PDA

View Full Version : Prepping for the Egg

Thick
11-23-2013, 06:09 PM
With Dak definitely out, this is a great opportunity for Dan to implement some new formations (nothing difficult as far as blocking assignments). OM is going to blitz the shit out of Williams and Russell, no doubt.

We need to counter that with sets, personnel, and plays to confuse them, and force them to adjust to us. Defensively, we should zone blitz, and be much more aggressive then we have shown this year. We need to contain Scott and pound Wallace. We also should stunt and twist more with our d-line. Tackle, tackle, tackle.

Original48
11-23-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm guessing Russell is out. Whatever the situation, can we please put our QB under center occasionally and pound it?? Then, being under center will allow us to occasionally run the bootleg which works 97.3% of the time for anyone who runs it.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Play calling will kill us in the 1st half. Count on it. Mullen could put Williams in a situation to win with options and diamond formation bug he won't.

HoopsDawg
11-23-2013, 06:31 PM
It's a short week. We are who we are.

It looks like Damien might be the guy. He can run the ball, but he's not a pure runner. You have to let him make some plays in the passing game. And get J-Rob 20+ carries.

Statecoachingblows**
11-23-2013, 06:34 PM
If TR and Dak are out Williams running has to be done smart, don't get unnecessary hits and risk another injury because we just have to run the qb. Make decent decisions and let your RBs pound the ball not your last qb

Ronny
11-23-2013, 06:37 PM
..is going to be a really good QB.

I remember the MSU messageboards talking shit about him because he turned down USM for MSU.

Well, the guy is young & raw & will not play much next year as long as Dak is healthy. But I like what I see from Williams so far.

Having said that, Williams is not ready to be tossed into an Egg Bowl situation.

Our QB travails are going to hamstring us bigtime Thurs. night.

HoopsDawg
11-23-2013, 06:42 PM
..is going to be a really good QB.

I remember the MSU messageboards talking shit about him because he turned down USM for MSU.

Well, the guy is young & raw & will not play much next year as long as Dak is healthy. But I like what I see from Williams so far.

Having said that, Williams is not ready to be tossed into an Egg Bowl situation.

Our QB travails are going to hamstring us bigtime Thurs. night.

I think most people were just pissed that Mullen missed on our top 4 targets and he was a late fill in. But you are right in that he is no Nick Schuessler. The guy can play. He has great fundamentals and can really spin the ball. He looks very poised as well.

Jdawg
11-23-2013, 06:42 PM
It's a short week. We are who we are.

I agree, there's no time to implement a bunch of new shit. It looks to me like our 3rd string guy allows us to run the same offense we run with Dak. That's who we are and that's what we will do.

scottycameron
11-23-2013, 06:52 PM
about to cook steaks on mine, prepping it now.

Thick
11-23-2013, 07:13 PM

Nicely done!!

Thick
11-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Watching OM, we play so much soft zone on the corners, they might just punish us with 5-8 yard gains on short lateral passes.

I seen it dawg
11-23-2013, 09:26 PM

Just ate steaks from mine. Outstanding. Great bottle of cab watching Mizzou punk bitches.

bully99
11-23-2013, 09:33 PM
When is the last time we signed a qb that a lot of other big time schools were recruiting.

It_Could_Happen
11-23-2013, 09:35 PM
When is the last time we signed a qb that a lot of other big time schools were recruiting.

TR

FlabLoser
11-23-2013, 09:35 PM

Tyler Russell

Don't recall who else offered Dak.

We had Cam Newton until out boosters failed us. We had a real shot at a national championship if we pulled him.

EDIT - also Kirk Presley, Cord Sandberg, and maybe Todd Jordan

DownwardDawg
11-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Tyler Russell

Don't recall who else offered Dak.

We had Cam Newton until oujt boosters failed us. We had a real shot at a national championship if we pulled him.

LSU offered Dak. I think TCU too.

Coach34
11-23-2013, 09:58 PM
LSU offered Dak. I think TCU too.

correct

DawgsBite34
11-23-2013, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't jump so fast and say Dak is out....I think Mullen is playing mind games with Freeze. Either way, I think Williams and Robinson give us a shot on offense. The intangibles favor us 100 percent. Our D-Line can match up well, their o-line is not great. We will have to tackle, tackle, and tackle some more. Please do not call any corner blitzes they will kill us. Being at home on defense will be huge, the DB's are getting better. Defensively if we can hold them at 14-20 we'll have a chance. Turnovers would be great. Offensively, Williams and J Rob straight ahead bodes well for us. The landsharks don't play well getting hit in the mouth. Our wideouts are good enough to get open against them. I think we win this game. if we have Dak there is no doubt in my mind who will win