PDA

View Full Version : Regional thread

msstate7
06-04-2022, 07:09 PM
How good is Campbell at swinging the bar?

Activated Alpha
06-04-2022, 07:17 PM
Well they?re up 4. Chased the sec pitcher of the year in B3. They grinded every AB. Something I wished we did this year

msstate7
06-04-2022, 07:24 PM
Tenn can swing the bats too. This should be a fun game

SteelCurtain74
06-04-2022, 07:44 PM
Auburn is putting the smackdown on FSU right now. Up 10-1 top of the 4th.

Activated Alpha
06-04-2022, 07:53 PM
Hey look another coach who leaves their pitcher in for 2 batters too long. I kept calling for a mound visit, but nope. Just leave your pitcher on an island. Anyone could see that 3 run blast coming. Orange c*nt hairs up by 2 now

Saltydog
06-04-2022, 07:56 PM
Watching USM's pitching makes me sick. Wish we had a couple of starters like Hall and Waldrep. Waldrep is nasty. Plus, you have a guy like Dalton Rogers, a lefty throwing 95 with hitters batting .104 against him. Why aren't we getting these guys?

Activated Alpha
06-04-2022, 09:34 PM
Ok so the 14 runs out of 20 that LSU has scored this weekend has been after I tuned into their games. Both times they came back from way behind. Maybe I should stop watching their games so they will lose

Saltydog
06-04-2022, 09:44 PM
The mustard buzzards blew it......

maroonmania
06-04-2022, 10:04 PM
The mustard buzzards blew it......

and ok st in the process of blowing it to ark.

Activated Alpha
06-04-2022, 10:05 PM
and ok st in the process of blowing it to ark.

They just about did. Talk about epic bullpen meltdown. 4 freebies with 2 hbp all while bases loaded.

Activated Alpha
06-04-2022, 10:09 PM
Yup they did. Ark just hit a grand slam. Up 16-10 now T8

Saltydog
06-04-2022, 10:11 PM
Just about nothing. They did blow it. Upig had scored 8 in the 8th the last I saw.

Activated Alpha
06-04-2022, 10:16 PM
Ok so I'm either bad luck for all these other teams or really good luck for SEC teams not named State. Every game I've tuned into the SEC teams have scored 10, 6, and now 8. I really want to turn into the Ole Miss game, but I'm kind of scared now....

The Federalist Engineer
06-04-2022, 10:33 PM
Outside of the SEC

Louisville is in trouble, Michigan handled them. Maybe the McDonnell magic is dying

Texas State looks good, like a equal match to Stanford

Notre Dame on a collision course with Tennessee in a Super

The Federalist Engineer
06-04-2022, 10:44 PM
In other news, proof that my wife catfished me when she said, "I am a big sports fan" about 15 years ago

She asked me what college are the Orange team? The "Voles"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/60/Bank_vole.jpg

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2022/05/28/PKNS/30f871e4-ff39-4b3a-a52e-2c7e1366976a-20220528_jc_secbase_58.jpg?crop=2999,1687,x0,y0&width=2999&height=1687&format=pjpg&auto=webp

BankerDog
06-04-2022, 11:20 PM
Watching USM's pitching makes me sick. Wish we had a couple of starters like Hall and Waldrep. Waldrep is nasty. Plus, you have a guy like Dalton Rogers, a lefty throwing 95 with hitters batting .104 against him. Why aren't we getting these guys?

For whatever reason, we aren?t recruiting Northwest Rankin and USM is. They had Reed Trimble last year and both Rogers and Ramsey this year. Have probably the second best player in the state in Nick Monistere coming in next year who outperformed the Brandon kid going to OM and Loftin in the playoffs. USM also picked up the Mizzo kid from MRA last class. Remember Highfill was a USM commit for a little bit. Seems they?re evaluating actual ball players and not getting caught up with ?draft picks? and launch angels/spin rates.

Todd4State
06-04-2022, 11:58 PM
Outside of the SEC

Louisville is in trouble, Michigan handled them. Maybe the McDonnell magic is dying

Texas State looks good, like a equal match to Stanford

Notre Dame on a collision course with Tennessee in a Super

I'm convinced that Lemonis was the wizard behind Louisville's operation the whole time. After his recruits graduated out they have declined some.

Maroonthirteen
06-05-2022, 06:06 AM
So..... USMs pitching allows LSU to come back and win. Similar to that Friday night in Starkville a few months back.

If USM can win today for the rematch with LSU, let's see how the rest of their staff handles LSU. Similar to a game 2 and 3 of a sec series.

Cooterpoot
06-05-2022, 07:31 AM
USM has been so overrated all season.

State82
06-05-2022, 01:14 PM
The crowd at UF today is absolutely pathetic. Unbelievable the crappy support they get.

msstatelp1
06-05-2022, 01:20 PM
The crowd at UF today is absolutely pathetic. Unbelievable the crappy support they get.

Announcer earlier said something about their crowd being about 5500 yesterday. Hard to believe a regional only drawing that many.

Maroonthirteen
06-05-2022, 02:25 PM
So.... every time we have an out at the plate.... we will have an argument from the dugout that the catcher blocked the plate? Then a delay for video review. Cmon....

Activated Alpha
06-05-2022, 05:06 PM
Miami has been unimpressive. OM up 2-1 B7

CaptainObvious
06-05-2022, 05:12 PM
Miami has been unimpressive. OM up 2-1 B7

I expect Ole Miss to win this Regional.

basedog
06-05-2022, 05:24 PM
I expect Ole Miss to win this Regional.

I said before, it want surprise me.

Activated Alpha
06-05-2022, 05:47 PM
I haven?t seen the field. Where would they go if they did win this regional?

State82
06-05-2022, 05:49 PM
I haven?t seen the field. Where would they go if they did win this regional?

Miami regional is paired with Hattiesburg. Looks like LSU will come out of there.

msstatelp1
06-05-2022, 06:10 PM
I said before, it want surprise me.

I really expected more out of both Miami and Arizona. I said I'd be surprised if OM won it.

DownwardDawg
06-05-2022, 06:15 PM
Miami regional is paired with Hattiesburg. Looks like LSU will come out of there.

Wow. Ole miss gotta like their chances to go to CWS.

BuckyIsAB****
06-05-2022, 06:25 PM
OM aint beating LSU in a super

State82
06-05-2022, 07:19 PM

LSU gonna have a serious red ass after UM swept them a few weeks ago in Baton Rouge.

BeardoMSU
06-05-2022, 08:00 PM

They swept LSU is the reg season. They definitely have it in them to beat em in a super too.

Activated Alpha
06-05-2022, 08:02 PM
If OM makes it to CWS they have to keep Bianca

The Federalist Engineer
06-05-2022, 09:54 PM
Tennessee vs Notre Dame in the Supers

Catholics vs Douchebags

Activated Alpha
06-05-2022, 09:55 PM

Catholics vs Douchebags

I'll be rootin for the catholics

The Federalist Engineer
06-05-2022, 09:59 PM

USM still in it. Who is stronger USM in Hattiesburg or LSU (in Oxford?)

These regionals are pretty good to watch on Squeeze Play. Sucks MSU is not in the mix.

Activated Alpha
06-05-2022, 10:43 PM
100 runs have been scored in the Stillwater regional since it started and we still have one more game to go. I mean holy shite. Either that is all bad pitching or these bats are something else this year. They're have been high scoring games all over the tournament....

The Federalist Engineer
06-05-2022, 11:05 PM
100 runs have been scored in the Stillwater regional since it started and we still have one more game to go. I mean holy shite. Either that is all bad pitching or these bats are something else this year. They're have been high scoring games all over the tournament....

Shows massive power inflation around the nation. That's why over-bidding for Tommy White is not a great idea, lots of kids are banging home runs at Rooker levels these days. Maryland has a kid with 25 HRs , more than all his career. These regionals are HR derby today.

I rather get a basket of quality players, more Yeagers and then teach the new hack to our existing players. Hines and Clark are 20 HR candidates next season.

Todd4State
06-05-2022, 11:51 PM
If OM makes it to CWS they have to keep Bianca

Unless he just leaves on his own. Which would be poetic.

Catholics vs Douchebags

LOL. That's hilarious. I can't get over the Tennessee fans that defend stuff like their player flipping off the other team. That's not "just having fun". That's over the top. I mean you just crushed a ball. Don't get personal about it.

These regionals are pretty good to watch on Squeeze Play. Sucks MSU is not in the mix.
Ole Miss will have to go to either Baton Rouge or Hattiesburg.

Shows massive power inflation around the nation. That's why over-bidding for Tommy White is not a great idea, lots of kids are banging home runs at Rooker levels these days. Maryland has a kid with 25 HRs , more than all his career. These regionals are HR derby today.

I rather get a basket of quality players, more Yeagers and then teach the new hack to our existing players. Hines and Clark are 20 HR candidates next season.

Anytime this happens in college baseball they make corrections. I think some of what we're seeing is the effect of the COVID year catching up to pitchers and they're just wearing down at the end. Same with the injuries that have been happening. The correction may happen naturally. We'll see.

Captain Falcon
06-05-2022, 11:53 PM

I think USM is a better all around team than LSU but I?d rather play at Pete Taylor Park than Alex Box. Especially considering USM has never hosted a Super before and that comes with its own set of pressures.

The Federalist Engineer
06-06-2022, 01:40 PM
Raining in Miami for the next two days...

What happens if they can't finish the regional by tomorrow?

Can they just call today's game, the regional Final, if they can play it?

Cooterpoot
06-06-2022, 01:59 PM
OM advances if they don't play.
AZ advances is they win game 6 & they don't play again.

Pancho
06-06-2022, 02:06 PM
It looks clear there from 5-10 pm today so they'll probably get this game in.

Cooterpoot
06-06-2022, 02:08 PM
They won't have 50 people at those games.

Pancho
06-06-2022, 04:06 PM
there are way more than 50 shark fans there.

CadaverDawg
06-06-2022, 04:42 PM
Scott Berry bailing LSU out with a bunt in that situation was brutal. Holy shit. May have just cost Southern a Super

Maroonthirteen
06-06-2022, 07:38 PM
Congrats to USM. I thought they would run out of pitching. But the overlooked Mississippi boys pulled it out.

basedog
06-06-2022, 08:09 PM
Gonna be an interesting Super Regional, Buzzards have the better starting pitching and playing at home. Ole Dixie is playing their best ball late and they are hot!

The Federalist Engineer
06-06-2022, 08:30 PM
This a season from hell for MSU fans. Just about everybody we hate is cruising along.

If MSU had the 2016 team this year, it would be another Championship, easy. Never seen more mentally weak relief pitching and weak starting pitching at this juncture of the season.

PGHBulldogBG
06-06-2022, 08:51 PM
This a season from hell for MSU fans. Just about everybody we hate is cruising along.

If MSU had the 2016 team this year, it would be another Championship, easy. Never seen more mentally weak relief pitching and weak starting pitching at this juncture of the season.

I actually wouldn?t mind USM winning the national championship. It would be hilarious if State and USM have a real title in one of the 3 main mens sports before Ole Miss.

basedog
06-06-2022, 09:02 PM
I actually wouldn?t mind USM winning the national championship. It would be hilarious if State and USM have a real title in one of the 3 main mens sports before Ole Miss.

We proved last year anything is possible when you get into Super Regionals moving forward.

State82
06-07-2022, 09:25 AM

I don't mind them going so much. It would make for interesting CWS viewing. However, I do not want to see them winning it. I definitely prefer to be the only school in the state with a natty. Forever.

Captain Falcon
06-07-2022, 09:33 AM

Whoever makes it out of Hattiesburg will have a rough row to hoe in Omaha, you?re probably looking at Oregon State and Stanford being on that side of the bracket along with the UNC/Arkansas winner.

That said, USM has the frontline pitching to compete with anybody. Just not sure they hit will enough to go super deep. I do think they get past OM, though.

Activated Alpha
06-07-2022, 02:38 PM
Whoever makes it out of Hattiesburg will have a rough row to hoe in Omaha, you?re probably looking at Oregon State and Stanford being on that side of the bracket along with the UNC/Arkansas winner.

That said, USM has the frontline pitching to compete with anybody. Just not sure they hit will enough to go super deep. I do think they get past OM, though.

Stanford doesn't scare me. I could see Oregon State winning it all again and actually wouldn't mind it. Now I do agree with the above poster in saying that I never ever want to see another in state school win a Natty ever. The Stillwater regional was highly entertaining and Ark is making a good run...

CadaverDawg
06-08-2022, 09:08 AM
Stanford doesn't scare me. I could see Oregon State winning it all again and actually wouldn't mind it. Now I do agree with the above poster in saying that I never ever want to see another in state school win a Natty ever. The Stillwater regional was highly entertaining and Ark is making a good run...

I think the Title winner comes from the Tennessee side of the bracket. Not necessarily that it will be Tennessee, but I feel like that side is much stronger.

And I agree, I wouldn't mind seeing USM make Omaha, especially knocking the shit heads out....but don't want either winning a Title. Ever.

BeardoMSU
06-08-2022, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing USM make Omaha, especially knocking the shit heads out....but don't want either winning a Title. Ever.

This is the correct mindset.