PDA

View Full Version : Softball game 2 thread

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-28-2022, 03:30 PM
Doesn't seem like we've got one going. Scoreless through 1

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-28-2022, 03:34 PM
I'll say it- we are out of shape. If Davidson and the RF were in shape, Davis would have been safe at 3rd and the RF would have made it to the pop up. No other team (softball or baseball, this isn't a sexism thing) has players with so much... fat, honestly. It does nothing but hurt our defense and baserunning. If we can't bother to get in playing weight, I wonder if we're evem bothering to hit the weights hard. S&C needs to be upgraded in softball

Cooterpoot
05-28-2022, 04:00 PM
1. Mia was safe.
2. 2B called off RF
3. We do desperately need to get more athletic. Our defense is bad.

CaptainObvious
05-28-2022, 04:01 PM
I was going to ask if we could comment about Softball inefficiencies like we do baseball, but you answered my question.

I have no problem with the big girls playing softball and in our case at a high level. But I wonder if they use the harder softballs and what the weight of the cats are as I see their players lifting the ball into the outfield and our players hitting a lot of soft stuff on the infield that has led to 2 DPs.

CaptainObvious
05-28-2022, 04:09 PM
Now 3 DPs. They cannot get the ball out of the infield. It even sounds too soft coming off the bats.

Cooterpoot
05-28-2022, 04:11 PM
The difference in softball out west is they're elite defensively and more athletic. They're better bat handlers too. It's why we have to recruit out west. The SEC wasn't real good this year. We probably need to score 3-4 to win this game.

KOdawg1
05-28-2022, 04:19 PM
Idk if someone could've robbed that but the girl we've got in RF sure as hell wasn't going to

Cooterpoot
05-28-2022, 04:20 PM
Wesley is tired and she's the Brandon Smith of softball. Gives up a lot of bombs. Need to pull her.

maroonmania
05-28-2022, 04:21 PM
There goes the lead.

CaptainObvious
05-28-2022, 04:21 PM
Idk if someone could've robbed that but the girl we've got in RF sure as hell wasn't going to

There was a girl about 5 feet behind the fence with a glove that caught it. Hopefully someone is out there signing her to a scholarship.

Cooterpoot
05-28-2022, 04:22 PM
We've totally mismanaged our pitching this series.

maroonmania
05-28-2022, 04:30 PM
Not sure why we didn't try for the DP there instead of going to 3rd. Either way just a terrible throw.

KOdawg1
05-28-2022, 04:31 PM
Oh well.

Back to not caring I go.

Dawg2003
05-28-2022, 04:35 PM
We desperately need better recruiting. Wonder if Ricketts will be able to recruit better.

maroonmania
05-28-2022, 04:35 PM
Oh well.

Back to not caring I go.

I still don't see how in the world we beat the overall #2 seed twice at their place. We just aren't that good. Best hope we had would have been to play the SR in Tallahassee

Cooterpoot
05-28-2022, 04:36 PM
Worst defensive team I've ever seen

SailingDawg
05-28-2022, 04:36 PM
Why was tang batter allowed to run out of the front of the batter?s box while the pitch was being thrown?

maroonmania
05-28-2022, 04:37 PM
Oh well, game over.

Dawg2003
05-28-2022, 04:37 PM
I still don't see how in the world we beat the overall #2 seed twice at their place. We just aren't that good. Best hope we had would have been to play the SR in Tallahassee

I still wonder. We are bottom of the pack SEC, and the SEC isn't even that good this year.

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-28-2022, 04:39 PM
Well I am proud of making a Super, and to me Softball is a better sport than Baseball so I'd love it if we could be good enough to justify me watching it. HOWEVER...

We have 1 good pitcher and she's graduating. I won't claim to be an expert on Hawk or Aspen but I feel confident neither will be elite next year. Defensively, we are BAD, too slow to get to everything we should and make errors when we do get there. Offensively we have a couple good hitters that are older, and I'm not seeing the talent elsewhere. 1st basemen that hit .248 with no power? That's not how a good program is built. I just don't see the evidence the program is progressing. If they play good next season I'll watch SEC play.

We need to get more athletic, get some transfer bats, and get a stud pitcher. Short of that we won't be good next year, sadly.

Dawg2003
05-28-2022, 04:43 PM
Well I am proud of making a Super, and to me Softball is a better sport than Baseball so I'd love it if we could be good enough to justify me watching it. HOWEVER...

We have 1 good pitcher and she's graduating. I won't claim to be an expert on Hawk or Aspen but I feel confident neither will be elite next year. Defensively, we are BAD, too slow to get to everything we should and make errors when we do get there. Offensively we have a couple good hitters that are older, and I'm not seeing the talent elsewhere. 1st basemen that hit .248 with no power? That's not how a good program is built. I just don't see the evidence the program is progressing. If they play good next season I'll watch SEC play.

We need to get more athletic, get some transfer bats, and get a stud pitcher. Short of that we won't be good next year, sadly.

I thought the same thing. We are losing the good players that we do have. Not sure who is gonna be the ace next year either. Not sure who we've recruited as I don't follow it that closely.

Ranchdawg
05-28-2022, 04:48 PM
Well Arizona is totally a blue blood of college softball. They are second only to UCLA in college softball World Series.I?m not hating on this team or this coach. Totally proud of them.

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-28-2022, 04:49 PM
Softball is stuck on purgatory for a while too...

This Super will buy Rickets another year- she can probably miss the tournament in '23 amd still be here in '24. If she missed it in '24 she'd be gone. If she makes it in '24 she's back in '25.

I do t follow recruiting for Softball either she's been here 3 years- is Softball recruiting as far out as Baseball? I can't tell if only the Tfr are Rickets, or if half the roster is. She definitely needs a new S&C culture.

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-28-2022, 04:51 PM
ANNIE WILLIS??? Rickets, what are you doing??? If she was good to go, why didn't she start or at least relieve Aspen? And of she needs rest, why not save her for tomorrow? We have 2 do or die games- there is no reason to burn your best arm down 6 in the first game. She either should have started, or rested

maroonmania
05-28-2022, 04:55 PM

This Super will buy Rickets another year- she can probably miss the tournament in '23 amd still be here in '24. If she missed it in '24 she'd be gone. If she makes it in '24 she's back in '25.

I do t follow recruiting for Softball either she's been here 3 years- is Softball recruiting as far out as Baseball? I can't tell if only the Tfr are Rickets, or if half the roster is. She definitely needs a new S&C culture.

Well, State is losing the best power hitter in program history so I will be highly surprised if the team is nearly as good next year as they were this year. And we only finished around 10th in the league this year.

Cooterpoot
05-28-2022, 04:59 PM

If she doesn't leave this year, she'll pull some portal kids. She's not the issue on the staff but we've got to recruit better.

Dawg2003
05-28-2022, 05:07 PM
Need to go shopping in the portal for some hitters. Our offense has been as bad as the pitching.

trob115
05-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Who is the issue on staff?