PDA

View Full Version : So Isiaih Mosley is down to us and Mizzou...

CadaverDawg
06-06-2022, 01:57 PM
Are we now projected to lose this kid? Everyone on Twitter is saying it's going to be Mizzou. What a bummer. Our hoops program just can't stop taking L's

Leeshouldveflanked
06-06-2022, 02:05 PM
Maybe we moved on? he kept us on hold waiting for Kansas offer. The Kansas offer never came.

NCMSTFAN
06-06-2022, 02:06 PM
I've always been a little concerned about getting him because he's been waiting so long to commit to us. Some of the "insiders" were pretty confident we would get him but who knows at this point.

Pancho
06-06-2022, 02:07 PM
Kansas has been full for 2 weeks.

msstate7
06-06-2022, 02:11 PM
Maybe we moved on? he kept us on hold waiting for Kansas offer. The Kansas offer never came.

If we moved on, we dumb

NCMSTFAN
06-06-2022, 02:14 PM
If we moved on, we dumb

Lol, true. You just don't move on from that type of talent and production. I doubt we moved on, I just hope Jans has another back-up guy to go get if this falls through because we need a lead guard.

msstate7
06-06-2022, 02:14 PM
Probably just simple geography... Missouri (current, projected), Kansas (probably #1) , and Mississippi. Our location probably screwed us when he can play in sec and stay pretty much home. Oh, hes from Columbia, MO, so he can stay home

OLJWales
06-06-2022, 02:18 PM
Has Jans had any face to faces with this guy? Are we in a dead period at this time? Do we need Ben back in a Crootin Advisory roll?

ETA: Now see he's from Columbia. 17.

BrunswickDawg
06-06-2022, 02:21 PM
Probably just simple geography... Missouri (current, projected), Kansas (probably #1) , and Mississippi. Our location probably screwed us when he can play in sec and stay pretty much home. Oh, hes from Columbia, MO, so he can stay home

Why I looked at us as an underdog from the start. I think us being in it speaks volumes about Jans

NCMSTFAN
06-06-2022, 02:27 PM
Has Jans had any face to faces with this guy? Are we in a dead period at this time? Do we need Ben back in a Crootin Advisory roll?

Yes Jans had face to face time with him. Mosley took an official visit to Starkville and met with him.

KOdawg1
06-06-2022, 02:30 PM
Wouldn't get your hopes up.

If he wanted to be here, he'd be committed already.

NCMSTFAN
06-06-2022, 02:30 PM

Jans did say that Ben did stay around and help out with alot of things when he initially got to State. For whatever reason Ben had a hard time coaching our guys, but he didn't have a hard time recruiting top talent. I have a feeling we are going to miss that.

NCMSTFAN
06-06-2022, 02:34 PM
Wouldn't get your hopes up.

If he wanted to be here, he'd be committed already.

I agree and stated this a few weeks ago but kept seeing certain people who consider themselves insiders say that he was pretty much a lock. I'm still holding out a little hope but at this point it seems he would have committed to us already.

BrunswickDawg
06-06-2022, 02:44 PM
Jans did say the Ben did stay around and help out with alot of things when he initially got to State. For whatever reason Ben had a hard time coaching our guys, but he didn't have a hard time recruiting top talent. I have a feeling we are going to miss that.

I think a lot of that is age. That's why Roy Williams retired - said flatout he had quit being able to get thru to kids.

BeardoMSU
06-06-2022, 02:50 PM
Jans did say the Ben did stay around and help out with alot of things when he initially got to State. For whatever reason Ben had a hard time coaching our guys, but he didn't have a hard time recruiting top talent. I have a feeling we are going to miss that.

Ben really is a class act.

HoopsDawg
06-06-2022, 03:00 PM
If we moved on, we dumb

we definitely didn't move on. and to the other poster, we don't have a backup with anywhere close to the scoring ability of Mosley.

NCMSTFAN
06-06-2022, 03:02 PM
I think a lot of that is age. That's why Roy Williams retired - said flatout he had quit being able to get thru to kids.

I agree, makes sense.

NCMSTFAN
06-06-2022, 03:03 PM
Ben really is a class act.

He sure is, and he wanted to continue coaching our program, but it was obviously time for change. He is one of my favorite coaches

Homedawg
06-06-2022, 03:06 PM

yes had him here on a visit

NCMSTFAN
06-06-2022, 03:11 PM
we definitely didn't move on. and to the other poster, we don't have a backup with anywhere close to the scoring ability of Mosley.

I'm the other poster and I'm well aware of that. I look at the transfer portal quite often and he is easily the best player left. Some considered him the best overall player in the portal outright. Jans still needs to fill 2 spots and we need perimeter scoring, there are a few guys left out there that can provide that, but obviously not like Mosley.

StarkVegasSteve
06-06-2022, 04:26 PM
We are also on Keion Brooks, the UK transfer, but we trail Zona in that one. Trying to get him in for a visit.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-06-2022, 04:32 PM
Mosley gone to Mizzou

HoopsDawg
06-06-2022, 04:38 PM
Obviously this is a huge loss. Disappointing. Not sure why we couldn't close the deal. Mizzou was never mentioned until recently.

CadaverDawg
06-06-2022, 04:39 PM
Mosley gone to Mizzou

That stings

EdwardDrayton
06-06-2022, 05:19 PM
Hoo boy. It’s looking like at this stage we could be in for another Bon Jovi 2022-2023 in the three major sports.

Livin on a prayer, take my hand we’ll make it I swear …….

Quaoarsking
06-06-2022, 05:25 PM
Hoo boy. It’s looking like at this stage we could be in for another Bon Jovi 2022-2023 in the three major sports.

Livin on a prayer, take my hand we’ll make it I swear …….

All signs point to being at or above the "Mullen Median" in football though.

EdwardDrayton
06-06-2022, 05:34 PM
All signs point to being at or above the "Mullen Median" in football though.

I sure want you to be right Q.

msstate7
06-06-2022, 05:56 PM
We are also on Keion Brooks, the UK transfer, but we trail Zona in that one. Trying to get him in for a visit.

Brooks to Washington

NCMSTFAN
06-06-2022, 06:03 PM
Brooks to Washington
Wow, I actually thought we had a shot at him or Akot.. Here recently I've had a feeling we weren't going to get Mosley. He was dangling us around

NCMSTFAN
06-06-2022, 06:05 PM
Obviously this is a huge loss. Disappointing. Not sure why we couldn't close the deal. Mizzou was never mentioned until recently.

Honestly it sounds like there was something he just didn't like about us.. even though he is a Missouri kid they weren't even in the running until recently. He was waiting for a blue blood offer and that didn't happen so he went to Missouri.

BeardoMSU
06-06-2022, 06:13 PM
Honestly it sounds like there was something he just didn't like about us.. even though he is a Missouri kid they weren't even in the running until recently. He was waiting for a blue blood offer and that didn't happen so he went to Missouri.

Prefers Kansas City BBQ to Little Dooeys***

NCMSTFAN
06-06-2022, 06:18 PM
Prefers Kansas City BBQ to Little Dooeys***

Lol, I miss Little Dooey's.. haven't had it in about 10 years now

Coach34
06-06-2022, 06:33 PM
That stings

It really doesn?t. Anybody watching this knew he wasn?t coming. Nobody puts a team off for a month to commit. He was looking to go anywhere but to State

NCMSTFAN
06-06-2022, 06:37 PM
So with this news..... We have Tolu in the paint but other than him, who is our go to perimeter guy? Our transfer guards look pretty good especially defensively but from what I've seen they aren't lead SEC guys. None of them were highly recruited other than DeShawn Davis from Oregon State and a couple of them started their careers at JUCO's... and thats not a knock on any of them. Of the four it looks like Eric Reed may be the best scorer. Maybe DJ Jeffries can step up and be that lead guy but he hasn't impressed me yet..

trob115
06-06-2022, 07:13 PM
We were in it on Brooks. He was the PF was alluding to the other day. The staff thought they had him coming for a visit, but obviously that didn't happen.

Coach34
06-06-2022, 07:13 PM
We needed a true scorer. We still dont have that

NCMSTFAN
06-06-2022, 08:01 PM
We needed a true scorer. We still dont have that

No we don't, we've always had guys like Molinar, DJ Stewart, Tyson Carter, Nick Weatherspoon, Q Weatherspoon, Lamar Peters, Dee Bost, Jamont Gordon the list goes on... We don't have that type of guy on this team

OLJWales
06-06-2022, 08:41 PM
Props to Bert not being in on this thread. Any updates on NC baseball dude?

NCMSTFAN
06-06-2022, 09:04 PM
We were in it on Brooks. He was the PF was alluding to the other day. The staff thought they had him coming for a visit, but obviously that didn't happen.
Yea I figured it was Brooks or Akot but with all due respect getting Brooks wouldn't have made us SEC contenders.. we need perimeter scoring more than anything right now

Irondawg
06-07-2022, 09:06 AM
Right now we are going to have to church league this thing and hope we can play smart basketball and win tight games.

But we are going to need somebody to step up and be something they haven?t been offensively to this point.

662dawg
06-07-2022, 09:26 AM
Right now we are going to have to church league this thing and hope we can play smart basketball and win tight games.

But we are going to need somebody to step up and be something they haven?t been offensively to this point.

I think Shak Moore has that potential.

Lord McBuckethead
06-07-2022, 10:41 AM
Why I looked at us as an underdog from the start. I think us being in it speaks volumes about Jans

Who the F wants to stay home? Seems like local kids can't wait to go to somewhere else. Mizzou is only kind of in the SEC. They are lacking the SEC culture, big time.

OLJWales
06-07-2022, 02:48 PM
Kid's Resume' don't look too Homesick.

BrunswickDawg
06-07-2022, 03:13 PM
Who the F wants to stay home? Seems like local kids can't wait to go to somewhere else. Mizzou is only kind of in the SEC. They are lacking the SEC culture, big time.

Missouri is typically out of our recruiting footprint - even in basketball. If they aren't from MS, LA, AL, GA, FL, TN, or TX I'm always assuming we are second fiddle to someone. Yes, we have outliers like Ado or Dee Bost - but not too many.

OLJWales
06-07-2022, 04:26 PM
Missouri is typically out of our recruiting footprint - even in basketball. If they aren't from MS, LA, AL, GA, FL, TN, or TX I'm always assuming we are second fiddle to someone. Yes, we have outliers like Ado or Dee Bost - but not too many.

We have 5 on roster not fitting your description so we do have some geographic diversity. No?

BrunswickDawg
06-07-2022, 05:21 PM
We have 5 on roster not fitting your description so we do have some geographic diversity. No?
I count
Horton
McNair (who played for Jans)
Davis
Moore
Stansbury (who grew up in Starkville)

You are correct. And that is a positive of the Portal - but again, it's highly unusual for us historically. Which is why when I see us in competition for a Missouri kid, with offers from Midwest schools, I'm skeptical that we can land them.

NCMSTFAN
06-07-2022, 06:39 PM
I count
Horton
McNair (who played for Jans)
Davis
Moore
Stansbury (who grew up in Starkville)

You are correct. And that is a positive of the Portal - but again, it's highly unusual for us historically. Which is why when I see us in competition for a Missouri kid, with offers from Midwest schools, I'm skeptical that we can land them.

I don't think geography played a part in this at all... William McNair is from Philly and DeShawn Davis is from the Bronx New York, Horton is from Queens NY. Nowhere near Starkville Ms.. we've always gotten a few guys outside our area most years.

From what I've seen and read he was waiting for a big time offer from a blue blood (Kansas) when that didn't happen he explored other options.. Missouri was never in the picture until very recently and he decided to go with them.. basically kind of used us and never really planned on coming. Not sure why...

msstate7
06-09-2022, 06:04 AM
Who's next on target list?