PDA

View Full Version : Russell

CJDAWG85
11-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Anyone know the severity of his injury? Sorry if it's already been brought up. I hope it's not too bad... He played his ass off today.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2013, 06:45 PM
They said something about his throwing shoulder had a partial separation last week. From the way he had it on his chest I am guessing he reinjured it. They were saying he lost a lot of zip on the ball. If he actually separated his shoulder, he won't be able to throw it more than 10 yards. This is probably why he came out last week instead of some people just calling him a *****. I have had a messed up shoulder like that and I could barely throw a softball from 3rd to 1st before I rehabbed my shoulder.

He probably came out because we needed to throw the ball to win and a weak arm throw is a Int against Bama. He probably actually was just giving our team the best chance to win instead of trying to tough it out and the team have no chance.

Todd4State
11-23-2013, 06:48 PM
If it were me, I'd shoot him up with cortisone on Thursday and hope for the best.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2013, 06:55 PM
If it were me, I'd shoot him up with cortisone on Thursday and hope for the best.

Would that keep him from throwing a soft toss on an out route? TR might be purely an emergency option. Dan needs to rewatch 2009 Eggbowl. DWill is as good now as Relf was then.

grinnindawg
11-23-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm no doctor, but it looked like they were trying to get his shoulder back in the socket on the field.
Can't imagine a passing QB being on the field on Thursday after that injury.
He was also limping by the end of the game.

thedawg
11-23-2013, 07:05 PM
They were for sure putting his shoulder back in on the field... I will be shocked if he can be effective in five days

msstate7
11-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Would that keep him from throwing a soft toss on an out route? TR might be purely an emergency option. Dan needs to rewatch 2009 Eggbowl. DWill is as good now as Relf was then.

We've got to be able to run the football to beat OM. Williams probably makes us a better running team than TR. Who knows? I think we have just as good a chance with Williams as TR, but neither give us the shot dak does.

Saltydog
11-23-2013, 07:07 PM
have any chance of playing......Mine popped in/out for years til I got it scoped......

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm no doctor, but it looked like they were trying to get his shoulder back in the socket on the field.
Can't imagine a passing QB being on the field on Thursday after that injury.
He was also limping by the end of the game.

I broke the socket around my shoulder and how his arm was against his chest is how I had mine for 6 weeks. I couldn't hardly wash my hair much less throw a football.

Todd4State
11-23-2013, 07:11 PM

Let's assume that he re-aggreavated the same injury. (I know what happens when you assume) Yes, I think he would be almost as effective as he was today.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2013, 07:19 PM
Let's assume that he re-aggreavated the same injury. (I know what happens when you assume) Yes, I think he would be almost as effective as he was today.

Dan said post game that Tyler didn't do anything in practice till Thursday so would the short week screw up him being able to play or does it matter since it is last game of the year besides the bowl?

Todd4State
11-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Dan said post game that Tyler didn't do anything in practice till Thursday so would the short week screw up him being able to play or does it matter since it is last game of the year besides the bowl?

It's hard to say since I don't know exactly what the injury is. Not having a day or two to rest is not going to help no matter what the injury is. Cortisone doesn't care what day of the week it is though.

Saltydog
11-23-2013, 07:31 PM
not.....

Dawgface
11-23-2013, 07:56 PM
not.....

Missouri just ran the ball down OM's throat for a td. Emphasize the running game with a few mixed in passes as Williams did today, anything is possible. Plus a strong defensive effort.

MetEdDawg
11-23-2013, 08:01 PM
I've been impressed with our corners over the past couple games. They played great against Bama and they played another good game today even though Arkansas doesn't throw it much. They were in making tackles and they prevented the big play down field. If they can contain the OM WRs, that will help us tremendously because that's what destroyed us last year. Moncrief had a field day.

Coach34
11-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Russell didnt have a throwing shoulder injury when the game started. He was throwing it the same way he always does.

But his shoulder did indeed come out on that sack and they were also having some problems getting it back in at first. Aint no way in hell he will play Thursday.

Saltydog
11-23-2013, 09:00 PM
Wallace......If not, look out........

War Machine Dawg
11-23-2013, 09:03 PM
We should just assume TR is done for good unless we hear differently A separated shoulder is no joke, if indeed that's what his injury is.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2013, 11:04 PM
Russell didnt have a throwing shoulder injury when the game started. He was throwing it the same way he always does.

But his shoulder did indeed come out on that sack and they were also having some problems getting it back in at first. Aint no way in hell he will play Thursday.

Mullen said on the post game that Tyler had injured his throwing shoulder because he was talking about he could make every throw but some didn't have any zip on the ball. Mullen said "all his throws weren't fastballs, there are some changeups".