PDA

View Full Version : New ?23 Football commit

Hambone
05-23-2022, 08:09 PM
I know it was already said he was coming on board, but just wanted to share. https://twitter.com/pj247sports/status/1528889613242486784?s=21&t=8_FELWC9xRhJVUR2j6YlFg

KOdawg1
05-23-2022, 08:14 PM
Good player.

Hard for me to get excited about HS football recruiting with the portal. Half the guys we sign will be gone in 2 years.

Homedawg
05-23-2022, 08:18 PM
Good player.

Hard for me to get excited about HS football recruiting with the portal. Half the guys we sign will be gone in 2 years.
While I get your point, who have we lost worth a crap? Brule? who didn't start at the end of last year? The rest that left couldn't play for US!! What does that telll you.

KOdawg1
05-23-2022, 08:21 PM
While I get your point, who have we lost worth a crap? Brule? who didn't start at the end of last year? The rest that left couldn't play for US!! What does that telll you.

Oh, I didn't mean it like that. Half the players we sign will be gone in 2 years, but we'll replace them with guys from other schools. That's all I meant. That's why I don't get excited about HS recruits. Portal recruiting is more interesting these days.

Commercecomet24
05-23-2022, 08:28 PM
Oh, I didn't mean it like that. Half the players we sign will be gone in 2 years, but we'll replace them with guys from other schools. That's all I meant. That's why I don't get excited about HS recruits. Portal recruiting is more interesting these days.

You mean free agent market lol!

Homedawg
05-23-2022, 08:43 PM

In football we will have to still get a quality class. Wil half be gone? Yeah but Bc they can't play. We can't fill a roster w the portal in football. We can add to it.actually makes recruiting more important, not less, IMO. For football at least. And baseball. Basketball who cares. That's a disaster all the way around w the portal and nil.

Pancho
05-23-2022, 08:53 PM
both basketball teams may fare better than football and baseball next year.

KOdawg1
05-23-2022, 08:56 PM
In football we will have to still get a quality class. Wil half be gone? Yeah but Bc they can't play. We can't fill a roster w the portal in football. We can add to it.actually makes recruiting more important, not less, IMO. For football at least. And baseball. Basketball who cares. That's a disaster all the way around w the portal and nil.

Lol you're still not getting what I'm saying. I'm not saying that we should stop recruiting high school kids. I'm just saying I don't get invested in it like I used to. That's it.

Homedawg
05-23-2022, 10:00 PM
Lol you're still not getting what I'm saying. I'm not saying that we should stop recruiting high school kids. I'm just saying I don't get invested in it like I used to. That's it.

I gotcha. Sorry wasnt in a debate... and I understand w age I care less too. But what I am saying is hs recruiting for Us is more important. But I understand why you and many other care less. College sports are over in the big two.

Tater
05-24-2022, 12:56 AM
Looks like an undersized one cut back with solid sec speed. If he can keep that speed while getting to a solid college weight then he could be nice to have. As it stands, he is brandon holloway with better weight distribution but still too thin. Plenty of time to bulk up. But the potential is there.

Would like to see him doing more receptions just to make sure he doesn't have stone hands. But that reel showed the potential.

Curious if he would be any good at KR. One cut guys with speed like that generally translate well.

Offshore Dawg
05-24-2022, 06:58 AM
You mean free agent market lol!

this^^^^^^all day every day in this new way of getting players.

3dawgnight15
05-24-2022, 12:00 PM
While undersized, this looks like the kind of kid you want. HS team captain, good grades, graduating early all indicate a mature young man. Could be completely wrong but leaders have been few and far between.

OLJWales
05-25-2022, 11:14 AM
While undersized, this looks like the kind of kid you want. HS team captain, good grades, graduating early all indicate a mature young man. Could be completely wrong but leaders have been few and far between.

THIS.

MedDawg
05-26-2022, 02:40 PM
Looks like an undersized one cut back with solid sec speed. If he can keep that speed while getting to a solid college weight then he could be nice to have. As it stands, he is brandon holloway with better weight distribution but still too thin. Plenty of time to bulk up. But the potential is there.

Would like to see him doing more receptions just to make sure he doesn't have stone hands. But that reel showed the potential.

Curious if he would be any good at KR. One cut guys with speed like that generally translate well.

Holloway would have been really good in this offense

OLJWales
05-26-2022, 03:14 PM
At least we won't hafta worry bout Scat Backs rushing off Guard.