PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hatcher is raking

VandelayIndustries
06-03-2022, 08:04 PM
He looks amazing against LSU, completely different player than last year. Happy for him

BayouDawg
06-03-2022, 08:12 PM
I wonder what happened with him. Happy to see him succeed but wish it would have been in maroon and white.

basedog
06-03-2022, 08:12 PM
Good for him!!

WSOPdawg
06-03-2022, 08:30 PM
Is that him... leading off and playing CF? If so, he's 3 for 3 with 4 runs scored, but I can't believe he's playing CF.

VandelayIndustries
06-03-2022, 08:39 PM
Yep that’s him

662dawg
06-03-2022, 08:44 PM
Is that him... leading off and playing CF? If so, he's 3 for 3 with 4 runs scored, but I can't believe he's playing CF.

Played it all year for them

Coach34
06-03-2022, 08:58 PM
GoTro couldnt fix it. Someone else did

mparkerfd20
06-03-2022, 09:01 PM
GoTro isn't that good. People just don't want to accept it.

Activated Alpha
06-03-2022, 09:21 PM
So I tuned into the Kstate/LSU game with LSU down 7 in the bottom of the 8th. They've have scored 5 straight with still no one out. Like I want to turn it because I'm obviously bad luck to Kstate, but this is pretty entertaining....

BayouDawg
06-03-2022, 09:28 PM

GoTro doesnt fix much does he?

Activated Alpha
06-03-2022, 09:29 PM
11-10 Kstate over LSU. Runners at the corners with only 1 out. B8

BayouDawg
06-03-2022, 09:32 PM
11-10 Kstate over LSU. Runners at the corners with only 1 out. B8

KSU head coach waited too long to change pitchers.

BayouDawg
06-03-2022, 09:33 PM
On second thought I can see why the coach didnt want to go to their bullpen. Their pen may be worse than ours.

Activated Alpha
06-03-2022, 09:36 PM
Ouch. Yeah I'm bad luck. 10 run inning for LSU ever since I started watching....

Irondawg
06-03-2022, 09:42 PM
Now that?s a choke should they lose

Sometimes it?s a mystery why guys do better or worse when they chance places. Hatcher just got in a funk last year and couldn?t get out of it. He had been decent before so just seems it got in his head.

Glad to see him doing well.

OLJWales
06-04-2022, 12:03 AM
Not the best look player development wise. Par for the course the days I Reckon since we've shown we'd rather Whistle Dixie than pull our Legendary Baseball Pistols.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-04-2022, 11:25 AM
For the year Hatcher is batting .391 with 56 RBI. He’s 11/14 in stolen bases. His OBP is .450. He has 26 doubles, 3 triples, and 13 homers.

OLJWales
06-04-2022, 12:13 PM
For the year Hatcher is batting .391 with 56 RBI. He’s 11/14 in stolen bases. His OBP is .450. He has 26 doubles, 3 triples, and 13 homers.

Jock Rash spreading news. SMH.

Pancho
06-04-2022, 12:43 PM
Hatcher just went yard

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
06-04-2022, 01:21 PM
Hatcher just went yard

He been there done that at Pete Taylor

Pancho
06-04-2022, 01:35 PM
he just hit a 2 run bomb

Santiago
06-04-2022, 01:48 PM
The Kennesaw St staff has someone that can develop talent

Mjoelner34
06-04-2022, 02:36 PM
While talking about Hatch, don't forget about Pimentel. He finished the year batting .377 with 12HR and 47 rbi's.

CadaverDawg
06-04-2022, 03:05 PM
It's pretty disappointing that we can't develop guys like Hatcher and Pimentel but Kennesaw can. It reminds me of guys like Luke Reynolds in the past, and other current guys like Ashcraft

Tater
06-04-2022, 09:49 PM
Yet again the pity party crowd wants to be the first to complain about a staff that won a freaking natty.

Admit that you people would rather be the first one to be "right" about needing to fire a coach to prove your "vast knowledge" of the game from your couch. That literally brings you more joy than us winning.

If you assholes would admit that, I'd at least respect it. Because it is something you can control. Stop trying to act like you're talking for the good of the program. Jake and Scott have another year easily. Gets bumpy if we don't make postseason next year. Lemonis would have to make at least one change. If no change then all 3 are gone after 3 years. If one change, then it'd take 4 years.

But regardless, you idiots who want to be right need to understand something. You never can be right. These guys don't suck. They forever have national champions by their name. No other coaching staff can say they did that at MSU.

BayouDawg
06-04-2022, 09:49 PM
It's pretty disappointing that we can't develop guys like Hatcher and Pimentel but Kennesaw can. It reminds me of guys like Luke Reynolds in the past, and other current guys like Ashcraft

Careful. The thought police will have your head for questioning goat.

Coach34
06-04-2022, 10:20 PM
Yet again the pity party crowd wants to be the first to complain about a staff that won a freaking natty.

Admit that you people would rather be the first one to be "right" about needing to fire a coach to prove your "vast knowledge" of the game from your couch. That literally brings you more joy than us winning.

If you assholes would admit that, I'd at least respect it. Because it is something you can control. Stop trying to act like you're talking for the good of the program. Jake and Scott have another year easily. Gets bumpy if we don't make postseason next year. Lemonis would have to make at least one change. If no change then all 3 are gone after 3 years. If one change, then it'd take 4 years.

But regardless, you idiots who want to be right need to understand something. You never can be right. These guys don't suck. They forever have national champions by their name. No other coaching staff can say they did that at MSU.

The title was awesome. It's legendary.

We missed the Tourney this year and were one of the worst teams in the SEC. Regardless of a title or whatever- it's never been acceptable for s State baseball team to be one of the worst teams in the SEC. We have a standard we live by in baseball. That's simple. What this staff did this year is unacceptable. That's a fact that nobody disputes.

So now? Next season better be an improvement. Thats the bottom line. No spin- no bullshit. We better back in the NCAA Tourney in 2023. Thats the standard.

Tater
06-04-2022, 10:27 PM
The title was awesome. It's legendary.

We missed the Tourney this year and were one of the worst teams in the SEC. Regardless of a title or whatever- it's never been acceptable for s State baseball team to be one of the worst teams in the SEC. We have a standard we live by in baseball. That's simple. What this staff did this year is unacceptable. That's a fact that nobody disputes.

So now? Next season better be an improvement. Thats the bottom line. No spin- no bullshit. We better back in the NCAA Tourney in 2023. Thats the standard.

Don't disagree and my post says as much.

This silliness of saying the coaches aren't good though... that's gotta stop. Who tf is good then if not them?

Schultzy
06-04-2022, 10:40 PM
Why was 6’4” long armed Kellum Clark crowding the plate all year? He had zero chance to keep an inside strike in play all season, I don’t get that at all, he’s not an inside out guy.

Todd4State
06-05-2022, 01:05 AM
Hatcher stopped pulling everything and started to use the whole field.

Todd4State
06-05-2022, 01:20 AM

Hatcher had nowhere to play for us. We're not going to sit Luke Hancock after the 2021 he had. Hunter Hines did well at DH and if Hatcher comes back one of those two would have sat and we would have run the risk of losing Hancock to the portal. We're also not going to sit Cumbest or Kellum Clark either. Hatcher needed a change of scenery and it was great that he did well. I'm happy for him.

Luke Reynolds was ultimately a similar situation as above. He had a bad fall that year if I remember correctly with the bat and glove. He lost his job to Nate Lowe who is in MLB right now. Gavin Collins also beat him out at third base. Playing him in the outfield would have blocked one of Rooker, Mangum, Robson, Cody Brown, and Humphries. Reynolds raked at USM at a lower level but he never made it past A ball. In the meantime the guys who beat him out were mostly future MLB guys or really good SEC players, and a guy that is the SEC hit king.

Ashcraft got hurt here and then couldn't crack the rotation when we had guys like Small, Pilkington, Plumlee, and Billingsley. And before you say it he wasn't as good as Billingsley was at that point in their careers. He just wasn't. He got healthy and put it together at UAB and I'm glad he's doing well.

What we're talking about is the reality of the portal. I remember talking about how we should bring in a ton of guys to compete for spots and then the best play. Most everyone agreed with me. And we started to do that. Well, when you do that sometimes very good players are going to go somewhere else because they want to play and they know they're good enough to play somewhere even if they get beat out here. Every player you mentioned left ultimately because of playing time and were beat out by other really good players. That's not a development issue. Quite the opposite actually. And most of those guys you mentioned had some good moments at MSU too. Even Pimentel had a big home run against Oregon State for example.

And I won't be surprised when some of our guys in the portal go somewhere else and do well too. It's just the nature of the beast.

SwaggerVance
06-05-2022, 09:03 AM

I do recall last season early in the year that it was being hyped how Geaut had been working with hatcher to get him to pull the ball more....What an idiot. Literally ruined the kids year screwing with his swing. Our coachin staff is awful in the development department. Not one kid outside of Cumbest improved this year. Total failure.

SailingDawg
06-05-2022, 09:09 AM

Thank you!!!

Cooterpoot
06-05-2022, 10:29 AM

Wonder why our guys can't figure that out. We had the same issue this year. It's because that's what we're being taught. We've gotten away from a lot of things. Pulling the ball can be damn habitual for kids too. Our solution is to add lefty hitters to pull to the short porch. It's why we can't get clutch hits. It's why we watch fastballs middle-out.

Coach34
06-05-2022, 11:46 AM
Hatcher had nowhere to play for us. We're not going to sit Luke Hancock after the 2021 he had. Hunter Hines did well at DH and if Hatcher comes back one of those two would have sat and we would have run the risk of losing Hancock to the portal. We're also not going to sit Cumbest or Kellum Clark either. Hatcher needed a change of scenery and it was great that he did well. I'm happy for him.

Well it bears pointing out that Hatcher plays CF for Kennesaw and we had a big black hole in CF this year. We even played Cumbest in CF some.

Patrick Tibbons
06-05-2022, 12:44 PM

Ashcraft looks to be having a Woodruff type turnaround after he got drafted? but let?s not act like another college staff developed him when we couldn?t. He had an ERA in the 5?s while at UAB.

BayouDawg
06-05-2022, 01:58 PM
Wonder why our guys can't figure that out. We had the same issue this year. It's because that's what we're being taught. We've gotten away from a lot of things. Pulling the ball can be damn habitual for kids too. Our solution is to add lefty hitters to pull to the short porch. It's why we can't get clutch hits. It's why we watch fastballs middle-out.

Which is why I was praying GoTro would take the Tulane job. Maybe GoTro learned from his mistakes and will reevaluate his methods this off season. Foxhall needs to figure his crap out too although I give him some slack since we had tons of injuries this year. Next year shit needs to be fixed though. All that natty goodwill has been used now.

BayouDawg
06-05-2022, 02:01 PM
I do recall last season early in the year that it was being hyped how Geaut had been working with hatcher to get him to pull the ball more....What an idiot. Literally ruined the kids year screwing with his swing. Our coachin staff is awful in the development department. Not one kid outside of Cumbest improved this year. Total failure.

I listened to GoTro on the radio before the lsu series. He mentioned that teams pitched us much different this year by going heavy off speed. It was like he was bamboozled that teams would adjust to our approach. Like it never crossed his mind it could happen.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-05-2022, 04:26 PM
Well it bears pointing out that Hatcher plays CF for Kennesaw and we had a big black hole in CF this year. We even played Cumbest in CF some.

Centerfield was as bad as shortstop. We used Cumbest and Kam James to attempt to stop the bleeding. Skinner/Davis/Corder/McGowan didn't get it done. Hatcher would have been a huge help in center.

R2Dawg
06-05-2022, 05:16 PM
Call a spade a spade. The NC year job by staff was excellent, 2022 job was pathetic. Make tourney and I'd say hosting a regional is the standard. It wasn't long ago everyone said making a super regional was the goal every year. Boy we have slipped fast. Even some on here say we ain't that good of a baseball program. We are and we need to act like it.

basedog
06-05-2022, 05:22 PM
I wonder how many folks on ED were crushed when Hatcher transferred? I will hang up and listen.

Glad and happy for his success this year. He needed the change and his success this year proved it. He was a class Dawg.

Pancho
06-05-2022, 06:43 PM
He was in a bad spot trying to play 1B for state. I wonder what he would have done in CF had he stayed.

OLJWales
06-05-2022, 07:08 PM
He was in a bad spot trying to play 1B for state. I wonder what he would have done in CF had he stayed.

Ain't no need wondering no more I reckon.

Todd4State
06-05-2022, 10:15 PM

It seems to me like if you are a contact hitter he'll let you use the whole field but if you are a power hitter he wants you to be pull heavy. I don't like that approach either. Use the whole field. It's a good enough approach for the best hitters of all time- it's good enough for our players.

That's interesting because he doesn't really profile as a CF to me. Their other outfielders must be pretty slow.

Call a spade a spade. The NC year job by staff was excellent, 2022 job was pathetic. Make tourney and I'd say hosting a regional is the standard. It wasn't long ago everyone said making a super regional was the goal every year. Boy we have slipped fast. Even some on here say we ain't that good of a baseball program. We are and we need to act like it.

Super Regional is still my minimum standard as a fan. Obviously we didn't meet that standard this year.

Todd4State
06-05-2022, 10:16 PM
I wonder how many folks on ED were crushed when Hatcher transferred? I will hang up and listen.

Glad and happy for his success this year. He needed the change and his success this year proved it. He was a class Dawg.

This is true.

The Federalist Engineer
06-06-2022, 12:02 AM

100% true

On the flip side of regret- Xavier Lovette and Davis Rokose have not been better after Transfer. Two were horror shows for their new club. Only Caramouche had a good season without Fox. Note, I see Eric Cerantola is really controlling walks these days, promoted to A ball.