022, 08:40 PM
We are rebuilding this roster in a very very good way. Couple more arms and we're looking even better. Told y'all it was gonna be a good week.

Lemo gets a lot done for a guy who never leaves that bucket

Commercecomet24
07-01-2022, 08:45 PM
Lemo gets a lot done for a guy who never leaves that bucket

Amazing isn't it? You know you don't get to be a head coach in the SEC without being ultra competitive and you know this season had to be embarrassing for him and I'm sure there were some heart to hearts he had with himself and his staff. I don't look for any repeats of this year(although a majority of this seasons issues were injuries to pitchers). The guy knows what he's doing.

Cowbell
07-01-2022, 09:36 PM
Amazing isn't it? You know you don't get to be a head coach in the SEC without being ultra competitive and you know this season had to be embarrassing for him and I'm sure there were some heart to hearts he had with himself and his staff. I don't look for any repeats of this year(although a majority of this seasons issues were injuries to pitchers). The guy knows what he's doing.

Well said man!

Thanks for giving me some optimism when I was having doubts last week

DownwardDawg
07-01-2022, 09:41 PM

Hahaha!!!!

BayouDawg
07-01-2022, 09:45 PM
Of all the coaches we we currently have I trust Lemonis the most to right the ship and not have back to back turd years.