starkvegasdawg
05-23-2022, 08:04 PM
Per the twitters.

Tater
05-23-2022, 10:35 PM
Put the game in Dudy Noble***

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-24-2022, 06:29 AM
This is a great chance for our program to take a step forward. Show the world and all recruits that we WILL support Softball if they win, and that we DO have a loud intimidating home field advantage. If we can make the CWS our program would have a lot of momentum and time in the spotlight

Cooterpoot
05-24-2022, 08:54 AM
We've never charged for games, which is absolutely ridiculous! The school hasn't taken softball very seriously, and it's time that stops. We've got a nice stadium, but nothing like LSU or Bama. We can beat AZ. Their pitching has been trash all year. They don't have many older girls either. Best chance we'll get!

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-24-2022, 09:35 AM
We've never charged for games, which is absolutely ridiculous! The school hasn't taken softball very seriously, and it's time that stops. We've got a nice stadium, but nothing like LSU or Bama. We can beat AZ. Their pitching has been trash all year. They don't have many older girls either. Best chance we'll get!

Charng for games = lower attendance. You're saying you want the althetic department to care about Softball by... trying to make revenue off it and inso doing decrease fan support?

Hambone
05-24-2022, 11:23 AM
Most schools do not charge for Womens softball, tennis or soccer.

Hell, womens basketball was $5.00 a ticket not too long ago.

Cooterpoot
05-24-2022, 03:45 PM
Charng for games = lower attendance. You're saying you want the althetic department to care about Softball by... trying to make revenue off it and inso doing decrease fan support?

I'm saying it's ridiculous we've never charged. This is one of the best softball conferences in America. Everybody else charges, including USM AND OM. $10 a person won't kill anyone and it won't hurt attendance either. If we're serious about softball, treat it that way. We damn sure aren't letting people in free for women's basketball. We're getting better every year.

Cooterpoot
05-24-2022, 03:46 PM
Most schools do not charge for Womens softball, tennis or soccer.

Hell, womens basketball was $5.00 a ticket not too long ago.

You're wrong about softball. I've been to most venues in the SEC and all over the country. I paid to get into a damn NAIA game last week. I paid to get into a D2 game last month. We sold out our tickets this weekend in about 15 minutes.

FanninDawg
05-24-2022, 04:38 PM
Did they use BDC to prioritize sales or first come first serve? We bought tickets cuz we wanted to go support, got a note about sell out and was offered Standing Room Only or a refund. We got our money back.

Pancho
05-24-2022, 05:07 PM
yes BDC was first

Dawg2003
05-24-2022, 05:46 PM
Our fanbase will support softball if we have a winning program. We could absolutely get a lot of fans at every game like we do with women's basketball. Fast pitch softball is a great game that is growing in popularity. A lot of our fans would like it if they gave it a chance. Our fans will be introduced to fast pitch this weekend, and I'm hoping a lot will come back next season and support it. I've always thought this fanbase would get into fats pitch if the program started winning a lot. I started watching it about five years ago.

sandjunky
05-24-2022, 06:59 PM
And SRO only tickets were sold for locations that one cannot physically see any game action

Homedawg
05-24-2022, 07:21 PM
People complaining about not getting tickets could have been a member of the softball club and had first dibs.... yet here we are. I have never ever been to a softball game. But I have been to numerous tennis matches. And if the scenario were the same and they had to decide who got to watch tennis it should be tennis club members, then bdc order. Sorry buts that's how the world works.

StarkVegasSteve
05-24-2022, 08:11 PM
People complaining about not getting tickets could have been a member of the softball club and had first dibs.... yet here we are. I have never ever been to a softball game. But I have been to numerous tennis matches. And if the scenario were the same and they had to decide who got to watch tennis it should be tennis club members, then bdc order. Sorry buts that's how the world works.

From what I was told, this is not correct. The Softball Booster Club did not get first dibs on tickets. I hope that's incorrect, but from what I was told it went strictly by BDC priority.

Really Clark?
05-24-2022, 08:26 PM
What about tickets that are General Admission and not Standing Room Only? StubHub had those on Monday that I was able to get but tickets don't come to your phone until Sat

Pancho
05-24-2022, 09:25 PM
u mite be SOL

R2Dawg
05-25-2022, 01:02 PM
You're wrong about softball. I've been to most venues in the SEC and all over the country. I paid to get into a damn NAIA game last week. I paid to get into a D2 game last month. We sold out our tickets this weekend in about 15 minutes.

May be but I wouldn't charge for any regular season games. You aren't going to make any money on it and you want all the people there you can get. Charging ain't gong to encourage that.

Now charging a few bucks for a super regional at home in a year where the baseball doesn't exist? That would be OK.

desotodawg
05-25-2022, 08:45 PM
Per the twitter-verse, they are installing extra temporary bleachers to provide more seating for SRO ticket holders.

Hail State!

Cooterpoot
05-25-2022, 11:40 PM
May be but I wouldn't charge for any regular season games. You aren't going to make any money on it and you want all the people there you can get. Charging ain't gong to encourage that.

Now charging a few bucks for a super regional at home in a year where the baseball doesn't exist? That would be OK.

Every school in the SEC is charging. Several make money. If you want to have a shitty program, keep treating it like an afterthought. We're upgrading to facilities similar to other schools finally. Recoup at least some money.

Offshore Dawg
05-26-2022, 06:46 PM
Every school in the SEC is charging. Several make money. If you want to have a shitty program, keep treating it like an afterthought. We're upgrading to facilities similar to other schools finally. Recoup at least some money.

New clubhouse + 7 mil, 1000 chair backs @ $25 ea. = $25,000 yep that won't take long to re-coop.

confucius say
05-26-2022, 06:54 PM

Several schools are making money on softball?

BrunswickDawg
05-26-2022, 06:56 PM

No - but they are generating revenue.

If you can get 1000 people to spend $10 a ticket, and have 25 games - thats $250,000

Cooterpoot
05-26-2022, 07:03 PM

42 schools generated over $1MM in revenue 3 years ago. It's more than that now.

confucius say
05-26-2022, 07:05 PM
Fair enough.
But over half our home baseball games weren't $10 a ticket this season. Might be a little steep.

confucius say
05-26-2022, 07:58 PM
42 schools generated over $1MM in revenue 3 years ago. It's more than that now.

I thought by making money you meant generating more revenue than money spent.

Cooterpoot
05-26-2022, 10:25 PM
I thought by making money you meant generating more revenue than money spent.

You mean like baseball? Because it loses money for most schools. Let me know when those games are free.

OLJWales
05-28-2022, 12:17 PM
Mods, please delete this thread as it defiles the premise that our fans suck. (See MINZ Hoops)