PDA

View Full Version : Does Ole Miss getting in alone make them keep Little Mike?

CadaverDawg
05-31-2022, 11:49 AM
Or will it take a run to Supers or even Omaha to save him?

Also, if they lose him there is really only 1 name that worries me that they could potentially get, and that is Link Jarrett. Not sure if he'd go there, but I think he is a really good coach and recruiter, and I don't want those bastards to have a young hot shot that can recruit and coach. It worries me that Link feels disrespected at ND, and Ole Miss is in pretty good shape if their job comes open. Honestly Godwin and McDonnell, etc don't worry me like Jarrett would.

ZedFedder
05-31-2022, 01:38 PM
I think they keep him for another year. I could be wrong, but I think them getting in will keep him in the position.

Coach34
05-31-2022, 01:46 PM
They just extended last year back to 4 years. So it will cost them to run him

EdwardDrayton
05-31-2022, 03:02 PM
Their fans certainly are disappointed. But they made a regional and we did not; so their fans are not as torqued as they otherwise would be. That's a minimum hurdle that buys him another year. And the financial aspect Coach pointed out just ensures it all the more.

Todd4State
05-31-2022, 07:16 PM
Firing the best head baseball coach in their schools history is likely not a wise move.

SailingDawg
05-31-2022, 08:12 PM
What?s Lemon?s record against Mike?

Todd4State
05-31-2022, 08:36 PM
What?s Lemon?s record against Mike?

8-3 I think.

Coach34
05-31-2022, 09:29 PM
Firing the best head baseball coach in their schools history is likely not a wise move.

They are on eggshells now. They had a case had he missed the Tourney. Making the Tourney kicked them in the Jimmy. Now they pretty much have 2 options:

Go the LSU route- tell him he has 1 more season and he is retiring.
Dont extend him which lets everybody in the world know he is on the hotseat in 2023 which makes recruits and others nervous.

Love it with them being in that position

confucius say
05-31-2022, 10:42 PM
They are on eggshells now. They had a case had he missed the Tourney. Making the Tourney kicked them in the Jimmy. Now they pretty much have 2 options:

Go the LSU route- tell him he has 1 more season and he is retiring.
Dont extend him which lets everybody in the world know he is on the hotseat in 2023 which makes recruits and others nervous.

Love it with them being in that position

Not just recruits. Also current players who have transfer portal options.