Todd4State
05-29-2022, 01:05 PM
Per Kendall Rogers.

msstate7
05-29-2022, 01:28 PM
This is encouraging to me bc Jake must feel we gonna turn it around next year

Todd4State
05-29-2022, 01:38 PM
I'm fine with it. Either way like I said I was pretty indifferent as to whether he stayed or left. I don't really have a lot of complaints about our hitting.

Homedawg
05-29-2022, 01:46 PM
He's good. Don't really care what people think. He's good. Glad he's staying.

Saltydog
05-29-2022, 01:52 PM
I'm glad to hear Jake is staying. I'm a little indifferent with Fox right now. The development or lack thereof of several of our guys is bothersome.

Cowbell
05-29-2022, 02:06 PM
He's good. Don't really care what people think. He's good. Glad he's staying.

This is exactly how I feel. Thank you

MetEdDawg
05-29-2022, 02:09 PM
Tulane isn't a bad job. You can do some winning there. But it's not the job it used to be when they were regulars in the NCAA tournament back in the 2000s.

They haven't been to the tournament in 6 years and have only been twice since 2008. I would bet most everyone on here would have thought they've been more regularly because we think of how Tulane used to be.

I'll be interested to see what Gautreau thinks he can get. A mid tier CUSA school that's his alma mater came calling and he turned it down. He must think he can do better and he might be right.

was21
05-29-2022, 02:45 PM
tulane is in the AAC I think. They may have some recruiting restrictions that other programs don't have.

Commercecomet24
05-29-2022, 02:51 PM
Jake is dang good hitting coach. Glad he's staying.

was21
05-29-2022, 03:20 PM
Good news...apparently he has faith in Lemonis to get it back on track.

William Tecumsah Sherman
05-29-2022, 04:15 PM
If grandma had balls, she?sld be grandpa?.but I think we would feel a lot better about our offense if we could have performed better in one category?..hits or productive outs with men in scoring position.

mparkerfd20
05-29-2022, 04:29 PM
Boo. Oh well, hell.

CaptainObvious
05-29-2022, 05:14 PM
What we hit , 90 HRs this year with over 50 being Solo? I don?t care if we only hit 25 HRs next year as long as we win 40 games.

If a batter takes a called 3rd strike on a fastball over the plate that gets them 15 bleachers to run. But if they swing at strike 3, 6 inches outside and in the dirt, they run 10 bleachers! That will tighten up their little sphincters.

BayouDawg
05-29-2022, 05:36 PM
Im trying to contain my excitement

Cooterpoot
05-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Maybe they'll offer Foxhall

KOdawg1
05-29-2022, 05:52 PM
I've had my issues with Geaut, but he wasn't our problem this year.

Foxhall on the other hand...

Homedawg
05-29-2022, 06:42 PM
Maybe they'll offer Foxhall

If goat would have lost Allen, Hancock, James and pick one he'd look like a clown too.. Js...meaning last year. I can pick four from this year if you'd like

Coach34
05-29-2022, 07:14 PM
Interesting.

I know he wants the big job but most big jobs want HC'ing experience. Not all tho. We'll see how it works for him

The Federalist Engineer
05-29-2022, 09:27 PM
Interesting.

I know he wants the big job but most big jobs want HC'ing experience. Not all tho. We'll see how it works for him

Butch and Nick Mingione went from assistants to HC at SEC programs.

JG must like his position and what is to come, good for MSU

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-29-2022, 09:37 PM
What we hit , 90 HRs this year with over 50 being Solo? I don?t care if we only hit 25 HRs next year as long as we win 40 games.

If a batter takes a called 3rd strike on a fastball over the plate that gets them 15 bleachers to run. But if they swing at strike 3, 6 inches outside and in the dirt, they run 10 bleachers! That will tighten up their little sphincters.

You're one of those "The beating will continue until moral improves" guys huh?

confucius say
05-29-2022, 10:09 PM
Thank goodness. This is good news.

Coach34
05-29-2022, 10:24 PM
Butch and Nick Mingione went from assistants to HC at SEC programs.

JG must like his position and what is to come, good for MSU

Oh I know. As I said- “interesting”

Cooterpoot
05-29-2022, 11:02 PM
If goat would have lost Allen, Hancock, James and pick one he'd look like a clown too.. Js...meaning last year. I can pick four from this year if you'd like

Foxhall didn't lose that this year. He lost two proven pitchers, & that's being generous since Stone wasn't great last year.

Todd4State
05-29-2022, 11:37 PM
Foxhall didn't lose that this year. He lost two proven pitchers, & that's being generous since Stone wasn't great last year.

This is true.

Homedawg
05-30-2022, 11:08 AM

He lost his ace. The guy who was the scheduled 2, for 6 weeks. Our best reliever coming back, a guy in auger that was not bad and geeing better before injury, And A guy that contributed in the finals of the cws Call it what you wish.

basedog
05-30-2022, 11:32 AM
I don't get the bashing of wanting Foxhall fired this year. Yes he made mistakes, but his biggest issue was lack of arms especially in the pen. Injuries make anyone look bad.

Season is over, time to move forward and don't lookback, it's what coaches and players do. I know this is a message board but it's the same ole song and dance with the bitching. Just saying!

Btw, some of you guys sound like some of the parents I heard at a travel ball tourney for 13-14 year old this weekend. One parent bitching cause his son wasn't playing the position he told the coach to play him before he signed up for the team. 4 games in one day is WAY too much!

confucius say
05-30-2022, 12:23 PM
He lost his ace. The guy who was the scheduled 2, for 6 weeks. Our best reliever coming back, a guy in auger that was not bad and geeing better before injury, And A guy that contributed in the finals of the cws Call it what you wish.

And to add, just because a guy is not proven coming into the year doesn't mean it doesn't hurt to lose them. I mean Bednar and sims and Johnson and Harding weren't proven coming into 2021 and it would have killed us to lose them.
Losing augur and Simmons were killers to your pen. Sims obviously. Hunt for half the year was a significant loss, and stinnet added insult to injury.

Homedawg
05-30-2022, 12:52 PM
And to add, just because a guy is not proven coming into the year doesn't mean it doesn't hurt to lose them. I mean Bednar and sims and Johnson and Harding weren't proven coming into 2021 and it would have killed us to lose them.
Losing augur and Simmons were killers to your pen. Sims obviously. Hunt for half the year was a significant loss, and stinnet added insult to injury.

Nothing to see here...

Commercecomet24
05-30-2022, 12:55 PM

Nailed it!

Commercecomet24
05-30-2022, 12:57 PM
I don't get the bashing of wanting Foxhall fired this year. Yes he made mistakes, but his biggest issue was lack of arms especially in the pen. Injuries make anyone look bad.

Season is over, time to move forward and don't lookback, it's what coaches and players do. I know this is a message board but it's the same ole song and dance with the bitching. Just saying!

Btw, some of you guys sound like some of the parents I heard at a travel ball tourney for 13-14 year old this weekend. One parent bitching cause his son wasn't playing the position he told the coach to play him before he signed up for the team. 4 games in one day is WAY too much!

Always love your posts, Base, and I agree with all you just said.

basedog
05-30-2022, 02:11 PM
Have some rep 24! LOL, I wanted to yell at some people at the tourney, "There is no crying in Baseball", same for a few players. I can't stand watching kids or players at any level or any sport dragging around, walking around with no sense of urgent, my wife keeps saying "kids ain't the same when you played or coached"! I'm like no, parents ain't the same! Even the dang umpires dragging around.

StarkVegasSteve
05-30-2022, 02:17 PM
I think injuries and lack of development were kind of 50/50 causes for the woes of this staff. Obviously losing Sims and Simmons early were absolute gut punches. You could probably argue the Simmons loss cost us the Tulane series. But we still blew series at UGA and at home to LSU where we still had a relatively healthy pen due to lack of development of guys. Had Fristoe or Tepper developed like we thought they would this year then either would have been a natural choice at closer for us.

KOdawg1
05-30-2022, 04:21 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6MbmZXCp1N4lN2ZG/giphy.gif

Randolph Dupree
05-30-2022, 09:54 PM
Jake makes plenty of money, gets to kind of do his own thing (mostly), his health is good and his family is "thriving" in Starkville. Don't be surprised if he stays next year too.