PDA

View Full Version : Qb tier

TheLostDawg
06-01-2022, 10:19 PM
ESPN: Ranking all 131 college football quarterback situations in tiers.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/33939006/ranking-all-131-college-football-quarterback-situations-tiers

bulldawg28
06-04-2022, 10:22 AM
About right

MaroonFlounder
06-04-2022, 10:31 AM
I wonder about the QB tier within our own program.

It feels like Greek would be the odd man out. Even though he might be a good QB, Will is the experienced air raid guy and Sawyer and Braden were so highly-rated out of HS that they would be #2 and #3.

was21
06-04-2022, 10:50 AM
Click on Will Rogers' name and it takes you to a photo of a South Carolina defensive lineman...smh

SilentSteel16
06-04-2022, 11:13 AM
I wonder about the QB tier within our own program.

It feels like Greek would be the odd man out. Even though he might be a good QB, Will is the experienced air raid guy and Sawyer and Braden were so highly-rated out of HS that they would be #2 and #3.

Greek is ahead of Sawyer.

Dawgfan77
06-04-2022, 11:28 AM
I see Darts name in the article.... shouldn't he first need to win the job??

KOdawg1
06-04-2022, 11:34 AM

Last year he was.

In spring practice this year, Sawyer was the 2nd team QB.

MaroonFlounder
06-04-2022, 11:45 AM

It just feels like, unless Leach sees something very promising about Greek, it would be very difficult for him to see any game reps unless Sawyer transfers out, which is highly possible if Will plays out all of his eligibility.

Mjoelner34
06-04-2022, 03:15 PM
I see Darts name in the article.... shouldn't he first need to win the job??

Exactly. I was at their spring game, he was easily the 3rd best QB on the field. Appeared less mobile than Rogers and only threw bombs no matter the coverage. Was very inaccurate on short/medium range throws. Their USC TE transfer appears to be the real deal though.

WhiskeyPirate
06-05-2022, 02:51 PM
Exactly. I was at their spring game, he was easily the 3rd best QB on the field. Appeared less mobile than Rogers and only threw bombs no matter the coverage. Was very inaccurate on short/medium range throws. Their USC TE transfer appears to be the real deal though.

Dart rushed for 1200 yards and 12 TDs as a senior, is listed as a dual threat q b and scouts mention he has good lower body strength and similar tools to Corrall as a passer and mobility. There is no way he is less mobile than Will.

I doubt he runs as well or as much as Corrall but he is supposed to be a good athlete.

NCMSTFAN
06-05-2022, 03:51 PM
https://www.si.com/college/fsu/recruiting/florida-state-quarterback-commit-to-visit-sec-program

Didn't want to start a new thread, his parents are both MSU alumni.. be interesting if we get him

Mjoelner34
06-05-2022, 04:13 PM
Dart rushed for 1200 yards and 12 TDs as a senior, is listed as a dual threat q b and scouts mention he has good lower body strength and similar tools to Corrall as a passer and mobility. There is no way he is less mobile than Will.

I doubt he runs as well or as much as Corrall but he is supposed to be a good athlete.

Just went back and looked at what I texted to Starkvegasdawg and another friend at halftime of their spring game. He was 4/15 for 67 yds and 2 ints including a pick 6 and was sacked 4 times.

Dawgfan77
06-05-2022, 05:28 PM

He struggled in spring. Not sure why you put up his HS stats. I mean he played at USC but not sure he was worth the fuss. He ain't matty Ice...

WhiskeyPirate
06-05-2022, 08:08 PM
He struggled in spring. Not sure why you put up his HS stats. I mean he played at USC but not sure he was worth the fuss. He ain't matty Ice...

I was addressing the comment he was more immobile than Will. He clearly is not. I hope he sucks as a q b but he does not have cement shoes.

TheLostDawg
06-06-2022, 11:50 PM
https://www.si.com/college/fsu/recruiting/florida-state-quarterback-commit-to-visit-sec-program

Didn't want to start a new thread, his parents are both MSU alumni.. be interesting if we get him

Interesting. Thanks for sharing

KentuckyDawg13
06-07-2022, 08:18 AM
Click on Will Rogers' name and it takes you to a photo of a South Carolina defensive lineman...smh

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/college-football/players/full/4428378.png&w=350&h=254

Lord McBuckethead
06-07-2022, 10:43 AM
nm